A-spec Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mount Panorama

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 286 comments
The minivan she showed maxes out at 482pp, and the Suzuki at 505 or less, the Scirocco at 500 is probably cake for her.

Yup exactly...Thought the exact same thing myself...That is called "circumstantial evidence" and is more than fine for me...:bowdown: Anyway I was just asking for a non-existing vid from mr joeledward

Yup exactly...Thought the exact same thing myself...That is called "circumstantial evidence" and is more than fine for me...:bowdown: Anyway I was just asking for a non-existing vid from mr joeledward

Actually it exists, he PMed me a couple of days ago asking me to video capture it. :lol:
Couldn't do it because of time constraints (takes a bit of time to render 5L RPL after capture.)

Screen.jpg

Last edited:
You mean my video of my win in a 500pp scirocco, ? I will re post it just for you. I deleted it because of the embarrassingly poor quality capture ( mobile phone ) and the belief that it was no longer necessary as it was posted for all to see for a number of days. :indiff: I thought we were over all this already. :yuck: It wasn't about my win . I posted it to prove a point as I am a lesser driver than whoosier. 👍 A lesson should have been learned here. I will put it up again tonight. A better quality one. :lol:
:cheers:

Edit - Mr. light driver are we to assume that you are unable to do this ? If you haven't already give it a go it is great fun. :)

Last edited:
You mean my video of my win in a 500pp scirocco, ? I will re post it just for you. I deleted it because of the embarrassingly poor quality capture ( mobile phone ) and the belief that it was no longer necessary as it was posted for all to see for a number of days. :indiff: I thought we were over all this already. :yuck: It wasn't about my win . I posted it to prove a point as I am a lesser driver than whoosier. 👍 A lesson should have been learned here. I will put it up again tonight. A better quality one. :lol:

LOL...Discussions go on forever...Yep lesson to be learned :lol: I haven`t been online here for months, signed in today to see whats up, and stombled over this Scirocco issue. And got curious. Yes of course I mean Your 500pp Scirocco win...Post it again man... I will watch it tomorrow...Signing out now and go to bed...

LOL...Discussions go on forever...Yep lesson to be learned :lol: I haven`t been online here for months, signed in today to see whats up, and stombled over this Scirocco issue. And got curious. Yes of course I mean Your 500pp Scirocco win...Post it again man... I will watch it tomorrow...Signing out now and go to bed...
:lol::lol: Nah not really gonna re post :lol: Can't be bothered , nothing to gain 👍 And @WhoosierGirl replay is much better. :)

Moving on ... way too many fun cars still to try out :)

Last edited:
Tried Civic R '08 and won, too. I need 515pp, though. And I was lucky not to have too excited AIs. Fight back was mild from this one after I took the lead, so I secured my position in the first attempt.

I feel its cornering capability is similar to Scirocco. And it's low torque and high rev engine is a plus in the uphill and twisty bit, easier to control and less wheel spin.

Then I tried S2000 with 522pp. It'd be too slow for me if lower than this. With stock gear box, it maxes out (hits the limiter in 6th) at 285kps or so in the end of straight. Similar lap time as Civic R, but it has a tail that's a little bit too lively. I made some mistakes and got a 2nd place.

After a quick tune to soften the rear, I tried again immediately. I did better lap time and more consistent, but not enough in the group. AIs, especially the top two, caught up again so effortlessly. And this time 2 of them pinched me before the Chase, I was push out into the sand in lap 5.

It just happened again. It's typical when I'm in cars under 550pp. I thought to myself, it'd just be getting harder and harder like I've been in CTR. The close win would be harder and harder to get. So I gave up. Don't want to torture myself.

Then I jumped in 600pp SLR. Not as good as my favorite BMW M5 overall, but more than good enough for this. Very fast acceleration and top speed (320kph). Excellent brake, too. Not agile and enjoying but fully manageable cornering. Took the lead in lap 3, and the Huayra bit at my tail. I got more than enough firepower (horsepower) this time, so it's safe. We kept the positions to the end.

