A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 272 comments
After you pass the Enzo it gets’s a wild bunch of HP.
Right. He went off the track at the last chicane before the sweeping right and then the sweeping left before the start finish. I go past him, through the chicane, i see him regain it in my mirror and then seemingly warp right up to my back bumper. Mabey he has nitrous...

Right. He went off the track at the last chicane before the sweeping right and then the sweeping left before the start finish. I go past him, through the chicane, i see him regain it in my mirror and then seemingly warp right up to my back bumper. Mabey he has nitrous...

Yes, that Enzo got to have some nitrous or aviation fuel that get’s pumped in after you pass it. The thing that makes all this so “”unrealistic”” is that you start dead last so if all this is true you should never be able to get any were close to the Enzo let alone pass it, right??

A fairly easy win in the 430 Scuderia for me, I beat the Enzo by 15+ seconds with lap times in 2:06-08 range.

I did it with this very drive-able tune that should be no trouble for most racers to get around the track.....

_Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07_Normal_by_nowcontrol.jpg

A fairly easy win in the 430 Scuderia for me, I beat the Enzo by 15+ seconds with lap times in 2:06-08 range.

I did it with this very drive-able tune that should be no trouble for most racers to get around the track.....

VERY nice tune @nowcontrol! 👍 It is definitely a more aggressive setup than I was using. I finally posted a 2:10.xxx lap time, although only once during this session. It wasn't my best driving, besides that 4th lap. But, 2:11.xxx would be an easily consistent time for me if I run this a few times and I'm sure once I get a handle on things, I WILL break into 2:09.xxx territory with it. The tune I was using was a bit heavier and I think I can modify a few braking points / amount of braking on some sweepers and that might just push me into 2:09.xxx territory.

So far, I have run this event with the 458 Italia, Enzo, 288 GTO and F430 Scuderia and in my opinion the F430 Scuderia has been the best driving car for this event and track combo. That's just me. I just think it stays planted the best and has the best combination of nimbleness (is that even a word?), power and braking.

:dunce::dunce: QUESTION TIME!!! :dunce::dunce:

I have been meaning to ask this question for quite some time and keep forgetting. If you have a car, that normally produces it's peak horsepower at redline, let's say 9000RPM, but you're applying a Power Limiter that will now place it's peak horsepower at 7000PM and hold that power level to 9000RPM, should I be shifting the car any differently? Normally, you'll see a rather sharp drop in torque from the point of where your power limiter goes into effect, 7000RPM in this example, until redline. Would I be better served to shift a bit sooner now since I will probably be dropping the car into a range with more torque and peak HP only an eyeblink away? Like, in my example, should I now be shifting at 8000RPM instead of 9000RPM? I apologize if this is an eye-roller for most of you, but it has always stumped me and I figure rather than actually try to put in the time to test this myself, I would ask the pros! :D :sly: :P :bowdown:

It's all about the torque curve when you cut power. Watch the speedometer slow down, then shift.

You guys aren't trying this with stock cars? I've now managed to do this with all the Ferraris available for this event in their stock configuration, though on SS tires, but all with no aids. No ABS. Not trying to brag but encourage you guys to try this with stock cars. It's doable, and fun to experience the differences between models. Fun.

The Dino is awesome. 250 was great.

Shouldn't that be 2:14:800 ?
Or am I that slow ?
I mean, I lapped a constant 2:14 with the 430 Scuderia (which I know not to be really fast, but that is because I don't really like the track and I don't know it that well) Took the lead at the end of lap 2 and had the Enzo on my tail for the three remaining laps. In the last lap he made a mistake, dissappeared in my rear view mirror, but few seconds later he was clinging to my rear end again :confused: He seems to have magical powers... but I still won by 00,681.

Did some more races with my other Ferrari's, all wins, but every time with a (very) close margin to the second car, no matter what I tried. Third place was sometimes half a minute or more behind...

Yeah your right it should be 2:14.8

I ran the event this afternoon with my 458 Italia. I had a relatively easy time with the race, until lap 4 when I foolishly went into the gravel on that turn they call "Brundle". That allowed the Enzo to shoot past me and regain the lead. I took it back from him before the end of the lap and then on Lap 5 Mr. Enzo decided to ram me at the end of the high-speed straight half-way through the course. I think they call that Sebring. Where you have to hit the brakes before that right-hand turn and then you encounter that quick chicane. Thankfully he just rammed me straight and I didn't lose control. He seemed to as I was able to really pull away from him.

