A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 189 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

A-spec #63 Expert Level Racing Car Challenge @ Red Bull Ring.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.
If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:
GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan
GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS
Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63
Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami
Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt
Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80
Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973
Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain
TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959
Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell
Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle
The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde
Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44
MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo
Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410
If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.
:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Yep, it seems so now. these events are getting almost 8 weeks of playtime.
I think we'll also see one last lot of TT & DT in two weeks which will also have the same end date as these.
Thank you sir, for all the hard work and diligence keeping these threads going. It has been a fun ride, and fun to check in even if I rarely posted.
Sad that PD have us such a lackluster set to finish up with, but they likely think these will be enjoyable.....:irked:
Not going to spend much time with these 👎

Anyway, your work has been greatly appreciated 👍

Yeah, thanks @nowcontrol, I always looked forward to simply reading what events were up.

I tried this once at 0345 before heading into work in a TS030 against the McLaren. Not too hard. Looking forward to trying other cars, then of course running up against the pretty quick A. David in his TS030. Too bad I don't like the track much, but I'll take it. Reading the comments from the last time thread is pretty fun.

I also disliked the track for a long time. But it is quite interesting as you can choose many different lines on the corners.
Thanks to coryclifford the setup for the TS030 is fine, only made some adjustments from the Nur setup.

Many cars to come for this event.

And another nice thing: the quick matches are working!

I can't get Affi David to show up in the TS030. I've tried ten times cycling through, raced one for a quick million, tried again ten times, etc., for almost 2 hours. Various cars.

I did way more tries to get David in the line up after I posted earlier. I pretty much wasted my night away trying. I think he's not going to show. But believe me, I hope someone gets him so I know he's in there somewhere. I started to think, maybe it has something to do with some sort of programming and luck of the draw, but because this event is running for 47 more days (now 46), that I just haven't gotten the right spin of the wheel yet.

It reminded me of the Used Car Dealership in GT5, which had certain cars programmed to only show after a certain amount of days elapsed.

I did way more tries to get David in the line up after I posted earlier. I pretty much wasted my night away trying. I think he's not going to show. But believe me, I hope someone gets him so I know he's in there somewhere. I started to think, maybe it has something to do with some sort of programming and luck of the draw, but because this event is running for 47 more days (now 46), that I just haven't gotten the right spin of the wheel yet.

It reminded me of the Used Car Dealership in GT5, which had certain cars programmed to only show after a certain amount of days elapsed.
Going to keep at it and if I do I will let you know:cheers:!!!!

Nice. With a tune on it, it gets to be super fast. A transmission flip helps a lot. Trail brake to make the most out of the battery recharging.
Didn't tune anything, just jumped in and drove, won by 21 seconds over the Ford GT. Will give it a crack with a tune tomorrow.👍

I did 40 more, I counted, and he's still not showed up.

Might be safe to say he's not here...
I did another 20 last night so I would have to say the same. Sad as he would be the only one that would give me a run at Red Bull.

Last edited:
I did it with Mazda 787B and Ferrari 330 P4 (ferrari fast lap 1:26.627). Tried some audis and nissans before, but without success.

Edit: One more, now with a Jaaaaaaag (by clarkson). Could be a best time.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-02-10 at 12.11.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-10 at 12.11.11.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 82
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-02-10 at 13.02.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-10 at 13.02.19.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Corvette Z06 LM, 2nd try because my tune can be really fast but can also have attitude if you hit the rumble strips wrong. Was on the GTs bumper too.

Last edited:
Cockpit race. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:23.957. Pass for the win on lap 4 over the McLaren F1 GTR BMW KaKusai UK Racing. Winning margin 08.120.

Last edited:
My race seems to have mirrored you guys.

I had the GTR 35 Black race car as the chase, the GT LM-Spec Black and the Citroen GT - the other cars were all road blocks but thankfully really bunched up.

Used the TS030 like everyone else took a while to get acclimatised to this again.

Odd car because you have too much power on exit due to the battery so you get oversteer but not enough power on the straights as mine only has 529hp with so much ballast onboard.

I swear the top three cars have more VMAX speed than me on the main straight.

I also pulled the final gear down to only 280km/h as you dont need it here.

Overall another fitting final race - at least it wasnt like Nurburgring Type 5 in the wet or something!

My race seems to have mirrored you guys.

I had the GTR 35 Black race car as the chase, the GT LM-Spec Black and the Citroen GT - the other cars were all road blocks but thankfully really bunched up.

Used the TS030 like everyone else took a while to get acclimatised to this again.

Odd car because you have too much power on exit due to the battery so you get oversteer but not enough power on the straights as mine only has 529hp with so much ballast onboard.

I swear the top three cars have more VMAX speed than me on the main straight.

I also pulled the final gear down to only 280km/h as you dont need it here.

Overall another fitting final race - at least it wasnt like Nurburgring Type 5 in the wet or something!
If your having trouble with over steering out of corners lower the torque and acceleration settings in the LSD, that should help.

David!!

IMG_5146_zpschetw3no.jpg

Okay, I'm kidding - that's from the last time we did this Seasonal. :embarrassed:

I did 40 more, I counted, and he's still not showed up.

Might be safe to say he's not here...

Has he really absconded?
If he does appear for anyone let us know what you did.
Did you sneeze? Say a magic word? Were you drinking a brewski? Keep a watch on what you are doing. Stay alert at all times for any sort of shenanigans. :sly:

Reading the comments from the last time thread is pretty fun.

Yeah, I checked and it brought back a lot of fun memories. I'm going to be sorry when these threads are done. It was a great ride and we had a wonderful group of racers in here; very enjoyable to join in, check the tunes, try out cars that were suggested, and so on.

:(

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-02-11 at 12.51.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-11 at 12.51.19.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 42
I had a few hiccups with this race, I won with an AUDI R10 TDI against the GT-R R35 Touring, but didnt got a nice time and forgot to take a photo.
But I got a much better race with the Zytec with stock suspension and a quick adjustment to te gearbox to make it peak at 270 kph
ZYTEC Z11SN 600pp
ZYTEC_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg
I like this car a lot, It behaves well with my driving style.
The Garaiya that I tweaked at the Nür event behaves oddly on this track, maybe because is not as bumpy :ouch:

Back