A-spec Expert Level Rain Master: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 459 comments
My PS3 is dying. Need to pause the game at every 15 seconds to flop it from one side to the other.
The track disappear... like driving in heavy rain wasn't enough. Grrr!

When I'll disappear for a few days or weeks, you'll know why!

Having the same problem, probably due to overheat too much of B-Spec. It's simply black-out while tuning. Annoying when i have to rebuilt the tune all over again.

Tried #Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '92. It's The Most Unlucky Drive for me; every AI really all positioned at-the-right-place-at-the-right-time, and some tried to kill me. However, this beast has a potential to kill all rabbits before Karousell. The beast maintain speed of 170-200 around the woods. Slipstreaming give top speed of 270+kmph!

But this Lousy Unlucky Ride still gives me 7:51.890 around the woods.
Definitely will perform extremely well on dry road.

Last edited:
Tried #Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '92. It's The Most Unlucky Drive for me; every AI really all positioned at-the-right-place-at-the-right-time, and some tried to kill me. However, this beast has a potential to kill all rabbits before Karousell. The beast maintain speed of 160-190 around the woods. Slipstreaming give top speed of 270+kmph!

But this Lousy Unlucky Ride still gives me 7:51.890 around the woods.
Definitely will perform extremely well on dry road.

Not bad.... but youre overtakes can be better. I see a couple of seconds there in the fist part. You also make a couiple mistakes in corners. Keep trying and trying. nice.

Thanks for sharing your tune, it helped me beat the challenge.

I used the Anniversary Edition HSV, so I had to slightly modify your tune to suit the car, but not by much.

Had to add some ballast weight to bring the PP in line.

I worked a bit with the trans, the only thing that is different from your trans settings is the final drive; set it to 4.000 and you should get to use 6th gear.

First I left a lot of seconds at the Nurburgring with this tune as I never got to use 6 gear and it cost me big time. It was my first try for this race with the HSV and never had time to work the Transmission issues. The sad part is that you can win with RS rubber as in the real world you would not make it to the first corner let alone make the turn.

@davidt33
HSV-010 GT Base Model
No parts

500PP
270 BHP
3.94kgs/HP
Weight Distribution 50:50
Weight 1,100kg
Tires: Racing Soft
Suspension

F/R
70/65
11.21/12.13
2/2
6/6
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.00/0.00
Racing Brake Kit
5/5
FC Trans
I only changed the final gear to 3.300 and no others.

Max speed 149
1st 4.919
2nd 3.458
3rd 2.720
4th 2.184
5th 1.765
6th 1.440
Set final gear to 3.300
LSD

Set power limiter to 53.8%
Downforce
400/550
No Aid

the 190 E 2.5 has potential.

the first shot with own setup was a 7.34 laptime. Overtook R111 Rabbit in "Steilstrecke" hairpin before 1st Karusell
i just messed up a even better lap with a frontal impact exactly in the same hairpin.
but i keep on trying. setup is way better than 7.32

when i'm through with setup i'll post it

Last edited:
7.31.891 with a nearly clean lap

my setup for the AMG MErcedes 190 E 2.5 as follows:

rigidity improved

62 58
16.15 14.0
5 2
3 4
5 6
0 0
-0.1 +0.25

brakes
6 5

gearbox
260 kmh

lsd
10 8 15

power limiter
85.6%

downforce
295 500

maybe a bit understeering here and there but safe overall

Thanks for sharing your tune, it helped me beat the challenge.

I used the Anniversary Edition HSV, so I had to slightly modify your tune to suit the car, but not by much.

Had to add some ballast weight to bring the PP in line.

I worked a bit with the trans, the only thing that is different from your trans settings is the final drive; set it to 4.000 and you should get to use 6th gear.
I am very happy for you and glad that you were able to get to 6th gear. I am going to run this race again with your 4.000 final drive. Bravo on the win for sure!

rigidity improved

62 58
16.15 14.0
5 2
3 4
5 6
0 0
-0.1 +0.25

brakes
6 5

gearbox
260 kmh

lsd
10 8 15

power limiter
85.6%

downforce
295 500

I am going to give it shot as MB is my new sponsor and if I win I want to send it to them.Thank you for posting the tune! Bravo on the win!

I am going to give it shot as MB is my new sponsor and if I win I want to send it to them.Thank you for posting the tune! Bravo on the win!
good luck, hope you enjoy the setup
i'll try to improve the front a bit to turn in a bit more directly. I'll update this if i manage it

rigidity improved

62 58
16.15 14.0
5 2
3 4
5 6
0 0
-0.1 +0.25

brakes
6 5

gearbox
260 kmh

lsd
10 8 15

power limiter
85.6%

downforce
295 500

Very nice. Golded with it also. Didn't have any problems whatsoever with understeering. Could be because I'm using a wheel, I dunno. But to me the tune was perfect as is. Cheers.

Hey @Nihamavasa72 try this tune below and see if it suits you, and I also got a good time with it as well.

