A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 134 comments
@Kossie Thank you!! Best of luck to you always and stay safe out there good buddy!!
Well I hit more walls then you thats for sure :P

Anyway why you dont take a serious lap at the tt event at mount? Or you just did it? I meet players on the open lobby and they are faster then me on the mount with racing soft tires. I think they al can make 1:53 laps there. you too.

Well I hit more walls then you thats for sure :P

Anyway why you dont take a serious lap at the tt event at mount? Or you just did it? I meet players on the open lobby and they are faster then me on the mount with racing soft tires. I think they al can make 1:53 laps there. you too.
@Kossie I will give tt a shot and get back with you. Racing against the clock/qualifying was not my thing for the first few years of my 33 years racing. I was a lousy qualifier. Derek Bell who won Le Mans five times mentored me on this and corrected my lack of focus by giving me a mental image of a race car in front of me.

The one thing I hate about this race is when you go pass the leader on the straight and they catch you in no time, I had a enough of this race and I will do the other 2 events because they are mor fun.

Any suggestions about what expensive to buy with all these great tips & tunes you
great racers, drivers & crew chiefs put up here, where & How do I spend the 20,000,000I get almost everyday?
At 1/2 billion earned so far.
Love the game, just started playing 6 months ago, nice stress relief, fun.

@whySOSerious funny thing when a human tells you to respect AI computer players and then attacks a real human (me) by calling me boy and threatening to ban me. I'm sure people appreciate knowing they can get an extra 400k for use in other actually competitive modes in the game. Just seeing you're other posts now and man I think you need to take a step back, you just take everything a little too seriously if you know what I mean lol

You are so wrong on so many levels it's hard even to answer.

Cheating is cheating, doesn't matter the opponent. You think the chess players, when have computer opponents, start moving the pieces in circles only because there are no barriers? Is funny how you fail to understand, accept and respect the rules like everybody else here, showing joy instead of remorse.

NOT cheating is mental, emotional and character strength, qualities that will make any individual a winner in the long term. Watch this kid, listen to his instructor and learn my friend. Is about NOT avoiding pain in order to succeed.

By cheating, any individual is mentally and emotionally less than a child.

You speak about threats where are no threats, about attacks where are no attacks. You mention the AI's (Artificial Intelligence's) where is no such a thing. If you call those opponents AI's, you don't know what intelligence is, and you insult yours.

Nobody here can ban you from PSN, but anyone can ask, like users did a month ago here - 700PP Racing car Super Lap: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

While you believe I take everything a little too seriously (wrong again on so many levels) you seem to think everything is just a joke. Problem is not you cheating, my friend. You can do that silently, enjoying it with other cheaters.

Problem is when you take pride doing it, like cheating is a shiny medal on your chest. That is disturbing.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Is this deserving of a four second penalty?

4 Second Penalty.jpg

The GT by Citroen (679 PP) can win, even with a four second penalty and using a quick tune.

GT By Citroen Sarthe Standings.jpg

GTR Concept Race Car - ever see those YouTube vids of those crazy 1000+ HP GTR's? That's what this car is, and she's probably my favourite car in the game. Just awesome throttle induced oversteer and almost no understeer. The 7 speed tranny just adds to the glory. She comes with nitrous and has a unique engine note.. what more could you want!!! Don't forget to see the glitch near the end of the vid. No penalty in that corner which helped me get the win. Enjoy :)

Rigidity No and Oil Yes (rigidity will give you more stability but less drifty and fun)

65/65
min/12.5
1/1
1/1
6/7
0/0
0/-.04

Trans: Reset to default -> Final Gear 3.735 -> Set max speed to min -> Final Gear 2.000
1 - 4.263
2 - 3.236
3 - 2.556
4 - 2.085
5 - 1.758
6 - 1.532
7 - 1.325

5 / 10 / 15
Full Power
500/610 Dforce and 0 Ballast

Impressive! Would you have won without cutting the last chicane? Is it as easy as winning with the 905?

@MidnightRun85 Thank you for your compliment on my driving. The Sauber is one of the great Le Mans racecars that ever raced at the Sarthe and very easy to drive.:)
Care to share your tune? I've been running the Peskie Judd and I hate driving that thing. It's twitchy and I keep missing turn-ins with it for some reason. I ran the BMW V12 LM and found it MUCH easier to drive, but slower overall. Still haven't won this damned race. Circuit de la Sarthe is just not my type of circuit!