And it's obvious the 2nd Huayra was assigned to attack the rabbit - me. We two pulled a big gap from the 3rd. My total time is 11:19. It's +2.9 for the 2nd Huayra, and +14 for the 3rd Mcleran F1.

The last but not least, 600pp Veyron. It seems many people hate this car, I'm OK myself. This car gives bad response to the tune, so I keep the stock suspension. It's so stubborn in cornering, refusing rotation, so it has to be handled by slow in fast out strictly. Compensated by very fast acceleration and straight line speed, it got the lead in Lap 3, too.

It's slightly slower than SLR, won by less than a sec, and again, with the 3rd in +14 sec away.

The rubberbanding is indeed strong in this one...having won in the X-Bow with a best lap of 2:15 or thereabouts, I tried a stock 12C and still only won by a few seconds despite consistently running 2:05-2:06 laps. Hmmm.

Yes, very strong. Steel spring-like in fact. The lead Cerbera in my last race had a fastest lap of 2:25:xx over the first two laps. I passed it in the third and it ran a 2:21:xx for that lap. Nothing out of the ordinary so far. For the fourth and fifth laps, as it chased me in my Ford GT'06, it managed both laps in 2:05:xx. Hmmm.

Cruising along,
comfortably leading race,
no need for lap records, just bring car home(vettel has little respect for his crew),
then some hotshot in lesser vehicle appears from back of pack to take lead...

What do I do?
Continue at my current pace and let hotshot take off with win?
Perhaps increase my pace, try to win race and teach this hotshot a lesson?
Anybody here ever had a suicide dive into last corner just to try to take win themselves?
Hmmm, yes, highly unrealistic situations going on here with AI.

Anybody crying about lap times, seriously, go study some real data sometime, you might be shocked

Anybody crying about lap times, seriously, go study some real data sometime, you might be shocked

I don't see anyone "crying," but then you didn't specify who you were referring to, did you?

I can be just as clever though. Watch this:

"Anybody crying about hotshots, seriously, go study some real data sometime, you might be shocked"

Did that impress you? Is that how it works around here? -The most ill-directed, underhand and intellectually dishonest comment wins?

The discussion was about whether rubber-banding exists in this event, and how bad it is. It's relevant to myriad other, ongoing discussions within this thread, including being able to complete this event in 500pp cars. Seeing you suggested a need to study "real data" though, let's hear about it.

What real data are you referring to? Is the subject of that data going to involve races of this length, or is it going to include those races that involve mechanical issues and pitstops, creating a variation which is not compatible with this race in the slightest?

For that matter, are you going to present data suggesting that it's commonplace for individual drivers, in five lap races, to increase their lap times by 20% when they are in traffic or jockeying for the lead? If so, I'd like to see the real data that you have studied and I have not. Come on then, "shock" me.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone "crying," but then you didn't specify who you were referring to, did you?

I can be just as clever though. Watch this:

"Anybody crying about hotshots, seriously, go study some real data sometime, you might be shocked"

Did that impress you? Is that how it works around here? -The most ill-directed, underhand and intellectually dishonest comment wins?

Sorry mate, can't quite follow you here.
If you're driving at my use of the word 'crying', yes, that was intentional, well spotted.
Nearly every page someone banging on about lap times/banding/whatever, irrelevant here, it is a race.
These guys will race as hard as you want them to, bearing in mind we are still talking about driving simulator on home game console here for few hundred dollars.

I gather you are offended by my use of the word 'hotshots'?
If so, that wasn't intentional, just describing the vehicle coming from last place
slicing thru the field, sorry for any misunderstanding.

The discussion was about whether rubber-banding exists in this event, and how bad it is. It's relevant to myriad other, ongoing discussions within this thread, including being able to complete this event in 500pp cars. Seeing you suggested a need to study "real data" though, let's hear about it.

What real data are you referring to? Is the subject of that data going to involve races of this length, or is it going to include those races that involve mechanical issues and pitstops, creating a variation which is not compatible with this race in the slightest?

