A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 189 comments
@skeagracing what are you going to do after the 28th of March?
What are you thinking as I do not have a clue what I will do next but would like to stay with the same bunch of great people that are on this forum. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated @bjl23 ?????? After racing for 33 years I have no need to race anybody on line. The few times that I did I ended up with a bunch of bumper drivers who had no clue about real racing when every move you make can get you hurt real bad or the race car. I just like to challenge myself and why I like the this format of AI so very much.

Last edited:
What are you thinking as I do not have a clue what I will do next but would like to stay with the same bunch of great people that are on this forum. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated @bjl23 ?????? After racing for 33 years I have no need to race anybody on line. The few times that I did I ended up with a bunch of bumper drivers who had no clue about real racing when every move you make can get you hurt real bad or the race car. I just like to challenge myself and why I like the this format of AI so very much.
You could come and enter in the AI HUB challenges?

Are you going to play GTS at all?

I moved on, sorry to say. And I have yet to go online but the missions and driving school and career are a really fun time for me. Like a new GT6, really.

I didn't expect to so soon, but the prices for all the new stuff looked really good at the moment so I did.

Take the plunge @skeagracing

Yep, GTS. I paid $399 for a PS4 Pro with Star Wars Battlefront which is the same price as without the game. So free game, that I haven't opened yet nor care about but hey... I've seen the PS4 at $368 once before. The G29 wheel was $268. GTS was $35. Then there's the PS+ subscription to be able to race online with people but I haven't got that yet. All shipped two days for free from Amazon. I had a $75 gift card and got $70 off because I got their Visa card.

$557 total

Yep, GTS. I paid $399 for a PS4 Pro with Star Wars Battlefront which is the same price as without the game. So free game, that I haven't opened yet nor care about but hey... I've seen the PS4 at $368 once before. The G29 wheel was $268. GTS was $35. Then there's the PS+ subscription to be able to race online with people but I haven't got that yet. All shipped two days for free from Amazon. I had a $75 gift card and got $70 off because I got their Visa card.

$557 total
@coryclifford Wow on the price. You did good for sure. I was thinking more like $800. Thank you and yes I will join you in GTS. Does GTS have Seasonal racing with AI race cars?? And what about the tracks are there any real life one's?? Thanking you in advance!!

@coryclifford Does GTS have Seasonal racing with AI race cars??
Hi skeagracing, GTS have got in game GT League and Custom races, but sadly the only online racing in GTS are races with other players, and it called demolition derby races and you know what that means, and you can not tune your cars when you go and play online. It has a lot of fictional tracks.

Hi skeagracing, GTS have got in game GT League and Custom races, but sadly the only online racing in GTS are races with other players, and it called demolition derby races and you know what that means, and you can not tune your cars when you go and play online. It has a lot of fictional tracks.
@fordlaser so what are your plans on the go forward??? I am not into any demolition derby races or fictional tracks.

Working my way back to more than 2 or 3 races at a time. I spent a lot of credits on cars just to run the Red Bull expert race. So I have logged on once a day until I got my 200% bonus back. It didn't take long running the expert race to get back to max credits. I know I have enough credits at anytime to buy one of every car there is, I just like seeing that 50 mil at the top. I guess you could call it wishing for real life. After buying our first house it has been a nightmare. I have not been in a place that I couldn't buy groceries and it is not a good feeling. I have enjoyed this race. My 2 favorite cars so far are the Vauxhall Calibra and the Zonda R. With both of these cars I get consistent 1:27 laps with a all time low of 1:25 in the Zonda R. The picture is my last race for today here. I'm going to head over to the GT AI Hub and see what photons are there from @photonrider and friends.