Care to share your tune? I've been running the Peskie Judd and I hate driving that thing. It's twitchy and I keep missing turn-ins with it for some reason. I ran the BMW V12 LM and found it MUCH easier to drive, but slower overall. Still haven't won this damned race. Circuit de la Sarthe is just not my type of circuit!
@MidnightRun85 Roger that. I will have it for you end of day EST.

Any suggestions about what expensive to buy with all these great tips & tunes you
great racers, drivers & crew chiefs put up here, where & How do I spend the 20,000,000I get almost everyday?
Hi @Tennisguru,
Welcome to GT Planet and GT6. Whether you prefer to drive your cars stock or tuned, the tuning garages mentioned near the top of the first page are an excellent way to choose which cars to buy. Two of my favorites are Exeter GT tuning and Priano. Priano also has a tuning app. If you see a car you like, try to find a tune for it before buying it. The tunes posted in the seasonal threads are also excellent. Try the cars stock and tuned, some cars are excellent with no tune. :gtpflag:

Being a fan of the original Mazda 787B (my previous money maker), thought I'd give the stock stealth version a run. Well, that was disastrous!! Lmao Stayed in last the whole time as I watched the gap between myself and every car grow the whole race. I did manage to grab eleventh place on my second run.....barely. Granted, I just started GT6 not long ago, don't have a ton of time to play, and am very very unfamiliar with this track, but the car handling was beyond horrendous out of the box. Tried the tune by Praiano, as a quick fix, with a few mods to the LSD to dial it in a bit more for my style of driving, and noticed an immediate improvement (7th place), with much less effort. Probably could have done better, but really don't know that course at all, and still felt the car needed some more tuning to get it more stable and improve top speed, without playing with the tranny yet. Played with the suspension and brakes a bit and that significantly improved the handling some more. On my next run, got third place with the second car not too far ahead! And the ride was much more stable. Going to tweak the suspension and brakes a bit more and maybe see if the weight balance needs some adjustment to tame the car some more (currently no ballast with distribution at 49:51), as it's still a bit too loose and unpredictable on braking. Once I get that done, I'll use less traction control, which I think I have set at three currently for tuning purposes to tame this thing. With any luck, I'll get gold in a couple more runs and have a decently tuned Stealth 787B to show for it! On a side note, want to thank all you guys (and ladies) for all the information you provide, as it has been of immense help to me with these seasonal events!

If you've earned nearly a half billion credits so far surely you must own nearly every car in the game by now??

If you've earned nearly a half billion credits so far surely you must own nearly every car in the game by now??
Maybe not, I am close to a billion earned and I only own about 600. Of course I have spent a lot of credits tuning, buying cars for the colors, racing outfits, etc. Many ways to blow GT6 money :D When I get close to the 50 million limit, I buy another 20 million credit car and put it in the stockyard. Why, I don't know, I just don't want any of my pretend money disappearing.:sly:

@EricB71 I have won legitimately with that car so yes. I was pulling 3:09 laps with the 905B, and 3:25's with the GTR so no not nearly as easy, but more fun and challenging.

@whySOSerious So everything I say is wrong eh? That makes you a bigot in your own right. Respect people opions man. So what if I don't take this event seriously. Just look at how much you get set off by me cutting a corner against a computer yet you call me childish! I do however take other modes in the game much more seriously when I have time on my hands, such as the recent Monaco and Nurburgring TT's. So just let me play how I want to play and let people express themselves freely

Last edited:
@EricB71 I have won legitimately with that car so yes. I was pulling 3:09 laps with the 905B, and 3:25's with the GTR so no not nearly as easy, but more fun and challenging.