I can't wait to try this event with some of my other Ferrari's. I'm about to do that once I finish this message. :D

I have a question for you folks... I've been debating purchasing a Ferrari 250 GTO (the $20M car). I finally have almost $30M so I can definitely afford it and not be hurting for tuning credits or purchasing other cars. Is it really worth the $20,000,000? Will I get much use out of it? Please, share your thoughts on the car... :cheers:
It's all about the torque curve when you cut power. Watch the speedometer slow down, then shift.

You guys aren't trying this with stock cars? I've now managed to do this with all the Ferraris available for this event in their stock configuration, though on SS tires, but all with no aids. No ABS. Not trying to brag but encourage you guys to try this with stock cars. It's doable, and fun to experience the differences between models. Fun.

The Dino is awesome. 250 was great.

Truth!!

VERY nice tune @nowcontrol! 👍 It is definitely a more aggressive setup than I was using. I finally posted a 2:10.xxx lap time, although only once during this session. It wasn't my best driving, besides that 4th lap. But, 2:11.xxx would be an easily consistent time for me if I run this a few times and I'm sure once I get a handle on things, I WILL break into 2:09.xxx territory with it. The tune I was using was a bit heavier and I think I can modify a few braking points / amount of braking on some sweepers and that might just push me into 2:09.xxx territory.

So far, I have run this event with the 458 Italia, Enzo, 288 GTO and F430 Scuderia and in my opinion the F430 Scuderia has been the best driving car for this event and track combo. That's just me. I just think it stays planted the best and has the best combination of nimbleness (is that even a word?), power and braking.

:dunce::dunce: QUESTION TIME!!! :dunce::dunce:

I have been meaning to ask this question for quite some time and keep forgetting. If you have a car, that normally produces it's peak horsepower at redline, let's say 9000RPM, but you're applying a Power Limiter that will now place it's peak horsepower at 7000PM and hold that power level to 9000RPM, should I be shifting the car any differently? Normally, you'll see a rather sharp drop in torque from the point of where your power limiter goes into effect, 7000RPM in this example, until redline. Would I be better served to shift a bit sooner now since I will probably be dropping the car into a range with more torque and peak HP only an eyeblink away? Like, in my example, should I now be shifting at 8000RPM instead of 9000RPM? I apologize if this is an eye-roller for most of you, but it has always stumped me and I figure rather than actually try to put in the time to test this myself, I would ask the pros! :D :sly: :P :bowdown:

Go with coryclifford he got it right

This was fun with an F40, had a good last two laps with the Enzo rabbit, he was bump in' me and I returned the favour, side by side for long stretches. Need sub 2:20 laps

Yes, that Enzo got to have some nitrous or aviation fuel that get’s pumped in after you pass it. The thing that makes all this so “”unrealistic”” is that you start dead last so if all this is true you should never be able to get any were close to the Enzo let alone pass it, right??
Yeah that is true. The AI is very strange and inconsistent. Has anyone seen them going off the track and crashing in this race?

Had some time to fiddle with the F430 Scud setup this eve and got some consistency. 11:03:466 with a fastest of 2.04.268.
My tune is :
Body : Full Aero kit, Motegi Std Size Wheels, SS Tyres, Custom Rear Spoiler at 220
Weight Reduction Stage 3 , 25 KG ballast at -10% 45:55 Weight Distro

Power: 90.4% Standard everything

Custom Gears Triple Plate Clutch
Initial :10
Acc : 23
Brake : 8
Gears
Max 180 mph
1: 3.474
2: 2.369
3 1.742
4: 1.343
5: 1.085
6: 0.918
F/D : 4.260

Suspension

Full Custom
Ride: 90:90
Spring: 8.70 / 10.10
Dampers 4 allround ext and rebound
ARB : 4/4
Camber 0/0
Toe 0.00 / -0.10

Race Brakes: 7 /5

1145 KG 454 BHP
DS3 No aids except ABS 1
Hope this tune helps someone.
Going to go have some fun with the 84 GTO now.

Attachments

• f430_204268.JPG
    f430_204268.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
stock GTO '84 set to the PP limit and won with ease, despite the rubber banding enzo i had behind me and i had such fun with this race in the this car.

