A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
Finally got a clean run, but still lots of time left. My laptime is 6:15,412 with DS3 and ABS: 1 only.

Tune HSV Base Model '12

70 65
11,21 12,13
1 1
2 2
6 6
0 0
0 0

racing brake: 5 / 5

LSD: 10 / 11 / 12

power: high rpm turbo @ 81,1% limiter ( no oil change )

downforce: 400 / 550

gearbox:
reset to default
topspeed: 240km/h
gears ( 1st - 6th ): 4,919 / 3,458 / 2,720 / 2,184 / 1,765 / 1,440
then set final gear to 2,750

Works well, 6th gear is a bit long but could be useful if you got slipstream on the final
straight.

The car has lots of rotation on corner entry, because i like it this way. If you have trouble to
control it you should use active stearing or even SRF.

did the trick for me at first attempt of it.
i have to say that it was against a weaker field

NSX Base Model

Add body rigidity
No oil change

62/68
14.16/14.16
2/2
3/3
4/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5

LSD 7/9/10

Low rpm turbo @100%

350/570
5 kg ballast @ 30%

Reset trans
199 mph
4.025 Final

591 HP
1,155 kg
46/54
552 ft-lb
1.95 kg/HP

Not a big fan but drives okay.

That tune got it done. It makes the car much more drivable than what I was doing. With that I have at least 1 win with all the newer gt500 types

This event reminded me a lot difficulty-wise of the GT5 Nurburgring seasonal that was ~650pp tuned/race cars in the rain and the 700PP Spa seasonal with variable weather. I was grateful to not have to deal with rain on this one.

It took me four tries with my own tune to get a third place finish with the HSV, then I tried Cory's tune and I got two 2nd place finishes in a row.

At one point I tried the Z car and it handled like it was on rails OOTB but it was just too slow on the high speed portions for me and I was losing too much ground.

After some more thread reading, I realized I needed to turn SRF on and become much more aggressive with passing the bots and finally pulled out another 2nd, and then finally a win! It was kind of "asshole-bumping-cars-out-of-the-way" sloppy but a win is a win, right? :D

I'm a barely better than "dead middle of the pack average" driver using a T300RS - If I can beat this race (with Cory's HSV tune), you can too. Don't give up!

i dont understand why there can be so much difference between two cars of exactly the same type, model, year whatever.
Comparing my SC430 Base Model '08 to the ENEOS SC430 '08 i found out that with the same engine setup stage 3 and limitted to 600 LP , the ENEOS still has 26 KW more max Power then the Base Model.
no further tuning was done to both engines (oil change or anything) ... what is the point behind this ?

I do a little further finetuning and then i post this setup in here to let you improve it a little if you like.

as promised here is what i did and it worked for a 6:31 even though i had two terrifying excursions to the green.

the setup feels a bit like the car is moving more then with my other setup but in fact its a lot quicker then the first setup i did. And i think if anyone who realy knows and can handle the ring would be a lot more faster with it.

The car: ENEOS SC430 '08 (Lexus GT500)

600 PP
456 kW
1,100 kg
627 torque

suspension:
90 - 90
15.00 - 15.50
2 - 4
4 - 5
6 - 7
0.0 - 0.0
0.20 - 0.35

brakes:
6 - 4

gearbox:
topspeed 330 kph (autosetup)

LSD:

power:
limiter 99.4%
engine stage 3

DF
325 - 500

AS - strong (i tryed weak and off but then i slide more)
TC - 1
ASM - off
ABS - 1
SRF - on

I do another couple of rounds to see if its adjustable anyhow. But this allready worked great for me.

Anyone is wellcome to have a try

Last edited:
I believe on the 2 times that I have won the event I was 3rd and 4th at the Big Carousel. The time I was 4th I was right behind the #3 car and passed him shortly after.

The challenge has been to be close enough to the #2 car before the long straight to draft and gain enough speed to catch the #1 car.

I enjoy the track and don't think I've ever done so many quick laps without being in the Red Bull car.

