A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 212 comments
Brought out the 905 and added Praiano's tune...great car and setup. Got Gold on first try by 3.8 seconds even with a slight excursion into the grass. Good tune.

Not a bad tune. Ran a couple times with it but most I could muster with this was 3rd.

Cracked it. Used the Peskie Hybride. Used a modified @praiano63 tune, mixed with diff settings by @skeagracing and my own (fairly useless!) gearbox settings for a narrow 0.5s win. Overran the first corner three times, ran wide on the second-to-last corner on all but two laps, and my fastest lap was a 1:18. But I passed the Nissan R92CP on the second straight on the final lap and held on to take victory at the Bull Ring, at long last!

Next plan is to try out a bunch of LM racers here and get a better knowledge of this track, simple as it is! Has anyone here run the Zonda LM in this race??

:bowdown: all those running sub-1:15s here!

Cracked it. Used the Peskie Hybride. Used a modified @praiano63 tune, mixed with diff settings by @skeagracing and my own (fairly useless!) gearbox settings for a narrow 0.5s win. Overran the first corner three times, ran wide on the second-to-last corner on all but two laps, and my fastest lap was a 1:18. But I passed the Nissan R92CP on the second straight on the final lap and held on to take victory at the Bull Ring, at long last!

Next plan is to try out a bunch of LM racers here and get a better knowledge of this track, simple as it is! Has anyone here run the Zonda LM in this race??

:bowdown: all those running sub-1:15s here!
my only sub 1.15 was in a 2X as i remember ... maybe aswell in 2J but they both dont count for being "cheats" :D

I tried a HSV pushed to 66x PP but they're to heavy for me to get fast. Cornerspeed is ok but there is a lack of acceleration you cant compansite. your (me was) 15-25 kph behind on every straight.

I dont know which options the Zonda has for reducing weight, maybe i give a try when i'm at home

I'm afraid its a Power/Weight Ratio thing after all.
The Pesca has a over 0.5 Kw/Kg Ratio the 787B for example has a over 0.7 ratio (stock)
A Zonda on the other hand has a stock ratio of only 0.43 and more drag as both others. this is gonna be hard i think.

Don't forget traction. The 2X is basically jet powered so it has no problem. The LM55 and Peugeot VGT just rocket out of the hairpins so they have a huge advantage here also. I was surprised to be making roughly the same lap times with Hybride and Peugeot. Hybride corners much better but traction out of the slow corners cost time. If this was a different track will fewer slow corners I think Hybride would be knocking on 2X's bumper for best time.

tryed a Zonda. Noway for me. best i could get was 5th or 4th with a lap of 1.20. low. tryed several times but didnt improve much on learning the car on the track.
Next i tryed the Vertigo Race Car. This one should be much more faster but somehow i didnt get much out of it. A 5th place with 1.20 high was all i could do with it ... maybe I'm doing something totally wrong with those cars... maybe they're just not made for me :)

Good luck for your trys

Maybe those cars are just uncompetitive.

You cant readily expect those GTE type production racing cars to compete with GT Prototypes.

Currently practicing with my new T300RS in the Peugeot 908 to get it into a more competitive feel where I'm comfortable with it. Obviously switching wheel doesn't help the comfort because I have to get used to it at the same time.

So far in test the Peugeot has proved to be wild as! But fast so far my fastest lap has been in the 1:17's but I'm still trying to get it to go faster! I'll take a break before I come back to challenge this event.

Fastest lap of 1:17.5 total time of 8:18:878
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Nobody tried The Mazda VGT ?
Easy winner i can garanty that,for me it was faster then the Pescarolo.
Could only win with those both cars for now.Gonna try the Sauber maybe with the tunes i've found in this thread.
My Audi R18 15th anniv wasn't a winner,only 4th after 6 laps.

