A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
For those that like to race something different, try the Land Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13. It's fast and handles well, even with my crappy setup!

Snapshot_20150202_004026.jpg
Snapshot_20150202_004502.jpg

Remove the bolts from the right side motor mount to change the back spark plug, great times. I had a Spyder with a 4 banger. Girl friends daddy bought her a Mirage, slid in a massaged 327 double hump. It was just a nasty critter from stop light to stop light. Learned to never under estimate girls driving after watching her waxing idiots every Friday night.

Anybody else think this "expert" level challenge is a little too easy? I spent 5 minutes guessing at a setup for a 522 PP Chrysler Crossfire '04 and won on my first try. I know I'm not that good of a driver or one that knows how to "properly" set up a car....

Snapshot_20150202_012309.jpg

Anybody else think this "expert" level challenge is a little too easy? I spent 5 minutes guessing at a setup for a 522 PP Chrysler Crossfire '04 and won on my first try. I know I'm not that good of a driver or one that knows how to "properly" set up a car....
Actually, I don't think it's as easy as the Expert Level A-Spec Races usually are (besides the Nordschleife events). But, I need to expand on my answer. The lead rabbit appears to run much faster than normal, at least to me, compared to many other Expert Level A-Spec Races. Unfortunately, AI positions 2-11, in the beginning, seem to drive like their normal selves. I've been quite sick as of late, but the two times I have run this Expert Level race I didn't take the lead until the long back straight (just after the Brundle kink) on Lap 5 in one race and then I didn't take the lead until the Piff-Paff chicane just after that back straightaway also on Lap 5. Now, I'm not claiming to be some incredible racer, but I usually have the lead much sooner than the last half of the last lap. Again, maybe it's got something to do with how sick I have been. :confused: :boggled: :ill: :yuck:

I think this week's Intermediate Level race is MUCH more difficult than the average Intermediate Level race, but that wasn't your question.

I think this week's Intermediate Level race is MUCH more difficult than the average Intermediate Level race, but that wasn't your question.

I totally agree! For me, it is harder than this week's expert level challenge, partly because I don't have the large variety of cars to win with. In the Intermediate Level Challenge, you are basically allowed one smaller mistake and still have a chance to win, where the Expert Level Challenge, I have had three penalties and spun out and still won!

Did it with a ZZII and my tune posted in the Tunes section, it might not be for everyone 💡 but for a beginner or intermediate it could help :D Have to try that Crossfire and Range Rover :odd: sounds like fun 👍 :cheers:

Just did it with a Audi RS 6 Avant Station Wagon. :odd: :dopey: Some Fun :D :cheers: What other regular cars can you use? 💡 Let's see um :mischievous: :D
tmp_25637-20150202_2308091764915105.jpg

Last edited:
Had another go with the ZZII, love that damn car with Praiano's tune. I made a few tweaks to it and eek'd out a better time. Best lap was a 2.01.

Nice time! 👍

Haven't driven the ZZII yet, maybe I should.. So far the fastest car I've found was Corvette Z06 (C6) '06. It could run consistent low 2:02 laps and was a blast to drive.

I've won this race once but had a bunch of seconds and thirds...great fun trying different cars for this seasonal and Ascari is not one of my favorites but it's grown on me thru this event

I've come to the conclusion that there is unnecessary slowing going on with the AI outside of the main three areas where they usually slow down on Ascari. The following pictures reveal as much:

1:41.060 on the lap clock, the blue Citroen is shown with no braking and no acceleration input despite being out of the chicanes and with me on its tail:

image.jpg

1:44.177 on the lap clock, over three seconds later, with still no accelerator or brake input from the blue AI Citroen and in this time I have completely overtaken the car and can now be seen in front:

image.jpg

The blue AI's speed has changed from 86km/h to 58km/h despite AI opponents usually accelerating through this section of the track.

Last edited:
Who even owns this vehicle, other than myself?

*raises hand.

One of the first cars I got. Sleeper. Deadly car - I used to grind with it at Apricot against Gasparini, Pulkinnen, and Saari.

Nice time! 👍

Yeah. Sub 11:00s coming up fast.

