A-spec Expert Level Rainmasters: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
Used a Lancia Delta '91. I was in P1 half way through L3, but had to stay focused and hit my marks for 2 1/2 laps because the Zonda stayed on my tail. Will boot it up again to see how it does against another line up.

Have never done well in the expert races but took a massive lead in this one. Had my 99 nissan gtr34 tuned with a little ballast in the back. had the c8 rabbit and passed him half way through the race. My first race in the rain!

Audi TTS Very interesting race against GT-R. Took P1 on L2 by the end of L3 had a 5 sec lead. End of Race only 2 sec lead. My lap times continued to improve even though lead shrank.
L2 2:51
L3 2:50 with 5 sec lead
L4 2: 45 with 3 sec lead
L5 2:40 with 2 sec lead

Ah, thanks for the share. I think the rubber banding effect occurs depending on different rabbit. In your race, you have the C8 Laviolette rabbit (which is not as fast as Zonda C12 rabbit) and in my post, that C8 finished 3rd running 17 seconds behind. That further suggests C8 does not have that much of a rubber banding effect.

I would think if you have the Zonda C12 as the rabbit, you will not have 22 seconds gap lol. Would you like to take some times and race against the Zonda C12. If the result is a few seconds gap, that would suggest to us that rubber banding effects intensity depends on how fast the rabbit is.

You might be onto something here. I raced again, this time with the Mark 1 GT40 as the rabbit and only won by 12 seconds. At one point I was up to 19 seconds ahead, somewhere around the 3rd lap, and my last two laps were some of my best, meaning he likely DID rubber-band some. It's hard to say for sure though, my lap times varied from 2:36.xx to 2:45.xx. It's rather difficult for me to put in consistent laps on this one.

I have no doubt that some rabbits are faster than others though, that's been the case with most of the seasonals. I just haven't seen a situation where I could gain 16 seconds a lap on first place until I was in front of him and then he'd never fall more than 20 feet behind me (like some recent seasonals) until now, and again, it's difficult to tell for certain on my last race. Still, you might have a very valid point about some cars rubber-banding more than others (and perhaps some none at all).

Finally found your Zonda C12. Beat it by 18.4 seconds, but even though I was putting in more consistent laps 2:39.xx to 2:42.xx, it wouldn't let me get much more ahead of it than that. I started out 18 seconds ahead of him on 5th lap (which I finished with a 2:39) and didn't really gain any extra ground. This means he somehow magically picked up his pace by about 8 seconds in that last lap. I think you may be right, some cars do rubberband more, and some not at all

Last edited:
i used a modded Renault Sport Clio 00 B24. was a easy win though i was unable to shake the cars off my rear easily

Guys, please SHARE YOUR LAP TIMES TOO!!!! :D

I got 14:20 with my '94 R32 Skyline GT-R V-spec 2. No assists, no SRF, just ABS 1.

It's not the fastest car for this event, but I really don't feel comfortable driving anything MR or RR in the rain.

I don't like rain. :indiff:

BTW, with SRF enabled, I did 13:50. So that's like a 30-second advantage with SRF.

Did all three of the new events in a row. Since I do not play that much (few hours a week at most) and usually do not use a wheel was nice to see some events that was not to hard. Won all three - 1st try.
This race used older skyline 4WD and won, was a little tuff as the Viper was the car to beat. Past the viper on about lap 3.5, shortly after that almost got punted by the viper. So slowed down a little to regain balance, quickly caught up an passed again. However not much later was on the outside and the viper punted me off the track. Luckily did not spin out or come to a stop. The viper started really laying down the rubber and was approaching a 4 sec gap before I started to catch up. Kept at it and caught and passed the viper towards the end of lap 4. However the viper was no where at the pace that he was on in lap 3. After that the viper never caught back up.
I think the miles and wins for special events should be recorded in the cars history "sad that it is not".

First 5 times I did this one, I was chasing a rabbit and only got to 5 seconds behind 1st at best. Wait 2 days, 1st by lap 2 and gap them easily, and win by a . They definitely softened this one

Did all three of the new events in a row. Since I do not play that much (few hours a week at most) and usually do not use a wheel was nice to see some events that was not to hard. Won all three - 1st try.
This race used older skyline 4WD and won, was a little tuff as the Viper was the car to beat. Past the viper on about lap 3.5, shortly after that almost got punted by the viper. So slowed down a little to regain balance, quickly caught up an passed again. However not much later was on the outside and the viper punted me off the track. Luckily did not spin out or come to a stop. The viper started really laying down the rubber and was approaching a 4 sec gap before I started to catch up. Kept at it and caught and passed the viper towards the end of lap 4. However the viper was no where at the pace that he was on in lap 3. After that the viper never caught back up.
I think the miles and wins for special events should be recorded in the cars history "sad that it is not".

eh? wins and miles logged on seasonals are not counted in your 'stats' page? that's news to me. Doesn't really effect anything, and I get plenty of hours logged anyway, but I'm frankly quite surprised and appalled if this is true

Distance driven and track time do get added to the stats/cars from the seasonal events, but no wins added on the win counter, I'm sure that is for offline mode only.

Easy with the GT86 aniv.
Had the GTR '07 as rabbit
I have won all three a-spec races without any trouble.
Have never seen any easier seasonal.

