A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 98 comments
@coryclifford you are my ""inspiration"" as I just ran my BMW McLaren F! with my tune at PP660 and won by 09:888. this is one crazy race as the most I have ever won by was not more than a second. You are still the best at PP655 with "no tune" good buddy!! Bravo!! I did the beer trick just for fun too. :cheers:

Fun race this one and good for the bank balance. Not difficult by any means and easily achieveable with lots of different cars. The AI have definitely been on the booze, so funny to see them spinning off in to the sand. Been rammed out braked and blocked but it's just a laugh.

Credit bonus looking healthy, just wondering which 20m credit car to buy.

PP661 AMG Mercedes CLK. Cockpit race on replay view. Fast lap 1:59.716. Pass for the win over the Nissan R92CP at Courbe Paul Frere. He totally rammed into me at the chicane just before the end at the start finish line. Winning margin 01.663.

Last edited:
PP661 AMG Mercedes CLK. Cockpit race on replay view. Fast lap 1:59.716. Pass for the win over the Nissan R92CP at Courbe Paul Frere. He totally rammed into me at the chicane just before the end at the start finish line. Winning margin 01.663.

Why are your videos in purple ?.

Felt like I was running a different race to everyone else in this thread, could win with the TS030 on pace, but every attempt ended with the AI ramming me at 160+ mph while I was at the apex of a 2nd gear corner. Gave up with that idea and tried a stock 908, ran 2:00 laps in traffic and caught the Pescarolo on the run towards Blanchimont, he then straight lined the chicane, but I was already at the line. Not sure why I always seem to get the mad AI in the 700pp races.

Felt like I was running a different race to everyone else in this thread, could win with the TS030 on pace, but every attempt ended with the AI ramming me at 160+ mph while I was at the apex of a 2nd gear corner. Gave up with that idea and tried a stock 908, ran 2:00 laps in traffic and caught the Pescarolo on the run towards Blanchimont, he then straight lined the chicane, but I was already at the line. Not sure why I always seem to get the mad AI in the 700pp races.
I get them too good buddy and I think we all have been getting it from the AI.

Wow! Did it! Oil change on the car, though. 623 pp. Stock otherwise.

image.jpeg

That was so good I'm doing it again.

Last edited:
@Kossie what is a tjappie?
The 2X.

625 PP in stock Chaparall 2J is a good time! The car is just… unfair.

I got a win pic but who cares…

And Spa is great.

:D:tup:

My favorite car of all time. It's look like a old toaster but it drive so nice :bowdown:

Its weird, that car is almost 50 years old :dunce::dunce: It still destroy many modern race cars. The Formula 1 have also things from the 2J. Quote( The most unusual Chaparral was the 2J. On the chassis' sides bottom edges were articulated plastic skirts that sealed against the ground (a technology that would later appear in Formula One)
Is there a real working 2J on this planet that still racing?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info 👍 Yeah I know that there is a TS050 now. It was on the inside line last week.

:lol: The TSO30 had only five "not very significant victories" at Sao Paulo,Brazil,Oyama,Japan,Shanghai,China,Oyama, Japan and Sakhir, Baharain. It most signficant voctories are all in GT6.

2J got banned because anyone following it get pelted with dust, debris and rocks. It was also faster than the rest of the field too which made it a target, and McLaren led the charge on getting it banned. The fan concept reappeared in F1 8 years later, only to be banned mid season for the same reasons. They used to fire up the old 2J for Goodwood and other events but not really anymore. It's a shame we don't see innovation from the US and Canada like we used to, our manufacturing industries have been steadily outsourced.. nowadays people work at Mcdonalds or the equivalent **** job.

I always argued that it was BS that people were complaining about being pelted with debris. It happens anyways.

Put a car in the racing line and in reality, there's not much debris to be thrown out the back any more than a normal car would. In other words, excuses for losing.

I always argued that it was BS that people were complaining about being pelted with debris. It happens anyways.

Put a car in the racing line and in reality, there's not much debris to be thrown out the back any more than a normal car would. In other words, excuses for losing.
In my 32 years road racing the tracks are cleaned before the race so unless someone puts a wheel outside the white line and in the dirt then when possible and with great caution the corner workers do their best to brush the dirt off the track but that is not always possible. If not possible they can red flag the race to get it clean. At least that is how they do it in the SCCA.

Still rolling around with the TS030. Great challenge and the trick I found is to intentionally bump the opponents to make them take off and go super speed. Draft them. The speed difference is quite large.

The problem though is get rammed if you're not staring in the rear view mirror.

And cross your fingers and hope they go off track.

Awesome! Got a good group of cars allowing me to draft where I needed to.

image.jpeg

This is one of the better challenges I can think of lately. Unpredictable. Fast. Killer cars. Killer Spa. TS030 rules.

Edit: car is stock at 615 pp :)

Last edited:
I just tried this seasonal, was pretty easy with the 787B although I was falling asleep from boredom and accidentally hit a wall :scared:.

By the way...has anyone noticed that the game gives you a Furai as a prize with a selectable color when it CLEARLY doesn't let you paint it at all. (Maybe it's just me) :confused:

Back