A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 117 comments
Some prefer the F40 to the Scuderia...

That's one weird ass human being. Or should I say, glutton for punishment lol.

@UltimateLurker share that tune then cause after 3 tries I don't care to try to make up 21 seconds. Must be a good tune to be four seconds faster per lap than my quick tune. You running any driver aids?

@UltimateLurker any chance that you can post the tune on the forum as I too would like to give it a shot.

Of course guys. It's the Praiano tune that I made a few tweaks to. I tried it with SRF, and TC2, but I'm faster with SRF off and TC1 on the Ferrari's because there is more sliding I suppose.

I like trailing throttle oversteer, so I leave the car a bit heavy in the back, stab the brake before the corner, then let off and turn in quickly. The weight of the car changes my steering angle and allows me to carry a lot of speed through the corner. Doesn't work in a lot of cars, but the in the Ferrari's it does (if the tune is stable).

'07 Ferrari Scuderia - 550pp - 459hp/347tq - 1162kg - 47:53

105/120
750/1400
10/6
8/9
4/5
0/0
-10/12
7/5

12/22/32

91.5%
57kg @ -50
All weight reduction

Initial FD: 5000
Max to 137
Final FD: 3700

TC1, steering mild, no other driver aids

@UltimateLurker @WhoosierGirl has moved on to the PS4 and GT Sport. I hadn't heard from her in a long time so I sent her a message. That's what she told me. I let her know that we missed her. It seem there are a lot of our friends have ditched GT6 and gone on to the PS4 and the new games like GT Sport. If I could afford it I'd most likely do the same. I'm holding out until the price goes down some more and awaiting new of GT7. Until then I'm still with GT6. I started a new game on my youngest son's account so I'm playing there and only come here when the new Seasonals are updated. I've even gone back to GT5 because I can build hybrids there. PD doesn't give a hoot about all of us who have been loyal to the GT series. I think that why the continued recycled events keep showing up. Same tracks ect. What a shame since there are many tracks available to do something new. If you happen to be 60 or older there is great fun in the Geezer Club. We race online on Saturday mornings and are trying a mid week race on Thursdays. Great fun and very clean and respectful. :cheers:

Is this club only for over 60? what if I'm looking for something very clean and respectful but I'm half way to the 60 ;), can I still join?

Hey @Jeje6410 your Enzo is very good now and I have made changes to your tune, no oil change, no front and rear Camber and no front and rear Toe Angle.
Well, I went to try your changes to Jeje's tune this morning, and realized that I somehow missed putting in the camber angles. :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: I think this should explain our difference in opinion of the tune. I feel that I gave a recommendation in error, and for that I apologize. :)

Ferrari Dino 246 GT. No tune. No Aids. Clean race. No penalties. P1.Enzo. P2.458. P3.430. P4. 599. Fast lap 2:19.200. Pass for the win on lap 4 over the Enzo at Gachot Corner. The Enzo went off at Gachot for no apparent reason. Finishing order was crazy for sure as listed here. Dino.458.430.F40.GTO.430.Enzo. Winning margin over the 458 was 00.857. The Dino 246 GT is my personal best Ferrari of all times for sure. I had the lucky chance to drive one in Corsica in 1976 for a few glorious months.

image.jpg

The 430 with @UltimateLurker tune...
image.jpg

My go with 458 Italian and an @pirano tune, PP adjusted for this race...

Last edited:
Well I have had a lot of fun with this race... I got my son's account to 50,000,000 credits, used 4 different cars the last of which was the Dino at 505PP with @Jeje6410 tune. Quite a handful to drive after driving the majority of the time in a FR car. For a track I once disliked very much is now one of my favorites. Knowing PD the next Super Lap is going to be here and who know what car and tire combination:lol:. I had the most fun with the 365 prize car with a modified @praiano63 tune. The next was the '08 California with the tune by @Jeje6410 that I modified to get to 550PP and I also had a lot of fun with the '06 F430 tuned by @Kenzel.

Now to let him get a few of the Vision GT cars or some of the 20 million credit cars because we have plenty of days left to max out the credits once again. A BIG thank you to the tuners and @Jordan for the new fresh look of the site.

Attachments

• 20170610_175027.jpg
    20170610_175027.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20170610_174504.jpg
    20170610_174504.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 14
It seems that I like this event so much that I have been using different cars on my own account without regard of the credits. This is the closest race I've had in car that I think was trying to kill me.:lol: Not really, it was just harder to drive with the same driving style that I'm used to. I had multiple offs, did a 360 and got 4 penalties, 2 of them the AI ramming me and the other 2 completely my fault at the start chicane. That's the one thing I just haven't figured out. A little too far left or right gives me a shortcut penalty. So I have to slow way down and tip toe through it. The car was the early 250 with all the Italian names, tune by @praiano63 from way back in early 2015. I had like 526 PP with everything you could put on the car and no wing. Yes I do use aids, I use SRF, ABS 4 and TC between 2-5 depending on the car. I'm trying to learn to use no aids like I did when my wheel was working. It is very hard to catch with the D-Pad and like I learned at Skip Barbers racing school I drive very deep into the turns and having ABS at 4 allows me to slow down fast without losing the car. I have been hoping to find a G25 or 27 used that I can afford, but no luck so far.

Attachments

• 20170611_124752.jpg
    20170611_124752.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 21
So which car is best here?
TBH pretty much all the Ferrari's (except the race car ones) are good, I've tried and won with most of them, although the lower PP ones will need a few more parts to be competitive i.e. Dino,
But I've found the California is pretty much a good stable car, I've even won the event in its standard form.

Hi all
My first impression of this event/challenge was to be honest I absolutely hated it, as I've found it incredibly hard to stay in front without spinning off or getting into a tangle!

But now I absolutely love it, I've tried tuned up Ferrari's that went well after a re-think, where as before it was bloody awful, then I tried a very mild setup that went pretty good too, so what else could I try ... ?

So I thought I try the standard Ferrari's, as I have a few Ferrari's in my garage, so I tried a few out and see how well they do.

They are as follows:-

Stock Ferrari (no tuning and completely standard)

SP1 (fast)

430 Scuderia (good but a bit slippery at times)

California (good all rounder)

GTO '84 (pretty good)

599 (fast but if you get it wrong it'll bite back)

F430 '06 (the Ferrari's equivalent to the Lotus Elise but quicker)

And I finished 1st with each of these

Last edited:
Hi all
My first impression of this event/challenge was to be honest I absolutely hated it, as I've found it incredibly hard to stay in front without spinning off or getting into a tangle!

But now I absolutely love it, I've tried tuned up Ferrari's that went well after a re-think, where as before it was bloody awful, then I tried a very mild setup that went pretty good too, so what else could I try ... ?

So I thought I try the standard Ferrari's, as I have a few Ferrari's in my garage, so I tried a few out and see how well they do.

They are as follows:-

Stock Ferrari (no tuning and completely standard)

SP1 (fast)

430 Scuderia (good but a bit slippery at times)

California (good all rounder)

GTO '84 (pretty good)

599 (fast but if you get it wrong it'll bite back)

F430 '06 (the Ferrari's equivalent to the Lotus Elise but quicker)

And I finished 1st with each of these
Plus all assists are off, no abs, tc etc etc

Latest Posts

Back