A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Tokyo R246 / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
Disregarding those cars, it is of general belief that the Audi R8 '01 is the fastest car at 700PP.

I found this car to be much slower than the Minolta, and much worse handling than the LM55. No way this car is running high 1:22's to mid 1:23's at this track. It accelerates well, I'll give it that, but it's peaky (like the Minolta), but worse, so some of its power is lost there. And the handling, well, let's just say it's not anything to write home about. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I use a DS3 on Auto, so take it with a grain of salt.

In my opinion the 2X might be one of if not the fastest car to use, but it needs a different driving style, which may not appeal to everyone. The trafic really gets in the way but once it's clear, the Chaparral can build some distance quickly. My best lap with the car is 1:22.306 on a rare clean lap with a DS3. I even saved the replay just because of this lap.

1:22.3 is right there with my best lap with the Minolta, but I was in a draft. My fastest without the draft was 1:23.1. The 2X isn't a quick, well handling car IMO, more like a top-speed beast, which has never tripped my trigger. It can be fast around a circuit, but unfortunately, I don't have the skill to drive it properly. Kudos.

What are your settings?
My setting are for a wheel, but I can give you my suspension settings.

85/85
14.00/14.49
2/1
1/2
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.00
With these settings I have improve the understeer because I made the rear spring rate lower, but these setting suits my driving style. My best time on a clean lap is 1:23.454 and the race time is 7:20 👍.

Last edited:
1:22.3 is right there with my best lap with the Minolta, but I was in a draft. My fastest without the draft was 1:23.1. The 2X isn't a quick, well handling car IMO, more like a top-speed beast, which has never tripped my trigger. It can be fast around a circuit, but unfortunately, I don't have the skill to drive it properly. Kudos.

Thanks! To be honest that was a surprisingly fast lap for me, as I'm not a particularly fast player. I tried to replicate it in arcade time trial but the closest I got was 1:22.7 because I screwed up on the last turn. I find the 2X hard to be consistent with. I'm sure it could do a 1:21 or less but that is just beyond me. It requires a lot of patience and concentration, as this car doesn't take mistakes well. Driven properly (the key is to always have at least some throttle on the turns), this car handles surprisingly well. But I understand why you don't like it. I'm not the biggest fan of it either. The understeer can be really bad.

Well I tried with a few cars and these are the results
Winners: Bentley Speed 8, Audi R8 '01, Mazda VGT, Jaguar XJR9 (just), 2J race car, 2X VGT.
Losers: Nissan R390 GT1, Mercedes CLK GTR, Audi R18, Nissan GTR R35 TC
Going to try: BMW Mclaren F1 GTR, DeltaWing 2012, Monster Sport SX4.
I would also try the LCC Rocket if it was a track like Spa or Nurburgring.

I am really getting frustrated with this seasonal...
OK. I am not a pro driver and I am using DS3, but usually I am getting gold if not at first try, than after couple of it. With this one I have tried numerous of cars with Praiano tunes and 3rd at the best!!! It is tough and that is how it is meant to be. I am OK with that. With what I am not OK is f@#$%&^ up physics of cars!!! No matter which car I use on the start all other are accelerating way more faster than mine! Most annoying thing is if you hit some other car, that one immediately get super vorp drive and just vanish in front of you! THANK YOU PD for given fair chances to fight!!!
:irked::ouch::mad:

Here is a car which I have been told is capable of 1.24s

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 (700PP RH)

Link here

Only change to make to the tune is to set the Downforce to max.

pescimg1-jpg.202046

gonna try this one out now,hope i can get some result with it

This seasonal is ridiculous. I have a feeling the other cars accelerate so much faster than me in my Speed 8.. every lap i fall back more and i ended 11th, 30sec behind the lead car..

My setting are for a wheel, but I can give you my suspension settings.

85/85
14.00/14.49
2/1
1/2
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.00
With these settings I have improve the understeer because I made the rear spring rate lower, but these setting suits my driving style. My best time on a clean lap is 1:23.454 and the race time is 7:20 👍.

I wasn't meaning to pry, I was only going to compare them to mine because my car is so planted.

This Seasonal Event has been extremely challenging to me. I can certainly understand the frustration others are having. The absolutely insane behavior of the AI doesn't help matters. If the AI drove 100% perfectly this would still be an incredibly challenging event. However, we all know that they don't drive perfectly and gaining 200 hp when they are tapped is beyond ridiculous.

OK. I am not a pro driver and I am using DS3, but usually I am getting gold if not at first try, than after couple of it. With this one I have tried numerous of cars with Praiano tunes and 3rd at the best!!! It is tough and that is how it is meant to be. I am OK with that. With what I am not OK is f@#$%&^ up physics of cars!!! No matter which car I use on the start all other are accelerating way more faster than mine! Most annoying thing is if you hit some other car, that one immediately get super vorp drive and just vanish in front of you! THANK YOU PD for given fair chances to fight!!!

