A-spec Expert Level British Lightweight: Special Stage Route 5

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 226 comments
I wonder if anyone has had any luck with the 1,200kg power limited McLaren F1 and MP4-12C. Both were used to reasonable effect in the last few lightweight challenges.

I fear the 330 odd hp with 1,200kg may be too much of a challenge unless you draw a race where your only threat is the Lotus 111.
my casual glancing at the first page resulted in second place several times, rocket or fireblade, ya they handle nice but dont feel like there's top speed, what a waste of time

the mclaren made me win twice regardless of its slippery handling & my sloppy driving, it was much easier even without any legitimate tuning (not that it's stock, racing suspension etc but not tweaked, transmission a tick above minimum since you will go faster than 140mph)

8:19.349 - rocket (AI winner 8:11.066 rocket)
8:17.017 - fireblade denezin tune modified & without rigidity/oil (AI winner 8:11.756 rocket)
8:15.210 - fireblade denezin tune (lap 1-3 = 1:33.932 / 1:32.642 / 1:31.693, too slow, AI winner 8:09.954 rocket)
8:11.700 - mclaren (lap 2-4 = 1:30.974 / 1:31.141 / 1:30.813, much better, AI lose 8:19.061 rocket... due to fireblade AI missing? i also retried a few times during the intro replay camera for good luck)
8:10.551 - mclaren (lap 1-3 = 1:34.825 / 1:30.898 / 1:30.429, very nice, AI lose 8:15.441 rocket... again retried for good luck)

we already know these expert races usually have a target time, so that 8:18 turtle a few posts back is not viable unless those multiple restarts/completions really do slow down the AI or the leader makes a mistake

Once you draw a race with the Rocket and Fireblade at the start off position 9 out of 10 times you won't win regardless of how good you drive or how fast your car is. It's a set up. Against other draws you'll win though.

Once you draw a race with the Rocket and Fireblade at the start off position 9 out of 10 times you won't win regardless of how good you drive or how fast your car is. It's a set up. Against other draws you'll win though.

Totally bogus. Put me in McLarens, or a Rocket, TVRs, Elises and a few others, and I can win every time against those two cars.

Are you not seeing all the posts winning in various cars?

Trust me, you can do it too with a proper tune/drive. I'm not a magician :P

No, you're not. You're just this:

steve nfs
The French Revolutionist
The Lightning Rod
Indiana Zones Whip
The Deep Forest Cup
Safety-Car Chief
The King Cobra
iPower Circuit MiEVster
The Top Hatch Trophy
GT300 Runaway Champ
Kei-car Killer
Well done. ;)
:cheers:

Are you using a wheel or a stick?

And learn to manual gear(with controller). I dont know how to use. I read that this also helps.

That's why i always fast at AT gear TT's.(fast short tracks)

Nice effort! What was the secret in the end? Combination of tune and practice?

well for me it was mind numbing hair pulling practice,I tried a few cars looking for the magicbean,the TVR speed 6 got me only 12sec behind the rocket got lucky a few times an got to 8sec but could not get closer as i could not get the car to stick,the ac 427 same thing 12sec and 8sec close to catching the rocket,but could not get the car to stick,the elise 111r got me closest at 3 and 4sec from catching but I was still searching for the magic bean...
loved the way the elise 190 handled but same thing 9sec to close on the rocket,finally it was the rocket last chance hail mary,stage 3 add weight won on second try,3try and beat the rocket by 1.5sec,there was much rejoice in the streets...
even if it was only me,but D**N did it feel good... :gtpflag:

What? AT gear TT's? What's the difference?

I don't get it.

TT's where it make not much different if you use automatic gears or manual.

So the willow 2J TT a time ago and now the Tjappie at eifel.;) (fast short tracks) I read that :P

But I'm gonna learn to do it manual... Takes a bit time and train( I never drive a car in real live:P)

Last edited:
Back