A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 189 comments
for now I don't know I'll check when I got home, I'm doing this for Pescarola '05, thanks for the reply
you just have to reset the tranny
adjust final drive first, then gears second,
or vice versa
search for info on how to do that.

sorry don't do it myself
and really wouldn't be using those tranny specs anyway

I'm doing this for Pescarola '05

👍, check if you have the low turbo, if not apply it...

But please remember, the gear ratios of a certain car may not fit the ratios of the car you are doing, especially the Pescarolos (The C60 is way different of the the GV5 and the Courage)...

Follow Praiano instructions:

Pescarolo C60 Hybride Gear Chart:
Screenshot_1.jpg

First of all reset, then:

1. Initial Final
  2. Speed all the way to left (240Kmh/149mph)
  3. Set 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...
  4. Set Final gear back to 2900
👍

Last edited:
Finished freak'n everyone out yet?

For the nth time, lap times irrelevant.
The win makes up .001s of your total time.
Try enjoy the journey for a change.
I repeat, they'll race as hard as you push them.

For you,
fairly peaceful race,
lap times: 3.31,3.27ish, I think
stock 787B,
c60 & c9 in the race...

I freaked everyone out? I was just saying something that everyone has been saying, 3:18 to 3:23 is required to win. Your video doesn't really mean much.

MSZ
I freaked everyone out? I was just saying something that everyone has been saying, 3:18 to 3:23 is required to win. Your video doesn't really mean much.
the fact the lap times are 3.31 & 3.27 says nothing???
and the 2 most feared competitors in the race???

thanks everyone for the replies, and interesting informations, it sounds good to me, I'll try again this evening, Thanks very much !

MSZ

You are spreading false information. I've won this race twice now and the second time I won I ran a 3:29 & 3:24 -- so it most certainly IS possible to win the race with times MUCH higher than 3:18 to 3:23...

👍, check if you have the low turbo, if not apply it...

But please remember, the gear ratios of a certain car may not fit the ratios of the car you are doing, especially the Pescarolos (The C60 is way different of the the GV5 and the Courage)...

Follow Praiano instructions:

Pescarolo C60 Hybride Gear Chart:
View attachment 194882

First of all reset, then:

1. Initial Final
  2. Speed all the way to left (240Kmh/149mph)
  3. Set 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...
  4. Set Final gear back to 2900
👍
Very good explanation , it did work for me, you and the rest of members did solve the mystery for me, thanks to you and everyone who replied to my question, for the help. :)

Wow .. praino63 tune makes this Pescarlo Judd '05 run like a beast, at the first test of the evening ,I managed to get gold with no penalty, against Minolta and Sauber Mercedes , final time 7:22
I'll keep playing this event, just for the thrill ,speed and beauty of the Circuit.
Thanks again for helping me set up the transmission.

You are spreading false information. I've won this race twice now and the second time I won I ran a 3:29 & 3:24 -- so it most certainly IS possible to win the race with times MUCH higher than 3:18 to 3:23...
That is for sure!!!

I had a blast driving this Seasonal event. It really had to drive really fast and on the edge to win it. Won it with the Peugeot 908 HDI. :D

I already gold this event, now trying Pescarolo 05, but I have problem tuning it, how can I enter the same 5 transmissipn gears as written by @praiano63 , I always have this mystery, I'll be happy to solve this question, Thanks a lot!

Make sure you add the exact parts & ballast (if any) that he does. Also down-force. Then reset your gearbox, set initial final gear, initial top speed, gears & then lastly the final gear again.

This applies to all of his gearboxes. 👍

Edit: I see you've been sorted out, lol! But anyway, for future reference...

Got my Jag to 2nd place; will keep trying; trick is reaching (almost) 240 kph on every straight and having a clean a lap as possible.

Just re-ran this race with a 2J (lots of fun with this car!) - 27 the first lap, 21 the second.

Wiped the floor with pack!

No specific tune, just put the trany to 430 kph.

