A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 220 comments
Thanks for saying so! I'm pretty sure I started off with a @GhostRider65 tune, so if you like, try that out and go from there...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/lamborghini-nomad-diablo-gt-1-00.1602/

I usually zero out both camber and toe, as I'm usually faster without any. I make minor adjustments here and there for my personal driving style, but he is a great tuner... give him a try!

Cheers

Thanks Baron. I avoid tunes that change the stock power or weight of a race car, as I prefer to race them with realistic performance even if it means they're slower - yes, I'm completely irrational, to the point of OCD :crazy: :lol:

From memory my setup has softer springs and ARBs than that tune but stiffer shocks and more downforce. I think my diff settings are near enough identical 👍 I also found that running more toe-in at the rear (around 0.6 IIRC) helps with traction. I'm with you on camber though, you lose more in the braking and acceleration zones than you gain in the corners.

Typically running laps in the 1:47s if the traffic is favourable.

Haven't done that yet, I think.

image.jpeg

Whoops, forgot the end result picture.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if even the fastest aliens could beat the TS030 with the Stratos... calling @TRL_Andromeda, do you think it's possible???
Cheers

I would need to be 4 seconds a lap quicker than I already am to theoretically catch A. David and win. I tried very hard in the Stratos and there's not a whole lot left in it I think. Also I am usually within the +1 second range of Immortal in TT's to put it into perspective. It is highly unikely anyone could do it but maybe with AS strong and old oil it could be done who knows

Could you give the specs of the diff? I already maxed out the aero and had the tranny at 300 clicks.

I'm at 6/12/5. Try 5/11/5 and if that's fine, increase it until it's causing issues on exit while flooring it. It's only a click or two from too much for me.

And do the basic trans flip. This car likes super short gears because all the real power is at the very top.

I'm at 6/12/5. Try 5/11/5 and if that's fine, increase it until it's causing issues on exit while flooring it. It's only a click or two from too much for me.

And do the basic trans flip. This car likes super short gears because all the real power is at the very top.

@coryclifford would you mind also giving me/us some hints for suspension?

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Won a race with the 2J managing a time of 9:00.556 - so close :banghead:,
then tried the TS030 but only have best laps of 1:40, not good enough :confused:

Will try again tomorrow anyway :D

Just for the record, the race I won with the Stratos did not include the TS030. As I mentioned...

Not every race has A. David in it.

With the Stratos, I've beaten the slower of the fast rabbits (of this A-Spec race) like the Camaro TC, R35 GT3, etc. In my second try at it, the 2 fast rabbits were the Pagani Zonda (which I did beat) but I couldn't catch the GTR Concept LM (which won that race). @hotsaucer is faster than I am, so I was hoping that the tune I used, might help him beat the GTR Concept.

I'm not sure if even the fastest aliens could beat the TS030 with the Stratos... calling @TRL_Andromeda, do you think it's possible???

Cheers
I think if anyone can do it possibly Skeagracing could do it

Dunno about that @Amilton, @hotsaucer is a top 20 guy and @Baron Blitz Red is no slouch either.

@coryclifford would you mind also giving me/us some hints for suspension?

The basic, go fast time trial set up.

80/80 (little high for curbs)
14.01/14.92
1/1
1/1
3/3
0/0
0/0

At this point you'll be a click away from what you like. Adjust either aero or the differential. I brake a little more softly for longer to get full battery charge when I can.

When @hotsaucer said he was 4 sec off I thought no way in hell, as me and him are pretty equally matched.
But yeah, it can be done...

View attachment 638980

In my heart of hearts, I was hoping my fellow Canuck was showing a car that couldn't do it... but I've seen you and other TRL members pull off some other worldly feats. That's why I called out... thanks for taking on the challenge!!!

:bowdown:

EDIT:

Dunno about that @Amilton, @hotsaucer is a top 20 guy and @Baron Blitz Red is no slouch either.

Thank you very much for saying that @coryclifford !!! Means tonnes!!!

