A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 220 comments
Yep, hope you feel better @DisabledRacer 👍

Took a stock Nissan GT-R LM Nismo for a few spins. Not exactly easy against David. Gross was no problem. Power limiter at 66.5%, no TCS or otherwise, ABS 1… as usual. Pretty easy to kill the front tires.

image.jpeg

20 seconds slower than the 2J… :crazy:

Thanks! I start physical therapy (again) next week with a guy who is also a personal trainer who has worked with me in the past. He pushes me to my limits. I may be in too much pain to race for a month or so.. :D
Stick with it buddy. I'll be rehabbing my shoulder and rotator cuff for another year at least. We'll both be better for having done it, and I'm sure you'll be even faster. :scared: :cheers:

I saw the Lister Storm mentioned a few pages ago.... And after a few tries....I remember why I hate that car so much! I used to have a CDL license and some of those crane trucks I drove had a better turning radius than the Lister Storm!

distribution.jpg

Ridiculous setup I used. Max front toe-out, -14 rear toe, max ride height, max downforce, max dampers, (both) max brakes, max anti-roll bars, etc... I really am a lousy, backyard mechanic/tuner! :lol:

Lister Storm Grand Valley Standings.jpg

Tried another VGT car around here yesterday: the Subaru VIZIV GT. First run was diabolical. Best lap was a 1:53! Found it really unstable under heavy braking and kept losing traction on the rear end. So I gave it a quick tune, zeroed the camber settings and adjusted the toe settings, and managed to knock that lap time down to a 1:48! Pity the rest of the laps were poor, as I ended up second by just over a second. With some reasonable driving I think I could have beaten the SRT Viper out in front, but the car needs a bit more adjusting before I can gel with it and get some good lap times...

Finally did it with beatbox ever time beat A.David on the inside of final homestretch average lap times around 1.44.5++. Race time 9.24.070 beat A.David by a close margin of 0.096. Thanks for all your support all. With special thanks to

Skeagracing Thanks for believing in me. This one is for you man.

I thought I would the only one who wouldn't beat him before it expired but glad it's done now

Attachments

• IMG_5935.JPG
    IMG_5935.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 26
Finally did it with beatbox ever time beat A.David on the inside of final homestretch average lap times around 1.44.5++. Race time 9.24.070 beat A.David by a close margin of 0.096. Thanks for all your support all. With special thanks to

Skeagracing Thanks for believing in me. This one is for you man.

I thought I would the only one who wouldn't beat him before it expired but glad it's done now
Good work! @skeagracing is a legend!

Stock 20 million cars are fun until you drive the '69 Ford GT40. Ferrari, Jaguar and Ford Mk IV are alright. Probably tough against the TS030 but not a big deal against all the others.
Roger that on the '69 Ford GT40 as this race car is hard to control, period :cheers:. I think the rest of the race cars on your list will also have a hard time against the TS030 but not as hard to control as the Ford GT40. I agree no big deal against the rest. I won with the Ferrari but have not checked out the Jaguar or the Ford MK 1V. If I have time before this seasonal is over I will give them a look against the TS030.

Last edited:
R10 TDI Audi. Cockpit race. Tune by me. Clean race. No aids. P1 Toyota TS030 Hybrid. Pass for the win over the Toyota TS030 Hybrid on lap 5 at the last tunnel curve. Winning margin 00.820. Fast lap 1:43.901. First win by an Audi over the TS030.

Since i won with the Audi R18 TDI before, but not against the TS030, i thought to give it another shot. Tune by me, TC1 and ABS1. Unfortunately no clean race, bumped 3 cars and one wall :embarrassed:
Still passed the TS030 for the win on lap 5 at entry of first tunnel, while both lapping the Challenger "Race Car" :D - best lap was a 1:43.503.

R18 TDI 15th Anniv '11.jpg

Thanks @skeagracing for the Challenges :cheers:

I took my 540pp Stratos Rally car out and won... but the first field I saw wasn't the strongest. If you like, try out the tune I use.

