A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 231 comments
What happen to T. Reina in the GT-R Black edition '12, or he just gave up because you were to fast for him ?.

Once I got about 17 seconds ahead he just gave up. I think 17 seconds is the cut-off really, the're still pushing hard at 11 seconds ahead. Once I hit 20 seconds ahead the AI seem to drive at a standard pace. I'm certain this is programmed in, just like the slower cars that are ONLY there to get in your way if you're really fast (lap traffic). PD certainly wants me to play with cars, when I'm all about one-lap-magic!

Went with the '08 BMW Z4 M Coupe. What a great car to drive, and fun for this race. The Scuderia was on my ass the entire last lap, which turned a Sunday drive into a white-knuckle battle; especially since the Ferrari didn't seem to want to stop early enough to avoid collisions. For those on a DS3, here are my settings:

Stage 3 Engine, and Computer installed, Power = 98.1% (No Oil Change, no aero)

For Transmission Tuning, reset to default (even if you haven't touched it), set final gear to 3.50, then change Max Speed (Auto Set)

Settings: Front Rear
Tires Used: Sports Soft Sports Soft

Suspension: Front Rear
Ride Height 70 70
Spring Rate 7.93 7.95
Dampers (Comp) 5 2
Dampers (Ext) 6 2
Anti-Roll Bars 3 6
Camber Angle (-) 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle 0.00 0.00

Brake Bias: 5 5

Transmission: Set First --> Max Speed (Auto Set): 168
1st Gear 3.719
2nd Gear 2.792
3rd Gear 2.175
4th Gear 1.750
5th Gear 1.447
6th Gear 1.205
7th Gear
8th Gear Final Gear: 3.18

Drive Train: Front Rear
Initial Torque 8
Accel Sensitivity 9
Braking Sensitivity 16
Front/Rear Split

PD should have the suicidal AI on all cars and from start to finish, BTTC style race :D Standing start too, I can see PD increase AI pace easily looking at how the AI can keep up and be aggressive when we lead the race.

First shot with this car without any driving aids still can win although get bullied :lol:and i just felt this track quite slippery.:crazy:
IMG_20160609_021008.jpg

Yup, this one worked out quite nicely Brewguy. Nice and zippy. Golded in both. Cheers Brewman.

Hey Thanks!! Glad you liked it. It looks like an SUV but drives like a car, It surprised me by how well it drove.

I'm working on something else for the Beginner 400PP & Intermediate 500PP, But It's a Surprise!!!

UPDATE: NEW TUNE "The Black Bat!!!"

Cheers Smiley.gif

Last edited:
Here I am feeling good that I finally (and barely) beat this in my Zonda C12, and you guys are out there beating this with trucks and SUV's! GAH!

It might look like a truck but it's a typical GT concept car with performance far in excess of what an equivalent real car can do. :irked:

I surprised myself getting gold with a Toyota GT86 tuned up to 492PP (336BHP) as it's not the fastest thing in a straight line; 14:42.063. The F430 Scud gave me a few love taps after I passed it, then it got passed by the MkI GT40. The GT40 had a try into the chicane at the end, but the '86 had far better traction. Overshot a bunch of times braking too late into La Source, Rivage (a trip through the edge of the gravel), Fagnes, and the chicane so I reckon there's an easy 14:25-14:30 in it.

Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe 1954. Clean race. No penalties. No aids. Tune by me. P1.Nissan GT-R. P2 Lamborghini Gallardo. P3. Ferrari 599. Fast lap 2:47.071. Winning margin 00.968. Pass for the win at Corner Blanchimont on lap 5 over Lamborghini Gallardo. The skinny tires did make it that much more fun sliding around Spa.

This was a good race! First try after searching through my cars briefly, the Tacoma caught my eye. I said, wth, I'll use it as a practice car. No way will I win. Lo and behold, I won on the last lap keeping a GTR and Ferrari at bay, only less than a second behind me!

MR cars seem to be the better bet for this race. I believe it is their ability to rotate quickly at high speed corners and the many sharp corners (and hairpins) in Spa.

Cars like Ferrari Dino, Lambo Miura, Isuzu 4200R, Jaguar XJ200 are fairly straightforward wins for this race (although one has to be careful with the acceleration LSD settings to ensure it is not locked easily).

FF cars are more challenging and understeer does show its weakness in a number of places, unless you change the ride height / dampers / spring settings so drastically that it takes away most of the understeer (but car become twitchy afterwards).

Would like to hear from others about their experience with FF cars as well!

All I want a good challenge and a clean close race and all you get are the Kamikazes want to take you out, I'm sorry I am going to go back to humiliate the AI at there game, to go pass them on lap 3 and sail of in the distance so I will not get frustrated.

I think it kind of fun the way the AI cars react in this race though. Makes it more challenging and interesting.

It is not fun when you get penalties for doing the right thing on the race track.
Yes, PD appears to have a funny rule in GT6, basically, as long as you are in the inside corner, whatever you do is fine, even if you purposely smash into someone.

Unfortunately, I notice some of all fellow GT6 gamers also like to use this tactics in quick matches! Sigh,........

Hi pilots
If you want you can try my tune for this race :
KTM X-Bow Street '12 (CS)

Good drive and enjoy :cheers:

Just tried this one. Was nice for a change of car plus I hardly ever raced those KTMs before so was glad for the opportunity. Very nice car and tune @Jeje6410 .
Got gold on the Intermediate 500PP race in one try (the car does very well for this one).
But for the Expert 500PP race (which is more difficult of course) I only managed a 4th. (Only one try though). Might try it again later. Cheers bro. Your tunes are very good.

Just tried this one. Was nice for a change of car plus I hardly ever raced those KTMs before so was glad for the opportunity. Very nice car and tune @Jeje6410 .
Got gold on the Intermediate 500PP race in one try (the car does very well for this one).
But for the Expert 500PP race (which is more difficult of course) I only managed a 4th. (Only one try though). Might try it again later. Cheers bro. Your tunes are very good.

Thanks again my friend @davidt33 !!!!
I await your comments (which are very interesting :bowdown:) forward . Feel free to tell me if there are some things to change on the KTM tires comforts. :cheers:

Thanks again my friend @davidt33 !!!!
I await your comments (which are very interesting :bowdown:) forward . Feel free to tell me if there are some things to change on the KTM tires comforts. :cheers:

Ok just went for it again (the Expert Level 500PP) with the very KTM X-Bow, pulled out all stops, clean race...and got the Gold. Towards the end the AI car I passed and ended up behind me tried his best to catch up and overtake but fruity well knowing the ninja was going to try that, as I saw him in my handy rear view mirror I blocked his tail...haha.... and he couldn't do it....and with that I sped to the finish. Job done.

I really like what you did with that car bro. It's a keeper. Cheers again.

Towards the end the AI car I passed and ended up behind me tried his best to catch up and overtake but fruity well knowing the ninja was going to try that, as I saw him in my handy rear view mirror I blocked his tail...haha.... and he couldn't do it....and with that I sped to the finish. Job done.

I 'm glad you were able to win the gold :cheers: . The ninja did not get you :lol: :lol:. In this race ,the AI is really vicious :irked: :irked:. But you win. :bowdown:. Good job my friend @davidt33 . And I thanks you to see your satisfaction and your comments after this race. :cheers: :cheers:. Thanks again my friend

Back