A-Spec European Racing Car Expert Challenge: Andalucia Original Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 205 comments
Ran this with the BMW Z4 GT3 and came in last. Game didn't lock up. Then ran it again with the Audi R8 LMS Phoenix edition and finished 10th. The game crashed at the end.

Not sure it's worth the time running these special events if the game keeps crashing. Don't necessarily need the gift cars or the credits.

EDIT:

I've got a wired connection and have very little to no game crashes in the last two years. There's something else going on. It'd be nice to figure it out though.

Did it with the Elise Race car 96. Intermediate rain tires with no fuel or tire stops. Try it.

Took me several tries, but I got first with the '96 Elise. However, I pretty much had to pit on lap 9, the car was getting very scary (because I over-drove it for the first 5 laps for sure). I then hopped into the BMW McLaren LM and wow, what a difference, so much more stable, and dare I say more fun to drive in the rain? Yes, definitely.

I've driven this race at least 10 times, won all with the Bentley,all locked up. Tried it with my brother's profile log in, same ps3, same connection,no system crash,got the pay out.
I say it's a profile issue in some way

First I try Alfa Romeo155 2.5 V6 TI '93, after, OpelCalibra Touring Car '94, finally BentleySpeed 8 '03.(600 PP, increasing weight.), easy get gold. I started with intermediate and ended with intermediate. Pit stop at the end of lap 6.

I've driven this race at least 10 times, won all with the Bentley,all locked up. Tried it with my brother's profile log in, same ps3, same connection,no system crash,got the pay out.
I say it's a profile issue in some way

Just had 6 attempts before giving up trying to create another profile to try. Various stages before message "Internet Server timed out" Had a look on google and it appears SONY having problems with their server, so this is probably the reason why it crashes with some people and not with others...... might try it had 3am......

Using the peugeot vision gt with intermediate tires pitting at lap 5 got me 40 seconds in front of 2nd place which was a xj220 lm race car. The 4wd really helped alot. I was able win it on my first try.

I can't find this track anywhere in GT6. The same happens with the Willow Springs track for the previous seasonal challenge. Are those temporary tracks that will disappear after the seasonals are over?

I only had one freeze up the first time I ran this race a day or two after it was released, had to quit game and restart. Several times after that was just fine.

Just tired it for the last time, drank a bottle of white wine first though left from over from Xmas. Pug 905B easy win with loads of spin offs, did a 2.35 lap in the rain and came first with 48.9 second lead so well chuffed...... THEN it crashed again before payout, disappointed with Sony that they couldn't fix the bug with their server..... Nothing to do with my Wifi connection as I can stream live TV without a problem............

Tried this again after a system crash the other day. Finished 15th no crash. Finished 8th, game crashed. Fun event but I'm done wasting my time. Terrible. :grumpy: 👎

I don't know what happened there. It seems that the general consensus amongst us with the game crash issue, is abject disgust, or even outright anger. This is a very fun, challenging event, even for us long time players. But this, to me is just not acceptable. I checked Sony's forums and didn't find anything even GT6 related. (Unless, I just didn't know where to look. If we complain long and loud, this may get us a patch. I'm hoping that next Thursday will bring good events and a fix to Andalucia. Which by the way is spelled differently inside the game. Is there no "official" GT6 forums, etc?

Hi. Praiano's tune for the C60 was 700pp. Did you just lower the power percentage and or did you change anything else except the final gear? Thank you very much!
I used a bone stock Courage Judd @ 52 percent and Inters with a pit at the end of lap 6 for a win by 1.52 minutes.
The Judd is really good on tires.
Fun race.

Reading all things regarding crash of game after this seasonal for some of us, it came to my mind this: 💡 all times I won this race (6 times up to now and different cars) I had at least 1 penalty, the last one due to hit a barrier :banghead: so maybe it has to be done as a clean race, I mean with no penalties at all? :confused: Just thinking about it.... but well, maybe I quit to try again.:guilty:

By the way, I have a wired connection and my game never crashed before, and did all other seasonal without any trouble, so I'm pretty sure the issue is with this seasonal only. Did not heard something from PD/Sony about it. 👎:grumpy:

Any comment about it?

