A-spec Expert Level Rain Master: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 459 comments
I knew it would be either you or skeagracing who saw and would give it a shot, lol.
And I knew, either of you would be able to get a lot closer to 8.00.000 then I did.
Thanks for proving me right^^
I retuned this car from scratch on wet, for wet, and although a few tweaks can be made, I was pretty happy with it. I was really hoping someone could hit 8 even. Maybe it just needs a simple Transmission revisit.

This is the best I can do with the old Camaro. Did a mistake but not big enough to loose 5 seconds. Think you should ask fordlaser777 or UltimateLurker. I'm sure they can brake the 8:00 mark. Was using IM tires.

IMG_0589.JPG

Ford, ultimate, you, skea, among about 10 others I know could get close.
That is close enough though, lol.
I changed the transmission and gearing and dropped 10 seconds off my personal time. Increased the top "wet speed" from around 139-145 up to 145-152ish. But also increased power in 2nd and 3rd, getting that jump I think it was missing.
120/110
12.50/8.00
2/3
6/6
2/6
0.0/0.0
-0.10/0.0
Brakes 7/6
Lsd 7/13/20
Power level 70.4%
Aero 200/300
no ballast
Transmission:
Max final
Auto to 112mph
Final to 3.333
(And I guess trying it with IM tires also)

But yes, I believe this car is one of those 'hidden game gems' that we have. Can be tuned to suit track/weather/speed/weight easily and outperform most other choices. But its a big beast from pre1970 that wasn't made by a European company, so most people dismiss it when choosing cars for races.

You know, I am still liking the RC's a ton more then the IM's.
Seems to have more grip when on extreme cornering speeds. Like the one at the top of the first hill after the z z start tracks.
Maybe I am just taking it too fast, but then again, thats what I am trying to push in the first place, lol.

I ran the test and the IM are 8 second faster than the racing soft @UltimateLurker. @fordlaser777 @demonchilde With the IM I was able to overtake the leader way before the Karussell. With the racing soft some time after after the Karussell. @sync

I certain this comes down to driving style, as my experience is just the opposite. You're probably just a whole lot smoother than I am, making the IM a superstar with smoothness glue.

8:35:*** first race, 8:29.*** second race
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RC '69
120/110
12.50/8.00
2/3
6/6
2/6
0.0/0.0
-0.10/0.0
Brakes 7/6
Lsd 7/13/20
Power level 70.4%
Aero 200/300
no ballast
Transmission:
Max final
Auto to 112mph
Final to 3.000
A better driver then myself could easily push this to the low 8.00.000 range.
I would actually like to see how others do with it if anyones bored.

Edit= (racing softs)
Thanks for this nice handling car Sir :cheers:, and I just took it for a nice Sunday drive but the weather was terrible.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-05-16 15-53-58.png

This Z28 '69 is really a romantic ride..
Feels like Auto-Cruise all the way.

#Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RC '69
Tyre RS/RS
Spring 15.13/12.89
Chassis 4/4, 4/4, 4/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.00
Brake 3/3
LSD 0/6, 0/5, 0/9
Aero 200/500
Transmission
Final 5.000
Auto-Set 180kmph
1st 2.646
2nd 1.873
3rd 1.405
4th 1.111
5th 0.928
Final 3.440

I certain this comes down to driving style, as my experience is just the opposite. You're probably just a whole lot smoother than I am, making the IM a superstar with smoothness glue.
Thank you for the compliment as on any given day/track when a driver tells another drive that you looked smooth out there today that is the best compliment any driver can give.

Whatever u do. Don't let go the Accelerator..
This one got Auto-Activation Wiper.

#Lotus Elise Race Car '96
Tyre RS/RS fordlaser777 recommended IM/IM
Ride 96/96
Spring 8.75/7.93
Chassis 9/1, 9/1, 1/1
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.00
Brake 1/1
LSD 0/9, 0/5, 0/6
Aero 200/500
Transmission
Final 5.500
Auto-Set 180kmph
1st-4th Min
5th 0.928
Final 3.720

Last edited:
use both. tell me which one use on the front is better..

Physics said Rear should use More Grip for better Traction
Fourmula 1 said Rear can use Less Grip because 60% water had cleared by Front Tyre already

Did a test with heavier car, IM was faster.
Did a test with lighter car, RS was faster.
Ok, I go it, than I drove another light car and... IM was faster....

Can't explain why, maybe the car itself is a part of the answer!

