A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 189 comments
skeagracing - If you want good AI racing, Raceroom has the best. (In my opinion) I have been playing Assetto Corsa, Raceroom and Project Cars 2 since I sold my PS3. They all have positive and negatives, but like you, I try to avoid the online rage races and stick to AI races. I recently signed up for Sim Racing System (haven't raced any events yet) for both Assetto Corsa and Raceroom for clean, competitive races.

coryclifford - How do you like the G29? I just got one a month ago and am enjoying it, especially the stiff brake pedal!

I am planning on getting a PS4 and GT Sport in another month or two, so maybe I will see some of you down the road... Although how will I ever be able to choose which of the four games to play?
@DisabledRacer I spent part of my weekend with a guy that is the owner of a game store and he let me try all the racing games including GTS. As a result of my testing I will do nothing as there was nothing like GT6. Hopefully after the hundreds and hundredes of negative comments about GTS on Amazon someone will do something to fix all that is wrong with this game. Hopefully lack of income from this GTS will wake somebody up.

#1863 AIHUB RBREXP R600RH LEXUSIS04 R544RH 1ST 752816 20180312_160157.jpg

Lucky starting grid :D

Tune attached, robust wip...

ciao

Attachments

• RACE_544PP_Lexus IS 200 GT-1 2004 (RBR Exp Seasonal 2018)_LFM58_120318_WIP.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 38
@skeagracing

My tune,

RIDE HEIGHT
can't remember exactly, but I had the front higher than the rear

SPRING COM / EX
standard

SPRING RATE
front - lowest setting
Rear - 13.50

ANTI ROLL BAR
front - 4
Rear - 3

CAMBER AND TOE
Front and rear - 0.00

LSD
torque - 5
Acc - 10
Brake - 20

TRANSMISSION

Reset
Final gear, all the way to the right
Max speed all the way to the left

1st all the way to the left
2nd all the way to the left
5th all the way to the right
6th all the way to the right
Than do 4th some where in the middle so 4th and 5th balance.
3rd I didn't touch.

DOWNFORCE
front - highest
Rear - lowest

I'm not near my ps3 and will not be until the weekend. If you want I can send in the exact settings then.

@skeagracing

My tune,

RIDE HEIGHT
can't remember exactly, but I had the front higher than the rear

SPRING COM / EX
standard

SPRING RATE
front - lowest setting
Rear - 13.50

ANTI ROLL BAR
front - 4
Rear - 3

CAMBER AND TOE
Front and rear - 0.00

LSD
torque - 5
Acc - 10
Brake - 20

TRANSMISSION

Reset
Final gear, all the way to the right
Max speed all the way to the left

1st all the way to the left
2nd all the way to the left
5th all the way to the right
6th all the way to the right
Than do 4th some where in the middle so 4th and 5th balance.
3rd I didn't touch.

DOWNFORCE
front - highest
Rear - lowest

I'm not near my ps3 and will not be until the weekend. If you want I can send in the exact settings then.
Look forward to your complete settings. Thank you!!

:lol:..,.. i try yesterday the same , about 15 times to see the GTR 35 in front and noting. Then i saw Erazer time at the AIHUB and i become speechless. He won with the Zonda inside and did a 7.32!!!!! 20 sec. away from the best of us. Then i decide to run it just to get down from 7.50 and in the morning i gave it a try and just get lucky at once. In front was the nismo ,i start made a mistake and start again and lap by lap realise that i was closing the gap and leading by the end of 4 lap. Just luck @skeagracing just luck.

:lol:..,.. i try yesterday the same , about 15 times to see the GTR 35 in front and noting. Then i saw Erazer time at the AIHUB and i become speechless. He won with the Zonda inside and did a 7.32!!!!! 20 sec. away from the best of us. Then i decide to run it just to get down from 7.50 and in the morning i gave it a try and just get lucky at once. In front was the nismo ,i start made a mistake and start again and lap by lap realise that i was closing the gap and leading by the end of 4 lap. Just luck @skeagracing just luck.
I gave up looking for weak line-up for this so I went for the Viper and won over the McLaren. There is no luck just great driving by you and @ERAZER!!! I will try later when I have more time but I am up to 40 and still no weak line-up if not any line up Zonda included:cheers:.

Red Bull Ring 5 lap race. Viper GTS-R. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:26.203. Pass for the win over the McLaren F1 GTR on lap 5 at Wurth Corner. Winning margin 00.475.

Last edited:
I can't see your video @skeagracing ,it's some other format . Thanks for you compliments and hope to find the weak lineup just for the satisfaction of win it with the IS 200. I try it again when the tune give me the confidence for more consistent laps .

