A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 189 comments
Sceagracing productions invites you to enjoy Austria ,everyday events at the Spielberg red bull ring promise you unforgettable moments . Take your cold sadwich and come to be filled with the stars of motor sport. Drinks are on the house. Special guest star from Italy will initiate you into the world of Skylines , and finaly you will be able to see monsters from the past ,some of them conquers of the dirt to justified theif fame.

Last edited:
Sceagracing productions invites you to enjoy Austria ,everyday events at the Spielberg red bull ring promise you unforgettable moments . Take your cold sadwich and come to be filled with the stars of motor sport. Drinks are on the house. Special guest star from Italy will initiate you into the world of Skylines , and finaly you will be able to see monsters from the past ,some of them conquers of the dirt to justified theif fame.
Not bad for a 74 years old with cracked corneas on both eyes:cheers:

Last edited:
i am running out of cars so if anybody has a car you guys would like me to try let me know. No
Japanese cars please as I am protesting GTS:censored:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
There is no much left cause the ebargo of japan territory , older muchle cars, perhaps some DTMs like Merc 190 but with the one you pick........God bless .@skeagracing productions ready to strike again , soon to a theater near you.

FR Festival:

Just for fun a miscellaneous of FR carmodels, tuned by me, 3 race for each...

#1863 RBREXP R600RH HKSGENKI04 R588RH 743287 20180323_194917.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH HS2000LMRC R565 735131 20180323_115843.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH LSTORMV1299 R600RH 745548 20180323_183027.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH TOYFT1VGT R600RH 133536 20180323_105514.jpg

Notes:
600PP - Toyota FT-1 VGT - very nice driving but lack of power; power down as needed, brakes 7/4 is the key
565PP - Honda S2000 LM Race Car - killer car in spite of low pp; maxed, very low rear dowforce is the key
588PP - HKS GENKI HYPER SILVIA RS2 '04 - surprising performance and driving; maxed
600PP - Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99 - pity that PD made a car with fully wrong GT1 specs, e.g. a GT1 should weight 1180/1200kg with full tank...

Fast Laps Summary (new in bold):
1:25.432 - Mazda BP FALKEN RX-7 '03 [1.65kg/cv]
1:26.123 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R33 Touring Car [1.73kg/cv]
1:26.125 - Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE GT-R '93 [1.72kg/cv]
1:26.498 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R32 Touring Car [1.70kg/cv]

1:26.612 - Toyota FT-1 VGT [-.--kg/cv]
1:26.630 - Honda S2000 LM Race Car [1.87kg/cv]

1:26.765 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R34 Touring Car [1.85kg/cv]
1:26.912 - Nissan FALKEN GT-R '04 [1.99kg/cv]
1.28.507 - HKS GENKI HYPER SILVIA RS2 '04 [1.84kg/cv]
1:29.208 - Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99 [2.06kg/cv]

More FR to come...

ciao

Last edited:
GT 6 alert :
Japan invasion in ..... Austria!!!!. According to well informed sources a man from Italy terrorizes the world of motor sport using equipment of Japan origin , is the second case this month after the American guy who remains free using equipment that people haven't been trained for , mostly from europe and from the other side of atlantic. The authorities caugth by suprise stating that are unadle to do something about it !!!
So...... we are on our own.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
GT 6 alert :
Japan invasion in ..... Austria!!!!. According to well informed sources a man from Italy terrorizes the world of motor sport using equipment of Japan origin , is the second case this month after the American guy who remains free using equipment that people haven't been trained for , mostly from europe and from the other side of atlantic. The authosities caugth by suprise stating that are unadle to do something about it !!!

Actually I worked 3 years in Tokyo... ;)

GT 6 alert :
Japan invasion in ..... Austria!!!!. According to well informed sources a man from Italy terrorizes the world of motor sport using equipment of Japan origin , is the second case this month after the American guy who remains free using equipment that people haven't been trained for , mostly from europe and from the other side of atlantic. The authorities caugth by suprise stating that are unadle to do something about it !!!
Way too funny:lol:!!!!

I expect this not to be my last post for this race.
Sticking with the AI underdogs/roadblocks:
I tried with the LISTER STORM. I didnt liked the car at all. Sure it has noice accel, but DAT oversteer spoils it all, and there is not much time left for me to invest, so I tested the next usual AI roadblock.
WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA 600pp
WOODONE_SUPRA_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg

Nice car, this was on the second try, with minor modifications.