Only did this once - took a Cizeta out there and got my ass whipped.
I'm going back. In the Cizeta.

But first - some fun with Beginners and Intermediates. If I win right away, first race I'm disappointed; I have nothing to work towards. I know I have power-house cars in the garage so I don't want to kill the rabbits too easily.
Took the old Mirage, for instance to Intermediates as well as the Midget and had a ball taunting Vitale in the NSX.
Harvested enough credits to pay for everything but maybe the taillights on that P3.
Taillight cash will be ground up soon. Then P3 mine. :D

I decided to run this again so I bought the Saleen and used @praiano63 tune and this car with this tune is faster than the NSX. I haven't seen the Zonda 7.3 yet and from what I've read I really don't think I want to. The Saleen was a blast had the lead before the end of lap 4. The Rabbits were '09 SLR and a NSX. I was watching the 2 front runners battling and was quite surprised to see the NSX pass the SLR and fly off into the distance. I had a 2:09 lap on lap 4 to pass the NSX and he stayed glued to me for the rest of the race and I only won by 0.607 sec. I forgot to turn my phone on so I could take the pictures. I don't seem to be able to hold my Nikon steady to take pictures with it. My phone does this auto focus thing after pressing the button to take the picture.

Edit: Almost forgot, I changed the final gear to 3.80 for a better speed. I'm also liking this track more after running more laps. That 2:09 lap is the fastest lap I've ever run there.

Last edited:
Nice time! 👍

Haven't driven the ZZII yet, maybe I should.. So far the fastest car I've found was Corvette Z06 (C6) '06. It could run consistent low 2:02 laps and was a blast to drive.

Thanks. But I think there is still a lot on the table. Sub 2-minute times are definitely possible with this car, so maybe 10:38 or so, I just have too much fun driving the car, and my driving style has a lot of scrubbing (I don't like to use the brakes).

Did anybody see there is a AI Viper SRT10 ACR '08 :eek: It has 580 PP and 603 HP :odd: WTF :grumpy: How's that fair :crazy: Its almost a race car. :irked: :scared: 👎

Here is a really tough task for those who like an extreme challenge. Try and win this seasonal with an A112 Abarth '79. I'm guessing it's possible, if you have a perfect setup and run a near perfect race. The best I have done is 3rd place a couple times.
Snapshot_20150203_122802.jpg
Snapshot_20150203_121829.jpg

EDIT: Just when I thought I had a chance to finish 2nd or 1st, this happened! :lol:

Snapshot_20150203_152207.jpg

Snapshot_20150203_152315.jpg

Last edited:
I guess my point didn't come across correctly. Is it a sleek and aerodynamic looking machine? NO! That is what makes it appealing to me and why I race it often. The car reminds me of a Yugo, which is probably the most made fun of car in USA history.

Sure it doesn't look "Sleek" but nobody made fun of it, quite the opposite. It looks damn mean and powerful! Check the video below. Like 80's rally cars, none of them looked sleek!! Hell even the old Lancer Evolution and Subaru's don't look sleek, they come from that same styling.

The Rally version looks and drives like a Pit Bull!

Damn that Pontiac is ugly as hell! It's a fight between that and the Fiat Multipla which nearly makes me blind when I see it on the road. I always think, YOU ACTUALLY PAID MONEY FOR THAT?

motoring-graphics-2_842469a.jpg

Last edited:
A very nice race with the Toyota FT-1. I incurred two very dumb ramming penalties - totally my fault. Thankfully, those 10 seconds in penalties didn't stop me from being able to grab the lead on the backside straight from the Aston Martin One-77.

I thought we could only use normal cars for this event!

Here is a really tough task for those who like an extreme challenge. Try and win this seasonal with an A112 Abarth '79. I'm guessing it's possible, if you have a perfect setup and run a near perfect race. The best I have done is 3rd place a couple times. View attachment 304405View attachment 304406

EDIT: Just when I thought I had a chance to finish 2nd or 1st, this happened! :lol:

View attachment 304422
View attachment 304423
Oops :lol: A little to fast around that curve :D That's funny :lol: But you came close 👍 :cheers:

Back