A-spec Expert Level Rainmasters: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
I used the BMW 135i coupe. Incredibly easy to get in front but depending what grid you get I didn't have the top speed to stay there without defending like Jason Plato. At the bus stop on lap 5 2nd place AI man made his move and completely cut the corner into the lead. I won by a tiny margin by just making it to the line because of his crazy overshoot.

Did they change the AI difficulty or actually down-tune the AI cars to 500PP?

Because when I first raced this event it was unbelievably hard. Sometimes it was nearly impossible to catch the rabbit like the Zonda or the GTO without SRF.

I just tried it again (against a Zonda and a GTO), and it was so easy this time. I couldn't believe it was the same race.

I guess they changed it, same thing happened to me.. was impossible to catch the GTO. tried more than a dozen times..
but then servers went down, I got disconnected and after a few minutes, I login again and then I can catch the rabbit in the middle of the 3rd lap.

There's puddles on track. Well, not really or visible. When the water level is 0 the cars make the occasional splash. This does not happen in arcade races at Spa - at 0 there's no sign of liquid water - and probably anywhere else.

I've seen that Suzuki too many times in leaderboards. Maybe it's glitched, maybe not, but I refuse to use it. If it gives me Gold, I feel like it was a result of a glitched car, not my own work.

Is this why you'd prefer to win with another car?
Not really glitched, but it's one of the cars that performs way above its PP level. The TS030, 2J and the KTM are the same.

Fuzzi0n pretty much hit it on the head. It's one of those cars that shows that the PP system isn't exactly perfect. I imagine it's programmed to take many different variables into account, but even then, it can't possibly take everything into account, because there are several elements that aren't quantifiable. Things like control, responsiveness, ease of driving... things like that.

Haven't tried since last night, but I can gaurantee you that the race is/was not easy at all. As I said in earlier post, I was lapping at 2-32-5 (pretty quick), and didn't have a show. Seems there may have been some correction in the AI behaviour/performance, but I hope it is not too easy. I don't recall a race where the AI have this mysterious ability to suddenly gain 75% extra speed for no apparent reason. Anyway, looking forward to resuming hostilities with the AI tonight.

UPDATE....As suspected, the race is now too easy. Last night, same vehicle, 8 races, 8 second places. First race tonight, same car,won by 14 seconds. Other two races, one go affairs. I don't know what's going on with this one, strange actually.

Last edited:
Tried it again tonight. This was a VERY different race. Having just done a couple of reviews on 500PP cars running Sports Softs from Mad Finn Tuners, I decided to use @Leonidae@MFT's Skyline GT-R V-Spec III tune. Last night, I got 4th, because as good as that car is on the corners, I got trounced by two Countaches in the straights, and I never even saw the R35 that was in the lead. Tonight, I easily stole the lead from a Spyker C8 halfway through the second lap, and it struggled to keep up from then on out. It was 12 seconds behind when I crossed the finish line.

It's amazing how difficult this seasonal was initially. I tried the R32, a Lancia Delta, and even an AE86 for the heck of it last night to no avail. Tonight, the "rabbits" are much easier and I beat it on my first run.

Yeah, I did try the R32 V-Spec III as well with same result, so I ended up trying 500PP Golf IV R32. Worked like a charm, the Yellowbird didn't stand a chance.

Have yet to complete this one, though that might be because of my own stubborn principles of no aids (except ABS 1), SH tires and a completely stock car. Used the V12 Vantage and the lead Rabbit was the same car. Passed him on lap 4 despite a punt penalty but then rubber banding kicked in big time and he stuck to my tail like a fly on a turd. Then the damn M4 joined in out of nowhere. Of course he hit me and I got the damn penalty. I ****ing quit before the finish. Are the AI immune to penalties? Because it sure looked like it to me. While they could do whatever they felt like i was given penalties left and right.

easy-peasy. I by no means say that in a bragging way, I'm a fairly mediocre driver, but I found this set of seasonals to be one of the easiest yet, and there have been a LOT of pretty easy seasonal sets.

I beat all 3 races quite handily with a Ford RS200 on an Arrakis 500pp tune with minor modifications to the brakes and LSD to suit my driving style. It was an old car I found near the bottom of my list that I figured I'd take out for another spin. I finished the Intermediate race 35 seconds ahead of second place, and the expert race 15 seconds ahead (of the F40). I guess I'd recommend that car and tune to anyone having difficulties here.

I just did a 2:35 best lap using the Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60 and ended up smoking the Nissan GTR '07, 500 PP tune stage 3 engine, Supercharger, Intake tuning, Catalytic converter, 100% power limiter, stage 3 weight reduction, twin plate clutch, carbon drive shaft, Fully customizable Dog-clutch transmission auto set to 230 KM/H ( I topped out so you could set it 240) Racing brakes set to 5 front 5 back, Fully customizable suspension stock settings I didn't tune them at all.

Simple but fun A Spec event.

So far I have had wins with:

Aston Martin DB9 '03 (500PP SS)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 (500PP SS)
Tommikaira ZZII
Tommykaira ZZ-S '00

The better credit grinder is definitely the Autumn Ring event so thats where ill be spending more time.