I was thinking about the unavoidable date...
I was thinking about how now I do love the HSV-010, thanks to the @skeagracing 's suggestion...
I had not ran the WEIDER
WEIDER HSV-010 600pp
WEIDER_HSV010_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg

Such nice cars are the HSV's right?
So a base model HSV-010 it is!
HSV010_BASE_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg

I remembered why I hated the HSV-010, because of the base model, but why oh why is this thing behaving like a wild beast? Once you pass certain speed, its all good, but on low speeds (<130kph) it is a wild horse unless you are really careful with the acceleration.
Ok I must be doing something wrong. After 4 races doing several tests, only a 5/7 antiroll bar dealt with the situation, and just barely, because the inner rear wheel was spinning out like mad. But If I increase the LSD Acceleraton sensitivity , the car spuns out at the first opportunity it gets.
So I blatantly copied the RAYBRIG's Settings, all of them. The car still behaves wildly on low speeds.
It came to mind that the GARAIYA GT300 base model has the same problem.
So I tested with the ARTA GARAIYA at 600pp.
ARTA_GARAIYA_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg

No tailhappyness, no spins.

My only conclusion is that the base models lack something that the full fledged race cars have.
My prime suspect is that PD made them with a weaker LSD, as the Base HSV has the inner rear wheel on the red on acute curves while RAYBRIG nor the WEIDER have this problem, the ARTA drives well enough whil I had invested dozens of hours dealing with the GARAIYA GT300 Base model tailhappyness.
You may say: well the problem its you and your choice of control scheme, and you MAY be right, but consider this:
under the same parameters (driver, controller, and all the car's variables) being the same how do you explain that the Base cars have such oddly behaviour?
How much time I invested on the GARAIYA GT300 on the Nür seasonal, trying to tame a "defective" version of the ARTA GARAIYA. Man I'm salty.
UPDATE:
Check my latter post https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nge-red-bull-ring.374811/page-6#post-12260099
I was a wrong hypothesis, it was a 0 TC setting.

Last edited:
I expect this not to be my last post for this race.
Sticking with the AI underdogs/roadblocks:
I tried with the LISTER STORM. I didnt liked the car at all. Sure it has noice accel, but DAT oversteer spoils it all, and there is not much time left for me to invest, so I tested the next usual AI roadblock.
WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA 600pp
View attachment 724658
Nice car, this was on the second try, with minor modifications.

I was thinking about the unavoidable date...
I was thinking about how now I do love the HSV-010, thanks to the @skeagracing 's suggestion...
I had not ran the WEIDER
WEIDER HSV-010 600pp
View attachment 724657
Such nice cars are the HSV's right?
So a base model HSV-010 it is!
View attachment 724656
I remembered why I hated the HSV-010, because of the base model, but why oh why is this thing behaving like a wild beast? Once you pass certain speed, its all good, but on low speeds (<130kph) it is a wild horse unless you are really careful with the acceleration.
Ok I must be doing something wrong. After 4 races doing several tests, only a 5/7 antiroll bar dealt with the situation, and just barely, because the inner rear wheel was spinning out like mad. But If I increase the LSD Acceleraton sensitivity , the car spuns out at the first opportunity it gets.
So I blatantly copied the RAYBRIG's Settings, all of them. The car still behaves wildly on low speeds.
It came to mind that the GARAIYA GT300 base model has the same problem.
So I tested with the ARTA GARAIYA at 600pp.
View attachment 724655
No tailhappyness, no spins.

My only conclusion is that the base models lack something that the full fledged race cars have.
My prime suspect is that PD made them with a weaker LSD, as the Base HSV has the inner rear wheel on the red on acute curves while RAYBRIG nor the WEIDER have this problem, the ARTA drives well enough whil I had invested dozens of hours dealing with the GARAIYA GT300 Base model tailhappyness.
You may say: well the problem its you and your choice of control scheme, and you MAY be right, but consider this:
under the same parameters (driver, controller, and all the car's variables) being the same how do you explain that the Base cars have such oddly behaviour?
How much time I invested on the GARAIYA GT300 on the Nür seasonal, trying to tame a "defective" version of the ARTA GARAIYA. Man I'm salty.
Try lowering the ACC and TORQUE settings in the LSD and drop both of the anti roll bar settings. Drop both LSD settings to 5, then Just do one change at a time with the anti roll bar to find the sweet spot. Hope this helps

Try lowering the ACC and TORQUE settings in the LSD and drop both of the anti roll bar settings. Drop both LSD settings to 5, then Just do one change at a time with the anti roll bar to find the sweet spot. Hope this helps
Well, they were already at 5, something like 5/5/20.
Both base cars, the Garaiya and the HSV showed the same behaviour, they accel strongly even with those LSD settings, while the race versions, let it be ARTA, RAYBRING or WEIDER, dont. :confused:
Thanks for the suggestions tho':cool:

Well, they were already at 5, something like 5/5/20.
Both base cars, the Garaiya and the HSV showed the same behaviour, they accel strongly even with those LSD settings, while the race versions, let it be ARTA, RAYBRING or WEIDER, dont. :confused:
Thanks for the suggestions tho':cool:
The only thing I can think of then is maybe make your 1st and 2nd gear taller?