You guys are all making me want to try out the 84 GTO. I've driven almost all the Ferrari's and generally love them, especially the Italia and Dino, but never tried the GTO. I won't be able to try this event until tonight, but maybe I'll start out with the GTO on this one based upon all your great reviews. That's one of the things I love about this game.. always a new car to discover!
Stock, the 288 GTO drives really well. I definitely was not disappointed that it was one of the cars Polyphony chose for the Sierra Time Rally event.

I haven't tried it for this event, though.

Stock, the 288 GTO drives really well. I definitely was not disappointed that it was one of the cars Polyphony chose for the Sierra Time Rally event.

I haven't tried it for this event, though.

the funny thing is i struggled with the rally event with the GTO tuck 4 times and its only about a week ago, since i managed to finally get gold but was fun. think its improved me as a driver.

the funny thing is i struggled with the rally event with the GTO tuck 4 times and its only about a week ago, since i managed to finally get gold but was fun. think its improved me as a driver.
Oh, I haven't golded that event, either, but it's fun to drive. :)

I was rather surprised at how much better to drive the 288 GTO is than the F40. I figured they'd be somewhat similar, given they're from the same era and are both turbo V-8s. But they're completely different. The F40's a monster, at least if GT6 is any indication. But the 288 GTO? Quite pleasant to drive.

Given that, I'm not sure why I didn't think to use it for this event. Stock, it has 516 PP, so it's not far off. OTOH, in my testing of stock cars at the Nürburgring GP course, I got a 2:16.727 in the 288 GTO and a 2:14.099 in the 458 Italia, so I just figured it wouldn't be fast enough. But maybe tuned up to 550 PP...

I'll have to give it a shot tonight after I try the F430 again. (After the trick-or-treating with my daughter, anyway. :) )

I just had the most fun, so far, in this event using the @Ridox2JZGTE Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) US Market Version which you can find HERE. I'll be straight up with you...You probably won't set the fastest possible laps with this setup. I'm sure you can find a tune, or create your own if you have the know how, that will set faster laps. What keeps me going back to Ridox's tunes is that he painstakingly recreates the car using the exact real world specs of the car. (I've also got his European F40 setup that I'll try later). What this means to me, is that I'm experiencing what it actually was like to drive the US version of the F40, as close as I can with GT6's physics, tire model,etc... of course. I'm not looking for the quickest gearing possible, I want to know what the F40 really pulled from each gear...

Anyway, enough of that... Ridox doesn't pay me by the word. :sly: :D Let's talk about the drive. I was setting 2:13.xxx and 2:14.xxx laps with this thing. I could do better and I will do better now that I am a little more familiar with this unholy beast. One of the greatest feelings is how this car pulls in 3rd gear. You're positive that there is no way it is going to hold around this bend, but you leave your foot to the floor and she just digs in and puts the power onto the pavement and you marvel at how wonderful this car can be. At the same time, she has quirks. No doubt. If you know anything about the REAL Ferrari F40, you know that many people were afraid of the car. It is not for the faint of heart. Well, neither is Ridox's tune, but I beg some of you to try it. He provides a few alternate setups, so pick what interests you.

I think most of us play GT6 because we love cars. We love the differences we find in Car A, Car B and Car C. I think too often we are too interested in just using the tune that will set the fastest possible lap and frankly, I think we remove every single bit of character from our cars at times. An F40 shouldn't drive like an F430 or a 458 Italia. It doesn't in real life! Please, check out Ridox garage, if you haven't already... You might struggle with some of his tunes at first, I did, but you'll get over that hump VERY quickly. You'll appreciate the tremendous amount of work he puts into each one of his tunes. I kid you not, he must spend hours just posting 1 tune based on his notes/summary/info section.

