A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Sep 22, 2016.

1. OscarW

OscarW

Yeah, used the 2X and just finished inside the 10 minutes. 9.59.787, best lap a 1.51. Anyone else did it in less than 10 minutes?

2. wedjim

wedjim

1.51! Wow....I'm not even close. I might be able to eek out a 1.54 or so. Nice.

TripleE63 likes this.
  3. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I don't like driving the 2X, but I might give it a go. I really like the LM55, but can't seem to put it together. I've done several 1:55 1st laps, and a single 1:54, but for the entire race I keep averaging 1:56. Oh well.

[​IMG]

wedjim, TripleE63 and MidnightRun85 like this.
  4. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I don't really like this car, but just tried it again after reading this, and it's not so bad. I'll see what I can do with it.

Edit. The 2X is exactly how I remember it; terrible. I will never learn how to drive this car, it's so counter-intuitive, giving grip way too early just by applying throttle. I hate it. Beyond that, I can't even finish a race with it. Grrr.

Anyway, 1:51 was my best lap as well, I know I had a 1:49 going, for sure, but killed it before I could finish, along with about 50 other great laps.

Kudos to you for finishing the race with it, and for the 9:59!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  5. OscarW

OscarW

I was just a hair faster with 1.51.528 but that was as fast as I could go and it was one lap the rest was above that. No way I'm able to go a 1.49. My tune is 600kg, power at 51.8% (from memory) and balance at 8. But congratulations to you UltimateLurker.

6. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

You guys running the Chappie 2X are keen! I finally got round to driving it - took it through the Like The Wind series to see if I could get used to it on some easy tracks - and it's just weird. It's blisteringly quick, don't get me wrong, but it's just plain weird. I can't see myself winning in it on Spa, unless I all of a sudden get some form of alien intelligence...

wedjim and TripleE63 like this.
  7. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I just grabbed the stock car. Congrats to you on the fantastic time sir :).

I agree, any car that you must use the brake and gas at the same time, all the while pulling you out of understeer is bad IMO, and I don't want to learn how to drive it.

I'm sure WhySoSerious and Doodle could pull 1:45 laps in the 2X, and some crazy 9:40 time. Maybe they won't see this. :D

8. OscarW

OscarW

WhySoSerious
    WhySoSerious
    WhySoSerious

Doodle
    Doodle
    Doodle

Let's see if Beetlejuice and Candy Man were right :gtpflag:

wedjim likes this.
  9. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I'm honestly interested in how fast they can get this car 'round Spa, it's a pretty easy car to drive, as long as you can use the brake and gas at the same time (which I can't!). I'm betting 1:45 laps.

10. coryclifford

coryclifford

Starting off with these. They're two separate runs, though.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I completely blew it on the last lap in the end. Could be 1 sec up maybe? I mean, completely, and totally messed up.

:tup:

skeagracing, wedjim, MoparGTS and 4 others like this.
  11. coryclifford

coryclifford

Skipping ahead a little…

image.jpeg

:sly::tup:

skeagracing, wedjim, MoparGTS and 4 others like this.
  12. JR_Lebowski

JR_Lebowski

Look at G. Wexler and his fancy Sauber, is about to get lapped if you go on like that @coryclifford :D
    I love the 2X and its holy ring of laser fire at the back end, but sub-10 is out of my reach. Just been trying the Gillet Vertigo - since we're in Belgium - and having a pretty hard time to drive five flawless laps in order to win.

Btw the Toyota GT-One suits too :tup:

coryclifford likes this.
  13. coryclifford

coryclifford

Driving the Chap 2X becomes a game of where can I floor it, and making sure I don't hit other cars. The rest is just, don't mess up and hold on tight!

The 9:49 is good. Should be a tough time to beat, but I'm sure it can be.

14. OscarW

OscarW

It was a difficult time to beat but I managed. A 9.46.912 with a best lap of 1.49.603, not always on the track but I didn't get any penalties so all is fair. Saved the replay for later use.

15. coryclifford

coryclifford

Nice job! That's not fooling around.

I know my 9:49 had plenty of mistakes to realize that time can be beaten by a bit of time. You certainly did that! Again, nice job. :tup:

(Got a couple in my pocket :mischievous:)

TripleE63 and skeagracing like this.
  16. JR_Lebowski

JR_Lebowski

This was a fun drive.
    Think I shoveled an R8 into the trees and during some period a DeltaWing might have been stuck on to my wing :D

IMG_1718.jpg

MoparGTS and wedjim like this.
  17. Pilotfur

Pilotfur

Easy gold with the C60 Hybride using this tune. Got some two minute laps and a 1:58

18. GT40 MKII

GT40 MKII

I can't use the lm55... The sound after a while gives me a killer headache. Fast car and looking for a tune to try. For the fun of it

19. purpdino

purpdino

I can't stand the 2x. The flashing lights are enough to give me a seizure.

20. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

OMG really? I love the sound! I wish they would get the sound right on the LFA, the exhaust sounds like music to me.

TripleE63 and wedjim like this.
  21. GT40 MKII

GT40 MKII

Yup. I love the sound of the LFA. Cars like the HSV-010 & the LM 55 have that super high pitch that after a while gives me a headache but I can do 5-6 laps before I have to stop.. weirdly the 787b don't bother me.
    Edit: @purpdino is it me or does it sound like an angry popcorn popper?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  22. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

You know, it's probably my TV. I have this huge TV, but no surround sound, and you can tell they wanted me to buy the surround because the stock speakers suck.

wedjim and TripleE63 like this.
  23. wedjim

wedjim

I like the varying sounds from each different car, but certain cars do wear you out faster it seems.

The GSX-R4 wears on me after a bit.

24. Kipper_34

Kipper_34

MoparGTS likes this.
  25. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

Agreed, it's a bit bright, and forgetful. But again, I don't really hear it correctly, so it could sound differently to those with a better speaker set up.

wedjim likes this.
  26. Mt. Lynx

Mt. Lynx Premium

Solid 2:03 laps (ok, my first lap was 2:04,2xx) with the Toyota TS020 GT-One gave me the win with a margin of 8s to the Toyota Minolta 88C-V.

I noticed in my rear view mirror how the Mazda 787B went off, so I watched the replay following that car. Up until I overtook it under braking for the Bus stop chicane by the end of lap one, it ran smooth and fast, catching the Bentley Speed 8. But after my overtake, the rest of its race was just hilarious. Sandtraps, wallhugs, t-bones, overshot chicanes, driving outside the track! It didn't finish last somehow though. The Peugeot 908HDi FAP and the BMW LMR must have parked for some champagne and bratwurst somewhere.

27. skeagracing

skeagracing

PP676 BMW McLaren F1. Fast lap 2:00.958. Winning margin over the Pescarolo C60 01.001. Pass for the win on lap 5 at Blanchimont. The BMW McLaren F1 is one amazing race car to win at PP676 over the Pescarolo C60 and the rest of this field. I have a great tune if anybody is interested.

28. hotsaucer

hotsaucer

With the 2X a 1:45 is a perfect lap, I was able to get mid 1:46's without any corner cutting. If I get a 1:45 I'll upload it.

29. skeagracing

skeagracing

One perfect lap for sure!! Congrats!! Would love to see a 1:45.

TripleE63 likes this.
  30. coryclifford

coryclifford

A starting to get worn in/out 655 PP Chaparral 2J works. Stock settings. Down from stock 663 PP. Has about 6000 km or 3757 miles on the odometer.

image.jpeg

TripleE63 likes this.