A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: Just did it with a Dodge Ram 1500 Pick Up Truck :odd: :sly: Fun stuff, :D They couldn't bump me cause I'm too big :lol: :mischievous: :cheers:

I had a run in a RAM too, I'm using @krenkme's Clueless tune. Great fun, with some drifting through the corners to keep pointed in the right direction.

Sadly I failed to win behind the GT '05 due to two ramming penalties and an off. The AI just go so slow through the chicanes and it ain't so easy to haul in the beast when they almost stop :banghead:. I will be back to terrorise them though :mischievous:.

Mini Cooper power! Good thing I had the slowest AI field of all the races I've run in this seasonal, otherwise my maxed-out, 509 PP, Mini Cooper most likely would not have won.

Mini Cooper Standings.jpg
Mini Cooper Car.jpg

:lol:

A Golf against the Supercars. What next?

I've been too busy to hit the console lately, but not too busy now and then during the day to drop in and catch up on what you guys are doing and the variety of cars you guys are using are just making me salivate. Can't wait to get a chance for a real sit down at this, just several hours, maybe, of thrashing this race - so many great cars in my garage waiting to stretch their legs.

A tip from the underground world of rabbit hunters - we are hearing that this Calvo guy is fast. Really, huh? :)

Thanks. But I think there is still a lot on the table. Sub 2-minute times are definitely possible with this car, so maybe 10:38 or so, I just have too much fun driving the car, and my driving style has a lot of scrubbing (I don't like to use the brakes).

I see now what you meant. Tried it out, first clean race gave 10:42. Opening lap 2:03, then three laps of 2:01 and for the final lap 2:00.3xx. Definitely a sub 2min car.

Who knew? Even though you can't tell whether you are looking at the front or the rear of it, the Hyundai HCD-6 '01 is pretty amazing for maxing out at only 499 PP!

Snapshot_20150207_010843.jpg
Snapshot_20150207_011330.jpg

Calvo. in the Zonda is damn fast... gives you a run for your money....needed to break 11mins to beat

View attachment 305982

He is. Definitely surfacing as the 'Gold' rabbit in this gang. And when you see Conde's time (Viper GT-S '13 - you'll see he is a 'mid-pacer') as still 'running', and then look here at what he is maxed out on:

Who knew? Even though you can't tell whether you are looking at the front or the rear of it, the Hyundai HCD-6 '01 is pretty amazing for maxing out at only 499 PP!

View attachment 306111View attachment 306110

. . . then we'll see that Calvo also runs in the fastest field.
If we're looking for a challenge it's the field with Calvo in it that will give us some blood-flow. :D
Having said that - we must realise that the fields expand and contract lap times according to the player's status of the moment.

He is. Definitely surfacing as the 'Gold' rabbit in this gang. And when you see Conde's time (Viper GT-S '13 - you'll see he is a 'mid-pacer') as still 'running', and then look here at what he is maxed out on:

. . . then we'll see that Calvo also runs in the fastest field.
If we're looking for a challenge it's the field with Calvo in it that will give us some blood-flow. :D
Having said that - we must realise that the fields expand and contract lap times according to the player's status of the moment.

It seems as though Mr. Calvo cannot navigate through traffic! He may be fast in the open, but he isn't very good in traffic. Look at the picture below. I just passed him on lap three putting him in 5th place! He didn't even end up in second place.

Snapshot_20150207_173924.jpg

Snapshot_20150207_172945.jpg

Good capture. 👍

Maybe only a good study of the replay will tell us why he behaved like that - did he have a problem with another rabbit and drop back?
Or was he trying to give Bowers a chance to compete with you in a similar car? Bowers is not only driving the same car as the 'Player' (you) but is also the other fast rabbit in this clan.

In fact right now we're testing out (at the AI Center) whether it is Bowers or Calvo who is the faster of the two.
If you get either one of them going at their maximum please let us know - much appreciated.

This also relates to the car they are using.

All the AI drivers are not at the same skill level - though some may be.
Think back to the drivers we trained in GT5 - our personal drive-bots all may have had different levels, different temperaments, different skills. I had drivers who would stay extremely hot and never give up on the race, and another driver who stayed cool and never tried too hard.

The cars don't all appear the same across the entire model range - for instance a red One-77 may have different tuning to a silver one.

Take those two factors and blend and we have the particular Driver/Car combo that a given AI has for a particular course.

Calvo and Bowers have the top two cars in this line-up - top-of-the-line iconic supercars. And they seem to be the top two drivers.

If you run the race using the field with both of them included, and drop out of the race to watch, one or the other will win. They actually race each other. We get in the way. :lol:

I'll confuse you even more. Mr. Calvo couldn't even beat a 532 PP, 1985 Mazda! It also seems Mr. Calvo runs off the track when pressured! Actually, it is that spot on the track where the AI cars fishtail back on the track in hopes that they hit you, and the computer gives us the 3-5 second penalty! I didn't realize that we human drivers were supposed to yield to off-track, fishtailing, AI drivers? :banghead:

Snapshot_20150207_184826.jpg
Snapshot_20150207_184103.jpg

I'll confuse you even more. Mr. Calvo couldn't even beat a 532 PP, 1985 Mazda! It also seems Mr. Calvo runs off the track when pressured!

Papp and David did this too - in effect they behave somewhat like real drivers when we come up behind them an exert pressure - they pour on the gas and lose it. It's one way to make the faster AI drivers lose track - literally. :lol:

Actually, it is that spot on the track where the AI cars fishtail back on the track in hopes that they hit you, and the computer gives us the 3-5 second penalty!

Hm. Never looked at it that way - definitely could be a 'game' ploy.

Well I haven't tried any of the cars you guys are driving but I had my first run in with Calvo. My first attempt was a 2nd in the Saleen S7 tuned by @praiano63 and almost 4 sec. behind. I did a retry with the same car, changed the final, 2nd by 1.008 sec. So I went back to the NSX LM Prototype also tuned by @praiano63 and had to go through several times until I saw him again 2nd behind the '09 SLR. I barely managed to beat him after 2 attempts but the margin was 0.074. Sorry for not posting a picture. I wasn't thinking about the camera I was thinking where can I pass him cleanly as for me it seems like he is never really in the driving line of the track. My first attempt I tried to cut inside braking deeper in the turn than ever and got a 5 sec ramming penalty. Thanks but no thanks. I have had enough of Ascari to last me for a while. I did however learn to appreciate this track that I have hated for a long time.

I think I will add the '85 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 to my stable of cars after watching the video that was posted by @Alex Ojideagu It seems to be a remarkable car just like my Datsun 510s were.

Last edited:
You do not need 11mins to beat.

That's right, you don't. Their final time really depends on how fast you are driving. The AI will match it's pace until they reach their own max speed.

WP_20150202_001.jpg

WP_20150209_004.jpg

And, the ZZII IS a sub 2 minutes car. Did 1:59.195 in this one:

WP_20150209_005.jpg

Last edited:
I give up on this one already. 4 races using my 12c , R35 '07 ZII & Zonda C12S, i cant get close to the leader. always around 6 seconds behind.

I have not won this one either, but I'm still having quite a bit of fun testing out various cars at Ascari. My best times so far were in a nurb' LFA. Second place is still a decent amount of credits.

Back