A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Tokyo R246 / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
Hey @UltimateLurker try this transmission and see what you think for the Minolta.

Set max speed to 360kmh an then set final gear to 3.250 and move max speed to 240kmh, and then a just the gears
1. 4.678
2. 3.357
3. 2.795
4. 2.340
5 1.951
6. 1.638
final gear 2.000 It is for Low Turbo Range Kit.

Last edited:
I started off liking this Seasonal.

But, I just don't understand the A1 logic.

An A1 driver swerves in front of you, brake checks you going into the corner which causes you to hit him from behind; and then he suddenly has an extra 100 Performance Points?

How is that fun?

PD is going to get killed by ProjectCars if they don't figure out a smarter A1 system.

These Seasonals are getting silly. Not to mention, free cars? C'mon, the game is over a year and a half old. We've got the cars.

An A1 driver swerves in front of you, brake checks you going into the corner which causes you to hit him from behind; and then he suddenly has an extra 100 Performance Points?

How is that fun?

PD is going to get killed by ProjectCars if they don't figure out a smarter A1 system.

These Seasonals are getting silly. Not to mention, free cars? C'mon, the game is over a year and a half old. We've got the cars.
I have never had any problem with the AI cars only when they are crashing in the Expert event, but other than that they have been fine and well behave in the race.

Last edited:

How is that fun?

Part with getting extra HP/PP for AI once you hit 'em is really annoying!!!

This can be an easy one to win as long as you choose your overtaking points. I just jumped on and first up took a 21 second lead by the end of the race 100% clean.

The tips I would give are:

1: Dive in deep at the end of the first "straight" and take the first hard left turn in a sweeping arc.
2: After that you have a right sweep where all of the AI cars smack the rail, then a slight left, then right followed by a big left exaggerated U. Learn to cut the first part of the U (left) and extend to the right hand rail and then cut the next part of the U.
3: Learn to take the S bend after the big U cutting the corners, this can be done at flat chat!
4: Dive in deep at the next hard right and take the turn again in a sweeping arc.
5: The next is a long sweep to the left. Maintain an inside line on the corner and keep an eye out for the staircase up in the stands on the right. As soon as you see the stairs, drop the hammer and blast out of the corner.
6: The next left dive in deep and brake through the corner to cut the harder right that follows.
7: At the last left corner, stay wide right and cut it and extend onto the right rail to the ripple strip, once your straight, boot the go pedal.

The best overtaking points are at:

1: The straight... Hurrdurr...
2: During the big U sweep, take an inside line.
3: On the straight following as the AI brake for the S bend you can take at flat chat.
4: Diving deep on the right hard turn following the S.
5: During the long left sweep taking the inside line.
6: Diving deep on the final left turn.

Any other time, exercise patience and wait for a clean pass.

Attachments

• 20150525_171653[1].jpg
    20150525_171653[1].jpg
    109 KB · Views: 50
For a lark, I tried the Chevy Chaparral Vision and was completely surprised. With the Toyota, Sauber and Minolta in the top spots,, I won by 6.493 seconds. No tune, just reduced the power limiter all the way and added ballast to bring it down to 700pp. Handles really well but the quiet turbine is a bit strange.

(...) it is of general belief that the Audi R8 '01 is the fastest car at 700PP.

Had to check that and well... thanks for the advice! 👍 A few hundredths of seconds slower than the Pescarolo in my hands, almost nothing, but faster than the Minolta and the rest of the bunch I tried so far. :cheers:

I enjoy driving these LMP1 cars, reminds me the good old days of GT4... :sly:

Had to check that and well... thanks for the advice! 👍 A few hundredths of seconds slower than the Pescarolo in my hands, almost nothing, but faster than the Minolta and the rest of the bunch I tried so far. :cheers:

I enjoy driving these LMP1 cars, reminds me the good old days of GT4... :sly:
yeah, the Pescarolo C60 hybride and Audi R8 '01 are very similar, both in pace, performance, feel, and even looks.

Hey @UltimateLurker try this transmission and see what you think for the Minolta.

Set max speed to 360kmh an then set final gear to 3.250 and move max speed to 240kmh, and then a just the gears
1. 4.678
2. 3.357
3. 2.795
4. 2.340
5 1.951
6. 1.638
final gear 2.000

Following this I can't get these numbers. In fact, I can't get these numbers no matter what I do.

Hmm, I've tried the Pescarolo C60 and the LM55 as many here have suggested but just can't crack this race.

I set the downforce to max on both cars (and used @shaunm80 's tune for the C60) but could do no better than 5th in the C60 and 11th in the LM55.

Perhaps the trick is to keep exiting the race and re-entering to get a weaker field (like I had to do for Cote d'Azur a little while back). I'll keep tryin' though!

As for the AI behaviour, I find it a little beyond the realm of reality! Perhaps PD does this to penalise you for hitting other cars, but when you're brake tested, or they just drive straight into you, there's really little you can do about it!

It's almost like the PD programmers sit in their development meetings and say "right, so how can we really p*** off those guys over at GT Planet this time?!"

Edit: OK, now up to 2nd place in the LM55. Just need to be a bit tidier...

Last edited:
Damn, you're going to have to spill the beans, UL. I want your tech. :lol:

Best I can do is 1st by the end of the 3rd lap with an average time of 7:20.

Following this I can't get these numbers. In fact, I can't get these numbers no matter what I do.
The gears I gave you did you have Low Range turbo kit on it , and don't worry using the gears with a time like this 7:12.202 that is outstanding time :cheers:. I am only 4 seconds behind your time.

Last edited:
I cheated -- turned on SRF, AC strong, TC1.

Made a 7:16 with my R92CP and a 1:21.7xx lap amid low 1:22s.

But... I'm not happy about it. SRF is so unnatural with the grip boost. You can push the car far beyond its normal edge and it won't even protest.

7:22 is my best non-SRF and I can feel all cuddly about that one.

I'm nobody special guys, I have just raced this track to death, and I like how the Minolta moves, so it's a good combo for me, that's all.

Made a 1:21.7xx lap amid low 1:22s...

1:21 is fantastic, out of all the times I have run this track, I have only 1 to my credit (and I'm sure it was in a draft of some sort, no way I could run it solo). I'm usually running 1:24 on the first lap, then 1:22/1:23 for the rest of the race.

Eh, that's with SRF, tho. You still need to catch some really good drafting points for 1:21, it seems. Non-draft, my best is high 1:22.

For the heck of it, I'm trying to see what's the best I can do even with SRF. Down to 7:15.5...

Back