• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 220 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

A-spec #51 Expert Level Racing Car Challenge @ Grand Valley Speedway.png
A-spec [#51] Expert Level Racing Car Challenge @ Grand Valley Speedway.jpg

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Gold medal time here back in GT5 was a 1:52 for 600PP RH, but you'll need 1:48s if the McLaren is the rabbit with a long 40 sec headstart. Nice event, don't need the 2J or TS030 detuned to meet the bracket.
Thank you for the heads-up.

I didn't want to use a LMP type car so I went with a favorite from the Way-Back-Machine the GTR Concept LM. The rabbit in my race was a Ford GT. I caught him on the last lap in the 2nd tunnel and almost blew it going through the esses right before the straight to the finish line. MOV was 0.163 because of my mess through the esses. I love Grand Valley and will be grinding this one with as many different cars as I have without resorting to a LMP car. I believe the tune is one of @praiano63 since I've had this car since 2014.

Edit: Forgot to mention this was my 2nd attempt. I used the Audi RMS Ultra and finished 2nd some 12 seconds behind the TS030. I knew I had to change cars after my first race.

Attachments

• 20170309_182659.jpg
    20170309_182659.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
This race was much more easier than I expected. Finished it the first try with a HSV-010. The difficulty of these events varies too much every time since sometimes it extremely hard and sometimes its very easy.

Gold medal time here back in GT5 was a 1:52 for 600PP RH, but you'll need 1:48s if the McLaren is the rabbit with a long 40 sec headstart. Nice event, don't need the 2J or TS030 detuned to meet the bracket.

The first race (this time around) was with the McLaren as the rabbit, and I used the Mazda Furai for the win. Definitely out corners the F1 in the AI's hands, but it catches up quickly on the home straight. A close win by only 0.3xx!

Cheers

Tried three times in the RX-7 touring car, third, second, second. Just didn't have the legs to close the gap enough. Maybe another lap and it would have been another story. So I jumped in the TS030 and blitzed the field, even with some fairly poor driving on the first lap. Best lap time 1:42!
Had a go in the Autech GT-R after that and found that nice and easy to drive to victory. Very balanced and stable.

Yes it's another overdramatized video, Ride onboard on the last lap with me! Rotary Power 👍

That was crazy fun to watch!!
I would really like to see the rest of your set up for the wheel though, it looked like it doesn't move around almost at all. very stable, I've been thinking about building a rig of my own.
I'm also a Rotary power fan, and RX8 owner!!

Back