A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 212 comments
Nothing beats the Chaparral 2X bro.
Even underpowered it beats them all easily. Fact.

With the Pesca I drive my best race, Making 1.13/1.14 laps. With the chappie I can do it to but I think the Pesca is nicer to drive. No fact for sure. The Pescarolo feels better for me.

Do you drift with the 2X? I've managed to come 6th but I'm struggling to get a higher place. It spins out too easily if I try to handbrake or if I clip the grass.

I drift into corners with most cars for a faster turn. Depends on the corner of course. Got to time it just at the right time though. Works for me.
The MR cars, especially the Chaparral 2X with their sharp cornering abilities to me are well suited to such.

How do you drive it then? People are talking as if it's impossible to lose with the 2X... I find it difficult to win!
I find it if you brake late and turn you will not have a problem with it, you have to have a good control of the 2x in the corners.

Here's another link for a 2J tune. http://praianogt6tunes.blogspot.com.br/2013/12/chaparral-2j-special-chriss-tune-70.html This is the link to Praiano's tune for the 2J that I have used forever from 600-700 PP. In case anyone would like to give it a go. I've not run this race yet with my new 2J. The other one had close to 1k miles on it and the chassis had degraded. I'm going to try it out in the next day or so.

Edit: Just ran the race with new 2J with @hall90 tune. It's as close to perfect right out of the box. I usually end up tweaking here and there but @hall90 tune just fill in the numbers and go win the race. I averaged 1:15 laps, had a mid 1:14 and a terrible 1:20 on the first lap. It was a blast to drive so well done @hall90.👍👍

Attachments

• 20160220_203715.jpg
    20160220_203715.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Here's another link for a 2J tune. http://praianogt6tunes.blogspot.com.br/2013/12/chaparral-2j-special-chriss-tune-70.html This is the link to Praiano's tune for the 2J that I have used forever from 600-700 PP. In case anyone would like to give it a go. I've not run this race yet with my new 2J. The other one had close to 1k miles on it and the chassis had degraded. I'm going to try it out in the next day or so.

Edit: Just ran the race with new 2J with @hall90 tune. It's as close to perfect right out of the box. I usually end up tweaking here and there but @hall90 tune just fill in the numbers and go win the race. I averaged 1:15 laps, had a mid 1:14 and a terrible 1:20 on the first lap. It was a blast to drive so well done @hall90.👍👍
Many thanks for that :cheers:.

Yup. Hall90's tune for the Chapparal 2J tuned for PP 700 seems to be the best so far for this car.
Besides its brother the Chaparral 2X which is still king of the rock this one is the next best and quite a fun ride too. Plus I get kicks every time I see the 2J with its unusual box shape and fans at the back of the car. Got quite an awesome roar too.
Hall90 take win. Cheers bro.

You know, it's really amazing what a good tune could do to make a difference.

Last edited:
Do you drift with the 2X? I've managed to come 6th but I'm struggling to get a higher place. It spins out too easily if I try to handbrake or if I clip the grass.
Yeah you just need to time those turn right. On the grass and you're off. I lifted early in some turns. Then when I felt comfortable with my speed and grip, I'd throttle it up on mid turn or exit.

Major edit:
I deleted this post because it was very misleading. This stupid old man did not realize that SRF was on by default when I did this race with all the cars. This fact made my post totally useless. Sorry.

Last edited:
I am at work but when I get home I will post it for you today. @MidnightRun85
SUS.
BB
Max.Speed 149
1 4.461
2 3.202
3 2.539
4 2.117
5 1.804
6 1.562
Final Gear 2.000
D.G. 7,7,7
Low RPM Turbo
Downforce

Settings for Pescarolo C60 Hybrid-Judd ’05. With this setting you can run 1:16,1;17 laps all day long. The trick is to make sure that the rear wheels are not spinning during throttle application. Best way to learn is right at the start of the race when the green flag drops. Apply the Throttle making sure that the rear wheels are not spinning. Same thing coming out of all the Red Bull Ring corners. Stay away from the corner strips as that will also slow you down big time. Go slow into the corners and come out fast always. Remember that the corners before all the straight’s are the most important. Always pass on the inside. Last the fastest laps are the one’s when you feel that everything around you is going in slow motion.
Look what you've done,you created a monster! Thanks for the tune mate, drives a treat

Tried a few cars for comparison..

Mazda LM55 1.16 won first try. Best handling car.
Peugeot 905B 1.17 Took 4 attempts to get the win after tuning.
Pescarolo C60 1.17 won first try. With tuning a lot of room for improvement.
Chaparral 2X 1.15 won first try but very poor handling.
Tried a few more cars.

Peugeot Vision Grand Turismo 1.17 Nice easy car to drive.
Audi RD10 TDi 1.18 Very lucky to win, underpowered in this event.
Mazda 787B Stealth 1.16 won first try and possibly the quickest car round this circuit with more tuning.

Wanted to know how well a GT car would do in this event. I spun once got the best 2nd position I've every had. Will keep tweaking the tune, I'm sure a win is possible.

Attachments

• IMG_0923.JPG
    IMG_0923.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 26
I tried that too with the same car. 2nd position was the maximum i could achieve and i was far from winning. And the leading Toyota got faster when i came closer.

I don't race this one as much as the Intermediate. But I have got wins with 2J, Hybride, LM55 and Peugeot VGT.

I only raced this challenge 4 times. First i ran the XJ13 and ended up last. Then I was 3rd in a Suzuki Escudo and i guess with the right setup it's possible to win with it. I won with the Pescarolo Peugeot. The last attempt was with the Stealth GTR GT500. I'm not sure if i could win with it, but i'm sure the aliens here will easily win.

here as promised:

Sauber Mecedes C9 '89:

SUS
72 68
18.85 19.50
5 4
7 4
6 6
0.0 0.0
-0.15 +0.30

BB
6 6

GBox
340 kph (autosetup)

LSD
10 30 15

Power
stock

DownForce
500 650

general setting
ABS 1, TC 1 SRF on, AS on (because my lack of steering ability ;) you may want to choose your own settings here ;) )

time about 1.17 if now one is in your way :)
This is another "safe" setup ... not the fastes by far but very stable on brakes and while pushing out of the corner. You can push full throttle early on the outline without a risk of spinning out.

enjoy !

@2cam16 This tune is for the Red Bull Ring
Sauber Mercedes C9

Suspension

BB

Transmission

Max Speed 224

1. 3.139

2. 1,962

3. 1,361

4. 1,003

5. 0.785

Final Gear 4.100

D.G

Power Limiter

Low RPM Turbo

Downforce

I just ran with this tune so give me a few hours and I will post the video with this tune. I passed for the win at the end of lap 5 start of lap 6.

Cheers for posting your tunes guys. I'm going to try these out later this week.

I only raced this challenge 4 times. First i ran the XJ13 and ended up last. Then I was 3rd in a Suzuki Escudo and i guess with the right setup it's possible to win with it. I won with the Pescarolo Peugeot. The last attempt was with the Stealth GTR GT500. I'm not sure if i could win with it, but i'm sure the aliens here will easily win.

I'm no godlike driver like some here but that sounds like an interesting challenge 👍 I will try it out once my T300RS arrives. The GT-R GT500 Stealth maxes out at 940hp weighing in at 1050kg so on paper (if it's possible to run those figures) it sounds like it should be able to win it.

I also need to try the Peugeot 908 that the randomiser chose.

Back