A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 212 comments
I did it with the Mazda LM55 Vision car, it took me 3 restarts to get used to the track. Can't remember who's tune i used though. When I get home I'll check and edit this post, my best lap was a 1:16/ 1:17 without active steering and I had tc and abs set at 1.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 30
Just curious if anyone manages to win using a non-lmp1 nor vgt car? For example, is McLaren f1 or zonda lm a possible win?

Just curious if anyone manages to win using a non-lmp1 nor vgt car? For example, is McLaren f1 or zonda lm a possible win?
i tryed a RedBull "junior" . but its no fun at all. You can stay in contact with the pack but on each straight all of them "fly away" from you ...
And i think there is no sense of trying anything weight over 1000kg no matter how much power you wont have enough straight to use it i guess

a forgotten: you should have less air drag than a frisbe :D

i tryed a RedBull "junior" . but its no fun at all. You can stay in contact with the pack but on each straight all of them "fly away" from you ...
And i think there is no sense of trying anything weight over 1000kg no matter how much power you wont have enough straight to use it i guess
Yes, I tried the redbull junior as well. It corners much better than the lmp, but just does not have enough torque to accelerate with the others. In the end, it only betters the delta wing!

Yes, I tried the redbull junior as well. It corners much better than the lmp, but just does not have enough torque to accelerate with the others. In the end, it only betters the delta wing!
Ah yes the delta wing ... didnt take this one as serious :D
Its the only one i managed to overtake aswell

did you think of the Gillet Vertigo Race Car. i dont know if this one is permitted here but i think i have a try with it
Has great potential the Gillet

Last edited:
Every 650/700 PP race car can win this :cheers:. Not every car wins easy but with some practice there is much possible.

I did it with the Mazda LM55 Vision car, it took me 3 restarts to get used to the track. Can't remember who's tune i used though. When I get home I'll check and edit this post, my best lap was a 1:16/ 1:17 without active steering and I had tc and abs set at 1.

Waiting to see your tune for this car.

Interesting car, that Chapparal. First time driving it. Kinda have to get used to it. Took me a few tries to win it.

Brilliant driving line and apexing, McClarenDesign. It's amazing that you are touching the edge of the track always before entering the corners (right thing to do)!

Incidentally, I notice that your down shifting is very gradual, as opposed to the machine gun type spit fire of the Ai. Any reason for that? Does it help to maintain cornering speed?

A close win with a "vehicle" that only a bored person would try!

View attachment 515936 View attachment 515937
Awesome picture and nice win Disabled Racer. :cheers: I always enjoy seeing what you will come up with in the online challenges.👍 I like the Monster Sport cars and they have a good cockpit view. I have never been able to come up with a good tune however. Would you be willing to share yours?:)

Last edited:
couldnt do it with the 908 HDI from Peugeot. its handling is good but in the end I'm missing a hundred KW i think.

couldnt get it faster the 8:22 ... and that was not enough.

compared to the ride with a R92CP i had nearly exactly them same cornerspeed but the R92CP was about 10 kph faster on each straight in avarage.
Taking the lead in the middle of round 5.

at leas i will try the Sauber C9. this one should be compareable to the R92CP or even the 787.

Last edited:
Well I've tried several different cars in this event to come in 2nd every time. My original 2J has 1,000 miles on it and was showing chassis degradation so I used this event with the 2X to buy a brand new 2J. What a difference it made on the handling. I put the @praiano63 Chris Speed tune and was able to win the event by a little over 1 sec. The lead car was the Toyota 7. The more I run this track I believe I'm very close to a win with either the LM55 or the C60 Hybrid. I'll post pictures when I win with those 2.

Well I've tried several different cars in this event to come in 2nd every time. My original 2J has 1,000 miles on it and was showing chassis degradation so I used this event with the 2X to buy a brand new 2J. What a difference it made on the handling. I put the @praiano63 Chris Speed tune and was able to win the event by a little over 1 sec. The lead car was the Toyota 7. The more I run this track I believe I'm very close to a win with either the LM55 or the C60 Hybrid. I'll post pictures when I win with those 2.
If you made it in the 2J you definitively can win it with both LM55 or C60.
I would also recommend the 787B (am i the only one who loves it ?) or even a R92CP. Sauber C9 is very fast also but tom me a little more aggressiv.

couldnt do it with the 908 HDI from Peugeot. its handling is good but in the end I'm missing a hundred KW i think.

couldnt get it faster the 8:22 ... and that was not enough.

compared to the ride with a R92CP i had nearly exactly them same cornerspeed but the R92CP was about 10 kph faster on each straight in avarage.
Taking the lead in the middle of round 5.

at leas i will try the Sauber C9. this one should be compareable to the R92CP or even the 787.
Used the base 908 with tune by oinksnork (can be found in tuning database) and managed to win fairly comfortably. Nonetheless, still prefer the BMW lmr v12 with your tune. BMW cornering is more predictable.

Used the base 908 with tune by oinksnork (can be found in tuning database) and managed to win fairly comfortably. Nonetheless, still prefer the BMW lmr v12 with your tune. BMW cornering is more predictable.
found it there. Thanks.
Will use it as orientation but i will not use camber in any way. The rest looks valuable.
i give it another try tonight

Latest Posts

Back