A-spec Expert Level British Lightweights: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 140 comments
Here is the setup I use with the MP4. Mix between Praiano, Me and Myself and I :sly:
If you change oil the percent of power will be less than this, dependant, adjust the final gear.
BH_MP4-12C.jpg

On my first run, I ended in second place, three second behind the rocket.
This is the one that gave me the most problem, it's an FF car, bad acceleration and bad top speed. My only escape was to make the car as good as possible in the corners and not loose any time in them. I was about to give up.

Four attempt and some tune later...

IMG_0723.JPG

The sky was cloudy and the Rocket was first on the grid, for extra info!

Thanks to @mary ann :tup:for the tune on the Europa Special. Twice I have passed Pap on lap 5 only to end up in the sand at Stirling:banghead:. I searched YouTube for a tutorial on running Brands Hatch GP. I watched close to an hour different videos and found one that has all the braking points, how to enter and exit the corners. I'm ready to go after Pap. This was my last race before the videos. Thanks to @skeagracing for sharing gear ratios.👍 I'll post my win here.

Attachments

• 20170807_164443[1].jpg
    20170807_164443[1].jpg
    72 KB · Views: 21
I watched close to an hour different videos and found one that has all the braking points, how to enter and exit the corners.

Mind sharing the URL for this video Barnabas?

I just saw one where the presenter talked about a spin in real life in Paddock Hill corner and he said - quote - 'and i presented my lunch to the cockpit' :lol:

Good luck showing your car's backside to Mr. Papp :cheers:

Mind sharing the URL for this video Barnabas?

I just saw one where the presenter talked about a spin in real life in Paddock Hill corner and he said - quote - 'and i presented my lunch to the cockpit' :lol:

Good luck showing your car's backside to Mr. Papp :cheers:

@AlexAlien Here are links to videos about driving Brands hatch. I'm sorry I don't remember the exact one but it is included in these links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJCATPkPn9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGoI59UeH9Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jjYQQgIre8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H76Oo04BZi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvArcoEn33o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKmJnU16zEc

I hope they help you as they have me. I'm about to go to the track in test drive to make sure I have learned enough from these videos. I have already won this race 10+ times in different cars against Pap. I just want to beat him with this Lotus. Thank you for the encouragement.:cheers:

I could not believe this.:confused: I had 🤬 Pap at Clarke Curve and was to his inside so I had the line for the lead and he hit me and spun me out.:irked: I am so 🤬 mad I can't see straight. The Lotus weighs 649 kg and the Rocket only weighs 449 kg. How can a car that weighs that much less hit me and spin me out. Only in PD's fictional environment. If it was real life Pap would have been in the sand trap. I'm going to get my Evora and come back and stomp him good before I use the Europa again.

Attachments

• 20170808_165518.jpg
    20170808_165518.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 18
I could not believe this.:confused: I had 🤬 Pap at Clarke Curve and was to his inside so I had the line for the lead and he hit me and spun me out.:irked: I am so 🤬 mad I can't see straight. The Lotus weighs 649 kg and the Rocket only weighs 449 kg. How can a car that weighs that much less hit me and spin me out. Only in PD's fictional environment. If it was real life Pap would have been in the sand trap. I'm going to get my Evora and come back and stomp him good before I use the Europa again.
Stay with the Lotus Europa as Pap did the same thing to me at the same place before I changed the Transmission setting for the win. In real life Pap would be RIP plus what insanity would put a car without fenders in a race with cars that had fenders:lol::lol::lol:!!

Do not attempt to adjust anything because you are in the twilight zone.:nervous: With the Evora in hand went to the race and no Pap:crazy: 2 Fireblades in P1 and P2. I have run this event at least 15 times and in every race Pap was either P1 or P2. I'm sorry but 🤬 is going on. I ran the race because why pass up a billion credits. So I went and got my Tamora which for me is faster than the Evora and again no Pap, just the 2 Fireblades. I didn't run that one. Went back to get the Europa and entered an no Pap. That's 3 times in a row in less than 30 minutes with no Pap.:confused: Has anyone experienced a no Pap race. I know @Baron Blitz Red has because he won with a Spitfire and said he had only run the event 3 times at that point. Well I went and painted my Europa a different color, added a rear wing same body color and gold chromed my wheels. Since this is the twilight zone maybe Pap will be confused and I'll be able to get him or could be he is hiding. I'll not stop until I have beat him. Got to go and cut the grass so when I get back in I'm going to try again.

I'm going to get my Evora and come back and stomp him good before I use the Europa again

I remember a time trial where I was struggling very hard for the gold. I went to arcade mode, same conditions and same car, took me about a 100 laps trying different way to take corners and setting the car a little bit at the time and finally got the the time for the gold!

It did help me a lot, I was so proud of myself and found the way to setup a car for my driving style.

It's like learning something new at school or on a new job, time, patience and perseverance, the only way to get better!

Pap has been conquered officially my Europa Special. :mischievous: I did do a 360 at Sheene's :banghead: got my tires off the track but I was able to continue on. Had it not been for the spin it would have been close to a 2 second lead. I am glad that he saw the back of my car. I am very grateful to @mary ann and @skeagracing for their help accomplishing this win. I made several small tweaks to the set up but they were very small adjustments. Thanks to all who have liked my posts.👍👍 :cheers:. I think it was the nice paint job and gold chrome wheels:lol:

Attachments

• 20170810_142618.jpg
    20170810_142618.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Pap has been conquered officially my the Europa Special. :mischievous: I did do a 360 at Sheene's :banghead: got my tires off the track but I was able to continue on. Had it not been for the spin it would have been close to a 2 second lead. I am glad that he saw the back of my car. I am very grateful to @mary ann and @skeagracing for their help accomplishing this win. I made several small tweaks to the set up but they were very small adjustments. Thanks to all who have liked my posts.👍👍 :cheers:. I think it was the nice paint job and gold chrome wheels:lol:
Nice racing good buddy:cheers:.

didnt get a D.Papp but I did get a spaniard in a Caterham but he wasnt much chop compared to my Papaya McLaren F1 GTR LM copy with only 390hp.

Strangely even at 390hp its a bit unstable on many corners with me ended up drifting many of them.

A full power F1 with 50% more power would be crazy.

Back