Hey guys, this is my first ever post. I get on here often for tips and strategy so I figured I might as well make an account and see if I can pay it forward and help someone else out, probably not lol but who knows. Glad to be part of the gtplanet community!

I have only run this event a few times but it is very challenging. I used the #17 (my favorite driver growing up was Darrell Waltrip) HSV-010 and used the coryclifford tune, the best I have managed so far is 5th but i'm sure i'm not quite as good as many of the drivers on this forum. The fact that I don't have a plethora of experience on Nürburgring doesn't much aid me in my attempts, but I will continue to try shaving off the seconds. Hopefully I can Gold it before the event ends!

Have a great day everyone.

Hey guys, this is my first ever post. I get on here often for tips and strategy so I figured I might as well make an account and see if I can pay it forward and help someone else out, probably not lol but who knows. Glad to be part of the gtplanet community!

I have only run this event a few times but it is very challenging. I used the #17 (my favorite driver growing up was Darrell Waltrip) HSV-010 and used the coryclifford tune, the best I have managed so far is 5th but i'm sure i'm not quite as good as many of the drivers on this forum. The fact that I don't have a plethora of experience on Nürburgring doesn't much aid me in my attempts, but I will continue to try shaving off the seconds. Hopefully I can Gold it before the event ends!

Keep trying, I'm sure you can get it! Take every time you try as a practice run!

wellcome to the community
keep trying and learn thetrack more and more. In the end you'll be wondering how fast just have become on some of those sections.
watch those video of complete races carefully and you'll find a lot of hint and ways to dramatically improve your time. Thats what i did and it helped a lot.

For example if see "them" taking the first downhill rigt turn with about 220kph you stop thinking your own 190kph is allready fast enough ... ;)

good luck with the grass ...

as promised here is what i did and it worked for a 6:31 even though i had two terrifying excursions to the green.

the setup feels a bit like the car is moving more then with my other setup but in fact its a lot quicker then the first setup i did. And i think if anyone who realy knows and can handle the ring would be a lot more faster with it.

The car: ENEOS SC430 '08 (Lexus GT500)

600 PP
456 kW
1,100 kg
627 torque

suspension:
90 - 90
15.00 - 15.35
3 - 3
6 - 7
6 - 7
0.0 - 0.0
0.20 - 0.35

brakes:
6 - 4

gearbox:
topspeed 330 kph (autosetup)

LSD:
8i

power:
limiter 99.4%
engine stage 3

DF
325 - 500

AS - strong (i tryed weak and off but then i slide more)
TC - 1
ASM - off
ABS - 1
SRF - on

I do another couple of rounds to see if its adjustable anyhow. But this allready worked great for me.

Anyone is wellcome to have a try
Hot and spicy! lol Great tune. Won twice out of 4 tries. 7.02 time. Doesnt scream like the Raybrig so I thought I was going slower but same times pretty much. A little easier to get control of too if you hit the grass. No tc though

Hot and spicy! lol Great tune. Won twice out of 4 tries. 7.02 time. Doesnt scream like the Raybrig so I thought I was going slower but same times pretty much. A little easier to get control of too if you hit the grass. No tc though
Thanks for testing and for the feedback. I didnt try TC off at all ... maybe its an improvement to me too.
easier to get control was the key for me.

Gave your set a go @Nihamavasa72
20160127_173638.jpg

Only Abs1 . good overall, only too unstable in slow corners

Maybe lower the rear Dampers to get more stability (2 3 / 5 2)

Last edited:
Gave your set a go @Nihamavasa72
View attachment 507774
Only Abs1 . good overall, only too unstable in slow corners

Maybe lower the rear Dampers to get more stability (2 3 / 5 2)
Thanks a lot. and even a better time than me ... surprise surprise ;)

what do you mean exactly ? I noticed its a bit bumping going in and out in slow corners.
front 2 comp - 5 sus
rear 3 comp - 2 sus

or
front 2 comp - 3 sus and
rear 5 comp - 2 sus ??

