199 mph
4.025 Final

591 HP
1,155 kg
46/54
552 ft-lb
1.95 kg/HP

Not a big fan but drives okay.

This is GREAT set up!!! I've just lowered rear wing to 450, to reduce drag on straights!

I tried it again with the HSV and could only muster a 3rd and a 6th. THen I tried with the Supra. I was surprised that the Supra didn't lose as much control when putting a tire on the grass as the other cars. I've touched the grass and put into a spin in some areas (seemingly) and yet I was driving in the grass at speed in the Supra. I didn't place any better than 3rd though.

Anyone else notice some cars handle the single side off in the grass better than other cars?

Not touching the grass may be the key here ... ;)
ok sometimes you cannot avoid, especially while overtaking some weaving AIs.

with an adequate setup my HSV or even my Lexus SC430 handles well on the grass. For sure not in the outside of highspeed corners. But a little shortcutting is no problem

Today is the day and I have finally come first. I have come 2nd 32 times and run this race well over 50 times. My final times have been between 7:11 and 7:18 no matter how many times I hit the grass or rear ended someone who wouldn't move so fairly consistent. I won today with a final time of 7:08 the difference being I was close enough to the lead car to slipstream, admittedly I did push him off the track on the very last corner on purpose to win. Now I can relax when I play and I'm sure I'll get quicker. Weider HSV with mixture of several tunes was always slightly quicker than any other HSV for me.

Hi guys,

HSV have now adjusted really the perfect way in terms of settings.
Up the hill, 295 kmh and a short time, even above 300 kmh time down the hill.
But still the second place.
The only difference is, the negative camber; 1.5 on the front site and 3.5 on the rear site.
I'll keep trying.

Regards, Rico

Hi guys,

HSV have now adjusted really the perfect way in terms of settings.
Up the hill, 295 kmh and a short time, even above 300 kmh time down the hill.
But still the second place.
The only difference is, the negative camber; 1.5 on the front site and 3.5 on the rear site.
I'll keep trying.

Regards, Rico

Keep the camber on 0 at the front and rear. Camber is broken in GT6 and having it only reduces the grip :)

Thanks for your comment, but I do not quite understand what you mean by 'camber is broken at GT 6. "
If you buy the HSV, the camber settings are already on 1.5 and 3.5.

Thanks for your comment, but I do not quite understand what you mean by 'camber is broken at GT 6. "
If you buy the HSV, the camber settings are already on 1.5 and 3.5.

What he means is that the camber settings do not work properly in GT6... it is best just to adjust them to 0.00 and 0.00 for front and back and forget about it after that.

Cheers

Keep the camber on 0 at the front and rear. Camber is broken in GT6 and having it only reduces the grip :)
and what a pitty this is.
but your totally right. I forgett this all the time.

The one thing you cann do with this ist produce a bit understeering if the car handles to twitchy (is this the right word for it ? ) . adjust little camber for the front and it doesnt turn in that immediately

I just drove on the front and back site on 0.
I did not notice much difference.
But the car wasn't any faster; again second.

32 times I came 2nd, slowly changing and tweeking the different settings. I raised the suspension to 70 - 65 so you can ride the kerbs better, this made the biggest difference. Unless you are behind the lead car on the long straight so you can slipstream him you'll not win.

Try this:

HSV tune

Added body rigidity and do oil change.

Suspension
62/62
12.13/12.13
2/2
2/2
3/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5

LSD 10/11/20

Engine Stage 3 and at 96.8%

Downforce 320 and 550

Transmission reset to default
149 mph
3.100 final gear

592 hp
351 ft-lb
1.85 kg/hp

Hey Kossie/coryclifford
Used ASM SRF and ABS 1...
Plus a few cars for cornering but made 7:04.
Finally made it...thanks for the tune.

Hey Kossie/coryclifford
Used ASM SRF and ABS 1...
Plus a few cars for cornering but made 7:04.
Finally made it...thanks for the tune.
Not thanks me! It was clifford's tune :cheers::tup:embarrassed:

Last edited:
Will say it again. Y'all on steroids, red bull or some kind of uppers.
Damn you all but well done.