The only thing I can think of then is maybe make your 1st and 2nd gear taller?
I did copy all the settings from the RAYBRIG HSV 010 to the Base model, Transmission included.
I even checked the engine's graph against photos to see if they matched.
Every number is the same.
So, how come 2 cars behave differently having the same numbers?

I did copy all the settings from the RAYBRIG HSV 010 to the Base model, Transmission included.
I even checked the engine's graph against photos to see if they matched.
Every number is the same.
So, how come 2 cars behave differently having the same numbers?
Your guess is as good as mine mate?

Don't know how it works but maybe the data logger reveal what's going on and when.
Just a thought , don't know if is worth the trouble @ishikawa2501
It sure worth a look, but I'll have to leave that to another time, because Im farming credits while I can. Thanks for the suggestion

I ran both saw no difference so I posted the HSV Base Model with my paint job
@smoothbore12 FYI.....!
So, you saw no difference between the RAYBRIG and the Base Model HSV? The base has the same suspension settings as far as I remember. HMMM, Like I said, most probably Im doing something wrong :ouch:, or gotta recheck the TC settings, but I never touch that. Thanks for the information
UPDATE:
I checked everything again.

But I assumed that the TC was constant. I now checked and the TC for the Base Model was ZERO. But was not the TC setting a global one? That is, you adjust the TC and remains the same no matter changing cars? I´m confused.:confused:
Got the TC back to normal and problem solved, High 7:29 for my WEIDER and Base Model tests.
HSV010_BASE_REDBULL_600pp02.jpg
WEIDER_HSV010_REDBULL_600pp02.jpg

Last edited:
No it's not the same , notice that when you get a new car is always at 5 the TC . You have to set it again and every time you pick the same car is in the nuber you put it .

Around Honda HSV-10...

My cars utilized for Laguna Seca TT, 5 races for each model, abs1 only.

Summary:
1:22.892 - 7:15.201 - Honda KEIHIN HSV-010 '12 [600pp - FR/AN/50:50 - 1.83kg/cv]
1:23.063 - 7:16.272 - Honda WEIDER HSV-010 '11 [600pp - FR/T/50:50 - 1.88kg/cv]
1:23.094 - 7:15.445 - Honda RAYBRIG HSV-010 '12 [600pp - FR/AN/50:50 - 1.83kg/cv]
1.23.187 - 7:15.800 - Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 [600pp - FR/AN/50:50 - 1.83kg/cv]

In my opinion '12 models are identical, on the other hand '11 is different.
Therefore I tuned '12 by Eng Stage 3 and '11 by High Turbo.
Note that during the TT most of the leaders have used RAYBRIG...

#1863 RBREXP R600RH HSV11WEIDER R600RH 716272 20180326_111335.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH HSV12BASE R600RH 715800 20180316_113951.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH HSV12KEIHIN R600RH 715201 20180326_152842.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH HSV12RAYBRIG R600RH 715445 20180326_132110.jpg

Last edited:
No it's not the same , notice that when you get a new car is always at 5 the TC . You have to set it again and every time you pick the same car is in the nuber you put it .
How the zero TC reached my base Model then? Unsolved Mysteries theme plays on the background :D
A quick and dirty grinding because this is the last day :(
Some VGT's
PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo 600pp
PEUGEOT_VGT_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg
Locked Gearbox, very nice brakes

Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Car 600pp
ALPINE_VGT_RACE_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg

Locked gearbox, awesome brakes.
basically these two are made for outbraking the competition

I know its too late for unusual suff, but what better place than here, what better place than now?
AUDI AutoUnion V16 Type C Stream Liner
AUDI_AutoUnionV16TypeCStream_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg

An oddball, fantastic acceleration, an amazing display of technology.
This was like doing a tightrope walk on a windy place. one wrong move, and things will get nasty, really fast.
A fun fast tuning session. stick by the line, do NOT touch the track edges
Dunno If I will be able to play again for the day, in any case, gents, it was a blast.👍

Last edited:
Not long now gentlemen, just so you guys know the AI HUB is still coming to be running after the servers go down as long as we people playing. So come and join you guys will love it.

Back