Nobody tried The Mazda VGT ?
Easy winner i can garanty that,for me it was faster then the Pescarolo.
Could only win with those both cars for now.Gonna try the Sauber maybe with the tunes i've found in this thread.
My Audi R18 15th anniv wasn't a winner,only 4th after 6 laps.

Mazda VGT been tried. No joy. Comes up short.
Fastest two cars are the Chaparrals. Numero uno the very 2X and then the very 2J.
The 2X is clearly the fastest of the bunch. The 2J very fast too and quite a fun ride.
Both with offered tunes found in this thread.

Fastest two cars are the Chaparrals. Numero uno the very 2X and then the very 2J.
The 2X is clearly the fastest of the bunch. The 2J very fast too and quite a fun ride.

Mazda VGT is easy.

o7vyfa.jpg

So, I don't get it. Drove the heck out the MAzda LM55 and the best I can can so was 2nd place. Drove the Pescarolo and Took first place the easy way. What is that? Is the acceleration on the Pes. That much faster?

Go figure

@2cam16 This tune is for the Red Bull Ring
Sauber Mercedes C9

Suspension

BB

Transmission

Max Speed 224

1. 3.139

2. 1,962

3. 1,361

4. 1,003

5. 0.785

Final Gear 4.100

D.G

Power Limiter

Low RPM Turbo

Downforce

I just ran with this tune so give me a few hours and I will post the video with this tune. I passed for the win at the end of lap 5 start of lap 6.

Could win it easy with this one,thanks.

BMW V12 LMR ‘99

Suspension

BB

Transmission

Max Speed 236

Final Gear 4.200

1-3.077

2-1.988

3-1.416

4-1.061

5-0.836

6-0.693

DG 7,7,7

Power 100%

Downforce

High RPM Turbo

BMW V12 LMR '99. Cockpit race. Tune by me. No aids. PP 698. Fast laps 1:16/1:17. Pass for the win on lap 5 at Schlossgold. Winning margin 05.552.

BMW V12 LMR ‘99

Suspension

BB

Transmission

Max Speed 236

Final Gear 4.200

1-3.077

2-1.988

3-1.416

4-1.061

5-0.836

6-0.693

DG 7,7,7

Power 100%

Downforce

High RPM Turbo

BMW V12 LMR '99. Cockpit race. Tune by me. No aids. PP 698. Fast laps 1:16/1:17. Pass for the win on lap 5 at Schlossgold. Winning margin 05.552.

Nice driving. One of my favourite race cars in the game, and I hadn't even thought of entering it into this event!

Nice driving. One of my favourite race cars in the game, and I hadn't even thought of entering it into this event!

I found that if at turn 2 you stay far left and then turn sharply right and over the curbing and unto the other side of the curbing on the other side and then let the steering wheel unwind left gently you will gain lots of speed coming out of that corner. Also if at the last two corners before the straightaway you take the first corner again far left and then go so fast for the last corner that you run over the curbing and over you will gain tremendous speed to the start/finish line and beyond.

So, I don't get it. Drove the heck out the MAzda LM55 and the best I can can so was 2nd place. Drove the Pescarolo and Took first place the easy way. What is that? Is the acceleration on the Pes. That much faster?

Go figure

The Mazda is one of the fastest and best handling cars in the 600 - 700PP seasonal events. First lap was mid 1:15 and the rest of the laps were mid 1:14. Took the lead near the end of lap 3 and lapped the Deltawing on the last lap.
Used @shaunm80 tune.

IMG_0740.JPG

Yeah but the Chaparral brothers both still cuts its tail.

You sound like a broken record. This post was to show that the Mazda is more than capable of easily winning this event.
What are your lap and race times with the two Chaparral cars?

You sound like a broken record. This post was to show that the Mazda is more than capable of easily winning this event.
What are your lap and race times with the two Chaparral cars?

Touché. I know.

As for my lap and race times with the Chaparral brothers I honestly can't recall right now but they were much faster with the Chaparrals than the Mazda or any other cars hands down.

Back