Thanks a lot. and even a better time than me ... surprise surprise ;)

what do you mean exactly ? I noticed its a bit bumping going in and out in slow corners.
front 2 comp - 5 sus
rear 3 comp - 2 sus

or
front 2 comp - 3 sus and
rear 5 comp - 2 sus ??

the second one :) These are in my SC430 and the rest is like your setup

and you think THAT will give me the 15 seconds missing to you ? :D
i'll try out and tell if i still can handle this in the fast sections

No, I drove with your complete setup.

My SC430 and your SC430 setups are almost the same (even ride height, lsd and rear springs harder than front) and the greatest difference are the dampers. I didnt try it, but maybe it helps to get more stability without using SRF and TC

No, I drove with your complete setup.

My SC430 and your SC430 setups are almost the same (even ride height, lsd and rear springs harder than front) and the greatest difference are the dampers. I didnt try it, but maybe it helps to get more stability without using SRF and TC
Don't get me wrong ... no matter what i do i never get 6.20 laptime like you did. Except i start flying around the track :D
But your right maybe its an improvement for me anyway. anyway there is some room for getting better.
Thanks again for your feedback

the second one :) These are in my SC430 and the rest is like your setup
oh man your terrifying right. My first time under 6.30 , a 6.29.9 :D
has more grip and you can definitively cut the curbs much better without jumping around ;)

It feels a bit like the hatch is coming around a bit more slightly oversteering when i break into fast corners too hard ...
thats for sure due to the mostly not perfect line i take (i often turn in to directly to the apex overbreaking it there)

i think i can figure out something enbetween to have the perfect setup for me.
Maybe a bit less compression on the rear and a bit extension to the Dumpers. Or at least even i increase the rear toe a little bit.

nevertheless it stills feels great to drive it

oh man your terrifying right. My first time under 6.30 , a 6.29.9 :D
has more grip and you can definitively cut the curbs much better without jumping around ;)

It feels a bit like the hatch is coming around a bit more slightly oversteering when i break into fast corners too hard ...
thats for sure due to the mostly not perfect line i take (i often turn in to directly to the apex overbreaking it there)

i think i can figure out something enbetween to have the perfect setup for me.
Maybe a bit less compression on the rear and a bit extension to the Dumpers. Or at least even i increase the rear toe a little bit.

nevertheless it stills feels great to drive it

👍 Milestone cleared. Keep pushing!

WAHOOO !! thats it.
This changes makes it perfectly allright for me... did a realy smooth good lap with it and even allready saw #2 in the first carousel (never did before)
in the last part of the lap i was a bit angeous to mess it up but at least it was a 6.29.0
fastes lap for me so far.

as mentioned i only adjusted the rear dumpers to 4 compression and 5 extension and that gave me a lot more control on the inline of each corner. Never ran off the track in this lap ...

very excited ... :D

big thanks again for your support

[EDIT: i think i will update my setup post with the new values now]

wellcome to the community
keep trying and learn thetrack more and more. In the end you'll be wondering how fast just have become on some of those sections.
watch those video of complete races carefully and you'll find a lot of hint and ways to dramatically improve your time. Thats what i did and it helped a lot.

For example if see "them" taking the first downhill rigt turn with about 220kph you stop thinking your own 190kph is allready fast enough ... ;)

good luck with the grass ...
Lol right, i just gotta get some bigger nads goin in some of those turns. On a 13 mile track 10-20 mph slower in each turn can be worth 20-30 seconds at the end.

I have tried every GT500 car that I own. (GT-R, NSX, HSV-010, Supra, SC430, etc.) I can only manage a 3rd place finish. I think that someone posted a setup for the HSV that was a banger. I can't find it. Have to read through the thread again I guess.

I have tried every GT500 car that I own. (GT-R, NSX, HSV-010, Supra, SC430, etc.) I can only manage a 3rd place finish. I think that someone posted a setup for the HSV that was a banger. I can't find it. Have to read through the thread again I guess.
do you know where your are loosing time ?
Did you fly off ? or cant push on the outline ? or at least the AI that makes it hard to overtake ?

Someone told about the "Ring" : "the most important corner is the last towards any straight. All others are not" :) something like this, or more like that what i made of it but still a key for this track anyway :)

Back