Cheers

Last edited:

The basic, go fast time trial set up.

80/80 (little high for curbs)
14.01/14.92
1/1
1/1
3/3
0/0
0/0

At this point you'll be a click away from what you like. Adjust either aero or the differential. I brake a little more softly for longer to get full battery charge when I can.

Thank you very much, will try it tomorrow :cheers:

Edit: 8:58.730 in my first try, against a very poor field, with Ford GT LM RaceCar as 'rabbit' 16.5s behind. Best Lap a 1:39.099. Let's see tomorrow if A.David/TS030 can slow me down :D

Last edited:

Thanks for the info, broke the 9 minutes with a 8:56.6 and haven't done the trans flip yet. And it was against the dreaded A. David in a TS030. Going to look at your suspension settings next, thumbs up to you :gtpflag:

When @hotsaucer said he was 4 sec off I thought no way in hell, as me and him are pretty equally matched.
But yeah, it can be done...

View attachment 638980

That's a crazy time, how the hell did you do it? I tried again and couldn't get better than a 1:47.0 lap so I'm like 15 seconds total slower lol

You should have done the snow rally TT a lil while back you would've killed it

That's a crazy time, how the hell did you do it? I tried again and couldn't get better than a 1:47.0 lap so I'm like 15 seconds total slower lol

You should have done the snow rally TT a lil while back you would've killed it
Basically turn on SRF and put on a setup that allows you to grab it by the back of the neck and throw it into corners. :)
That can make any car go absurdly fast.
AS just made the car act strange so I left that off.

I did do that snow TT, I ended 14'th, it was indeed a pretty fun one, but I'm not really much of a rally guy tbh...
I left about 6-8 tenth in it. Because I got frustrated by the bump on the back straight and gave up. Oh how many times I smashed the first part just to get it destroyed by random jump generator. :irked:

Last edited:
Word. Trans flip transforms the car into a super booster. Utilize the battery power is key to speed. If David isn't in the line up, it becomes much more of a "clean passes, then time trial" event.

As the diff settings worked like a charm, could you give the gear ratios as i've never done a trans flip. First the final gear goes to the right and the max speed goes to the left as i understand but than i'm lost.

TS030 transmission

Leave final gear alone
Move max speed all the way left
Final 2.750

I use manual gear change. Not sure if auto will go into 1st at tight right. I stay in 2nd.

And I've been asked by a few for a 2J tune so here's that one. The thing is, this is a dirty oil car and I have 499 hp. Not sure what it'll be on a fresh car.

55/55
7.74/11.74
1/1
1/1
1/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5

Trans
Move max speed full left
Final 2.960
LSD at 5/8/5
79 kg at 0 position (900 kg total)
Limit power to hit 600pp

Move weight around to fit your style. 👍

Last edited:
TS030 transmission

Leave final gear alone
Move max speed all the way left
Final 2.750

I use manual gear change. Not sure if auto will go into 1st at tight right. I stay in 2nd.

And I've been asked by a few for a 2J tune so here's that one. The thing is, this is a dirty oil car and I have 499 hp. Not sure what it'll be on a fresh car.

55/55
7.74/11.74
1/1
1/1
1/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5

Trans
Move max speed full left
Final 2.960
LSD at 5/8/5
79 kg at 0 position (900 kg total)
Limit power to hit 600pp

Move weight around to fit your style. 👍

Thanks a lot, i'm certainly going to try the 2J tune after the trans flip. 👍👍👍

👍

2J will be a pushy piece of poop compared to the TS030. But, once you get used to it, and float it through corners instead of hammer it, it's pretty darn fast. Let the vacuum machine do its thing. Could probably change final gear a bit too…

Oh and get on the gas early.

Last edited:
Agree on the 2J, brake early, roll through the corner, and get on the gas earlier that you think. I thought it was easier than the TS030. I used Praiano's tune on the 2J, maybe that's why :P:tup:

Back