Difficult to compete in cockpit view with all that spray coming at one, but dipped the lights and watched for colour ahead.:scared:

Kaira ZZll with a race time of 14:37.02, lap 1 in 2:58.285, took the lead end of lap 2 in 2:53.34, best lap was #4 in 2:41.06. Race time of 14:37.022. G27, H-shifted with clutch.👍

Kept cycling AI field until the Yellow Bird and Zonda phased out and had the lead AI of a Nissan GT-R '07 or a Corvette Z06 '04.

Was too easy, so will try the Lancer TME tonight. Oh, and I am starting to get the hang of this drifting caper. Use to dig it in club rallies with the old Datto 510, but it feels a lot different in a simulator without the feel of g forces etc.:boggled:

Easy on my first attempt with Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR TOMMI MAKINEN EDITION '00
Rabbits were Ferrari 430 Scuderia and Nissan R390 Road Car (!). Lancer was handling really good with Racing springs!

Nice win with 3000 GT MR (J) 98. Good battle with the AC 427 on the last lap, it is very fast on the straights :)

Also scored wins with : And 400k to boot each win, thank you very much :D

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution '91
NSX '91
Civic Type R'08
RGT '00
Charger SRT8 '11
Gt40 Mark1 15th Ann.
Fit RS '10 - best lap 2:38.526 wow, my new favourite FF car
M3 CSL '03
Tesla Model S 15th Ann - very wierd
M3 Coupe chrome line

Won with the Mira TR-XX :lol: Any one who thinks this event is too easy, have a go with this little bugger and test your blocking and defence skills for 2 x laps :eek:

:cheers:

Last edited:
And why on earth are they calling this "Rainmasters", when 3/5 of the race takes place in conditions that would make Sahara seem like a rainy region?! And one is not allowed rain tyres?!
BRZ for me. Easy (yes, a big fat thanks to praiano63...), but one might consider a top speed a nudge above 196kph... :dunce:

Link to this tune? I can't find it.

I used the '08 Challenger SRT8 for the intermediate race, and when I seen this one had the same specs, I figured I'dd see how it would do in the rain. It did surprisingly well, although I had to be easy on the brakes, and of course the throttle. The rabbits were an F40, and GT40. Caught them both on lap 3, a went on the win fairly easy. Of course the two "40's" got faster once I got around them, and hounded me til the end.

Edit: Just want to add, the car had stock hp, but a lot of the other bolt ons.

I used a Cobra with ballast and power reduction - easy to pass the AI cars in the wet, took the lead on lap 3, but hard to keep the lead on a drying track as my car was slower. On the 4th lap the lead AI car overtook me and braked too late and ended in the gravel. Quite a close race and I enjoyed it. For those who complain that it's too easy - try using a car with less top speed and not so good handling to make it a closer race.

Easy win with the Subi imprezza. passed the leader at end of second lap. was 14 seconds ahead by end of third then near the end of the fifth lap the Ford GT was right on my tail...where did he get all that boost ??
He ended up ramming me at the last chicane before the start/finish and spun out...won by 2.1 seconds.

Used the Camaro for the intermediate and the little Vauxall for the beginner...both very easy. All cars with minor tunes.

I ended up using a Homda NSX Type-R '02 (Praiano tune) and had a riot. Going sideways through most of the corners and yet i won with a comfortable lead..

Fun car to drive on the wet stuff.

Pretty easy to be honest, the AI is really slow in the wet. Nice to see the track drying over the race though - it changes each time you do it too. I've run it 3 times now, twice in an Evo IV and once in an F430, 9% as I crossed the line the first time, 33% the second and 11% the third time. As long as you stay off the racing line for the first 3 laps you'll have more grip, once it really starts to dry you can run the normal line again.
Nice to see the game has that built in. A friend of mine who races Porsches in real life was saying to me, only a couple of days ago, about how he wins in the wet by avoiding the usual part of the track as the rain on the rubber (left by tyres cornering) makes that part of the track slippy.
Good job PD :)

Finally got it over with. Used a stock detuned R8 4.2 FSI (reduced power and added ballast) and upgraded to SM tires. Finished ahead of the R390 by 0.777 seconds. But the rubber banding is still insane I think. From being almost 10 seconds a lap quicker to barely staying ahead.

Nice to see the game has that built in. A friend of mine who races Porsches in real life was saying to me, only a couple of days ago, about how he wins in the wet by avoiding the usual part of the track as the rain on the rubber (left by tyres cornering) makes that part of the track slippy.
Good job PD :)

I noticed this too. You can also see the water spray changing in size as the track dries to imply puddles and driving on or off the racing line (which is dryer). Just to bad the PS3 doesn't have the power to let them add reflections on the road since it's easy to somewhat forget you're driving in a wet surface when the sun comes out and no cars are ahead.

I managed to win this one first time using a KTM X-BOW Street that was detuned to 500pp. Ferraris were flying past me down the straight after Eau Rouge but I was passing them again in the corners! Lots of sideways fun in that car...

FUN FUN FUN!!!! This is the BEST expert event ever!

