A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 231 comments
Just did it in the RAM truck and that's a helluva lot of fun!!! 👍 :D

They can't move you, they just bounce off :lol: 👍 :D that's why my truck is all messed up, plus I was having a little fun with them too!!!

RAM 1.jpg

RAM 2.jpg

I'm just
Laughing Smiley 1.gif
at them!!!

The LFA is going to need a new front end, as you can see it's wrecked!!! :lol: he tried to ram me off the road and all I did was drift around the corner.

You gotta try it!!! 👍

Making deliveries at Spa, I say to myself : Why not take the pick ups and show them to ferraries how it's done!!!!!

With 500pp RAM Laramie

And 497pp Tacoma

Actually,those screens showing my frustration.
When i had Mr.Hara as opponent (2times on the 2 occasions i've raced it),he sticks like glue on me when i've passed him.
Although my overall times were just above 14 minutes,he's finding 30+ and 40+ seconds somewhere.
It seems to me you can win with a lot of cars that have very different overall times but you need to drag the main rabbits with you.You just need to fend them off and make no major mistakes.

Actually,those screens showing my frustration.
When i had Mr.Hara as opponent (2times on the 2 occasions i've raced it),he sticks like glue on me when i've passed him.
Although my overall times were just above 14 minutes,he's finding 30+ and 40+ seconds somewhere.
It seems to me you can win with a lot of cars that have very different overall times but you need to drag the main rabbits with you.You just need to fend them off and make no major mistakes.
Well said Sven.👍 I've noticed the same thing. I actually prefer to be able to win in many different cars if I don't screw up too bad, than to only be able to win in the few fastest cars. The AI are more aggressive, but that keeps the last lap or so more interesting. :)

Lord amighty. This race is a real trip yes. It is not easy by any stretch IMO. It is a challenge but that adds to the fun in it I guess. Tried a couple cars and tunes retries managing to get bronze and a couple fourths but no cigar for 2nd or 1st until I tried Jeje's Tommykaira ZZII' 00 500PP tune. Got 2nd and then now 1st. The last two got one or two 5 second deductions. One of them a car bounced into me and they penalised me yes. Well I never.

Passing the cars from the back is no problem but the three lead cars are vicious and bad-minded. You catch up to them, pass them, watch them in the rear view mirror waving bye bye...at a good distance too eh... and the next thing you know as though they have some secret nitro switch, they speed up on you and bold faced enough to try and overtake you too. Well I good block them. As soon as I see them veering to one side to overtake I shift to that side. Homey wasn't playing that. That was some good thrills.

Thanks for the tune @Jeje6410

Nice event, won with a Countach LP400 turning 2:47 and :48s. An SRT Viper as the lead AI rabbit gave a good clean dice for last three laps with better straight line speed. Looks like the AI get 550+PP cars.

Sometime ago there was a 500PP rain seasonal event here at Spa and the Countach and RGT were best then too.

Earlier runs a BTR was fun Bronze racing against an AI CTR2, Isuzu 4200 was similar. Ferrari 512BB couldn't get clean laps below 2:50.

Enjoyed this one for some reason, used the ZZ, didnt mess anything other then getting it down to 500PP, passed the LFA going into turn one on lap 5.

I much prefer TT's as well, hate the fact that the AI is always in my way.

I noticed that the AI offline always seem to be 'in the way' on corners forcing you take take a less than optimal line. It's almost as if it's done on purpose because the AI doesn't even try to race properly, it acts more like it's just a set of rolling pylons.

I think the with the Online TTs at least the AI wakes up once they've been passed and tries to race - it seems as if they've updated some programming because even though their race craft is terrible at least it's a challenge.

I took @shaunm80 tune for the '78 Thunderchicken - uh, I'm mean Firebird and ended up having to run the race twice.

First race I got spun on the second lap near the back of the field, then I powered through and caught up to the leader, and passed him on the final lap. As were were exiting the last chicane he pulled a classic P.I.T maneuver on me (that any cop would have been proud to pull off on ole Smokey) and I ended up almost DFL. Btw, I was not doing any blocking of any kind!

Second race, i took my time and passed everyone cleanly and caught the leader on lap 3 and he went into the gravel trap on the 180 degree right hand downhill corner (sry don't know the name of the corner). Anyways, it let me close the gap because he was a bit faster on the straights but I was way faster in the tighter bits. Lap 4, he hit the gravel in the same spot, and on lap 5 I passed him when he was in the gravel! I kept the lead without having to block all the way to the finish.

Fun race, I'll be trying some more cars out on this event.

... since the LFA N edition decided to shunt me off the road at the busstop on the last lap :mad:

I had a similar experience. A Yellow Bird punted me off the track at the final chicane and then, to add insult to injury, I get hit with a 3 second penalty for "taking a short cut" !! :grumpy:

At least I retook my place at the hairpin and proceeded to win (in a BMW M3 CSL).

The penalty system is unfair and why have it at all in the race, if the AI like in the video below shows a GT-R hitting me and do not get a penalty and shoots away from me, if I have done this I would have got a penalty and this is why the penalty system should not be in the race.

Back