Suspension:
RH: 95/100
SR: 9.30/12.80
DC: 6/4
DE: 4/6
AB: 5/5
CA: 0.0/0.0
TA: 0.00/0.00
BB: 5/4

Transmission:
FG: 5.000 (I think)
Max Speed to Min
1st: 3.272
2nd: 2.257
3rd: 1.665
4th: 1.296
5th: 1.053
FG: 3.375
Note: this will hit rev limiter on long home straight when in a draft, so adjust if you like.

Drivetrain: 11/25/8

Power:
100%
Stage 3 Engine
High Rpm Turbo

Body:
DF: 150/350
Ballast: 70@-50

This will get 540pp, 472hp, 331ft-lbs, 950kg's, 45/55 F/R weight dist., for a 2.01 kg/HP rating.

This setup I use to induce power sliding, and it is very stable when powering around switchback type corners. Use it to your advantage when you get used to it. Hope it helps someone out...

Cheers

I took my 540pp Stratos Rally car out and won... but the first field I saw wasn't the strongest. If you like, try out the tune I use.

Suspension:
RH: 95/100
SR: 9.30/12.80
DC: 6/4
DE: 4/6
AB: 5/5
CA: 0.0/0.0
TA: 0.00/0.00
BB: 5/4

Transmission:
FG: 5.000 (I think)
Max Speed to Min
1st: 3.272
2nd: 2.257
3rd: 1.665
4th: 1.296
5th: 1.053
FG: 3.375
Note: this will hit rev limiter on long home straight when in a draft, so adjust if you like.

Drivetrain: 11/25/8

Power:
100%
Stage 3 Engine
High Rpm Turbo

Body:
DF: 150/350
Ballast: 70@-50

This will get 540pp, 472hp, 331ft-lbs, 950kg's, 45/55 F/R weight dist., for a 2.01 kg/HP rating.

This setup I use to induce power sliding, and it is very stable when powering around switchback type corners. Use it to your advantage when you get used to it. Hope it helps someone out...

Cheers
You guys are good I can only beat A.David with my 2J beat him again with a time of 9.25.553 margin of .503 bumped him on the 2nd bend after the last tunnel I guess he wasn't happy

I tried to break the 9 minutes barrier on this one, came less than a tenth of a second short of it :banghead::yuck::grumpy:. Used the Toyota TS030 and raced against the same Toyota. Did anyone beat the 9 minutes?

You guys are good I can only beat A.David with my 2J beat him again with a time of 9.25.553 margin of .503 bumped him on the 2nd bend after the last tunnel I guess he wasn't happy

Just for the record, the race I won with the Stratos did not include the TS030. As I mentioned...

I took my 540pp Stratos Rally car out and won... but the first field I saw wasn't the strongest.

Not every race has A. David in it.

With the Stratos, I've beaten the slower of the fast rabbits (of this A-Spec race) like the Camaro TC, R35 GT3, etc. In my second try at it, the 2 fast rabbits were the Pagani Zonda (which I did beat) but I couldn't catch the GTR Concept LM (which won that race). @hotsaucer is faster than I am, so I was hoping that the tune I used, might help him beat the GTR Concept.

I'm not sure if even the fastest aliens could beat the TS030 with the Stratos... calling @TRL_Andromeda, do you think it's possible???

Cheers

Last edited:
Here's another vote for the Darling of the GT500 class, the Diablo...

Nice time with that Diablo. I had a couple of wins against weaker fields with it (nothing stronger than the Ford GT LM cars), using stock power and weight I'm ten seconds or so off the pace you're running. Took a little while to get it handling nicely but once you're there it has great traction and a sweet turn-in, it really works well around GV.

Nice time with that Diablo. I had a couple of wins against weaker fields with it (nothing stronger than the Ford GT LM cars), using stock power and weight I'm ten seconds or so off the pace you're running. Took a little while to get it handling nicely but once you're there it has great traction and a sweet turn-in, it really works well around GV.

Thanks for saying so! I'm pretty sure I started off with a @GhostRider65 tune, so if you like, try that out and go from there...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/lamborghini-nomad-diablo-gt-1-00.1602/

I usually zero out both camber and toe, as I'm usually faster without any. I make minor adjustments here and there for my personal driving style, but he is a great tuner... give him a try!

Cheers

Back