I did have a 3 sec penalty the first lap - bumped a car (dratted AI!!). I overtook the Minolta rabbit halfway through the second lap. I imagine that he was babbling in his microphone to his mother as I did!

Seriously, I really do not understand why some are having real problems with this race.

GT5 seasonals were much harder IMHO. Especially the Miata race after the change, and Tokyo R (the last one). Those were only possible with tunes, IIRC.

Heck, the rally Alpine (nord) race was worse for me! Took me a long time to gold it.

I am also struggling with that dratted Nissan Concept TT race on Tokyo R at the moment. Still trying to find that extra .200 of a second to get the gold.

In comparison, this race is easy-peasy.

As usual, typical race tactics apply here - no cheating (nice crisp, good lines in the curves), avoid collisions where possible (dratted AI!!!) and squeeze out advantages where they are offered. Remember, one has two laps, and the second lap requires that one take into consideration the extra speed after the initial straighaway - so be extra conservative when braking. The same goes for overtaking - it is better to wait a bit, until one has a safe chance to overtake, as it is to "risk everything" in the hope that one will somehow get by without a penalty.

I did find that the 2J has an incredibly short braking distance compared to the other cars - which basically means that one can wait quite a bit before throwing on the brakes before the end of the high-speed straights. This gives unprecidented opportunity to shave off crucial seconds needed to close in on the rabbit.

All-in-all, I really like this race - it requires steady concentration and fore-planning.

I am now trying to win with a DeltaWing.

Finally got the lineup I wanted, R92CP '92 rabbit. Using Corv Z06 C6 Race car '06 651 pp . Was able to win getting 2:30 laps, Cars were crashing everywhere (have done this at least 20 times). After practice was able to get down to 2:26-27 laps, no cars crashing and not able to win, maybe once out of 10, lead cars much better lap times. Of course with faster cars doesn't matter how fast the rabbit goes, 2:16 laps you win no matter what they do.

Tried it using my McLaren F1 Stealth Model, finished 8th. Next try using my Mazda 787B Stealth Model got me 4th place. Next time I'll try using my Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model and see what happens.

I tried using the setup for the R18 TDI Anniv. Edition, but its on Racing Mediums when this seasonal is Racing Hards. I can't afford any other LMP or Group C car, so can someone pass me along a setup for the R18 TDI Anniv. Edition ran on RHs? Thanks.

Deltawing, it's too slow, bad position, forget it.

With 787B, can't finish a lap, I just quit. Too unstable under braking.

With Peugeot 908, I can only get 3rd. Nice handling car but still too slow (for me). Maybe I'll try it more...

With Peugeot 905, same in 3rd. Fast car but not very stable. It's jumping around. I lost positions because of mistakes and/or penalties.

With R92CP, I got quite a few 2nd. Fast and high cornering capability but not very stable and the brake isn't good enough. Jumping all over the place and lots of mistakes and/or penalties, too.

With XJR-9, I got countless 2nd. Finally won last night. Fast and stable car but somewhat dumb in cornering. Good brake and very high tolerance to my pushing. I didn't like it in the previous Spa event, but it's quite good here. Won by about 3:25 per lap and the following 2 cars were just behind me. (Funny, my best time was not in the race I won... )

All cars mentiones above are 700pp with my own tuning. TCS=0 or 1, no other assistance. What a tough event.

I feel the differences in performance of all these cars are huge, overall lap times, too. So this may be another proof that the pp system is not adequate. Maybe it'd be too complex when the track conditions are under consideration.

2J and C60 are both great cars in my impression of GT5. Many people have proved their excellence here again. But I don't want to buy them just for this event...

Last edited:
With Peugeot 905, same in 3rd. Fast car but not very stable. It's jumping around. I lost positions because of mistakes and/or penalties
This is the car I used, I just used @praiano63's tune and it was a dream to drive, managed to win this race fairly comfortably 👍

This is the car I used, I just used @praiano63's tune and it was a dream to drive, managed to win this race fairly comfortably 👍

Thanks for sharing.