For that matter, are you going to present data suggesting that it's commonplace for individual drivers, in five lap races, to increase their lap times by 20% when they are in traffic or jockeying for the lead? If so, I'd like to see the real data that you have studied and I have not. Come on then, "shock" me.

I wouldn't know where to begin, my head just got overwhelmed with memories.
Just select any 10 or so events from the history of motorsport and see if you can see a pattern in the lap times people are driving and for what reasons.

So you are telling me that I should disregard any mechanical issues during this race, and,
you now that as a fact?

Easy win with McLaren MP4-12c '10.
Overshot at Griffins in the second lap. In the replay I noticed 2 AI driving right through my car :rolleyes:
Probably not new, but this is the first time I noticed it...

The Cerbera Speed tried to hit me a few times, but as I went out of his way, he missed me (and the corners) :D

Sorry mate, can't quite follow you here.
If you're driving at my use of the word 'crying', yes, that was intentional, well spotted.
Nearly every page someone banging on about lap times/banding/whatever, irrelevant here, it is a race.
These guys will race as hard as you want them to, bearing in mind we are still talking about driving simulator on home game console here for few hundred dollars.

I gather you are offended by my use of the word 'hotshots'?
If so, that wasn't intentional, just describing the vehicle coming from last place
slicing thru the field, sorry for any misunderstanding.

I wouldn't know where to begin, my head just got overwhelmed with memories.
Just select any 10 or so events from the history of motorsport and see if you can see a pattern in the lap times people are driving and for what reasons.

So you are telling me that I should disregard any mechanical issues during this race, and,
you now that as a fact?

Huh. Awesome. It's almost as though you never even wrote the words:

Huh. Awesome. It's almost as though you never even wrote the words:
Sorry, I understand even less of that.
Which part/s of that statement are you having difficulty with?

Is it the crying over AI lap times being "weird" or whatever?
I admitted to carrying the tone of the people making those statements continually, uselessly repeated over and over, like it's some new finding or something.
You're right, carrying on like others just removed the spotlight off points I was trying to make.
Maybe multiple lessons here...

Is it the part about "go study some real data"?
I addresssed that and told you where to find the data, any motorsport events of your liking.

Sorry, I have no response when I don't know the question.

You seem to have overlooked my question,
"So you are telling me that I should disregard any mechanical issues during this race, and,
you now that as a fact?"

Yes, very strong. Steel spring-like in fact. The lead Cerbera in my last race had a fastest lap of 2:25:xx over the first two laps. I passed it in the third and it ran a 2:21:xx for that lap. Nothing out of the ordinary so far. For the fourth and fifth laps, as it chased me in my Ford GT'06, it managed both laps in 2:05:xx. Hmmm.
I got beaten to second place by the Japanese dude in the Enzo. He was lapping at 2:25 before I passed him. He trail brake on the sharp left before the armoall an pass me without overshooting for a best lap of 2:15. That's what I call improvement.

:lol::lol: Nah not really gonna re post :lol: Can't be bothered , nothing to gain 👍 And @WhoosierGirl replay is much better. :)

Moving on ... way too many fun cars still to try out :)

Thats fine...No need to anymore...Yesterday is sooo long ago...Today I found that Scirocco in my garage, gave it Whoosiergirls setting (except for the gear ratio, which I just adjusted randomly) and won myself with 500pp... OK I admit I used SRF, which I normally never do, but that Scirocco suffers from bad, bad driveability (or what it`s called) only 5. place without SRF....Gave it up, turned SRF ON and won in 2. attempt....That was surprisingly easy...

Wonder what Kaz and co were thinking when they came up with this stupid game...GT5 was 100 times better. Cars handled wonderfully, and every now and then they came up with some real challenging seasonal races. Think we all remember that Lamborghini Executive with respect...

And now THIS...How can they call it an expert level race? When people can win over a Huyra with a Honda minivan???

OK GT6 is about so far from reality as it possible can be...And the driving physics awfull.... But thats off topic here so...

Will find some other good and driveable cars and do some more wins.... After all Bathurst is a funny track to drive....And this particular race is kind of funny...

