A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 122 comments
Struggling to get past 3rd place at the moment. Tried with the Pescarolo and Merc. Best was 9 seconds behind the leader.

Good test this one.

Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9 Cockpit race/Race View. Fast lap 3:24.092. Pass for the win on last lap at Maison Blanche corner over the Toyota Minolta. Wining margin 03.495

Nice driving! Love that car.

Your pass is around the same place I tend to slip into first. That or on the Mulsanne corner on lap 2.

Nice driving! Love that car.

Your pass is around the same place I tend to slip into first. That or on the Mulsanne corner on lap 2.
@MidnightRun85 Both are super great places to pass for the win as you have to take the chance and not back off to win but you have to be "right on the money and spot on" to avoid any penalties. Thank you for your great observation and Roger that.

@MidnightRun85 Both are super great places to pass for the win as you have to take the chance and not back off to win but you have to be "right on the money and spot on" to avoid any penalties. Thank you for your great observation and Roger that.
I've found it easiest to pass through the Porsche Curves and Maison Blanche, or at Mulsanne when the AI runs into the sand, lol! The Porsche/Blanche curves are just: flat out, grab the right line, hope for no penalties...

I've found it easiest to pass through the Porsche Curves and Maison Blanche, or at Mulsanne when the AI runs into the sand, lol! The Porsche/Blanche curves are just: flat out, grab the right line, hope for no penalties...
@MidnightRun85 The flat out curves are a trip and a half as one tiny bit of to much gas or steering input and you will go out of control and out of the race. Nerves of steel are needed there for sure.

Stock 663 PP Chap 2J can do it. Took me a while, and all must go well. Tough.
I try it today but i make to much mistakes. I practice with it to get perfect laps.My best lap time with it was a 3:10(not stock ). So yes it is easy possible if you can handle the crazy AI :lol:

Edit: I see you use the 2J. Wich car is faster here? the old or new Sjappie?

Last edited:
I will be spending much time here. This race gets the adrenaline going... I need to work on 700pp setups & wanting to drive as many cars as possible - soooo, "no time like the present challenge". The money is better than the last Bathursts 600pp challenge & takes approx. half the time. Very fun...

I dont know. But if you are in the slipstream they go crazy and dont let you past. They ramming the wall if you close behind it.:lol: That Toyota is like a camikaze pilot in the last round 👍👍

They've been well behaved when I was in the slipstream. But I blast past them because I'm hitting around 380-400 in the tow. But they definitely feel the need to ram me off Mulsanne and Arnage a lot, if they're close behind.

@Kossie no idea which is faster. Haven't tried. So, you tell me. :D
Well.... I think the 2X is faster, But i dont drive a full race with it.

The 2J is better to handle. The 2X is faster i think but hard to handle. I go try tomorrow to make a good almost perfect race with the 2X. :cheers:.

I must steal my brothers phone to take pictures for the proof :lol:

I have not mastered the 2X. I find it really difficult to drive.

I came close to beating this challenge in the 2J, but was a couple seconds off of the leader. Could have won if I cheated the final chicane, but that wouldn't feel right.

Now, this was a "hard" seasonal worthy of the name. Really struggled, and like others have said it took a couple of laps in the 3:22 range (a 3:23 followed by a 3:21) to win it. I was being too greedy into the first Mulsanne chicane; a later turn-in, hugging the right kerb rather than a faster diagonal line between the right-left gave more speed through the left-hander and between the chicanes. I also managed to improve my previous tune for the C60 Hybride - found some more braking stability and it now has less of a transition between understeer and oversteer through the corners.
As ever, set up for DS3, no oil change or performance mods and no transmission flip.

Suspension:
55/55
19.30/17.90
5/7
4/2
2/3
0/0
-0.20/0.75

Brakes:
9/4

Trans:
Max 249mph (will rev limit slightly in the tow)
Final 2.813

Diff:
7/6/25

Downforce:
600/755

@purpdino @skeagracing I wish I could say the same. I had followed the leader for the last 5-6 corners and he kept cutting me off. And with the 2X, that's very dangerous because any tap will send you off. Got angry and just cut the last chicane. Had to do a walk of shame all the way to the top of the podium :-D:-D. Honestly, I didn't like doing it so good for you for not cutting

Using the 2X and the 2J with a ds3 is a handful but using the directional buttons instead of the analog stick will give more precise control over the jittery 2X(controller sensitivity @ 7) no aids except abs1. Managed the win with with both cars but it was'nt pretty. Using the G27 on 2X is kind of like having to catch the car after every steering input because of the bloody 10degree dead spot at the 1145am-1215pm position of the wheel

@purpdino @skeagracing I wish I could say the same. I had followed the leader for the last 5-6 corners and he kept cutting me off. And with the 2X, that's very dangerous because any tap will send you off. Got angry and just cut the last chicane. Had to do a walk of shame all the way to the top of the podium :-D:-D. Honestly, I didn't like doing it so good for you for not cutting
@Benny44 It is not easy to keep your composure when you are constantly being rammed and bounced around by the AI’s. I feel for you!!

I try it today but i make to much mistakes. I practice with it to get perfect laps.My best lap time with it was a 3:10(not stock ). So yes it is easy possible if you can handle the crazy AI :lol:

Edit: I see you use the 2J. Wich car is faster here? the old or new Sjappie?

The new one and I matched your 3:10 lap with the 2X.

Latest Posts

Back