A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 272 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

fXcNimR.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 30/10/2014 - 13/11/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 550 or less
Tyres: Sports Soft or less
Categories: Normal Car
Cars: Ferrari
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.185,000
Silver: Cr.111,000
Bronze: Cr.92,500

Gift(s):
Gold: GT METTALIC 005-W paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Special Ascari Full Track
Track Length: 3.37 miles / 5423 m
Time of day: 15:00
Temp: 30ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61
Ferrari 512 BB '76

Collision and Short Cut Penalties are active for this race.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I beat this race with my 458 with the power limiter,triple plate clutch, and 177 kg at the front. My fastest lap was 2:14.8. It was easy when I start to drive around the corners good.

Last edited:
Stock California = fun
Stock Dino = awesome
Stock Enzo = easy
Stock F40 = exciting
Stock F430 = easy
Stock GTO = fun
Stock SP1 = easy
Stock 250 = very cool
Stock 365 = meh
Stock 430 = fun
Stock 458 = easy
Stock 512 = very cool
Stock 599 = not bad

No Nürb event that's for sure...

Last edited:
Wubberbandy twasing wabbit.

I have all the Ferraris and have hardly raced them, so I might end doing this event a bunch by trying out each.

So far, I've run this in the F430 with a few alterations and Praiano's GTO '84.

Didn't realise there were penalties in this until the second race. Also, I received a couple of hefty rear-endings from the Enzo in the first race in the F430.

did it in 599 easily - actually SPUN OUT totally in the 4th lap because I lost my attention for a sec, and then took over the Enzo quite easily in the 5th lap..

Love Ferraris! :) Only finnished second twice so far though. The F40 and the enemy 599 seem overly agressive. I would have won the second race had it not been for a cut through penalty. Wich they hadn't hit me with all race till i was in the lead. Hmph. The penalties don't seem consistent. I've really slammed some cars and didn't get caught. Go figure.

Doable with a stock 250 GT. Just put SS tires on it. No oil change. No aids at all.
I strongly recommend it. Lots of fun. The only hard thing is to keep the Enzo behind you in the straights. It finished third because the AI messed up in one of the last corners.

This picture is from my first attempt. Full of little mistakes and with one or two dirty overtakes.

DSC_1256.jpg

PS1: If someone is interested I could upload a low quality video.
PS2: Keep pushing @Bluesman81977 ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Doable with a stock 250 GT. Just put SS tires on it. No oil change. No aids at all.
I strongly recommend it. Lots of fun. The only hard thing is to keep the Enzo behind you in the straights. It finished third because the AI messed up in one of the last corners.

This picture is from my first attempt. Full of little mistakes and with one or two dirty overtakes.

View attachment 247106

PS1: If someone is interested I could upload a low quality video.
PS2: Keep pushing @Bluesman81977 ;)

Cheers!
This will be a good opportunity for me to learn Ascari. It seems difficult to pass on but there was also a time when i couldn't stand the Ring. Now i love it. :)

Ahhh... This event sounds interesting, making us choose from a Ferrari is kind of cool. Ascari is a great track too. I used to hate it, when I first bought GT6. I think it was just too difficult for me to drive while maintaining a quick pace. I can't wait to try this event.

Ahhh... This event sounds interesting, making us choose from a Ferrari is kind of cool. Ascari is a great track too. I used to hate it, when I first bought GT6. I think it was just too difficult for me to drive while maintaining a quick pace. I can't wait to try this event.
Yeah i managed bronze on the S5 license test and haven't gone back to it.

I used the Ferrari F430 '06 with tuning from @shaunm80
You may not like it, but i do, brakes very good, and if you start turning too early, the car slides into place
and i could dive into the corner.

Settings? Press spoiler to view sheet
_Ferrari F430 '06_normal_by_shaunm80 EXETER.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah i managed bronze on the S5 license test and haven't gone back to it.
That's all I managed too. Granted, I never even attempted that license test once I got my bronze. I'd like to hope that I could do much better now - that was quite a while ago and I know I've improved a bit. Still, with that fat pig of a car and those tight corners...man, that's a heck of a license test. I wonder how many people haven't been able to pass to S Class all because of that one license test. There has to be some.

Apologies for the double posting. Just got another reply on my own garage letting me know about this car. 450PP SH tune. Winner on this seasonal. No adaptions to the tune was used.

Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61

Link here

ferrari250gt-jpg.119055

That's all I managed too. Granted, I never even attempted that license test once I got my bronze. I'd like to hope that I could do much better now - that was quite a while ago and I know I've improved a bit. Still, with that fat pig of a car and those tight corners...man, that's a heck of a license test. I wonder how many people haven't been able to pass to S Class all because of that one license test. There has to be some.
I know. Not a fan of that Bugatti at all! Looking forward to this event for the next two weeks though.

On my first attempt, I tried very very hard. Resulting in a lot of errors, and ended up second in the all-red field. So I realized this was the easiest Expert race I have tried, and won the Enzo by roughly two seconds.

I used a "'87" F40 in both races, so 489 bhp & 1112 kg, and sports soft.

This was in the second race, dipped a tyre outside:

greengreen.jpg

Love Ferraris! :) Only finnished second twice so far though. The F40 and the enemy 599 seem overly agressive. I would have won the second race had it not been for a cut through penalty. Wich they hadn't hit me with all race till i was in the lead. Hmph. The penalties don't seem consistent. I've really slammed some cars and didn't get caught. Go figure.
I am going to try all the Ferraris, so far the 458 not to bad but the Enzo '02 does handle well. I just won beating the Enzo '02 by 1 second using @praiano63 tune here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...0pp-sport-tires.291084/page-117#post-10063640 👍.

Found this one quite easy with the 458, almost to the point of losing concentration towards the end of laps 4 and 5. Fun, but just seemed quite long. Maybe a 3 lap race would do? Used the same car de-tuned for the stage 5 intermediate race. Wow, now that was fun. Could really push the car through corners hard which I would normally have to tip-toe round. Great fun. Now to go through my whole Ferrari collection, looking forward to it.

Back