A-spec Expert Level British Lightweights: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 140 comments
Yes you can win the race with the Elise 111R 04 at 440PP against Papp, but with some very minor changes to the stock tune. I have tried the car without Papp totally stock and just won the race with the Fireblade, but with Papp in the race with a totally stock car I fell very short of winning the race. So I don't think you can win with a totally stock Elise 111R 04 at 440PP unless you make some changes to the tune with Papp in the field .
My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-08-22 15-20-48.png

Last edited:
What's the definition of Stock settings for you @mary ann?

For me it's as defined in the Stock Challenge descriptions, basically buy a car, get in and drive don't change ANY settings, only driving aids as needed, but those should be shared if they are special, TC0-1 and ABS1 are usually my settings.

Whatever, great time set, far in front of me - as usual - but you are a great driver :bowdown: (and don't deny it again ;)) and i'm still a freshman :cheers:

So I don't think you can win with a totally stock Elise 111R 04 at 440PP unless you make some changes to the tune with Papp in the field .

No minor changes, totally stock. Off course it's possible, I did it!

Okay. You using SRF or any other aid?

All aids off except TC-1

What's the definition of Stock settings for you @mary ann?

I bought a car, drive it without buying or changing settings. TC1 is all I need!

I'm driving this event over and over again, I'm starting the game from sctrach and I need money. I already bought al the 20.000.000 cars already!
Probably did that event more than a hundred time!

It's like racing in TT's, the more you drive, you tune the car for your driving style, adjust little things, the faster you get. The first attempts I was struggling very hard to do a lap in 1:29.x now I'm constantly in the 1:27.x

No minor changes, totally stock. Off course it's possible, I did it!

All aids off except TC-1

I bought a car, drive it without buying or changing settings. TC1 is all I need!

I'm driving this event over and over again, I'm starting the game from sctrach and I need money. I already bought al the 20.000.000 cars already!
Probably did that event more than a hundred time!

It's like racing in TT's, the more you drive, you tune the car for your driving style, adjust little things, the faster you get. The first attempts I was struggling very hard to do a lap in 1:29.x now I'm constantly in the 1:27.x
:cheers:!!

I'm running 38/39s and 9:06 I think it was. Feel like it just won't go any faster by what I need. Papp is still way up there. Guess I'll try some more...

Edit: in a 447 PP car!

Last edited:
I'm running 38/39s and 9:06 I think it was. Feel like it just won't go any faster by what I need. Papp is still way up there. Guess I'll try some more...

I've seen Papp do a 9:07 so you've already done a good enough time.

BOAC_EXP_UK_S550SH_111R_STOCK_440SH_917849_20170822_193418.jpg

SCC 550PP at Brands Hatch:
440PP
- 1:39.692 - 9:17.849 - Lotus Elise 111R '04 - SH - MR - 194bhp - 860kg - Seven Fireblade '02 - 09:23.005

This is my better 111R performance for Stock Car Challenge.
Buy and Drive, no tuning, no helps in accordance to the spirit of such challenge.

EDIT: attached results view

Last edited:
BOAC_EXP_UK_S550SH_MP4_TUNED_813809_20170822_163549.jpg

Tuned 550PP at Brands Hatch:
550PP
- 1:27.266 - 8:13.809 - McLaren MP4-12C '10 - SH - MR - 412cv - 1105kg - Light Car Company Rocket '07 - 8:42.311

This is my better score with Tuned car.
I have taken my car of the last UK TT here but no body rigidity and added a wing with a light rear downforce (90).
I'm too sleepy to use Bluetooth and attach score photo, please wait tomorrow asap.

EDIT: attached results view

Last edited:

How did yo go at 447PP with Papp in the field Stock ?.

Here, with oil change car, 447 PP, stock everything else, TC 0, ABS 1, no other aids on. Fastest lap was 37.998

IMG_3936.JPG

Don't recall saying it couldn't be done, but the overall time of 9:02 or 3 at 440 PP is pretty tough to believe. That's my... argument.

Fastest lap was 37.998. Squeaked by that :censored:er at the last corner on the outside and a drag race to the end as I was watching the outside white line try to consume my tires. Heart's beating a little faster than usual.

I'll guess my previous post of a total time of 9:06 was off a bit. This was my fastest race yet far as I can tell. Felt fastest. Looked good mostly.

Here, with oil change car, 447 PP, stock everything else, TC 0, ABS 1, no other aids on. Fastest lap was 37.998

View attachment 668460

Don't recall saying it couldn't be done, but the overall time of 9:02 or 3 at 440 PP is pretty tough to believe. That's my... argument.

Fastest lap was 37.998. Squeaked by that :censored:er at the last corner on the outside and a drag race to the end as I was watching the outside white line try to consume my tires. Heart's beating a little faster than usual.

I'll guess my previous post of a total time of 9:06 was off a bit. This was my fastest race yet far as I can tell. Felt fastest. Looked good mostly.
I believe you Cory, but without an oil change I don't think it can be done with it stock. I can win a race with Papp in the field and do it with a Elise 111R 04 at 440PP with some minor changes to the stock tune and get a time around mary ann race time of 9:03.

Last edited:
how to delete dumb posts?

Report the post (if it's yours) and request a member of the staff (kindly - they have lives, too ;) ) to delete it; don't expect instant results.
If it is another member's post, then you may report it with a note as to why you have a concern with it, and let a moderator delete it at their discretion.
Exercise some caution when reporting another member's posts - quite often they may seem hostile, but it could be just a member having a problem understanding an issue.

I'm absolutely sure it's possible. I did a 9:09, not perfect even by my standards, and there are plenty of drivers who could beat me by a second a lap here. They'd be very good drivers though. Which evidently you are.

Agreed.
I have been watching this player's prowess and they seem consistent - the results are not just a flash in the pan.
What we must consider is that this is not a TT (however much those with an extra length of hose like to think they can spit further) - the track is shared by the AI who are computing decisions at clock-speeds far in excess of human thought-speed (let alone implementation.)
Obviously, a driver's intuition helps immensely in getting through the pack - when exactly to start braking, when exactly to start turning, and when exactly to start accelerating - and this particular player's intuition as to when (in relation to pack placement and future movement) may be quite high.
As persistently demonstrated so far. :)

Sorry I just don't believe this , winning this event in a Elise 111R 04 at 440PP totally stock and All aids off except TC-1 around a race time of 9:03.

Last edited:
looking forward to a new seasonal, got bored with this one. It's the 12C and then a long time nothing that comes close. I just don't like to race the Esprits and TVRs as much.

Back