Back from the trenches with a few (fewer than I would like) results
I tested de @skeagracing IS 200 GT1 suspension.:bowdown: It helped me reduce 8 seconds my previous time! But I stopped testing after god knows how many races with almost the same bunnies in the roster.
But now I get it how a increased AntiRoll Bar on the back helps handling rear heavy/tailhappy cars
The more you know (TM)
After that, abd finally completing my Suggested rally cars shopping spree, I wanted to try some hot european hatchbacks (Oh Madrid!)
PEUGEOT 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 '86 (575-580pp, dont remember)
205TURBO16EVO2_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg
Man! With just a few touches, and all the power additions this car chews bunnies.
I tought that the other 205 rally car would be as good as this one, but so far, no. Best time that I got with that one was 7:44, but I guess its my own skill limits, specially on the tunning that doesnt help me unleash the potential, but I learned a lot in the process! Specially in some LSD for 4WD's, an uncharted territory for me

RENAULT R5 Turbo Rallye '85
R5TURBORALLYE_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg

I was so happy about this win, until I saw the times, I guess the Zonda , Nomad and Skyline went crazy and they effed up their race. It was a chaotic one, specially the Skyline rearended me 2 times on the same race while trying to outbrake me. :irked:
But a win its a win! :)

Red Bull Ring 5 lap race. Cockpit race on Cockpit view. Tune by me. Ford 1V Race Car 1967 with a 4 speed Transmission. P1 McLaren F1 GTR BMW. Cockpit race on Cockpit view. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:25.101. Pass for the win over the McLaren F1 GTR BMW on lap 4 at Rindt Corner. Winning margin 08.105. @smoothbore12 this one for you so you can see the corner speeds at turn in and turn out.

Raining Skylines....

I took a break from TTs before the final rush for top 10.

3 races for each model.
I would undeline '93 model is a rocket on straight but quite scaring braking issues... superfun!

EDIT: I lapped with reminder Skylines too, i.e. R33 TC, R32 TC

EDIT2: fast laps
1.26.123 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R33 Touring Car
1:26.125 - Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE GT-R '93
1:26.498 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R32 Touring Car
1:26.765 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R34 Touring Car
1.26.912 - Nissan FALKEN GT-R '04

#1863 RBREXP R600RH NISSKYR32TC R600RH 732477 20180318_114623.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH NISSKYR33TC R600RH 729870 20180318_110015.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH NISSKYR3293 R600RH 730837 20180317_170451.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH NISSKYR34TC R600RH 734169 20180317_162741.jpg
#1863 RBREXP R600RH NISSKYR3404 R600RH 734224 20180317_123815.jpg

Last edited:
590PP McLaren F1 GTR 1995 Base. 467HP. Power-to Weight 2.24kg/HP. Weight 1,050kg. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:26.032. Pass for the win over the Pagani Zonda LM Race Car on lap 5 at Rauch Corner. Winning margin 03.596. Thank you @Racin510s for the idea it only took a week to get the tune just right to beat the Zonda. Lot's of Lotus tune settings in this McLaren. I like the paint job as in 1967 when I went with Lotus to drive the Lotus 47 I also had a Lotus Europa painted this color:lol:.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been in a lot of pain after the shots in the back. Also trying to get the last of my tax stuff to take to my accountant. I'll get in a few more before the server goes down. Thanks to @skeagracing for running cars I have suggested. So frustrating to know if my wheel was still working I would be running much better.

I would recommend this FR car, maxed @ 595pp, great p-2-w 1.65kg/cv, 3 races and 3 winning races against a strong starting grid.
Similar to CALSONIC SKYLINE '93, it is very fast on straight with scaring braking limitations...funny!

EDIT: fast lap 0.7 faster than better skylines: 1:25.432

#1863 RBREXP R600RH FALKENRX703 R595RH 740477 20180321_101957.jpg

Last edited:
More Rally Cars
DELTA S4 Rally Car Dont remember the pp, but something in the range of 575-600pp
DELTAS4RallyCar_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg
The roster was weak, but the time is there: Sub 7:40 is enough to beat the McLaren so, for me its a win. Been really busy, so o dont remember a lot about this one, other than I invested some time tweaking it.

TOYOTA RSC Raid Car (if mind serves well it was around 575-580pp)
RSCRallyRaidCar_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg

A Raid Car indeed, just added power enhancements and that was it, I didnt expected such smooth driving from a car so tall. Always refreshing to drive a car that fits your style and you dont have to tweak it a lot

AUDI A4 Touring Car 600pp
AUDIA4_TC_REDBULL_600pp01.jpg
This one is heavy on the front, making it oversteary compared to other cars. So I added weight on the back, decresed the cambers, pumped out the spring rates as they were kinda low, some LSD and torque distribution and voila! A nice suprise seen a common car as the A4 doing well in this races.

Back