Attachments

• 20180309_174600[1].jpg
    20180309_174600[1].jpg
    74 KB · Views: 15
Working my way back to more than 2 or 3 races at a time. I spent a lot of credits on cars just to run the Red Bull expert race. So I have logged on once a day until I got my 200% bonus back. It didn't take long running the expert race to get back to max credits. I know I have enough credits at anytime to buy one of every car there is, I just like seeing that 50 mil at the top. I guess you could call it wishing for real life. After buying our first house it has been a nightmare. I have not been in a place that I couldn't buy groceries and it is not a good feeling. I have enjoyed this race. My 2 favorite cars so far are the Vauxhall Calibra and the Zonda R. With both of these cars I get consistent 1:27 laps with a all time low of 1:25 in the Zonda R. The picture is my last race for today here. I'm going to head over to the GT AI Hub and see what photons are there from @photonrider and friends.
Just heading to the the red bull ring to have a crack at the AI HUB expert challenge myself. Have to use the IS 200 GT-1 '04 and see how high I can climb up the leader board, @ERAZER loves to set a tough challenge.

Good to see you back @Racin510s .

I tried to tune the IMPREZA Touring Car to no avail. It just donst have the punch to take on the rabbits.
on the other hand, I revisited the RX-7 as it is used as the low tiear AI opponent of choice, also because I had such a great time with the RE AMEMIYA's tunes.

RX-7 Touring car 600pp
RX7_TC_REDBULL_660pp01.jpg

RX-7 LM RaceCar 600pp

RX7_LM_RaceCar_REDBULL_660pp01.jpg

Oddly, I was more entertained with the Touring Car than with the Race Car. They are too similar, but the Touring is such a blast in its class. Now my aim is to buy the recommended cars on the TC area and farming credits with these RX-7 variants was so much fun after the hours spent on the IMPREZA
more on the RX saga
RX-8 LM Concept Race Car 600pp
RX8_ConceptLM_RaceCar_REDBULL_660pp01.jpg

Nice car, didnt mess with it much, but felt a little twitchy
CHALLENGE:
can anyone beat this using the
IS 200 GT-1 '04
Highest position, not time
Got a 3rd and a 5th
ISF200_CHALLENGE01.jpg

ISF200_CHALLENGE02.jpg

The P2 and P1 are basically unreachable with this car, i'd like to mess a little more with it, my basic tune made it reaaaaaaally overreacting to the track borders so, maybe I'll add the oil change. but I guess this is the best I can get unless I luck out even more with the roster

Last edited:
I tried to tune the IMPREZA Touring Car to no avail. It just donst have the punch to take on the rabbits.
on the other hand, I revisited the RX-7 as it is used as the low tiear AI opponent of choice, also because I had such a great time with the RE AMEMIYA's tunes.

RX-7 Touring car 600pp
View attachment 720563
RX-7 LM RaceCar 600pp

View attachment 720562
Oddly, I was more entertained with the Touring Car than with the Race Car. They are too similar, but the Touring is such a blast in its class. Now my aim is to buy the recommended cars on the TC area and farming credits with these RX-7 variants was so much fun after the hours spent on the IMPREZA
more on the RX saga
RX-8 LM Concept Race Car 600pp
View attachment 720571

Nice car, didnt mess with it much, but felt a little twitchy

Got a 3rd and a 5th
View attachment 720570

View attachment 720569
The P2 and P1 are basically unreachable with this car, i'd like to mess a little more with it, my basic tune made it reaaaaaaally overreacting to the track borders so, maybe I'll add the oil change. but I guess this is the best I can get unless I luck out even more with the roster
Good job with the IS 200 GT-1 '04 post that on the AI HUB it will put you as the front runner.

Take the furious Furai for an easy win. Very fast. I put 100 kg for 50:50 and more power on the straights. Finally playing around with the gears and got lap times at around 1.25 - 1.26

I also try this one and lose the fight for 3 place on 5 lap.... bought some land .... end finaly in 10 place.The first think comes to my mind was: this one its for skeagracing and voila. Just bought the last 20 million car and and try to recover ,so am on the safe side now. By the way this IS 200 don't brake and has a lot of understeer. Any good set up to look for?

