A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 189 comments
Lucked out with "Ota" and "Wexler" as the AI drivers of R92C and Sauber, was able to win with a 7:24 in the Pescarolo C60 Judd pushed to 700pp. No need to draft as it seems we can pass as if the AI are standing still, avoiding crashes is the hard part.

Managed to finally win with the Pescarolo Hybride stock but for an oil change (which pushes it up to a healthy 950bhp/696pp), the "other" Pescarolo and the Sauber needed to be absent though, the only rabbit was the R92 which gave me a race at the very end but I nabbed it at the final chicane where thankfully it didn't shortcut. Earlier efforts saw it and the second-placed car (which I forget) make more errors towards the end though, so I knew it was do-able. End time was 7:30.

Pretty sure I'm only going to beat the Pescarolo and Sauber with more power and tuning though, which is a shame, though I will try just basic tuning, downforce adjustments etc. first.

@Tyger It sounds like our races ended in a very similar fashion. I should have been able to pass the lead car in the Porsche Curve's section but I made an error and he pulled away again. He was flying down the right side of the track toward the chicane which allowed me to be on the inside, where I wanted to be. Unfortunately, I had to catch him first, otherwise he would turn into the chicane before I could. I had to hit the brakes so late & hard, I don't know how I found the grip to turn into the chicane without penalty. At that point you just have to make sure you don't get penalized for the 2nd chicane and the race is yours...

I had never driven the Pescarolo before yesterday. I had no idea what I was missing. It is a fantastic car!!

Mixed feelings about this seasonal.
Tried it yesterday (after doing the Vision things and the other seasonals).
Lapping at 3.23 - 3.25 I only managed 3rd (and worse) with the leading duo some 25" ahead ! :scared:
I used four different LM cars and the J2 (which was still tuned for the RedBull Ring as I recall now)

Since I had some friends coming over for diner I quit the game and felt a bit disturbed about not being able to win...

Today I took the Pescarolo Hybrid, and destroyed the field, each and every race (must have done 10 or 12 races (pace at 3.18 - 3.21). Faster than yesterday, but no explanation for the very easy wins, while the leaders used to blow me away the day before... :ill:

But AI seems to remember things. In one of the races I overtook the lead car in Mulsane, accidentally touching him, which caused him to go wide in the gravel. I got no penalty and the poor guy was way behind (so I thought).
But he came back at lightning speed and was all over me till we crossed the finish line, trying to push me off.
Never noticed that behaviour in the other races...

Edit: added a minute to the laptimes... 2.xx would have been really fast :embarrassed:

Edit two: the wobble in the T500RS is back too ! But only at La Sarthe. Is it really that bumpy over there ... ?

Last edited:
Got gold, used the Pescarolo C60 Judd with @praiano63 tune, caught lead car at mulsane corner but he was allover me till finish, I struggle with high end cars (over 650pp) on the seasonals don't know why lol, I use ds3 and just an average driver I can manage to get into top 3000 (and better) on time trials on a regular basis when I find the tune that matches my rough n ready style

Woohoo !!... Just got gold after umpteen attempts..
Got to be honest I got lucky no pescalaro no sauber .. I used the 905evo prianio tune big turbo turned down power to 700pp.. Won by 3 secs but I slowed down to avoid any penalties..
If I can do it anyone can..

Finally got Gold using the R8 with minimal downforce and the tranny cranked up to 298. Took several attempts using many cars (the Speed 8 was also very good). Got rammed and penalized many times. The silver lining was earning almost 2 million credits trying for Gold. The Minolta was the only one at the top of the leaderboard.
Challenging race.

This was a good challenging race for me, made many attempts with 3 different cars before switching to the winning AI car Mercedes Sauber C9 which i bought with the prizemoney from all the attempts and 2nd places. In the end i think the key was not forcing any overtakes when they were not on, as it just resulted in a spin off or time penalty.

Mixed feelings about this seasonal.
Tried it yesterday (after doing the Vision things and the other seasonals).
Lapping at 3.23 - 3.25 I only managed 3rd (and worse) with the leading duo some 25" ahead ! :scared:
I used four different LM cars and the J2 (which was still tuned for the RedBull Ring as I recall now)

Since I had some friends coming over for diner I quit the game and felt a bit disturbed about not being able to win...

Today I took the Pescarolo Hybrid, and destroyed the field, each and every race (must have done 10 or 12 races (pace at 3.18 - 3.21). Faster than yesterday, but no explanation for the very easy wins, while the leaders used to blow me away the day before... :ill:

But AI seems to remember things. In one of the races I overtook the lead car in Mulsane, accidentally touching him, which caused him to go wide in the gravel. I got no penalty and the poor guy was way behind (so I thought).
But he came back at lightning speed and was all over me till we crossed the finish line, trying to push me off.
Never noticed that behaviour in the other races...

Edit: added a minute to the laptimes... 2.xx would have been really fast :embarrassed:

Edit two: the wobble in the T500RS is back too ! But only at La Sarthe. Is it really that bumpy over there ... ?
What are your brake settings on the Pescarolo?

Pescarolo with Praiano tune done the job ;)
Bravo, very nice. Thank you.
On the Pescarolo having a bit of a problem with the brake setting. Did you change them??

Pescarolo with Praiano tune done the job ;)
Did you change anything on the Praiano tune for the Pescarolo. Won with the Audi R8 but having braking problems with this one.

My B/B for 0 ABS on Audi R8 '01 LMP.

RH: 4/2
RM/RS: 5/3
No change to FG.