Reading all things regarding crash of game after this seasonal for some of us, it came to my mind this: 💡 all times I won this race (6 times up to now and different cars) I had at least 1 penalty, the last one due to hit a barrier :banghead: so maybe it has to be done as a clean race, I mean with no penalties at all? :confused: Just thinking about it.... but well, maybe I quit to try again.:guilty:

By the way, I have a wired connection and my game never crashed before, and did all other seasonal without any trouble, so I'm pretty sure the issue is with this seasonal only. Did not heard something from PD/Sony about it. 👎:grumpy:

Any comment about it?

I only play seasonal events and this is the first one that's crashed for me. I tried to create another username and use that but Sony's server constantly timed out....

There should be somewhere on Sony's site for reporting bugs like this........ All Xmas and can't play this even.

Not happy

Used the Zonda LM detuned to 600pp. IM tyres, pit at lap 5. Tyres come off very quickly from lap 8, so great care is needed in the final stint. Keeping laptimes at about 2:40 helps alot. Had three spins during the race, but still won by 25s. Rabbit was the XJ220, wich I overtook on lap 4.

Any comment about it?

Any comment about it?

"A clean race to avoid a game crash" nope that can't be it, I had a couple of penalties and no crash, I won and got the money and prize car.
Like I said before, as it doesn't happen to everyone it must be something about the PS3, we just have to find the common denominator amongst the people experiencing crashes.

Please list yours:
My machine is updated, PS3 slim, I have a RJ45 cable connection, I'm playing from sweden.

Last edited:
"A clean race to avoid a game crash" nope that can't be it, I had a couple of penalties and no crash, I won and got the money and prize car.
Like I said before, as it doesn't happen to everyone it must be something about the PS3, we just have to find the common denominator amongst the people experiencing crashes.

Please list yours:
My machine is updated, I have a RJ45 cable connection, I'm playing from sweden.
PS3 slim, updated, WiFi. Works like a charm. Also Sweden.

I've done every seasonal since the game was released, I have never had a crash. I've done and won this particular seasonal 6 times, all with Opel Calibra 94, won by at least 30 seconds each time. Every time it crashes, wireless connection in the US. I am extremely frustrated, as I said before I've never had a crash, grrrrr!

But crashes now?

Please all of you, list your gear, we will solve this eventually when we find the common denominator :)

So far the common denominator for people experiencing crashes is US.........at least until a player from the US reports no crashes here, hehe.

Tried it again today, won it 6 or 7 times with the PUG 905B, today with 1min 20 sec lead and it crashed. Only seasonal to do this. I'm PS3 Slim with genuine copy of game on WiFi and playing in Spain. Will try again tonight....

But crashes now?

Please all of you, list your gear, we will solve this eventually when we find the common denominator :)

Last time I played (yesterday) it crashed. So far today I can't sign in to PSN because of server maintenance. Maybe this is a fix? We'll see.

Just started this Seasonal today having spent a lot of time getting Gold on the Red Bull Fan Car and then the much easier N'ring TTs - used the Alpine Vision for a very wet but easy win with full payout and no crashes. UK on a wired connection with a PS3 Slim & wheel. Never had a Seasonal Event crash or not get a payout or prize, just sometimes reduced payout when my PSN connection is lost. Will try a different car tomorrow - don't want to power limit something over 600PP so will be looking through my garage in the 550-600PP range...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 23
PS3 Slim, fully updated, original game disc from 12/06/13, wired connection in USA. Haven't won it yet but it hasn't crashed with 3rd or 2nd place.

Instead of double posting I'm adding this. I did win the race with the Pescarolo with @praiano63 tune. One pit stop at lap 6. The track starting drying and I'm on IM tires. What was a 28 sec. lead rapidly became a little over 1 sec. but I finally won it. Almost forgot; the system did not crash and I got the credits and the car.

Attachments

• 20160104_214201.jpg
    20160104_214201.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back