I also try this one and lose the fight for 3 place on 5 lap.... bought some land .... end finaly in 10 place.The first think comes to my mind was: this one its for skeagracing and voila. Just bought the last 20 million car and and try to recover ,so am on the safe side now. By the way this IS 200 don't brake and has a lot of understeer. Any good set up to look for?
My tune with the IS 200 GT-1 '04 I
IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

MAX PP
ASM - OFF
SRF - ON
TC - 1
ACTIVE STEERING - MILD

This got me a higher position then my previous post

1. Vehicle Manufacturer:

Lexus

Performance Points:

544 PP

Max. Power:

501 HP

Weight:

1010 kg

Weight Distribution:

Displacement:

2000 cc

Max. Torque:

407.5 ft-lb

Drivetrain:

FR

Tires (Front):

Racing: Hard

Tires (Rear):

Racing: Hard

Pit Service:

o Car Wash

o Change Oil

Suspension Kit:

Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension

Transmission:

Fully-Customizable Transmission

Clutch:

Triple-Plate Clutch Kit

Engine:

Stage 3

Exhaust:

Racing Exhaust

Turbo Kits:

High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Other Parts:

o Racing Brake Kit

o Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

o Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential

Ride Height (Front):

Ride Height (Rear):

Spring Rate (Front):

Spring Rate (Rear):

Dampers - Compression (Front):

Dampers - Compression (Rear):

Dampers - Extension (Front):

Dampers - Extension (Rear):

Anti-Roll Bars (Front):

Anti-Roll Bars (Rear):

Camber Angle (Front):

Camber Angle (Rear):

Toe Angle (Front):

Toe Angle (Rear):

Brake Balance (Front):

Brake Balance (Rear):

Max. Speed:

Max. Speed Unit:

mph

Transmission (1st Gear):

Transmission (2nd Gear):

Transmission (3rd Gear):

Transmission (4th Gear):

Transmission (5th Gear):

Transmission (6th Gear):

Transmission (Final Gear):

Transmission (Additional Comments & Instructions):

Reset = Final gear 5500 = Max speed 112mph = Ratios = Final gear at 2.866 ( If you want change the speed, adjust with the final gear only ) = Done !!

Initial Torque (Rear):

Acceleration Sensitivity (Rear):

Braking Sensitivity (Rear):

Power Limiter:

100%

Power Boost Level:

0%

Downforce (Front):

Downforce (Rear):

Ballast Weight:

0 kg

Ballast Position:

0%

ABS Level:

Traction Control:

skeagracing - If you want good AI racing, Raceroom has the best. (In my opinion) I have been playing Assetto Corsa, Raceroom and Project Cars 2 since I sold my PS3. They all have positive and negatives, but like you, I try to avoid the online rage races and stick to AI races. I recently signed up for Sim Racing System (haven't raced any events yet) for both Assetto Corsa and Raceroom for clean, competitive races.

coryclifford - How do you like the G29? I just got one a month ago and am enjoying it, especially the stiff brake pedal!

I am planning on getting a PS4 and GT Sport in another month or two, so maybe I will see some of you down the road... Although how will I ever be able to choose which of the four games to play?

1863-aihub-rbrexp-r600rh-lexusis04-r544rh-2nd-755254-20180312_125833-jpg.721473

Only abs2 (compensating a little the braking weakness) & general basic tune as per scheme kindly provided by @ERAZER sometime ago...
For my driving skill not easy to win with top cars around.

Ciao

PS: my ps4 user is still lfm_58 and then all of you please don't miss to send me a friend request there for further/future gentlemen racing anytime, everywhere,...:cheers::gtpflag:

If anyone get P1 in the IS 200 GT-1 '04 please save the replay and send it in, or at least the last lap, I would love to see it. Cheers.

If anyone get P1 in the IS 200 GT-1 '04 please save the replay and send it in, or at least the last lap, I would love to see it. Cheers.
@bjl23 Can you give me your tune for the IS 200 GT-1 '04 as I want to win with this car and do not think I have the best tune for P1. Thank you!!

Back