No steroids or red bull for me. I am on 1% milk, before or after the races, especially those on Nurburgring. You should give it a try.

Nurburgring is the devil. Not a favourite track of mine. Too narrow and too much grass.

You just have to keep at it! It's called the Green Hell for a reason... And turn SRF on, it'll help you keep traction when the AI rabbits push you into the grass. The more laps you complete the easier it'll get. Maybe even try running it in single player TT mode in a lesser PP car to learn the track. As always Good Luck! :cheers:

I despise this track (partially from GT5 jamming it down my throat so much)... Using the posted coryclifford tune on the HSV I've mustered up a 3rd so far a little over 6 seconds behind.

I'm frustrated so I have to stop, try again tomorrow.

Yesterday i again took out my SC430 for another try. This should nominal be faster then the others i tryed. More Power same weight. So its all about handling and driveability.

Therefore i did the whole setupthing new fom the scratch.
reduce rideheight a bit, reduced compression and increased extension, set the rollbars higher and things like this.

in the end i had a realy fast setup to fly around the track. Even with two nearly twist outs i did a 6:36. For me its a realy good time.

I do a little further finetuning and then i post this setup in here to let you improve it a little if you like.

@MidnightRun85 , I drove some ghosts on the Ring for you with exact setting from this event. Maybe you can load them on a freeride around the Ring.
Thery are about 6.36 -6.40 with both cars the HSV and the Lexus. May this help you for the event.

good luck

Hi guys,

Eventually with the HSV the first place; time 6.34 .
Persevere and over again to try again, and it pays off.
I think this race I do have ridden over 200 times and with different cars.
But the best was after all the HSV.

Fair to say that Cory set me on the right place.
However I changed the settings a little bit more.

Thank you all for your help and special yhanks to Cory.

I used the following settings:

Suspension
70/70
16.50/18.00
5/7
5/5
3/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 6/5

LSD 10/20/20

HBP 601
No turbo

Downforce 280 and 525

149 mph
3.000 final gear

601 hp

Transmission:
1- 5.270
2- 3.720
3- 2.750
4- 2.135
5- 1.745
6- 1.480

ASM: on
Traction 1
ABS 1

As I said, up hill 295 kmh and down hill a little over 300 kmh.
In the slipstream of the Nissan 322 kmh.

Regards from Rico

This isn't entirely true. What happens is that acceleration, braking and top speed are severely hampered, and completely negates - and makes laptimes slower - any benefits in the corners. Yes, use 0 camber, but IIRC the consensus was that it is the tyremodeling (no sidewall flex) that is broken, not camber.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Eventually with the HSV the first place; time 6.34 .
Persevere and over again to try again, and it pays off.
I think this race I do have ridden over 200 times and with different cars.
But the best was after all the HSV.

Fair to say that Cory set me on the right place.
However I changed the settings a little bit more.

Thank you all for your help and special yhanks to Cory.

I used the following settings:

Suspension
70/70
16.50/18.00
5/7
5/5
3/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 6/5

LSD 10/20/20

HBP 601
No turbo

Downforce 280 and 525

149 mph
3.000 final gear

601 hp

Transmission:
1- 5.270
2- 3.720
3- 2.750
4- 2.135
5- 1.745
6- 1.480

ASM: on
Traction 1
ABS 1

As I said, up hill 295 kmh and down hill a little over 300 kmh.
In the slipstream of the Nissan 322 kmh.

Regards from Rico
Finally you made it. Congratulation

So I guess you don't want to hear I've passed the leader before the (first) carousel then? :D

3rd coming off first carousel, won with +6 sec. Once you had done it and pressure is off drive much quicker and little less cautious. I can't get close though with the setup for the basic HSV everyone is using. Will persevere until I'm 1st at the first carousel.

Latest Posts

Back