A-Spec European Racing Car Expert Challenge: Andalucia Original Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 205 comments
Haven't played in a while but if it's to somehow help those who are crashing.

PS3 Slim, Fully updated, Many Many MANY issues (PS3 Side), Disc from 25/12/13, WiFi. From Australia

Despite my PS3's numerous issues such as a single lap of Silverstone being near impossible these events work just fine, I've completed this event twice in a Jaguar XJ220 LM.

Got a 26:54.903 in the '03 Courage Peugeot. Beat second place by 2:11.782 :D

PS3 Slim, fully updated, original game disc from 12/06/13, wired connection in USA. Haven't won it yet but it hasn't crashed with 3rd or 2nd place.

OK, it's not about regions as you're from the US, it's not PS3 slim or updated as I have one and have not experienced any crashes, it's not the internet connection, that leaves us with just one option, different PSN login.

People who have reported crashes and then raced with a new/different login on the same equipment didn't suffer any new crashes.
What the H is going on here, a different login and everything is fine, this is beyond me :confused:

Could it be that the crash-login is "maxed out" in some strange way?
I know it's just an account, but it seems that the issue is there, that's the only common demoninator I can find, the account, strange kind of woman :boggled:

I only play seasonal events and this is the first one that's crashed for me. I tried to create another username and use that but Sony's server constantly timed out....

There should be somewhere on Sony's site for reporting bugs like this........ All Xmas and can't play this even.

Not happy

I have sent an e-mail reporting this at playstation.com and expect to hear from them soon.

"A clean race to avoid a game crash" nope that can't be it, I had a couple of penalties and no crash, I won and got the money and prize car.
Like I said before, as it doesn't happen to everyone it must be something about the PS3, we just have to find the common denominator amongst the people experiencing crashes.

Please list yours:
My machine is updated, PS3 slim, I have a RJ45 cable connection, I'm playing from sweden.

Well, it seems to be an unsolved mystery until now. I submitted a report to playstation.com and hopefully they will reply. Thanks for your comment.

OK, it's not about regions as you're from the US, it's not PS3 slim or updated as I have one and have not experienced any crashes, it's not the internet connection, that leaves us with just one option, different PSN login.

People who have reported crashes and then raced with a new/different login on the same equipment didn't suffer any new crashes.
What the H is going on here, a different login and everything is fine, this is beyond me :confused:

Could it be that the crash-login is "maxed out" in some strange way?
I know it's just an account, but it seems that the issue is there, that's the only common demoninator I can find, the account, strange kind of woman :boggled:

An interesting theory, but here comes the big question: why only happens with this event and not the other? All four seasonal are available on the same day and I had no problem with any of the other three. By the way, I'm in Guatemala but I created my PSN ID as it is from US.

PS3 slim, all updated, wi-fi, login from Slovenia and another from US, seven different tries with different cars. Only times the game did not crash was when I finished 15th. Once 5th, 7th and three wins it was just ding, ding, ding freeze. Pretty pi***d off with this event because it is a fun one otherwise. Every run I had different (multiple) penalties to or from AI.

PS3 slim, updated, wired, login from Switzerland, Andalucia doesn't crash, but Death Valley did. Doesn't crash now after finishing outside of the money. The next races didn't crash either.

I'm still convinced something is wrong with the payout routine. Why?

1. Both seasonals Andalucia and Death Valley crash for some of us. The payout routine should be the same for both.
2. The payout routine has been changed for the holiday seasonals as we had multiple payouts for the standard seasonals.
3. The game doesn't crash when i finish outside of the money (13th - 16th). And as i could extract from posts in both seasonal threads it's the same for most players here. The routine might not be used then.

An interesting theory, but here comes the big question: why only happens with this event and not the other? All four seasonal are available on the same day and I had no problem with any of the other three. By the way, I'm in Guatemala but I created my PSN ID as it is from US.

My PS3 (slim, wifi) is crashing both with this seasonal and with the previous Willows Springs seasonal. I have won both races several times but never got the prize. In the meantime, I got gold at Nordschleife and everything went OK. Therefore, I think the common denominator here is that the PS3 is crashing with seasonals that include their own custom track.

This was such a hard event for me, just finding the car I was most comfortable with. I ended up with the LMR on INT tires. The car is capable of a 25: flat, but it's so hard [for me] to get a clean run because of the traffic, and the way the surface seems to change characteristics. I'll definitely come back to this one.

LMR.jpg

My PS3 (slim, wifi) is crashing both with this seasonal and with the previous Willows Springs seasonal. I have won both races several times but never got the prize. In the meantime, I got gold at Nordschleife and everything went OK. Therefore, I think the common denominator here is that the PS3 is crashing with seasonals that include their own custom track.

This destroys at least a part of my theory. It means the error occurs before the payout routine. But the payout routine is the one that crashes. :banghead:

First time through and I'm not very good. The viper made up 10 seconds on me on the last lap, and I resorted to some dirty tactics on the last few turns. But I won:D
IMG_20160105_102051.jpg

First time through and I'm not very good. The viper made up 10 seconds on me on the last lap, and I resorted to some dirty tactics on the last few turns. But I won:D
View attachment 498303

OK, time for new theories :)
Too many cars in the garage, or too much money, 50 million is the limit.
I had about 5 million and not that many cars and no crash.
This problem obviously angers people so lets hope that the people at Playstation take this seriously, something is definitely wrong here.

Well, to help (or hinder) your theory, I've never had an issue. I have 176 cars in my garage (0 in my stockyard). I don't have a ton of money though. 17.1 mil after that race. PS3 slim, 250(?) GB. And only one profile plays GT6. My wife started a game on hers but tired of it after one race:boggled::D

My guess is that the bug it is related to custom temporary tracks. I never had a crash before and now my PS3 is only crashing with the new Willow Springs and Andaluzia tracks. All the other seasonals work OK. It would be interesting to know if those of us who are experiencing crashes with Andaluzia also have problems with the American Cars at Willow Springs seasonal.

