A-spec Expert Level Rain Master: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 459 comments
Do you know what race time you did on the Lexus IS 200 GT-1, because I love this car but I have not use it yet, thanks
i did again.
setup improved a bit but not as good as it should be.

total race time was 8.28 mid with a laptime about 7.50 low.
gap to the following was ... enough :D
this was driven with IMs, I'll try the heavywet now.

edit:
improved to 7.45 laptime still on IMs

Last edited:
setup IS 200 GT-1

Setting 492PP:

chassis:
76 82
15.05 12.95
3 2
5 3
5 7
0.0 0.0
-0.015 +0.45

brakes:
4 6

gearbox:
260 kmh

lsd:
10 10 20

power:
stage 3
exhaust racing

downforce
175 425

AS strong, TC 0, ABS 1

hope you enjoy

It depends a lot on what field you get. An 8:38 was good for 2nd @7 seconds behind the Benz 190 but the exact same time was good for an 11 second win over the field led by the Calibra. I have been using the Impreza GT300 on IM tires and you don't even realize it's wet out. I had to switch from my usual bumper cam to roof view so I could see where I was going through.

Just realized my total time is in the low 9's, so that's what I was missing. My actual lap times are around 8'40". I need to pick up the pace!

I know this is going to sound crazy, and probably impossible, but I believe somehow that the AI move according to the best possible scenario for the car you're driving. There have been so many times when I'm driving the same track, over and over and over, getting the first 5-10 corners down more and more perfect as I drive, and in finding that perfect line the AI are exactly right at the apexs...and in more than 1 corner. Again, call me crazy, but this has happened more times than I can count. At first it doesn't seem so because I'm not driving the first corners perfect, I'm learning the car/track, but the better I get at driving the car and learning the track, the more the AI are in the absolute wrong place at the wrong time for me to get the perfect line.

The only solution I have found is to restart with a different field, which presents its own problems. You get used to knowing where the AI are and start driving around them like cones, and when that changes, it can really upset your balance, but it must be done in some cases.

The other thing I find weird is that when I go balls-out and get past the AI before the corner, I'm never set quite right for the next corner. It's not because of the speed, it's because of the angle of attack. So it's actually faster to be slower than the AI in some corners, and go around them at a different spot in order to approach the next corner from the proper angle (the correct racing line).

It's like the PD knows how to make it hard for you to produce a great time...no matter what car you're driving or with what tune.

I know, I know, I'm crazy.

I has consprcy thery4.jpg

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car with oil change and engine stage 3 but no turbo. Used the GTTCC Season 6 setup by @TNR_KING_FILO with slightly less extreme brake bias and slightly taller Final Drive.

340bhp, 950kg, 495pp on Heavy Wet tyres. The track was 100% wet start to finish and fairly dark, even though it's 3pm and all the trees have leaves.

A lot of wheel slip under power in gear 2 and 3. Never used gear 1. Tickling the throttle (DS3 trigger R2) helped that, rather than using Traction Control (TCS). Half braking and gentle turning into high speed corners was important - possibly more rear downforce would be worthwhile.

Always like to find an FF that can win. This wasn't easy but I beat the leading Opel Calibra Super Touring Car 1994! Cr1,100,000 prize money in 8 minutes 4 seconds.

Overtook the Calibra on the way onto the long final straight. It didn't take my slipstream but still went past as the road started to climb. I immediately got back into its slipstream. Got half a metre gap just before the bridge so I could pull across onto the racing line. Very careful braking in 3 separate phases from here to the tight right. Nearly overshot the last turn but the Calibra had bottled it through those final sweeping turns.

Surprisingly fun combination thanks to the interesting choice of AI competition.

That car is A LOT of fun.Thanks for the tip.

If you want you can try my tune :
Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04

Thanks good drive and enjoy :cheers:

Wheww!!! Quite zippy eh? Had to run a couple races with it. Pity couldn't go over 149-150mph on the longest straight though as it needed it then. Otherwise passes other cars before. The tune as said is quite zippy but not as stable/grippy (although with "Racing Intermediate" tyres) as some others I used for this race. Nevertheless quite fun.
Best made was a 2nd against the same Elise 111R Race car '04 in the line up which came 1st.
It's a keeper nevertheless. Cheers.

Testing again!

Max downforce was too much.

IMG_0571.JPG

Too much downforce again. Stuck to the track like a magnet until you put one wheel on the grass!

IMG_0572.JPG

Fun to drive, minimum downforce :)

IMG_0574.JPG

Another fun race!

IMG_0575.JPG

And finally the beast, worst car to drive. Didn't change the car tune. Be careful when the third gear engage. Wheels are spinning like hell!

IMG_0577.JPG

I noticed the AI ARTA Garaiya winning, bought one, tuned it and won gold. Would never have bought the car otherwise. Drives great.

FordLaser777
I'll leave the Hudson in front of ur house ya. Key's in the GloveBox. No scratch, please..

#Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson
Tyre RS
Ride 140/140
Spring 5.40/4.60
Chassis 4/4, 4/4, 3/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.00
Brake 1/1
Transmission
Final 5.500
Auto-Set 120kmph
1st 1.948
2nd 1.292
3rd 0.936
Final 2.652

GT6 First Love "Why the Hudson?"

The best I could do was 8th, as @sync said good handling but slow and this one is going back in the garage.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-05-10 15-15-00.png

Wheww!!! Quite zippy eh? Had to run a couple races with it. Pity couldn't go over 149-150mph on the longest straight though as it needed it then. Otherwise passes other cars before. The tune as said is quite zippy but not as stable/grippy (although with "Racing Intermediate" tyres) as some others I used for this race. Nevertheless quite fun.
Best made was a 2nd against the same Elise 111R Race car '04 in the line up which came 1st.
It's a keeper nevertheless. Cheers.
150 mph is totally enough for the longest straight in the end. its going uphill all the way to this "Bilstein" bridge and the 500PP cars normally do not have enough power to go faster here (a bit maybe but not significant) except you try this without any downforce ... but i wouldn't

For this event (500pp racecar) the fastes passage are the long downhill bend in the first couple of sections. Quiddelbacher Höher, Kottenborn - Schwedenkreuz and Fuchsröhre was sections where i ran into gearbox limiter first.

Hey @Nihamavasa72 try this tune below and see if it suits you, and I also got a good time with it as well.

Lexus IS GT-1 '04

PP: 500
BHP: 357
WEIGHT: 1,010
WEIGHT DIST: 53 : 47
TIRE(S): Racing Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Rigidity Improvement - Yes

SUSPENSION: Full Custom
RIDE HEIGHT - 70/60
SPRINGS - 14.50/10.70
COMP - 3/4
EXT - 4/5
ARB - 6/7
CAMBER: 0.0/0.0
TOE: 0.00/0.00
BRAKES: Racing
BRAKES - 7/6

TRANS:Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 180kmh
1ST - 2.985
2ND - 2.227
3RD - 1.840
4TH - 1.550
5TH - 1.320
6TH - 1.145
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.455

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 8
DECEL - 12

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate:Installed
CARBON SHAFT: Installed

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage3
EXHAUST - Racing Exhaust

POWER LIMITER - 100.%

DOWNFORCE - Front: 150 Rear: 360
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-05-10 17-52-38.png

Last edited:
Hey @Nihamavasa72 try this tune below and see if it suits you, and I also got a good time with it as well.

Lexus IS GT-1 '04 (492PP)

PP: 492
BHP: 341
WEIGHT: 1,010
WEIGHT DIST: 53 : 47
TIRE(S): Front: Racing Soft Rear: Racing Intermediate

GT Auto:
Rigidity Improvement - Yes

SUSPENSION: Full Custom
RIDE HEIGHT - 70/60
SPRINGS - 14.50/10.70
COMP - 5/3
EXT - 4/4
ARB - 6/7
CAMBER: 0.0/0.0
TOE: 0.00/0.00
BRAKES: Racing
BRAKES - 7/6

TRANS:Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 180kmh
1ST - 2.985
2ND - 2.346
3RD - 1.910
4TH - 1.586
5TH - 1.343
6TH - 1.145
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.300

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 8
DECEL - 14

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate:Installed
CARBON SHAFT: Installed

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage3
EXHAUST - Racing Exhaust

POWER LIMITER - 100.%

DOWNFORCE - Front: 150 Rear: 360View attachment 545123

Hey where did you find those 10 seconds ? I must have lost them somwhere on the Hatzenbach ... :D

I think the gears had something to do with it, the AI were nowhere near the corners that made things easy for me.
oh yes i had some realy hard impacts while trying to overtake some of them especialy on the entrance to long straights. Thats anoying ...

I found out that switching down the light can help a bit to see better through the rain or spray

tried all three of the s2000s cant get a good non spinout lap with the blue spoon,s2000 04/8.18 and s2000 lm 8.17,I feel like the opera is faster but I can`t get lap without mistakes for a better time.

Rs200 win easy with no setup, only 260 Km/h. +24,177 to 2:nd
S1 pike peak almost the same.
But witch car is the best?
i dont think that there is a general best car for this.
It depends on the personal preverance if you like 4x4 or MR or FR behavoir more.
with a alfa 155 or calibra kind 4x4 you will stick on the track like clue but there are fast one if you manage to handle them.
the Elise, garaiya or other MR cars are way more agressive and the FR cars feel (to me) a bit more balanced. Both are a bit faster than 4x4's

FF's are awfull for its permanent wheelspin all through the first 3 or 4 gears. but doable aswell.

For me it was the FR type Roadster that gave me the most fun
The Calibra which was the easiest run
and the IS200 which was the fastes so far.
But i didnt try the hole bunch of GT300 cars yet. limited down to 500PP they will be the fastes i quess. unfortunately i cant remember my Garaiya time

Back