A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 122 comments
Not quite as many tunes for this one from my garage as yet but two fun VGT cars that are definitely capable of winning.

Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo (710PP RH)

silverstone-grand-prix-circuit_2-jpg.284386

Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo (699PP RH)

silverstone-grand-prix-circuit_5-jpg.380260

Oh yeah i know that turn :lol::cheers:. This is the most fun non TT SE in long time. I enjoy it. You make a 6 minutes total time already?

Oh man, That chappie 2X is fast but tricky here. I think under the 7 minutes is possible with this 🤬:nervous:

You're right, I was pretty annoyed tonight and just posted 6:59:371 with the new Chaparral, What a little aggression can do.

20161123_191054.jpg
Tried a crazy car today. The same car used by the great Fordlaser - Chaparrel 2X Vision.

This must be the only car that reaches 400 km/h+ without any slipstream even. I touch 415 km/h.I was able to make about 3 seconds till the next timing checkpoint. The only downside is that if turning, don't brake as the car will stop turning & go straight. Hence, it's important to have the right speed before making the turn.

I didn't expect to win with this car but it was a fun experience nonetheless.

I make a 6:57 today with the 2X. Clean racing and only 1 penalty of 3 seconds because the AI hit me....

It's not so hard with the 2X to make a 6 minutes total time. Fun :cheers:

I'm currently trying to figure out how to control the LM55 on this course, the AIs don't help...lol
In the last round before that turn to right after the long straight, They are crazy there. The pesca was 2 seconds behind me there but he hit me in my back.... He fly of the track and i cant make my 6 minutes lap. Then i try it again and make 2 almost perfect laps, Only 1 penalty but that was the AI fould.

In the last round before that turn to right after the long straight, They are crazy there. The pesca was 2 seconds behind me there but he hit me in my back.... He fly of the track and i cant make my 6 minutes lap. Then i try it again and make 2 almost perfect laps, Only 1 penalty but that was the AI fould.

Not to mention that whenever an AI car cuts through a corner, their speed doesn't drop, as if nothing happened. Only we suffer horrendous penalties of varying seconds.

However, the AI cars have become bonkers lately. I love when they make mistakes & run wide into the car, many times bumping into each other or pushing each other off or wide into the corner.

Not to mention that whenever an AI car cuts through a corner, their speed doesn't drop, as if nothing happened. Only we suffer horrendous penalties of varying seconds.

However, the AI cars have become bonkers lately. I love when they make mistakes & run wide into the car, many times bumping into each other or pushing each other off or wide into the corner.
Very true!! They don't seem to get the ramming penalties either. I've been hit from behind and still gotten the penalty, not fair...

View attachment 608972 Tried a crazy car today. The same car used by the great Fordlaser - Chaparrel 2X Vision.

This must be the only car that reaches 400 km/h+ without any slipstream even. I touch 415 km/h.I was able to make about 3 seconds till the next timing checkpoint. The only downside is that if turning, don't brake as the car will stop turning & go straight. Hence, it's important to have the right speed before making the turn.

Anyone who can drive a GT40 should apply the same principles in the 2x for really fast lap times. "Brake in a straight line & early, accelerate out of the corner" or "slow in fast out". This is probably why fordlaser777 & others achieve sub 7 race times.

It's a funny & strange thing I've noticed. The fastest lap times don't seem fast at all, but feel reserved or restrained. A strange anomaly I've noticed while in the ZONE. Anyone else notice this phenomenon?

I'm currently trying to figure out how to control the LM55 on this course, the AIs don't help...lol

Yea the LM55 has a brake issue which I'm working to resolve. Touch the pedal & it's as if the car locks up & the tires going crazy. I think it can make it into the sub 7s & I intend on getting there. Then onto other cars for the same challenge. "THE SUB 7 CHALLENGE"... It's on now... lol

Last edited:
Anyone who can drive a GT40 should apply the same principles in the 2x for really fast lap times. "Brake in a straight line & early, accelerate out of the corner" or "slow in fast out". This is probably why fordlaser777 & others achieve sub 7 race times.

It's a funny & strange thing I've noticed. The fastest lap times don't seem fast at all, but feel reserved or restrained. A strange anomaly I've noticed while in the ZONE. Anyone else notice this phenomenon?
Yes, that quiet feeling when I get in the zone, my heart rate actually goes down and things seem to just flow...unfortunately it doesn't happen as often as I would like...lol

I make a 6:57 today with the 2X. Clean racing and only 1 penalty of 3 seconds because the AI hit me....

It's not so hard with the 2X to make a 6 minutes total time. Fun :cheers:
In my 6:58 lap I had two 3 second penalty and a few mistakes but it is so hard to get 2 clean laps in, the AI got to be in the right place at the right time to get a good race time and offcourse you got to drive as well, good luck Kossie đź‘Ť.

Back