A-spec Expert Level Rainmasters: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
Like the way they set this one up.
Having to dip your toe in the line every corner to see if the water is warm yet,
all while coming under increasing pressure from AI2.
As soon as his times start coming down, you pretty much know you can jump in and play too.

Thumping C63, not bad listening for 15mins.
(sorry for sector 1 repeat at start of lap 3, forgot I was recording at the time. I cut it out on youtube, but seems this process doesn't happen instantly, my apologies if it is still there)

Haven't been able to find out whose tune it is, but here are the essensials...
RH 100/100
SR 6.00/7.00
DC 5/4
DE 4/5
ARB 3/4
CA 0.0/0.0
TA -0.08/0.08
Racing brakes 8/7

LSD 5/15/10

500PP
304BHP
1090KG
50:50Weight

It works like a charm for me! :-)

Cheers, mate. 👍

I was hesitant to tackle this one. "Expert" and "rain". I happened to have recently improved an 04 EVO VIII and figured I'd see how tough.... Was easier than I expected. I set no records for sure but I caught up to the Yellow Bird at the end of lap 2; rode his tail till lap 4 started and couldn't help blowing by him on a turn. Of course he followed me tight through laps 4 and 5; trading first place occasionally.
He had me in the last strait, but that AI has no desire to drift through an S bend but in an EVO it's too much fun to pass up sometimes.... Makes for a good video finish too ;-)

Last edited:
Perfect race for earning cash and tuning some new 500 PP-cars. 👍

So far I've won this race with the X-Bow Street, RS4 Avant, Skyline GT-R '02 and the Ruf BTR. Could be some more cars too, but these are the ones I can remember with ease.

Using G27 with manual shifting (paddles on the X-Bow, stick with clutch on the others), ABS 1, everything else off.

I was bored the first time I ran Spa. With Spa I do not know the meaning of the word Expert??
Do you mean the first time you ran this particular event? Or do you mean the first time you ran Spa in Gran Turismo 6? I'm just trying to understand if it is the track you don't like or this particular event. I've enjoyed this event because I don't get much practice driving in the rain. I never turn it on when I'm driving by myself and the AI cars on the track, while easy to overtake for the most part, do add some additional challenge in the rain - passing cleanly when I intentionally drive detuned cars.

My three year old daughter wanted a violet car.
We both agreed on the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85. As I did not have a chrome violet color, pink was decided as good enough. (She wasn't completly happy..)

With a little help from Praiano (LINK) and tuned up abit this was fun on Spa. Unfortunatly I need more than one evening to adjust to the car. And I probably need to use the wheel.
The Zonda C12 won with me in second, about 3-4sec behind, and the Corvette C7 19sec behind as third.
I actually had the Zonda, but he was playing dirty an spun me. As I decided to spin again it was a lost cause.
My little 205 was not able to catch the Zonda which decided that it was time to use the gas pedal.
I am quite sure he was searching for it in the previous four laps..

All in all an joyful evening.

Do you mean the first time you ran this particular event? Or do you mean the first time you ran Spa in Gran Turismo 6? I'm just trying to understand if it is the track you don't like or this particular event. I've enjoyed this event because I don't get much practice driving in the rain. I never turn it on when I'm driving by myself and the AI cars on the track, while easy to overtake for the most part, do add some additional challenge in the rain - passing cleanly when I intentionally drive detuned cars.

Just this event. The AI cars are not fast enough in the rain.

I'm liking this event. Tried it in a stock '04 Civic Type R, stock RX7 (can't remember exactly which model) and a stock' 04 Evo VIII. Well, I say stock. They had SS tyres fitted. Gold medals each time I try with the RX7, and Evo (usually finish about two seconds ahead of whatever is behind me) Silver with the Civic, six seconds behind the lead. Great for cashing in with a 200% sign in bonus, and good fun too.

I thought this was going to be hard-ish but I was in 1st place by lap 3 with the SCION FRS, all aids off, abs 0.

Im not the fastest driver either, lap times 2:39s & 2:40s, DS3.

AI cant handle the rain I guess.

I thought this was going to be hard-ish but I was in 1st place by lap 3 with the SCION FRS, all aids off, abs 0.

Im not the fastest driver either, lap times 2:39s & 2:40s, DS3.

AI cant handle the rain I guess.

The AI cars are very slow in the rain.

found it easier than it seems

i did it 1st shot with a Gallardo, then an Aventador

i think whats the problem is that the CPU sucks at rain driving and the weather clears up so its a a bit confidence building as you go

also the two rabbit cars were overpowered r35s which were very quick out of corners

I used a lightly tuned '02 Lotus Esprit V8 for this one and managed to hold off the leading Ferrari F40 by a few seconds for the win.

Last edited:
A bit late but thought I would say I really enjoyed this one. I love the circuit and it was even more fun in the wet in cockpit view with the spray. Used a stock Mitsubishi Evo VI '99 but the old Ferrari (can't remember which model) I was racing against was just a bit too quick on the straights once the track dried out so I added a better exhaust and sports computer to give my Evo more power and speed on he straights and managed to win.

Back