OP link for tune update with correct one.

------------------------------------
One more win-friendly grid, won with C60, Audi '01, and Minolta.
Same settings as my previous post on 900ºW/no assists/RH/0 ABS.
Able to pass lead rodent before Indianapolis L2 with average Lap times of 3:24.xxx

01. Toyota Minolta
02. Mercedes Benz Sauber
03. Nissan 92CP
04. Peugeot 905b
05. Jaguar XJR-9
06. Bentley Speed 8
07. Mazda 787B
08. Peugeot 908 HDI FAP
09. Peugeot 908 HDI FAP
10. Audi R8 Playstation
11. Toyota GT-One
12. C60/Audi '01/Minolta, me. (All cars 700PP tuned by @praiano63)

Ran grid 3 races, no sandbox antics by any AI including P1/P2, perhaps v.1.10 tweak?

I am very sorry to ask you again as I just got going on GT6 and don't understand RH:4/2 and RM/RS: 5/3

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a bit of a 'mare with this. Got 2nd in a tuned 2J, and could have got 1st in another race if I hadn't pushed a bit too hard through the Porsche Curves whilst in front.

Annoyed as by the time you get going the lead car is ~40 seconds up the road and probably hitting Tertre Rouge. Also fed up with AI blatantly running into the back of you (no penalty for them!) and then somehow giving you a ramming penalty when they zip round you when you're trying to take your line round a corner.

The only up sides are that more often than not one of them will stack it at Mulsanne Corner, and that a 250mph 2J will breeze past anything it can catch (assuming I can keep it under control). Might be time to put down the DS3 and dig out the wheel.

Lucked out with "Ota" and "Wexler" as the AI drivers of R92C and Sauber, was able to win with a 7:24 in the Pescarolo C60 Judd pushed to 700pp. No need to draft as it seems we can pass as if the AI are standing still, avoiding crashes is the hard part.

Had the same experience here. After about 40 fails, I got that lineup. Got high 7:20's on both laps running the Pesky-Judd Hybride. Won twice in a row. I think the lineup is definitely the key to this one.

I already gold this event, now trying Pescarolo 05, but I have problem tuning it, how can I enter the same 5 transmissipn gears as written by @praiano63 , I always have this mystery, I'll be happy to solve this question, Thanks a lot!

For anybody struggling , don't give up if you are familiar with the track and have a nice tuned car, you'll win after a couple of races, I don't think that lineup does affect the difficulty of the race, it's all about the change of the behavior of AI in each race, the first two rabbits sometimes drive perfect and fast, and some other times they run slow at 2nd lap , or one of them makes a stupid mistake and slow down race, which gives an easy win, in my opinion it's about luck.
Also this event is not good for grinding, it's unpredictable, and not worth the pressure, the Redbull standard is still the best for credit rewards.and more fun.
Good luck everyone !
I agree it's about luck, but it is definitely also about the lineup. I ran this today without a Sauber, Minolta, or Pescarlo C60 Hybride in the AI line-up and it was a very easy win. The lead car was a Nissan 92CP and I passed them on the 2nd lap on Mulsane straight after the 1st chicane.

This can be a good grinding race if you're willing to reload the race a few times until none of the "fast 3" are in the line-up, easy wins, no pressure at all (I used a Pescarlo C60 Hybride).

This has been the hardest seasonal event for me, I won it with(again)2J after 20 tries, now added a mid-RPM turbo. For anyone who is having troubles to win, you need 3:23 or less per lap to even have a chance to win.

I just ran my first race since I got Gold with the Pescarolo C60 Hybride. I used the same C60 and had to run against the Minolta and Sauber. Again I ran a 3:29 first lap but I was a little slower at 3:24 on my second lap. I actually won this race more easily than I did the first time. I caught and passed the leader (Minolta) at Porsche Curves and from there the only thing I had to worry about was foolishly hopping the chicane's and giving myself a penalty before the finish line, which thankfully I didn't do.

Even though my overall time was probably 1.5 seconds slower than my first victory, I think I drove with more control. I would wait to pass at better times rather than just going for it no matter where I was on the track. Personally, I think that is the key to this race - control.

don't know what you mean sadioki, i bought it from dealership then applied praiano63 tune with no problems
I always have the problem with the transmission set up for the five gears, I scroll right and left to reduce or add with no problem, but I can't get the same numbers as the praino63 tune, for example if the first gear is 1.700 the maximum number I can get is 1.800 , same for the rest of the gears.
I'm wondering if there is a trick , or is it a region difference, I have a US. version.
please does anybody know ? or have the same issue with transmission set up?

Last edited:
I always have the problem with the transmission set up for the fiv gears, I scroll right and left to reduce or add with no problem, but I can't get the same numbers as the praino63 tune, for example if the first gear is 1.700 the maximum number I can get is 1.800
I'm wondering if there is a trick , or is it a region difference, I have a US. version

Have you fitted the low RPM turbo? That influences the gear ratios...

MSZ
This has been the hardest seasonal event for me, I won it with(again)2J after 20 tries, now added a mid-RPM turbo. For anyone who is having troubles to win, you need 3:23 or less per lap to even have a chance to win.
Finished freak'n everyone out yet?

For the nth time, lap times irrelevant.
The win makes up .001s of your total time.
Try enjoy the journey for a change.
I repeat, they'll race as hard as you push them.

For you,
fairly peaceful race,
lap times: 3.31,3.27ish, I think
stock 787B,
c60 & c9 in the race...

Back