A-spec Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mount Panorama

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 286 comments
LoL, isn't it funny? :lol: I suppose it's almost impossible to be an effective representative for other people when the issue is 'understanding or not'.

Oh well, English is not my native language, but I think my writing is at least readable.

And, I've learned that if people actually don't understand, the question would be more specific. If it's in general, then mostly it's not concerned.

Anyway, fine with me.

LoL, isn't it funny? :lol: I suppose it's almost impossible to be an effective representative for other people when the issue is 'understanding or not'.

Oh well, English is not my native language, but I think my writing is at least readable.

And, I've learned that if people actually don't understand, the question would be more specific. If it's in general, then mostly it's not concerned.

Anyway, fine with me.

Your English is fine.

Teflonicus, we just going in circles, don't take it personally, you just happened to be 1001th post I had to endure(your post not even being a fraction as bad as rest, to your credit)...

Anyway, fine with me.

I understand everything of what you are saying just fine.
So I would suggest that perhaps it is not you that is the problem here...

Interesting point about the use of a single car repeatedly to try to win the one race.
I was thinking same myself, but first was trying to establish the damage model for seasonal events to see whether perhaps damage &/or deterioration were accumulating on my vehicle as well.
Hard to come to conclusions for myself with such subtle effects.

For those of you getting rammed...

Conrod straight, when they come down behind you before the Chase...
...just pull over, let 'em by, suck the draft, then nail them going up S turn.

If I am in lower PP car, I almost always draft up the straights instead of leading...
...usually can make better time that way, & AI can be out-braked most of the time.
After watching the Fabre Camaro @ Bathurst video I posted earlier here...
...got the itch to buy a '69 Camaro (love that sound) & use H-shifter & clutch. :dopey:

Here are two passes (L1 & L2) going up The Chase after drafting down Conrod straight.
Did heel/toe downshifting coming out of Chase Tunnel, (paddles or AT is much easier).

Both pass RPLs start coming out of The Dipper, notice I don't blow by them on Forrest Elbow...
...tempting, but risk is dodging AI ram missiles later. I do same going into Griffins/Quarry bend.

Draft speed behind Aston on Conrod hits 179Mph/300Km, Camaro not very aerodynamic...
...so Aston plowing air helps top speed. Hope this helps those of you getting rammed. :)

Tough crowd here that seems to be bent on proof, so here is the pudding. :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------
Camaro @ 540PP (+ parts & weight reduction, no tuning, B/B & FG adjust)
900º wheel/no wheel or driving aids/H-shifter & clutch/0 ABS.

Last edited:
After watching the Fabre Camaro @ Bathurst video I posted earlier here...
...got the itch to buy a '69 Camaro (love that sound) & use H-shifter & clutch. :dopey:

Here are two passes (L1 & L2) going up The Chase after drafting down Conrod straight.
Did heel/toe downshifting coming out of Chase Tunnel, (paddles or AT is much easier).

Both pass RPLs start coming out of The Dipper, notice I don't blow by them on Forrest Elbow...
...tempting, but risk is dodging AI ram missiles later. I do same going into Griffins/Quarry bend.

Draft speed behind Aston on Conrod hits 179MPH, & Camaro is not very aerodynamic...
...Aston plowing air helps top speed. Hope this helps those of you getting rammed. :)

---------------------------------------------------------
Camaro @ 540PP (+ parts & weight reduction, no tuning, B/B & FG adjust)
900º wheel/no wheel or driving aids/H-shifter & clutch/0 ABS.

I need no proof from anybody just loving all that I learn from everybody on this forum!! There is no need for proof as "we all have to live with what we say and do". "If we make up stories about racing we are only fooling ourselves at the end of the day!!!

LOL, its meant in jest :sly: (bit of sarcasm thrown in too)... :lol:
...anyway hope it helps those getting rammed. :)

I actually remember watching Camaros at Bathurst. Racing with the gtho falcons and, I think, the slr5000 toranas, or maybe the xu1. Man the noise on conrod was unbelievable. No chicane then, just straight down to hells corner.

hmmm.... by other experiences in life, I can sense that 'not understand' usually means 'not agree'.

That's fine. :)
You may certainly believe whatever you would like to believe. You state in another post that English is not your first language and perhaps that is why I had a hard time understanding your post. Your arrogance, however, is quite easy to understand. Bravo!

like 1966.. Before the Chase was put in
won by a mini.. I reckon less than 250PP

luv the marshalls just standing at the dipper as if nothing could possibly go wrong.

That track would be excellent, anything pre concrete really.
Why isn't there cooper s in game?

Man, whole grid of muscle cars and minis for october weekend please PD.
And the track, don't forget the track.

You may certainly believe whatever you would like to believe. You state in another post that English is not your first language and perhaps that is why I had a hard time understanding your post. Your arrogance, however, is quite easy to understand. Bravo!

wow, like bizarro world or something
I thought LS Chiou was actually being very polite, and doing a lot better than me at it.

Think your spending too much time reading between the lines, trying reading on the lines for a change, see if you can come up with something different.

Now I really don't understand, and don't agree.

Even then, so be it, I'm fine.

Thanks for the bravo.

And after the race they just drove home in the same cars :lol::lol::lol: was it called the Hardy Ferodo 500 back then ?
I started racing in 1967 and yes we would drive to the track in our race car and back home if it was still in one piece...LOL. Thank you for posting. Lot's of good memories here.

Track was also shorter then, Conrod Straight did not have the "Chase" section to slow you down until 1987,
Forest Elbow to Murrays Corner, flat to the floor.. then try and stop!

Map+of+Mt.Panorama+circuit,+Bathurst,+NSW,+1949.1.jpg

I had no choice as they pick up speed one’s you’re in first place and on several occasions before I finally won they would take me out on the last corner before the checkered flag. I also got a 5 second penalty for ramming along the way but the AI cars can rear-end you all they want with impunity…LOL. Thank you!!

I had no choice as they pick up speed one’s you’re in first place and on several occasions before I finally won they would take me out on the last corner before the checkered flag. I also got a 5 second penalty for ramming along the way but the AI cars can rear-end you all they want with impunity…LOL. Thank you!!

I enjoyed the vid.. Couldn't help noticing you using left-foot braking, and you did it quite well.. I know that the AI tends to creep up on you once you're in the lead. And don't even get me started on the AI's immunity when it comes to penalties.. *sigh*

I enjoyed the vid.. Couldn't help noticing you using left-foot braking, and you did it quite well.. I know that the AI tends to creep up on you once you're in the lead. And don't even get me started on the AI's immunity when it comes to penalties.. *sigh*
I am very impressed that you notice the left foot braking!! Looks like you have had some track time. The left foot braking was a life saver in the SCCA and a must to win any race in any series. AI's immunity is a joke but it does make for some interesting racing.

Never
I am very impressed that you notice the left foot braking!! Looks like you have had some track time. The left foot braking was a life saver in the SCCA and a must to win any race in any series. AI's immunity is a joke but it does make for some interesting racing.
Well I didn't notice the left foot braking but I did notice that you hardly leave the throttle ;)and i was going to ask if that technique was only for the sim or if it was also used IRL. I guess i need to experiment

Never
Well I didn't notice the left foot braking but I did notice that you hardly leave the throttle ;)and i was going to ask if that technique was only for the sim or if it was also used IRL. I guess i need to experiment

Back