See ya friends....:cheers:

Thats fine...No need to anymore...Yesterday is sooo long ago...Today I found that Scirocco in my garage, gave it Whoosiergirls setting (except for the gear ratio, which I just adjusted randomly) and won myself with 500pp... OK I admit I used SRF, which I normally never do, but that Scirocco suffers from bad, bad driveability (or what it`s called) only 5. place without SRF....Gave it up, turned SRF ON and won in 2. attempt....That was surprisingly easy...

Wonder what Kaz and co were thinking when they came up with this stupid game...GT5 was 100 times better. Cars handled wonderfully, and every now and then they came up with some real challenging seasonal races. Think we all remember that Lamborghini Executive with respect...

And now THIS...How can they call it an expert level race? When people can win over a Huyra with a Honda minivan???

OK GT6 is about so far from reality as it possible can be...And the driving physics awfull.... But thats off topic here so...

Will find some other good and driveable cars and do some more wins.... After all Bathurst is a funny track to drive....And this particular race is kind of funny...

See ya friends....:cheers:
Truth, the Lamborghini races was one of the best ever!!

Sorry, I understand even less of that.
Which part/s of that statement are you having difficulty with?

Is it the crying over AI lap times being "weird" or whatever?
I admitted to carrying the tone of the people making those statements continually, uselessly repeated over and over, like it's some new finding or something.
You're right, carrying on like others just removed the spotlight off points I was trying to make.
Maybe multiple lessons here...

Is it the part about "go study some real data"?
I addresssed that and told you where to find the data, any motorsport events of your liking.

Sorry, I have no response when I don't know the question.

You seem to have overlooked my question,

"So you are telling me that I should disregard any mechanical issues during this race, and,
you now that as a fact?"

It wasn't a question so much as I was asking you to support your claim. You did say I should go study the raw data, and so I'd expect--as a minimum--that you would be able to present that raw data in support of your claim.

As for the question you've asked, it's difficult to answer literally. Your question was:

you now that as a fact?"

Now, it's impossible to answer this question as it is because it is asking me whether your obligation to disregard mechanical issues is a fact or not. How do I know what obligations you are or aren't living under, and whether they are factual, tangible, or otherwise? -If I answer it in the way I imagine the question to be intended though, my answer would be:

There are no mechanical issues in this race. Therefore, why would you want to compare race data from a race that has mechanical issues with this one--that hasn't? For that matter, would it make it easier for you to provide the "raw data" if I said that you could include mechanical issues also? Are you going to present as "raw data" a race where the majority of the drivers increase their pace by 20% as the race continues?

I'd say, do your best to enjoy it.

I've long given up pursuing low pp challenge myself. Looking hot-shots giving amazing results is interesting, I enjoy seeing those, but I realize it's not for me, I've learned it the hard way.

So I turn to find interesting cars for myself, explore my own possibilities and enjoy it.

Say, the strong rubber band (and such a moving goal) is a known fact, so there'd be much more possibilities, which is a good thing.

I'm not 100% sure but it's quite clear for me - AI might be designed to give me a hard time if I try running repeatedly in the same car and in the same line-up. I've enountered such situation too many times and got tired.

So if I can't win in the first attempt, I just switch to another car. Hard work practicing is not for this event.

Maybe this is the real goal of PD. ;)

I'd say, do your best to enjoy it.

I've long given up pursuing low pp challenge myself. Looking hot-shots giving amazing results is interesting, I enjoy seeing those, but I realize it's not for me, I've learned it the hard way.

So I turn to find interesting cars for myself, explore my own possibilities and enjoy it.

Say, the strong rubber band (and such a moving goal) is a known fact, so there'd be much more possibilities, which is a good thing.

I'm not 100% sure but it's quite clear for me - AI might be designed to give me a hard time if I try running repeatedly in the same car and in the same line-up. I've enountered such situation too many times and got tired.

So if I can't win in the first attempt, I just switch to another car. Hard work practicing is not for this event.

Maybe this is the real goal of PD. ;)
I can not understand anything you are saying.

Back