Did a test with heavier car, IM was faster.
Did a test with lighter car, RS was faster.
Ok, I go it, than I drove another light car and... IM was faster....

Can't explain why, maybe the car itself is a part of the answer!

I never thought of this, could be the case, but I think Skeag said he was faster on IM even with the Elise. All that matters in the end is that we try both sets with whichever car we're driving to get the best personal performance possible.

RS seems better if you like to skirt the track on some corners, barely keeping 2 tires on pavement at times.
IM seems better if you drive like your on rails.
I'm good, but I do not drive like I'm on rails yet, lol, maybe next year.

And Cory, the Camaro thing is all my fault. :gtpflag:

I ran the test and the IM are 8 second faster than the racing soft @UltimateLurker. @fordlaser777 @demonchilde With the IM I was able to overtake the leader way before the Karussell. With the racing soft some time after after the Karussell. @sync

I have 2 cents worth of observations for tyre (tire :)) grip/handling. I ran the Calibra Touring Car on both IM and RS. The setup was the same for both tyre runs and 3 laps were completed. For me, the IMs gave overall better grip while cornering at speed. The RSs were good but the car required a little more handling as it felt like it was skating a little in some of the corners. Of course, these are just simple observations, not an extensive trial. If I put a few more laps into the RS tyres, the gap would be closer.

As has been pointed out above, personal preference in the choice of tyre would be made to suit driving style.

IM

image2.JPG

RS

image3.JPG

Whatever u do. Don't let go the Accelerator..
This one got Auto-Activation Wiper.

#Lotus Elise Race Car '96
Tyre RS/RS
Ride 96/96
Spring 8.75/7.93
Chassis 9/1, 9/1, 1/1
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.00
Brake 1/1
LSD 0/9, 0/5, 0/6
Aero 200/500
Transmission
Final 5.500
Auto-Set 180kmph
1st-4th Min
5th 0.928
Final 3.720
I almost kept my Accelerator on the whole time and on IM tyres, very nice my friend :cheers:.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-05-17 15-04-38.png

This one was on was on IM front and RS rear.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-05-17 17-18-57.png

Last edited:
AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5.Cockpit Race on Replay View. Tune by @Nihamavasa72. Clean Race. Racing Soft. P1. No Aids. Lotus 111R. P2 Alfa Romeo. P3 Opel Calibra. Fast Lap7:32.280. Winning Margin over Lotus 111R 24.116. Pass for the win at Wippermann Km 15. Thank you for the super tune @Nihamavasa72.

I'm glad to hear that.

I just recognized that i did not mention to use IM Tyres. my fault, very sorry !

All my runs i did on the Intermediates.

Anyway why did you wait till Wipperman for the winning overtake ? :D
the 111R and Alfa 155 seem to me to be the fastes rabbits so far, isn't it ?

7.32 is a nice run

I'm glad to hear that.

I just recognized that i did not mention to use IM Tyres. my fault, very sorry !

All my runs i did on the Intermediates.

Anyway why did you wait till Wipperman for the winning overtake ? :D
the 111R and Alfa 155 seem to me to be the fastes rabbits so far, isn't it ?

7.32 is a nice run
Super great question!! I had never driven this race car (the video that I posted was the first time out with the AMG) before so I did not know what it would do with your tune plus I went with the wrong tire set up as you pointed out plus I did not have the correct transmission setting to get to use 6 gear so I lost a lot of time as result. I also like the challenge to drive as clean as possible as for me it makes GT6 that much more fun and as close to real life as possible. You have made this Rain Master tons more fun with your helpful comments and tunes, thank you!

That damn Camaro was so easy that when I got back in the Elise my driving went to crap lol. I tried the S2000 again for fun, couldn't even complete a lap (hate that damn car). Tried the Furai, what a terrible car as well. The Opel Calibra was great, heavy, but great, too bad I can't find a decent tune for it, that car would really sing. I suppose I should try the Alfa next, I remember that car from like GT3, great sound.

That damn Camaro was so easy that when I got back in the Elise my driving went to crap lol. I tried the S2000 again for fun, couldn't even complete a lap (hate that damn car). Tried the Furai, what a terrible car as well. The Opel Calibra was great, heavy, but great, too bad I can't find a decent tune for it, that car would really sing. I suppose I should try the Alfa next, I remember that car from like GT3, great sound.
The Camaro is a sweet drive for sure!

Back