A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 98 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

A-spec #45 Expert Level Racing Car Challenge @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.png

A-spec [#45] Expert Level Racing Car Challenge @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Start a long 37 secs behind the leader. AI sloppy and go off regular, but looks like you need 2:03-2:04 laps to catch the rabbit. Mild penalties.

AI are all over the track in this one! The Sauber went into the first turn and missed his braking point by about 15 feet early, and hit the wall! :dunce: The hardest part of this race is "trying" to avoid the AI and run a clean race. The Bentley got me a clean win. My slowest lap was lap 5, due to "trying" to avoid the maniac Minolta driver who goes wide in nearly every corner.

Sauber Wall Spa.jpg
Speed 8 Spa Standings.jpg

Hi,

what @purpdino says. No challenge at all with the Pescarolo. I think I give this seasonal a few tries with lower pp cars. Love the track.

D.

Edit: first attempt with the BMW Z4 GT3. A lot of fun fighting the opponents. But once I overtake them they ram me from behind in the next corner. Maybe they are deeply offended being overtaken by a GT3 :odd:

More to come :)

IMG_20160922_210137.jpg

Last edited:
905B, took three tries since it was a new one and the tune needed to be set, did that with a couple partial races.

Best lap was my 5th a 2.01.7xx. Won by 5 seconds, but what was weird is the rabbit was long gone and I didn't think I'd catch him with 2/3 lap left, he drove off into the sand and I made up the 5 second lead he had and left him in the dust.

Kind of sad all three seasonals were basically won with 1 complete race each...already.

Another disappointing seasonal race, gold on first attempt with C60. No effort at all by the designers, all they had to do was run the race the opposite way round and it would have been far more interesting.

Had two runs in the Peugeot and ended up with a 3rd at best. Didn't feel it was quick enough on the straights so I jumped into the BMW V12 LMP. Messed up a couple corners on the first run, then got an easy win on the second run.

Looking forward to running this again in other cars. One of my favourite tracks, and with some decent competition! Not a fan of the Peugeot 905 which seems to ram you in the corners and still brake in time to turn properly while you go flying off into the barriers...

Two attempts in the Mazda LM55 , lost a 6 second lead first time after crashing at Blanchimont on last lap and ended up fifth, took my time to avoid errors next time and won easily in under 11 minutes, best lap was a 2m01.xxx, theres a sub 2 minute lap in there.
Like most of the expert levels, they are quite straight forward if you run error free.

Two attempts in the Mazda LM55 , lost a 6 second lead first time after crashing at Blanchimont on last lap and ended up fifth, took my time to avoid errors next time and won easily in under 11 minutes, best lap was a 2m01.xxx, theres a sub 2 minute lap in there.
Like most of the expert levels, they are quite straight forward if you run error free.
Sub 2's is quite solid. I was getting 2:01-2:03's on my winning race. 2:05's in the Peugeot...

Sub 2's is quite solid. I was getting 2:01-2:03's on my winning race. 2:05's in the Peugeot...
yeah, it was a tune by @Otaliema for an event at Silverstone, the adage slow down to go faster seemed to work, 4x4's usually have me crunching the brakes and mashing the accelerator at almost every turn, but this one's pretty sweet, justmhad to let the car do its thing without fighting it 👍

I found I'm losing too much speed on the left-hander after the hairpin at the top of the hill, and I need more practice on La Source.

MR I found to be easier too. Just need to feather the throttle a little more. 4WD you can be trigger happy and get away with it but you lose time and speed.

Used a C60 Hybride with a tune I found for a le Sarthe time trial and won. Yet it was a fight all the way to the last corner but I have to say I loved it! Only thing tho.. the corners come up REALLY FAST and the straights seemed to suddenly get real short real quick. Minor wheelspin and the car kinda wanted to wiggle the back end out but to me that added to the fun factor of it all.

Had two runs in the Peugeot and ended up with a 3rd at best. Didn't feel it was quick enough on the straights so I jumped into the BMW V12 LMP. Messed up a couple corners on the first run, then got an easy win on the second run.

Looking forward to running this again in other cars. One of my favourite tracks, and with some decent competition! Not a fan of the Peugeot 905 which seems to ram you in the corners and still brake in time to turn properly while you go flying off into the barriers...

Yes, the BMW V12 is surprisingly suited for the Spa. It was phenomenally stable and fast in the first few uphill turns. In fact, I managed to use the uphill turns to overtake a number of cars! A word of caution is one needs to dial down the acceleration differential to below 10, otherwise you will be spinning at various corner exits.

The good turn in and rotation of the car also enables it to take the few hairpins with ease.

Another fun thing to try is to tempt the AIs to outbrake you and then happily see them in the sand box!

Yes, the BMW V12 is surprisingly suited for the Spa. It was phenomenally stable and fast in the first few uphill turns. In fact, I managed to use the uphill turns to overtake a number of cars! A word of caution is one needs to dial down the acceleration differential to below 10, otherwise you will be spinning at various corner exits.

The good turn in and rotation of the car also enables it to take the few hairpins with ease.

Another fun thing to try is to tempt the AIs to outbrake you and then happily see them in the sand box!
It was fun when the Minolta went by me on lap 5 to outbrake me and into the sand trap.:cheers:

Also happens to be one of my favourite race cars of all time. :D Pity it sounds pretty crap in the game.

Anybody else think the A.I. are completely insane? I did another run last night wanted to see if I could without any penalties and had the 787b cut across the last corner of the track before the straight and zip off like nothing happened... Oh and the v12lmr come flying past me spinning in a cloud of smoke

Yeah the Mazda is great, but 10:18 wow...

This event is pretty easy with the Mazda, the Pescarolo, Minolta, Chaparral 2J and I guess all other 680-710 PP cars like Speed 8, the 905B Evo, the R89C etc. Easy money grabber, in the last lap the AI cars all screw up, except for mister K. Oneill.

Actually, the seasonal event @ Apricot Hill is insanely easy. The AI cars are almost parking and waiting if you slow down on purpose.

Last edited:
I tried with the TS030, but even though it out cornered them all, it couldn't hang on the straights. Best lap of 2.03.xxx, wasn't good enough. So brought out the trusty magnetic pulse car and laid down some 1.57's and that did the trick.

I had a couple of incidents where the A.I. Cars couldn't make the bus stop after the long straight and they wiped me out as I exited and they flew thru the turn sideways into me, then into the gravel after....crazy stuff. Spun me out and into the inside wall.

This one is a bit out of control.

First and second place gifted me the win by over shooting turn one and I was able to win by a 6sec margin.

Last edited:
Back