@whySOSerious Thanks for putting me on the same page as modders and hackers, that is how you ruin someones reputation and it seems you are keen on suggesting it for cutting one corner in a race against computers. Are you going to remember every race you did on this event a month from now, a year from now, ten years from now? Probably not, as we've done so so many over time, so I just do it for fun and to earn credits. So you're right I don't take this event seriously. I do however take other modes in the game much more seriously when I have time on my hands, such as the recent Monaco and Nurburgring TT's. So just let me play how I want to play and let people express themselves freely
I've seen your times accomplished on TT's, so I viewed the cut corner as a point of interest only, because of your drifting through most of the corners and my observations of how penalties have been assessed in this seasonal. Since I like to try many different cars in seasonals, and since I'm not the best driver, I make mistakes. I do always try to keep two tires inside the white lines and avoid contact with other cars. But, I have misjudged the chicanes before the finish line and have always gotten penalized. At other locations I have been penalized for putting a tire on a curb on one lap but not another. Go figure :boggled:

@TripleE63 From what I see you get a corner cut penalty if both your front and rear wheel cross the line/kerb. If you have oversteer you can cut the corner much more and not get a penalty (hence the rear wheel does not cross). The last corner glitch worked for me actually only one time, and it involved getting a penalty in the chicane before it.

Also I noticed that draft works even when straddling (or drafting) half of the car in front. So when you get closer and are ready to make your pass start straddling the car so you can draft all the way to his bumper.. that way you can do less of a swerve to avoid hitting him and retain more speed.

One thing I really like about GT6 is that you can win with different driving styles. I watched how hotsaucer drifted through the turns and thought to myself... No way I can drive like that! So.... I decided to try out the GT-R Concept Race Car and see what I can do. Our driving styles are polar opposites! :lol: I did a quick tune and the car was way too tight and the gearing was off, but still ended up with a win. I decided to upload the video of my "too tight" GT-R as a comparison.

GT-R Concept Race Car Sarthe Standings.jpg

Hi @Tennisguru,
Welcome to GT Planet and GT6. Whether you prefer to drive your cars stock or tuned, the tuning garages mentioned near the top of the first page are an excellent way to choose which cars to buy. Two of my favorites are Exeter GT tuning and Priano. Priano also has a tuning app. If you see a car you like, try to find a tune for it before buying it. The tunes posted in the seasonal threads are also excellent. Try the cars stock and tuned, some cars are excellent with no tune. :gtpflag:
Thanks for the tips, very appreciated.
I am doing about the same, buy $20 most expensive ect...
I'll try your variation.
Game is a Blast & you guys are cool & almost egoless as comaped to the
insane bitter mean spirtited golfers I play with on HSG servers, not chillin like here.

Another fave, the Honda HSV-010. Reminds me of a baby F1 car, the high downforce and super high revving engine. Similar style of car to the GTR concept but not quite as fast. It makes for a really challenging race here! An no cheating this time ;)

I do however take other modes in the game much more seriously when I have time on my hands, such as the recent Monaco and Nurburgring TT's. So just let me play how I want to play and let people express themselves freely
I've seen your times accomplished on TT's.

Agreed. @hotsaucer regularly appears high on the TT leader boards so his skill level is little questioned.

There is nothing wrong in having fun with a game (or whatever variation you may call this), they are meant to be fun.

@MidnightRun85 My tune for the Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9
Parts
High RPM Turbo
Oil change
PP 700 957 HP
Suspension
70/70
20.20/23.00
6/8
8/8
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.00
BB
0/2
Max Speed 249
1. 2.747
2. 1.680
3. 1.150
4. 0.838
5. 0.649
Final Gear 4.100
LSD 5/7/10
Power Limiter 81.5
DownForce
600/850
If you need any other help running at Le Mans please let me know here or off line and I can help you!!

Last edited:
@whySOSerious So everything I say is wrong eh? That makes you a bigot in your own right. Respect people opions man. So what if I don't take this event seriously. Just look at how much you get set off by me cutting a corner against a computer yet you call me childish! I do however take other modes in the game much more seriously when I have time on my hands, such as the recent Monaco and Nurburgring TT's. So just let me play how I want to play and let people express themselves freely

Let me use some of your terms, and maybe you understand better - This is not from a human to another human my friend, this is from a human to a cheater, and that makes you special.

I know, I am a bigot, I am the one to suppress people opinions, and I am the one to spoil your reputation (like you mentioned before you edited your answer). It never occurred to you how we've only seen your video and you were the one to take pride in cutting the chicane/cheating, but is always someone else's fault for your questionable free choices.

