A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 98 comments
I don't like driving the 2X, but I might give it a go. I really like the LM55, but can't seem to put it together. I've done several 1:55 1st laps, and a single 1:54, but for the entire race I keep averaging 1:56. Oh well.

LM552.jpg

Yeah, used the 2X and just finished inside the 10 minutes. 9.59.787, best lap a 1.51. Anyone else did it in less than 10 minutes?

I don't really like this car, but just tried it again after reading this, and it's not so bad. I'll see what I can do with it.

Edit. The 2X is exactly how I remember it; terrible. I will never learn how to drive this car, it's so counter-intuitive, giving grip way too early just by applying throttle. I hate it. Beyond that, I can't even finish a race with it. Grrr.

Anyway, 1:51 was my best lap as well, I know I had a 1:49 going, for sure, but killed it before I could finish, along with about 50 other great laps.

Kudos to you for finishing the race with it, and for the 9:59!

Best%20Lap.jpg

Last edited:
I don't really like this car, but just tried it again after reading this, and it's not so bad. I'll see what I can do with it.

Edit. The 2X is exactly how I remember it; terrible. I will never learn how to drive this car, it's so counter-intuitive, giving grip way too early just by applying throttle. I hate it. Beyond that, I can't even finish a race with it. Grrr.

Anyway, 1:51 was my best lap as well, I know I had a 1:49 going, for sure, but killed it before I could finish, along with about 50 other great laps.

Kudos to you for finishing the race with it, and for the 9:59!

Best%20Lap.jpg

I was just a hair faster with 1.51.528 but that was as fast as I could go and it was one lap the rest was above that. No way I'm able to go a 1.49. My tune is 600kg, power at 51.8% (from memory) and balance at 8. But congratulations to you UltimateLurker.

You guys running the Chappie 2X are keen! I finally got round to driving it - took it through the Like The Wind series to see if I could get used to it on some easy tracks - and it's just weird. It's blisteringly quick, don't get me wrong, but it's just plain weird. I can't see myself winning in it on Spa, unless I all of a sudden get some form of alien intelligence...

I was just a hair faster with 1.51.528 but that was as fast as I could go and it was one lap the rest was above that. No way I'm able to go a 1.49. My tune is 600kg, power at 51.8% (from memory) and balance at 8. But congratulations to you UltimateLurker.

I just grabbed the stock car. Congrats to you on the fantastic time sir :).

It's blisteringly quick, don't get me wrong, but it's just plain weird.

I agree, any car that you must use the brake and gas at the same time, all the while pulling you out of understeer is bad IMO, and I don't want to learn how to drive it.

I can't see myself winning in it on Spa, unless I all of a sudden get some form of alien intelligence...

I'm sure WhySoSerious and Doodle could pull 1:45 laps in the 2X, and some crazy 9:40 time. Maybe they won't see this. :D

WhySoSerious
WhySoSerious
WhySoSerious

Doodle
Doodle
Doodle

Let's see if Beetlejuice and Candy Man were right :gtpflag:

I'm honestly interested in how fast they can get this car 'round Spa, it's a pretty easy car to drive, as long as you can use the brake and gas at the same time (which I can't!). I'm betting 1:45 laps.

Look at G. Wexler and his fancy Sauber, is about to get lapped if you go on like that @coryclifford :D
I love the 2X and its holy ring of laser fire at the back end, but sub-10 is out of my reach. Just been trying the Gillet Vertigo - since we're in Belgium - and having a pretty hard time to drive five flawless laps in order to win.

Btw the Toyota GT-One suits too 👍

Driving the Chap 2X becomes a game of where can I floor it, and making sure I don't hit other cars. The rest is just, don't mess up and hold on tight!

The 9:49 is good. Should be a tough time to beat, but I'm sure it can be.

It was a difficult time to beat but I managed. A 9.46.912 with a best lap of 1.49.603, not always on the track but I didn't get any penalties so all is fair. Saved the replay for later use.

I can't use the lm55... The sound after a while gives me a killer headache. Fast car and looking for a tune to try. For the fun of it

OMG really? I love the sound! I wish they would get the sound right on the LFA, the exhaust sounds like music to me.
Yup. I love the sound of the LFA. Cars like the HSV-010 & the LM 55 have that super high pitch that after a while gives me a headache but I can do 5-6 laps before I have to stop.. weirdly the 787b don't bother me.
Edit: @purpdino is it me or does it sound like an angry popcorn popper?

Last edited:
Yup. I love the sound of the LFA. Cars like the HSV-010 & the LM 55 have that super high pitch that after a while gives me a headache but I can do 5-6 laps before I have to stop.. weirdly the 787b don't bother me.

You know, it's probably my TV. I have this huge TV, but no surround sound, and you can tell they wanted me to buy the surround because the stock speakers suck.

I like the varying sounds from each different car, but certain cars do wear you out faster it seems.

The GSX-R4 wears on me after a bit.

Agreed, it's a bit bright, and forgetful. But again, I don't really hear it correctly, so it could sound differently to those with a better speaker set up.

Solid 2:03 laps (ok, my first lap was 2:04,2xx) with the Toyota TS020 GT-One gave me the win with a margin of 8s to the Toyota Minolta 88C-V.

I noticed in my rear view mirror how the Mazda 787B went off, so I watched the replay following that car. Up until I overtook it under braking for the Bus stop chicane by the end of lap one, it ran smooth and fast, catching the Bentley Speed 8. But after my overtake, the rest of its race was just hilarious. Sandtraps, wallhugs, t-bones, overshot chicanes, driving outside the track! It didn't finish last somehow though. The Peugeot 908HDi FAP and the BMW LMR must have parked for some champagne and bratwurst somewhere.

Back