Lexus IS GT-1 '04

PP: 500
BHP: 357
WEIGHT: 1,010
WEIGHT DIST: 53 : 47
TIRE(S): Racing Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Rigidity Improvement - Yes

SUSPENSION: Full Custom
RIDE HEIGHT - 70/60
SPRINGS - 14.50/10.70
COMP - 3/4
EXT - 4/5
ARB - 6/7
CAMBER: 0.0/0.0
TOE: 0.00/0.00
BRAKES: Racing
BRAKES - 7/6

TRANS:Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 180kmh
1ST - 2.985
2ND - 2.227
3RD - 1.840
4TH - 1.550
5TH - 1.320
6TH - 1.145
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.455

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 8
DECEL - 12

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate:Installed
CARBON SHAFT: Installed

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage3
EXHAUST - Racing Exhaust

POWER LIMITER - 100.%

DOWNFORCE - Front: 150 Rear: 360View attachment 545123

Hey this is a real good tune Fordy. Just bought the car and tried it. Pushed it hard with no probs. Reached the highest top speed so far on the straight also. Think was around 167mph. Cheers. Keeper.

Hey this is a real good tune Fordy. Just bought the car and tried it. Pushed it hard with no probs. Reached the highest top speed so far on the straight also. Think was around 167mph. Cheers. Keeper.
I am glad you liked it :cheers:, I know you got a G29 as well that is good it worked for another wheel user 👍.

Thanks to @Dashyankuro Suspension and LSD settings for the Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '92
:cheers: I got a lap time of 7:28.692 on IM tyres, once again thanks for a good handling car. If you get the right field you could easily get under 8 minutes race time in this car.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-05-12 12-06-46.png

Going through the list of cars and gave the GT-FOUR rally car a spin to post a race time of 8.49 (total). Seemed lucky to have a slow field to get the win. Drive was great as the car handled really well :boggled: Checked my settings to see if all was ok and noticed that Racing Hards were still on :dopey:. Fitted Intermediates for the re-run.......

Great car 👍

FullSizeRender.jpg

Very nice. Golded with it also. Didn't have any problems whatsoever with understeering. Could be because I'm using a wheel, I dunno. But to me the tune was perfect as is. Cheers.
glad to hear that

Using a wheel should make a big difference. I'm using DS3

I have tested S1 pike pike, But the RS200 works great for me.
Is it couse i am an old rallydriver? :)
Nice car. Make a 8.09with this one. fully tuned only the power down. This thing goes 260 kmh on the last part of te track:tup:👍 edit. I used the wrong car :lol:

try the 240rs rally 85 car. This thing is fast!
Tune:
120-115
4-4
4-4
7-7
0-0
0-0

Lsd: 5-20-5

downforce max.

Engine stage 3.
high turbo.
Gears: I dont know.

Last edited:
I ran this again last night a few times just for the credits and noticed the AI were getting slower each time. I had a 22 second gap to second on my last run which was not that spectacular at 8:36 total time. Maybe they just gave up because they knew they couldn't win?

Here's another Gold car and tune for this Expert Level Rain Master: Nurb. 500PP.
After tuning instructions:
1. Just lower the Power Limiter to the required 500PP and
2. Widen the Final Gear by 100 (lower the number after Trans. tuning) from FG 2.950 to 2.850 (to get increased mph on the longest straight. You will get speed of over 165mph by so doing). Wins against the top lineup. Thank me later.

TOYOTA ALTEZZA Touring Car (by GhostRider65)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/toyota-altezza-touring-car.1672/

Nice car. Make a 8.09with this one. fully tuned only the power down. This thing goes 260 kmh on the last part of te track:tup:👍 edit. I used the wrong car :lol:

try the 240rs rally 85 car. This thing is fast!
Tune:
120-115
4-4
4-4
7-7
0-0
0-0

Lsd: 5-20-5

downforce max.

Engine stage 3.
high turbo.
Gears: I dont know.
:) Yes i didn't tune anything before and as a former rallydriver i loved the handling even with only a handcontrol.
Kossie, i will test your tune and se what i can do.
I wonder how to upload a race to when i see that many do so. Is it possible to do that with the ps3? And how?
My pict earlier was from my camera. :(

:) Yes i didn't tune anything before and as a former rallydriver i loved the handling even with only a handcontrol.
Kossie, i will test your tune and se what i can do.
I wonder how to upload a race to when i see that many do so. Is it possible to do that with the ps3? And how?
My pict earlier was from my camera. :(
you need a Elgato Game Capture HD that capture PS3 videos and you can take pictures as well with it, like in my post that is about 7 above this one.

This can not be done with a usb stick or something?

A USB flash drive can be used to transfer the still photos you take in photo mode, but not replay data. To do stills, go to the gallery after you take and save the picture, then select the photo and click on " export to XMB". Then they can be transferred to a flash drive from the photo menu of the main menu and uploaded to here through a pc.

Last edited:
Back