Okay...I'll climb off my soapbox now. :lol: :D

mhm seen 3 cars do it from place 4-7 allowing me to pass, wonder if this was intentional
I just had the most fun, so far, in this event using the @Ridox2JZGTE Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) US Market Version which you can find HERE. I'll be straight up with you...You probably won't set the fastest possible laps with this setup. I'm sure you can find a tune, or create your own if you have the know how, that will set faster laps. What keeps me going back to Ridox's tunes is that he painstakingly recreates the car using the exact real world specs of the car. (I've also got his European F40 setup that I'll try later). What this means to me, is that I'm experiencing what it actually was like to drive the US version of the F40, as close as I can with GT6's physics, tire model,etc... of course. I'm not looking for the quickest gearing possible, I want to know what the F40 really pulled from each gear...

Anyway, enough of that... Ridox doesn't pay me by the word. :sly: :D Let's talk about the drive. I was setting 2:13.xxx and 2:14.xxx laps with this thing. I could do better and I will do better now that I am a little more familiar with this unholy beast. One of the greatest feelings is how this car pulls in 3rd gear. You're positive that there is no way it is going to hold around this bend, but you leave your foot to the floor and she just digs in and puts the power onto the pavement and you marvel at how wonderful this car can be. At the same time, she has quirks. No doubt. If you know anything about the REAL Ferrari F40, you know that many people were afraid of the car. It is not for the faint of heart. Well, neither is Ridox's tune, but I beg some of you to try it. He provides a few alternate setups, so pick what interests you.

I think most of us play GT6 because we love cars. We love the differences we find in Car A, Car B and Car C. I think too often we are too interested in just using the tune that will set the fastest possible lap and frankly, I think we remove every single bit of character from our cars at times. An F40 shouldn't drive like an F430 or a 458 Italia. It doesn't in real life! Please, check out Ridox garage, if you haven't already... You might struggle with some of his tunes at first, I did, but you'll get over that hump VERY quickly. You'll appreciate the tremendous amount of work he puts into each one of his tunes. I kid you not, he must spend hours just posting 1 tune based on his notes/summary/info section.

Okay...I'll climb off my soapbox now. :lol: :D
That's cool. I'll check those tunes out. I like the idea of having the car the way it is in real life. :)

just got my PB lap for the event, a 2.04.50 in the gto 88. I think that its the fastest of them all on this track, although the 599 is very, very close. I have given up on the Enzo, whilst it is very quick, and is an assured win, something bazaar seems to happen to its handling after you pass the Enzo rabbit. For some unknown reason, the car seems to just "slip" off the track for no real reason when you are too far in front, eg, 20 seconds. Really annoying as I am trying for a sub 2 min lap, and have been on course for it, but just can't keep the thing on the track. Weird.

Last edited:
I just had the most fun, so far, in this event using the @Ridox2JZGTE Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) US Market Version which you can find HERE. I'll be straight up with you...You probably won't set the fastest possible laps with this setup. I'm sure you can find a tune, or create your own if you have the know how, that will set faster laps. What keeps me going back to Ridox's tunes is that he painstakingly recreates the car using the exact real world specs of the car.
I actually saw that and I've been meaning to try it out. That said, the F40's probably too much of a handful for me to do anything competitive with it. :)

I actually saw that and I've been meaning to try it out. That said, the F40's probably too much of a handful for me to do anything competitive with it. :)
I disagree Robert. I'm aware of your skill level. You and I are very similar... You'll handle that thing no problem. When I say things like "it's a beast..." I'm being a tad dramatic. Yes, it does have some quirks compared to the cookie cutter tunes that we often see applied to cars here. I don't think it's that difficult to drive. It's just a little different because he does set the LSD to match real world settings. I guarantee you'll get used to it after a handful of laps. If you already own a Ferrari F40, the worst that could happen would be that you spent an hour reading his post, setting up the tune on TAB C and driving a few test laps in Arcade Mode. If you don't already have the F40, I can understand maybe not wanting to buy a car just for a strange tune that some moron keeps going on and on about... :D :lol: If you decide to give it a shot, please let me know what you think. I don't know Ridox personally. I've probably chatted with him a handful of times in his Tuning Garage. I don't have an agenda here other than trying to bring some interesting diversity to the game...which is what I'm certain Ridox is also trying to do by setting up a "replica" garage.

EDIT:
@Bluesman81977 If you end up liking that tune, check out his main page HERE. He's got a bunch of interesting ones. I don't have all my cars set up as replicas. Not even close. If I had 20 I'd be surprised. But, the ones I have set up this way are cars that I'm truly interested in, in real life...

Back