You missed something important -

NOT cheating is mental, emotional and character strength, qualities that will make any individual a winner in the long term.

- so, by cheating, you show mental and emotional weakness.

My friend, nobody here can stop you from playing the way you want, and all the members are expressing themselves as freely as GTP's AUP allows's it.

I need to remind you how members of these forums have a problem with cheaters and cheating, like you show in that video.

And please, stop playing the victim here, because is ridiculous and I don't fell for that anymore. All you think is that cheating is clever, and subsequently, you and your cheating friends are clever. Really?

You can go and be clever, get the points, drift a little and win playing Pokemon. Who cares?

Last edited:
Is this deserving of a four second penalty?

View attachment 572814

The GT by Citroen (679 PP) can win, even with a four second penalty and using a quick tune.

View attachment 572815
Hi @DisabledRacer, inspired by your win, I took my GT out for a spin. I had attempted to tune it last time out, but it showed all it's weaknesses here at Le Mans. I managed to make it better, but despite numerous attempts, was unable to manage a podium finish. So, to you sir, I say well done yet again. If you can share any tips from your tune I would be grateful. :bowdown:

GTR Concept Race Car - ever see those YouTube vids of those crazy 1000+ HP GTR's? That's what this car is, and she's probably my favourite car in the game. Just awesome throttle induced oversteer and almost no understeer. The 7 speed tranny just adds to the glory. She comes with nitrous and has a unique engine note.. what more could you want!!! Don't forget to see the glitch near the end of the vid. No penalty in that corner which helped me get the win. Enjoy :)

Rigidity No and Oil Yes (rigidity will give you more stability but less drifty and fun)

65/65
min/12.5
1/1
1/1
6/7
0/0
0/-.04

Trans: Reset to default -> Final Gear 3.735 -> Set max speed to min -> Final Gear 2.000
1 - 4.263
2 - 3.236
3 - 2.556
4 - 2.085
5 - 1.758
6 - 1.532
7 - 1.325

5 / 10 / 15
Full Power
500/610 Dforce and 0 Ballast:tup:

@hotsaucer, this is an excellent tune:tup: A definite affirmative on the throttle induced oversteer. This also has one of the smoothest transmissions I've experienced. It is different than other tunes I'm used to, but I like it. Better drivers than me could certainly win with this. :)

@MidnightRun85 My tune for the Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9
Parts
High RPM Turbo
Oil change
PP 700 957 HP
Suspension
70/70
20.20/23.00
6/8
8/8
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.00
BB
0/2
Max Speed 249
1. 2.747
2. 1.680
3. 1.150
4. 0.838
5. 0.649
Final Gear 4.100
LSD 5/7/10
Power Limiter 81.5
DownForce
600/850
If you need any other help running at Le Mans please let me know here or off line and I can help you!!
Thanks! I will definitely try that out!

I managed a win last night (finally!) with the Peski Hybride. I found that I had the brake sensitivity too high (37) and I was understeering too much, so I pulled that down to 26 so I still had a fairly balanced braking behaviour on the straights and more responsive steering at lower speeds. I still didn't race incredibly well, but I snuck past the leading Peski at the final chicane (and I mean THE final chicane) and squeezed a 0.7s win. More practice in this hellish place and I'm sure I win comfortably.

I also tweaked the downforce (increased slightly front and rear to 425/725) and modified the final gear so it cranks to 423kph with a draft. Insane really...

Hi @DisabledRacer, inspired by your win, I took my GT out for a spin. I had attempted to tune it last time out, but it showed all it's weaknesses here at Le Mans. I managed to make it better, but despite numerous attempts, was unable to manage a podium finish. So, to you sir, I say well done yet again. If you can share any tips from your tune I would be grateful. :bowdown:

Do you use a wheel? I use a wheel and most of the time my tunes are quick tunes.... I spend less than 5 minutes on them. I race a few turns and tweak and repeat if needed. My tune is nothing special....Its more about technique for me For this seasonal I tune for braking/cornering stability and drafting. The AI is really slow in a few turns, so I "try" and out-brake and corner them through stability. I can post my tune if you still want it... Just don't expect anything great from it! :lol:

Latest Posts

Back