I see the tuning is different from mine mainly in softer spring rate, significantly lower LSD and slightly higher DF. I'll try it. :cheers:

As I recall my own driving impressions of those cars, and watching the excellent replay by JaseScott, I think my setting in ride height is probably too low and the spring rate is too stiff in many of them. They are probably bottomed out, no wonder jumping around... I'll try to figure out if this is case.

Finally, I *beep*ing did it!!! WoOOOOoHOOOOO! This is by far the MOST CHALLENGING, MOST FUN, and MOST REWARDING TT :D Being a beginner driver, I'm so damn proud of myself winning this one. I ran the Audi R8 Race Car 01 (with Praiano's tune and adjusted 7/3 brake balance) with 3:28.xxx on both laps with all clean passes. Few days before, I improved from frequent spinning out to consistently running 3:35.xxx and only got Bronze. Finish the lap without crash was hard for me (I don't know the track well) but the 7 seconds improvement was actually wayyyy harder lol.

I have learned so much about the AIs, the track, and driving. Here are my observations:

1. Do NOT pass, i say do NOT pass them right at the END OF THE STRAIGHT. If you do, they will rear end your a**.
If you do though, be prepared with the brake and the stupid 3-5 seconds penalties. Being rear ended and receive penalties, yeah right :(

2. Pass cars cleanly. If you ran into them, they will TAKE REVENGE somewhere down the road and ran into you and put you out of the track. In couple runs where I did not pass them cleanly, they accelerate like a rocket (with some kind of boost) and not only pass me but they intentionally ATTACK my car on the side and put me off track.

3. They brake way earlier and corner so much slower than us so this is the best opportunity to pass:
a. Right before the straight.
b. At the chicane.
c. On the straight (NOT the END of the straight).

4. The 2 fastest rabbits usually go together hand in hand and will usually wait for you at the very last corner provided you passed all other cars cleanly. Once you see them, they will race as hard as you push it. I had great fun racing side by side with these 2 at the very end. It is the damn best part because it is very human like racing. They block, they draft, they do all kinds of stuff to make it tough. Do NOT touch them, once you do, they will attack your car and put you off track. I spun out in few races like that which kills my good time.

5. The 3:18-3:23 seconds rule does NOT apply. The AIs will adapt to your speed and push as hard as you can. The cleaner you run (less contact with them), the better chance you will win. I had 2nd place with 3:26.xxx but I won 1st with 3:28.xxx with the same car with the same line up.

6. TRAIL BRAKE and LATE APEX especially before the straight :D I improved 7 seconds with this!

7. Without traction control, be smooth on the throttle to prevent wheel spin. Progressively apply pressure on both the brake and throttle. Slamming them will ensure a spin.

8. For beginners like me only: the driving line aid is NOT optimal. I used it only to learn the track. I first tried running it but I quickly found out that many of the braking zone, you are better off being easy on the throttle a bit instead of braking. Also, it shows way too early braking, you can brake way later and still be safe. In some high speed curve, you don't brake while turning as the line indicate because I have spun out several time doing it (reason is simple: traction has a limit, turning wide + braking at high speed > available traction). I brake on straight and then slightly turn smoothly.

I finally beat this race with the 2j. I have to make a tune for this car and change my driving style since I haven't driven this thing for a long time but I am surprised how over powered the 2j is.

Finally won this seasonal but it literally got me sick. My whole body was shivering by the time I had the last AI on my sight just before the Porsche in the last lap. I finally passed it in the last straight before the last chicane and some how I mange to control myself an not screw up in the last minute. When I finally passed the finish line in first I could feel my head really warm like a fever. It passed after a few minutes and then went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night with stomach pain and had a miserable night. This morning I was OK. Boy never had such an intense experiense with a video game. Just image if I was using VR!!!

^Yeah, the 2J is a beast!

I was also surprised at how powerful the 2J is. Even without any major tune, it simply kills the competition in this TT!

Back