I won with stock BRZ 12@ 500 PP with no tune, no aids and clean passes. It was amazing race with the Zonda C12. I took the lead in 3rd lap early on. Zonda C12 battles with me ALL THE WAY TO THE FINISH LINE. I'm amazed and blown away by how clean and how competitive the Zonda C12 driver is. For example, when I defend my line, he will slightly tap on brake to slow down and not crash into me. When there is opening, he will try to pass me cleanly. Particularly on the straight, he will draft me for a while and then make the pass. When I pass him either on the inside or outside, I always leave him some room and he will not ram into me. I literally race side by side with him for 2-3 laps being passed and passing. Guess what, all other AIs are left in the dust. When I and the Zonda finished, all other cars are still running. See pictures below. Lap times: 2:45.xxx-3:00.xxx which has the widest variation in all my seasonal race.

I also tried stock Tesla and stock Lexus ISF @ 500pp with no tune, no aids. Lap times: 2:50.xxx-3:04.xxx and got Silver. The Tesla braking is the BEST among 3 cars, I can brake way way later but acceleration sucks and always get passed by the rabbit in the straight while ISF gets very good acceleration but too much brake release oversteer if not careful.

Guys, please SHARE YOUR LAP TIMES TOO!!!! :D

2gvq141.jpg

vqp7bk.jpg

easy-peasy. I by no means say that in a bragging way, I'm a fairly mediocre driver, but I found this set of seasonals to be one of the easiest yet, and there have been a LOT of pretty easy seasonal sets.

I beat all 3 races quite handily with a Ford RS200 on an Arrakis 500pp tune with minor modifications to the brakes and LSD to suit my driving style. It was an old car I found near the bottom of my list that I figured I'd take out for another spin. I finished the Intermediate race 35 seconds ahead of second place, and the expert race 15 seconds ahead (of the F40). I guess I'd recommend that car and tune to anyone having difficulties here.

No rubber banding effect??? What were your lap times and what are the rabbits? I assume no aids. I never win against the AIs by more than 15 seconds lol. Would you like to share a replay or video or pictures??

No rubber banding effect??? What were your lap times and what are the rabbits? I assume no aids. I never win against the AIs by more than 15 seconds lol. Would you like to share a replay or video or pictures??

No, I surprisingly didn't notice any rubber-banding, at least it wasn't obvious. I thought that kind of odd, especially after last weeks seasonals where no matter how fast of a laptime you put in you couldn't win by more than a second or two. I don't have the ability to record video and I didn't pay much attention to my laptimes when I raced. I might grind the Autumn Ring a few more times and see if I can't get a screenshot of similar results.

Maybe (as other folks have suggested) PD has been changing a few things on these races and I just got in on a lucky window. Maybe it's a glitch with that car. Or perhaps the AI was too intimidated by my mighty RS200 and it's awesome 380hp to get close.

No, I surprisingly didn't notice any rubber-banding, at least it wasn't obvious. I thought that kind of odd, especially after last weeks seasonals where no matter how fast of a laptime you put in you couldn't win by more than a second or two. I don't have the ability to record video and I didn't pay much attention to my laptimes when I raced. I might grind the Autumn Ring a few more times and see if I can't get a screenshot of similar results.

Maybe (as other folks have suggested) PD has been changing a few things on these races and I just got in on a lucky window. Maybe it's a glitch with that car. Or perhaps the AI was too intimidated by my mighty RS200 and it's awesome 380hp to get close.

I tried this 2 more times, won Intermediate event by 35.7 seconds on my first try, again. I noticed NO rubber-banding at all, I consistently gained on the leader a fairly static amount every lap. Screwed up my first lap a bit, but once I got going I was putting in laptimes of around 1.19 flat. No driving aids and no corner cutting on a DS3 controller. I can share the tune if anyone is interested

Just tried the Expert event again too. Despite 2 semi-bogus ramming penalties and 2 unintentional shortcut penalties early in the race, I came in 22 seconds ahead of the second place C8 Laviolette, although I took the picture a second too late to record the times in photo. Again, I didn't notice any rubber-banding. My best lap was around a 2:39.10 in the same RS200

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried the Expert event again too. Despite 2 semi-bogus ramming penalties and 2 unintentional shortcut penalties early in the race, I came in 22 seconds ahead of the second place C8 Laviolette, although I took the picture a second too late to record the times in photo. Again, I didn't notice any rubber-banding. My best lap was around a 2:39.10 in the same RS200

Ah, thanks for the share. I think the rubber banding effect occurs depending on different rabbit. In your race, you have the C8 Laviolette rabbit (which is not as fast as Zonda C12 rabbit) and in my post, that C8 finished 3rd running 17 seconds behind. That further suggests C8 does not have that much of a rubber banding effect.

I would think if you have the Zonda C12 as the rabbit, you will not have 22 seconds gap lol. Would you like to take some times and race against the Zonda C12. If the result is a few seconds gap, that would suggest to us that rubber banding effects intensity depends on how fast the rabbit is.

I also tried the RS200 and won all 3 event, although I had a hard time with the Saleen in the beginners event. The ford GT'06 did all 3 easily. now looking at other cars that can do all three.. :)

Back