We feel your frustration WC, but they can be whupped! Maybe the others did not feel the need to resort to being as aggressive as the AI,, but I did,, and I did! Using Shawnm's very good tune with a few tweeks to make it fit my driving style I drove the Pescolaro Hybrid,, it can boogie around Tokyo like a freight train on steroids, run the rabbit down mid final lap then you only need maintain a clean line to the FL and take the RC 'Vette to your garage. The Delta Wing, the 787 and I think it was the 905 built a 3 car road block in the first lap which made for a little angst as we patiently waited for an opening to blow by them,, then running down and getting by the 2J was the final "dirty" car to overcome. From there on it was hunker down, drive a clean and fast line, keep it off the wall's 'n rails for a relatively EZ win. Like others have mentioned, it's GR8 we're seeing some events that make us DRIVE to win. Go get 'em!!

Yeah, I'm going to admit to beating on the AI in this race, from time to time, but that's never my best time, so I try not to. But it gets frustrating for sure. I also think that the Toyota 7 has some issue with the Minolta, it's like the car is out to get me, each and every time. You guys probably think I'm nuts, but it's true, none of the rest of the cars act like that one does.

yes you can, because it is very fast. 👍

i've made a win (after 4 attempts en with the help of the toyota 7 that kept blocking the other pescarolo and the minolta long enough) with this so i'm satisfied.
my driving skills didn't allow it to keep it out of the boardings,kept hitting the boardings all over the place,really need to work on that.

keep trying,
i'm also a DS3 user,it's very cliche but it could pay-off at the end.
my first run was very bad,finished 4 about 20 sec from the winner.
second attempt got me into third place,but much closer to victory about 8 seconds behind.
third attempt got me also a third place but now only 6 seconds behind the main rabbits.
fourth was a charm for me,needed the help of the Toyota 7 to let me win it,was in P6 about 8 seconds behind when entering the 4th lap,but suddenly after the hairpin i was right at the back of the leaders,i don't know what happened exactly but it seems they (toyota minolta and the the other pescarolo) couldn't get pass the toyota 7 this time,so i did and i could hold on to victory.
didn't view the replay afterwards.
my lap times were 1'26".... and 1'27"....,so not impressive at all.

much harder, the cars at the start rocket off leaving you behind, run pretty fast and the AI is aggressive. like there late for work or something.

Ummm. I've just tried this event today for the very first time, not as hard as I thought. I had 5 runs today, first try with the Audi R10, ended last place, so I switched to LM55 for two laps, still couldn't get it done. Finally I decided to go with my good old Pes C60...

First run I accidentally hit the rabbit at the final corner, a second place finish. And then my second try I managed to beat the rabbit just before the finish line.

I do have TC and SRF on, though.

After reading some of the posts in here I went with LM55 on first go..and she did it for me,:sly: tried 3 times, third time won by 15 sec..(love this car)👍:cheers:

I found this car to be much slower than the Minolta, and much worse handling than the LM55. No way this car is running high 1:22's to mid 1:23's at this track. It accelerates well, I'll give it that, but it's peaky (like the Minolta), but worse, so some of its power is lost there. And the handling, well, let's just say it's not anything to write home about. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I use a DS3 on Auto, so take it with a grain of salt.
it's not as fast as it used to be. but I can do mid 1:19, and that is with an average setup, and not very clean laps.

MSZ
Ummm. I've just tried this event today for the very first time, not as hard as I thought. I had 5 runs today, first try with the Audi R10, ended last place, so I switched to LM55 for two laps, still couldn't get it done. Finally I decided to go with my good old Pes C60...

First run I accidentally hit the rabbit at the final corner, a second place finish. And then my second try I managed to beat the rabbit just before the finish line.

I do have TC and SRF on, though.

Depends on the person i guess :embarrassed:

After reading some of the posts in here I went with LM55 on first go..and she did it for me,:sly: tried 3 times, third time won by 15 sec..(love this car)👍:cheers:

LM55 is king :bowdown:

Any particular tune? And do you use DS3? I feel so obligated to actually finish first here, dunno why..

For anyone struggling and who just wants to finish this seasonal, turn on SRF and TC1, and use either the C60s, LM55 or Toyota Minolta. Tune for a top speed of 370kmh. It should be a cakewalk.

Took me three sessions to gain 10 secs per lap. needed practice to avoid bumping on the walls, once you run clean the seconds drop away. Also, can pass w/o hitting the AI so they let you go. Although did need to block that Minolta on the final straight.

Minolta
1 - 1:31.487 1st
2 - 1:28.805 1st
3 - 1:29.273 1st
4 - 1:31.584 1st
5 - 1:28.552 2nd +.055

Pescarolo C60 Hybrid
1 - 1:27.71 8th
2 - 1:26.008 7th
3 - 1:27.440 4th
4 - 1:26.374 2nd
5 - 1:26.587 1st

I always find the Pescarolo the best LMP car, it's my #1 mileage car. In this case the Mazda 4wd LM55 never felt right, others just not fast enough. All in all a good expert seasonal.

Any particular tune? And do you use DS3? I feel so obligated to actually finish first here, dunno why..
No tune,just original.I use g27 and for me this car has very good handling like it is,and its a dream to drive.. best vgt car in game:tup:..

Back