A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 230 comments
I'm not sure what you guys are doing, but I cant seem to pass 1 car the entire race. And on top of that when i pull next to an AI car, it runs me off the track. What gives, seriously having a hard time on the expert level race, when usually I'm in first by the end of the first lap.

I feel your pain. Might be a good idea to check out a tune from the Tuning section hopefully tuned for the required PP. That might give you an extra boost.
Don't worry too much though, the pros from here will soon post up some good tunes and recommended cars soon enough. There's already at least one suggested already from what I've seen. The tuned cars do make a difference.

I'm not sure what you guys are doing, but I cant seem to pass 1 car the entire race. And on top of that when i pull next to an AI car, it runs me off the track. What gives, seriously having a hard time on the expert level race, when usually I'm in first by the end of the first lap.
Try this tune below, I won by almost 30 seconds :).

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12

600PP
648 BHP
900kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
85/85
16.85/17.00
4/4
4/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
-0.20/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
8/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 2.600
Set max speed Slider all the way left
1st 6.725
2nd 4.827
3rd 3.930
4th 3.280
5th 2.770
6th 2.355
Set final gear to 2.000

FC LSD
12/11/5

Set power limiter to 88.5%

Downforce
F/R
600/840

I actually kind of IS compared to expert races in the past. Using a priaino tuned TS030 I'm in 2nd place, 3 secs behind the winner. I'll get there before the end of the day. Wasnt that easy for me but its been slowly whittlling down, 4th, 3rd, 2nd... chipping away from 20 secs down.

From my playback videos, I think the Chap 2D is in with a chance too.

I feel your pain. Might be a good idea to check out a tune from the Tuning section hopefully tuned for the required PP. That might give you an extra boost.
Don't worry too much though, the pros from here will soon post up some good tunes and recommended cars soon enough. There's already at least one suggested already from what I've seen. The tuned cars do make a difference.
Cool, I think I'll wait for the tunes to come out. Thanks for info man.....

Try this tune below, I won by almost 30 seconds :).

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12

600PP
648 BHP
900kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
85/85
16.85/17.00
4/4
4/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
-0.20/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
8/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 2.600
Set max speed Slider all the way left
1st 6.725
2nd 4.827
3rd 3.930
4th 3.280
5th 2.770
6th 2.355
Set final gear to 2.000

FC LSD
12/11/5

Set power limiter to 88.5%

Downforce
F/R
600/840
So I bought the car, but haven't had a chance to tune it. Just from the shake down, I could already tell this is gonna be a fast one.....

Yeah the TS030 is unusually fast when on the battery. When its off the battery is can feel a big sluggish.

So I bought the car, but haven't had a chance to tune it. Just from the shake down, I could already tell this is gonna be a fast one.....
I hope it suits your driving style, and if not just make some minor changes to your liking 👍.

Tried out a few random cars against the easier fields and got wins with the ABT Audi TT-R, Bentley Speed 8, Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car and the Mazda Furai. I'm pretty sure the Furai can beat the TS030, but you most likely would have to run a near perfect race and have a damn good tune to make up for its lack of top speed.

Furai Grand Valley Standings.jpg FTO Super Touring Car Grand Valley Standings.jpg
Speed 8 Grand Valley Standings.jpg ABT Audi TT-R Grand Valley Standings.jpg

GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 against the McLaren F1 GTR is fun. Used the Mazda LM55 Vision to go against the stronger rabbits.

hmmm that sounds weired.
maybe you check the standard driving options set to the event... often there is something like TC5 set to one car or something.

What car do you use by the way ?

your a bit right, the race starts with a great gap to the next car on the track but at least in the first esses or at least in the first hairpin you should be close to them or passed them.
in the end the last 1 or 2 oponents are a bit agressive thats right, just try to stay "inside" through the corners.

else ... practice :)

I did the race with several cars.
my first choice was a HSV with the tuning fomr the Nürburgring TT. the gears has to be a lot shorter but with autocompletion set to 280kmh it was ok. Had a bit luck with the setup (no TS0303, no Audi r18) but won it anyway.

Also the FTO Touringcar (that one you can win with the event) was a valid choice. Its a bit harder to get it smooth round the corners due to the understeering 4WD behavior.

At least i took the TS030 aswell. With the Batteryboost it has an extraordinary accelaration out of the corners and i did the hole thing with a 8.59 and a great gap to the following R18. This one is a bit lame with the right setup but if one has issues to win the event its the right choice in my opinion

Anyone have any luck with the golden oldies like the Jag XJ13 or Ferrari P4 330? or the Mines R34? Too slow?

Anyone have any luck with the golden oldies like the Jag XJ13 or Ferrari P4 330? or the Mines R34? Too slow?

I tried both. Love those cars but most I could have managed with a fight was 9th place.
Gonna try Fordlaser's Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 later. I expect to do much better with it.

There's a battery indicator on the left bottom corner. When you brake you fill up the battery. The car automatically dumps the battery to the wheels giving you more power but it doesnt last long. It can be a HEAP of power when its full... I can get the car completely powersliding sideways if the battery is full.

If the battery is empty the car feels slow to me. Obviously this system works well on a track like Monaco, not so good on Monza.

I'm running 950kg and ~500hp (I like the bit extra hp over the weight). Stock at 600pp is 468hp at 900kg.

Honda Mobil 1 NSX 2001, the prize car from intermediate event. Standard tune, 9th place. No LMPs on the grid. 561pp with 484bhp and 1,150kg.

Only loosened the LSD and 2-3 seconds a lap faster. Still barely getting within 25 seconds of the leader. All the LM GT cars accelerate away and turn in early, making clean passes extremely tough. (Must go around outside and drive next straight off the racing line.)

Set all the camber and toe to 0, raised front downforce 50 points, made the gearing nice and close then tried again. (561pp.)

Wow, not far off! Just 4.5 seconds behind the winners at the end. Saw them at the last corner. Consistently 1m47s with a 1m46s on the last lap as I didn't have to make an overtake.

The AI definitely swerve to the inside in braking zones when you are shaping up for a move. They seemed to have ironed out some of the bad habits of the AI in recent races but this one has turned up the aggression a little.

With even a moderate bit more tuning a win should be pretty easy - and without resorting to any turbo.

EDIT: With an oil change and softer springs, won by 0.143s. Passing with a great run in slipstream out of final turn. That extra bit of front downforce is essential to carrying enough speed onto the straights. Zonda R was the fastest car, no LMPs.

Final lap was 1m45s by myself.

Honda Mobil 1 NSX 2001
Stats
508bhp

Suspension
65 60
13.0 14.5
4 4
4 4
6 6
0 0
0 0

Brakes
5 5

Gearbox
Max: 200km/h
1: 3.300
2: 2.425
3: 1.950
4: 1.650
5: 1.400
6: 1.225
Final: 3.750

Gearbox (for slipstream)
Max: 200km/h
1: 3.300
2: 2.450
3: 2.000
4: 1.675
5: 1.425
6: 1.225
Final: 3.625

Differential
5 9 5 (needs a lot of throttle feathering in slow corners)

Differential (DS3 noob proof)
5 8 5 (much easier to control - got the win)

Power
Oil change
No power parts

Downforce
250 450 (front +50, rear standard)
No ballast

EDIT2: Updated tune, win by 2.5 seconds over Zonda R. Now to try a grid with LMPs. :nervous:

Last edited:
Back