All 3 seasonal events I won when I took my path my way (in my El Camino):lol:
As well won all 3 with my Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line:D
All 3 with the Viper SRT10 '03:tup:
All 3 with Stock Camaro ss '10 (Cost 35000 Kazs, winnings 824000 Kazs)👍

Last edited:
Fairly easy win in a M3 CSL '03 with a 2.39.532 Best lap. SS tires, and only modification to the car was a carbon driveshaft and triple plate clutch. Had a '14 Vette as rabbit and took the lead halfway in the 2nd lap.

Just bought a prowler and dressed it up a little. Top car for all three events, won all in one go. Don't know if I would like to be driving it in the rain though. Begginers one was the best, trying to beat the zonda was great fun. No way without slip streaming it, quicker than the prowler.
Just a thought, next time your doing the rainmasters, look in your mirror, there's something missing.

500pp Alfa 8C Competizione
Not easy win but it was fun :) Lead car was Zonda C12 and as always at last turn rabbit goes kamikaze through the turn. Such a advanced AI :D

I did enter on this event with Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) with 180kg extra weight on real axle to match 500 pp, having weigth balance about 51:49 and power tune from full upgraded Vette to 50%. I had standard gearbox, traction control 1 and abs 1.

I won event reasonable easily leading from lap 3 to finishline, but gap to second at end of the race was just 1.5 seconds. Main rival was Ferrari GTO 84'. Other opponents were not tough at all. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 was second and Lamborghini Countach '88 3rd.

Weather was from full wet till 2nd lap and dried to 5% at very end of the race. I did catch others very quick on wet conditions, but after I got past that Ferrari, it sticked at my rear bumber within 3 seconds for remaining 2.5 laps. It was quick on straights but had no change on corners.

Maybe I was lucky with randomized opponents?

I used Covettes for all 3 events. For beginners I used a stock C7. For the other two a C4 ZR1. SS tyres and an oilchange. Had a Viper GTS 02' as rabbit at Spa. I won with a couple of seconds, even though I had spin on lap 1.

I used a stock Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE '12 with SH tyres, against the Ferrari F40 rabbit and won by a close 1.658 seconds.

Used the same car. Fully adjustable suspension at default settings, and tri-plate clutch, full cust. diff, carbon drive shaft. SH tyres. Had an M5 (literally white) and a Ferrari California as the rabbits. Passed them at the end of the 3rd lap. After that, OH MAN, it's like the AI tried to kill me!!!! The Ferrari rammed me I don't know how many times and the M5 did it's best to use it's weight on my poor Scooby. They beat the crap out of me!!! I still won, but my car didn't look like it in the end. Specially the rear.

All in all, not fun.

Can anyone teach me about tweaking the brake balance when driving in the wet?

The car seems to be very easy to spin out under braking unless the front and the back are set the same or almost the same.

Can anyone teach me about tweaking the brake balance when driving in the wet?

The car seems to be very easy to spin out under braking unless the front and the back are set the same or almost the same.
Depends on the car's weight balance, but 6/4, 7/3, 7/2 or 7/1 is where I stay on cars that need to keep the nose pointed.

Rabbit was a Spyker, not especially fast but clearly very stable at speed. Used my 500PP Z34 on Comfort Softs (no driving aids) for the wet grip and found myself in 1st braking later than the Spyker before the final chicane. I was unaware that the track would start drying and played hell holding that thing off for the last lap--sealed the win braking into the very same chicane and winding my way through the subsequent sharp left. It was fun...shame it took so long between the race loading and me actually having control.

No rubber banding effect??? What were your lap times and what are the rabbits? I assume no aids. I never win against the AIs by more than 15 seconds lol. Would you like to share a replay or video or pictures??

BZR stock except tires... won by 0.3 seconds, rubberband definitely present as i spin out, lose 15 seconds, caught up pass in lap 3 and they are on my tail since. Lap time 2:45 on most decent laps, all off except abs 1 n driving line cos i cannot guess how dry track is.

Beat Ford GT40 Mk1 '66 by 1.3secs
in my Lotus Elise 111R for gold at the 2nd attempt after losing traction coming up to the final chicane first time and ending up 3rd. Was gonna go with the DB7 Vantage but found it a little heavy for my driving style.

Beat Ford GT40 Mk1 '66 by 1.3secs
in my Lotus Elise 111R for gold at the 2nd attempt after losing traction coming up to the final chicane first time and ending up 3rd. Was gonna go with the DB7 Vantage but found it a little heavy for my driving style.

Great for the Lotus Elise 111R!!

Having a blast with this, though a little dissappointed I came to it after PD clearly made it easier. Won it first try in the premium Esprit, so gradually notching down the PP, just won in the 512BB, good dicing with the F40 rabbit but still not too taxing. Massive rubberbanding in this though, makes a good one-on-one sprint at the end but hugely unrealistic. Oh for a proper grid start, better AI, tyre deg etc etc.

Having a blast with this, though a little dissappointed I came to it after PD clearly made it easier. Won it first try in the premium Esprit, so gradually notching down the PP, just won in the 512BB, good dicing with the F40 rabbit but still not too taxing. Massive rubberbanding in this though, makes a good one-on-one sprint at the end but hugely unrealistic. Oh for a proper grid start, better AI, tyre deg etc etc.

Yes, on the proper grid start!!

Latest Posts

Back