A-spec Expert Level British Lightweights: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 140 comments
I finally found a good lineup, did two very small mistakes, could probably go half a second faster.
Sorry fordlaser ;)

IMG_0728.JPG

You guys do realize that you're not actually beating Papp unless you beat his best time, right? The AI let you win, which is why the are just behind you no matter what time you run (past a certain point). I think FordLaser got him to an 8:44, and maybe someone else got him faster, but that's the time to beat in the car's you choose, not the field itself. Thinking you're winning by beating the field is like waiting for the bully to get sick before you go to school, you really didn't win anything, you just dodged him.

So, what's the fastest you guys have seen Papp run?

8:38.944 is the fastest I've seen Papp run. Whoosiergirl beat him. It's recorded at the AI Hub.

Then that means, to me, even if someone has won this race, they haven't actually won unless they beat 8:38, which is the fastest AI time. Everything else is just an illusion of winning (unless you're Toretto lol).

It was the wide use of the MP4 -12C '10 in the event this time around that set my alarm bells off because I cannot remember anyone using it when we did this event before. Probably Podi is making the event easier to win since many new players are coming into the game - no doubt many people are only now discovering the thrills that a PS3 and GT6 can provide.
When we did this the first time around, the philosophy behind the play was not about who could go fastest in the most crippled car but how much fun we could have with the rabbits - and that was the thinking about how fast we could taunt Papp to run - and all that fun is still up for reading in the early pages of the GT6 AI Hub.

Those of you who were there then, and are still here now, will remember how we led him a merry chase right into the sand pits. :lol:

Then that means, to me, even if someone has won this race, they haven't actually won unless they beat 8:38, which is the fastest AI time. Everything else is just an illusion of winning (unless you're Toretto lol).

Disagree!

Of course the crappy AI makes this hard to call a race, but i think it's still a better achievement to win with an underpowered car.
This is not a TT, so a win is a win anyway, ask real racers what is more important or if they care about the overall time. Lap time is a different story.

This is not a TT, so a win is a win anyway, ask real racers what is more important or if they care about the overall time. Lap time is a different story.

If finishing the race in first place is your definition of "winning", no problem, most people probably feel the same way. I personally don't feel that way because finishing first literally DEPENDS on a host of factors OTHER than your skill, like the particular field you get, their positions, if they wreck, if you touch them, when exactly that you get in front of them, and so on. The only constant is TIME. How cool is it to brag that you won a race when only the slowest guys showed up?

Realize that the AI are ALWAYS letting you win, evidence of this can be found in the fact that when the AI races a faster car/driver, they can run significantly faster times/races than they do against a slower car/driver.

If the very fastest AI would show up in every race, and behave the exact same way every time, then we wouldn't be having this discussion...and there would be a whole hell of a lot less "wins" recorded. But that's not what happens. The AI tailor's itself to your abilities.

I mean, it's a game, call it how you see it, no disrespect intended at all. But to me, if I consider that I "won" without beating the AI's fastest time, then I may have finished first, but I didn't win.

Disagree!

…………XsnipX……..but i think it's still a better achievement to win with an underpowered car.
………Xsnip……..

Welcome to GTPlanet. :) 👍

The AI never run at their fastest when the player runs an underpowered car.
Tried, tested, and proven at the AI Hub. See posts #721 and #813 for some explanation as to why PS*V=PV.

I have to agree with @UltimateLurker because of this.

On the other hand (yup, I got both a left and a right) the game is made to provide the thrill of winning - winning cars, credits, kudos, achieving self-gratification . . . even some fame and attention if one can find a gaming forum at which to share one's 'achievements.'

So Whoosier Rule. To each their own.

I remember at least one A-Spec Seasonal where if you even touched a car (especially in the top 6), the rabbit would quickly disappear with a sudden boost of extra power. Personally, I really enjoyed those as you had to be clean even though it was only AI opponents. At the very least it added a different dynamic to the normally bland A-Spec races. I miss those.

Lately, I try to search for the unsung heroes in my garage... even tuned, some of my lesser used or even "virgin" cars can be entertaining in their own right, let alone challenging. Then it's a matter of seeing how low can you go PP wise. For a 3 going on 4 year old game, it's the games within the game that keep the longevity going. All YOU have to do is be creative.

Cheers

I remember at least one A-Spec Seasonal where if you even touched a car (especially in the top 6), the rabbit would quickly disappear with a sudden boost of extra power. Personally, I really enjoyed those as you had to be clean even though it was only AI opponents. At the very least it added a different dynamic to the normally bland A-Spec races. I miss those.

Lately, I try to search for the unsung heroes in my garage... even tuned, some of my lesser used or even "virgin" cars can be entertaining in their own right, let alone challenging. Then it's a matter of seeing how low can you go PP wise. For a 3 going on 4 year old game, it's the games within the game that keep the longevity going. All YOU have to do is be creative.

Cheers
Bravo to you:cheers:!!

Welcome to GTPlanet. :) 👍

The AI never run at their fastest when the player runs an underpowered car.
Tried, tested, and proven at the AI Hub. See posts #721 and #813 for some explanation as to why PS*V=PV.

I have to agree with @UltimateLurker because of this.

On the other hand (yup, I got both a left and a right) the game is made to provide the thrill of winning - winning cars, credits, kudos, achieving self-gratification . . . even some fame and attention if one can find a gaming forum at which to share one's 'achievements.'

So Whoosier Rule. To each their own.
@photonrider I just want to win clean, period!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. 👍 Me, too. Quite often if I touch a car by mistake, I'll start the race all over again.

That, of course, doesn't count the weird challenges we gave ourselves in the AI Hub when experimenting with the AI in checking and cataloguing their behaviour.
Same here I start over again:cheers:. And double yes on checking how they behave as I go for a ride with them after I win just to see why I won and what they did:gtpflag:.

To each their own - exactly :cheers:

So if you like 4-5 lap TTs with roadblocks :lol: it's your thing, i prefer to race with stock low PP cars, as the AI is going only slow to a certain point and not slower, which sets a different goal (see Stock Challenges). For TTs i prefer one lap runs, clear track, with cloudy weather ;)

Ran it again after an oil change even so at 447 PP. So either I now need to find ~6 seconds (after oil) or you're not at 440 PP. Honestly, after looking at some TT event results, I find it hard to believe but more power to ya. 👍

440PP, stock, no oil change!!!

You have the right not to believe me, I know I did it and I did it for me (to have fun with another car)

Btw, I'm 4.429 seconds faster than the fastest time post on that track and my car have 200 miles on it and I didn't repair the chassis an the engine.
I can go faster ;)

Back