Just another wild theory - those of you experiencing crashes.....do you have other custom tracks installed? I do, some of my own and one or two of my friend's tracks. Again, I've never experienced a crash. But just kind of thinking out loud

OK, time for new theories :)
Too many cars in the garage, or too much money, 50 million is the limit.
I had about 5 million and not that many cars and no crash.
This problem obviously angers people so lets hope that the people at Playstation take this seriously, something is definitely wrong here.

400 cars in garage, 700 in stockyard. 45 million credits. Game crashed last time I finished in the points.

Post #1000!

On my first couple of goes I finished way down, then finished second all fine but won twice now and froze with the gongs on both occasions. I have around 300 cars, WiFi at around 37 MBps on Fibre which is in the same room as the router about 8 feet (2 metres or so) away, £45 million credits, and I'm in the UK. I've also never had a crash before. I do have the maximum number of user tracks with a couple of them with figure of eight crossovers. My plan is to spend some money or I will try on my sons I'd.

This thread has become about crashes and systems rather than about the race. I wonder if there is a better place for those posts.

We were discussing the problem here, ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/not-getting-paid-for-death-valley-seasonal.340088/page-2 ) but I guess the title may have put some posters off.

From what we can see a) the crashes occur only on the two original tracks., b)crashes occur at the higher payouts.

All the other variables seem a mishmash.

On my first couple of goes I finished way down, then finished second all fine but won twice now and froze with the gongs on both occasions. I have around 300 cars, WiFi at around 37 MBps on Fibre which is in the same room as the router about 8 feet (2 metres or so) away, £45 million credits, and I'm in the UK. I've also never had a crash before. I do have the maximum number of user tracks with a couple of them with figure of eight crossovers. My plan is to spend some money or I will try on my sons I'd.

Created new I.D, spent 1/2 day building money up to buy descent race car. Entered event and got 1st with Audi TT but no payout as the system crashes......... Very disappointing.

I reckon the error is Sony doesn't have the capability to handle so many users as once, its holidays here in Spain at the moment so there will be far more users on line........

Really wanted to get a clean run at this last night, I know I have a high 25 in me, but I simply can't run the length of this race without a single mistake because of the traffic. Once I fight past them the first time they seem to give up completely and I pass them later like they're cones. I'm in first place by the end of the second lap on this run, but had one off because of an AI in the way, and one 5-second penalty for an AI hitting me (we love you PD *rolls eyes).

On a side note, I'm having no crashing issues whatsoever, only a glitch sometimes at the beginning of the race during the lead up video. I also don't get paid for this race.

IMG_8930.jpg

Yeah, kinda easy. First try in an Alpine VGT race car on IM, one stop, by 62 seconds with a couple spins. Very cool track and very glad it wasn't the long and boring Sierra long and boring version.

Did you try the BMW V12 LMR? I'm sure you could do this race in 25 minutes.

Did you try the BMW V12 LMR? I'm sure you could do this race in 25 minutes.

How is the BMW V12 LMR on tires? The tire wear is what, IMHO, makes this race difficult. The first several times I came near to winning it, I had a pretty sizable lead at 8 laps and still lost because of tire wear. I use any of the Audi "R" cars and can win handily every time. I just wish it wouldn't gong and then lock up.

How is the BMW V12 LMR on tires? The tire wear is what, IMHO, makes this race difficult. The first several times I came near to winning it, I had a pretty sizable lead at 8 laps and still lost because of tire wear. I use any of the Audi "R" cars and can win handily every time. I just wish it wouldn't gong and then lock up.

It's excellent on tire wear IMO, for how hard I push it. My driving style is very hard on tires I think, I scrub speed a lot instead of using the brakes. Choose IM tires and pit on 5/6. Curiously, there is more tire left on lap 10 than there is on lap 5, by quite a bit I think, so you can actually pit on 4/5 and be good at the end for sure. Again, this may be my driving style. I tend to hammer the hell out of the first few laps to get ahead, and then try to drive consistent from then on. My best lap is a 1:26.7xx, but average laps are 30/31/32-ish.

Really wanted to get a clean run at this last night, I know I have a high 25 in me, but I simply can't run the length of this race without a single mistake because of the traffic. Once I fight past them the first time they seem to give up completely and I pass them later like they're cones. I'm in first place by the end of the second lap on this run, but had one off because of an AI in the way, and one 5-second penalty for an AI hitting me (we love you PD *rolls eyes).

On a side note, I'm having no crashing issues whatsoever, only a glitch sometimes at the beginning of the race during the lead up video. I also don't get paid for this race.

IMG_8930.jpg

I have since tried on my sons ID and got paid out, spent some credits and retried on my ID and froze, however I have found that the payout works when I experience the glitch that Ultimate Lurker has mentioned at the beginning whilst waiting for the cars to come round. I find that if the cars come round without the glitch then no payout screen and the dreaded gongs are coming. Is this what everyone else is experiencing with the lack of payout? And is there a solution?

Mine paid out for gold once, and hasn't since, so I just thought that was the way it was supposed to be. Beginning glitch or not, no pay screen. However, I don't understand the "gong" thing, I have never had it happen.

- PS3 Slim uptodate Location and Account Brazil,
- WIFI 10MB
- No Custom tracks
- 19.3 Million
- 103 Cars
- Death Valley OK (Gold and Paid)
- Andalucia Crash all the times when I should be paid.. Yesterday I did a test and finished in 15th and NO CRASH!!!

So, the mystery persists... :banghead::banghead::confused::confused:

Back