A-spec Expert Level Rainmasters: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
So the Suzuki GSX seems to be the easiest car to win with?

I'd like to win with something other than that, but with the luck I've had, that might probably be my last resort.

I've used the GSX but it's not my cup of tea!

No Aids. Yes Tune. Power to Weight 4.24 KG/HP Weight 1,158 PP500 HP273.In P1 RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" P2 Jaguar XKR Coupe. Clean Race. Fast Lap 2:48.401 Corvette Z06 (C5) Won By 00.515 over RUF CTR "Yellow Bird". Great Race At The End With The Corvette and "Yellow Bird"!

Last edited:
This was one great seasonal. I had to fight till the end with a GT40 Mark 1, the damn thing made me work hard for the win. I used a BMW 135i coupe.

Used a tuned Scion FR-S to win this event, zero aids except ABS1...quite an easy race actually. I also used the exact same tune/car to win the Autumn Ring event as well.

Can anyone teach me about tweaking the brake balance when driving in the wet?

The car seems to be very easy to spin out under braking unless the front and the back are set the same or almost the same.
I find it helps to keep front brakes much higher in the wet. There is less of the E-brake effect. There are places on this track that will create a spin problem if you are too hard on the brakes at the initial hit. Light taps at first and then full brake works best to reduce spin tendency.

Hi all, :)
Has anyone else tried this with the ?:Fit RS '10 - This car fully tuned is great fun , nothing like blowing away super cars in a Honda Fit right :P

Or the : Mira TR-XX Avanzato R '97 - This adds a real challenge to the race :eek: . You can be in the lead by the 3rd lap but then you have to fight , scrape , block and defend for 2 x laps losing the lead and then have to regain and defend again very exciting and adds a new dimension to this seasonal :drool:
Any way if you are looking for a different slant on the race and a real challenge and great fun maybe have a go 👍

:cheers: all.

I took my RUF RGT, did Stage 3 weight reduction then added almost all of it back in ballast and got it closer to a 50:50 weight distribution. Otherwise stock. First attempt, I had all the driver aids on and caught the 288 GTO on lap 3 then spent the rest of the race fighting it—it'd pass me on the straights, but I'd take it back on the turns. So not an easy win, but I ended up pulling it off. Honestly, it was nice to have a competitive race against the AI! (Though obviously I only caught up to the Ferrari because of rubber banding, since it doesn't make any sense otherwise.)

Then I bought an '02 Audi RS6 (sedan) to try without the major driver aids. Figured an AWD car would work well. Not as fast as the RGT, but I took first on lap 3 again... then got punted off the track on lap 5 by the 288 GTO on Eau Rouge. :irked: I was less than a car length behind the thing when I crossed the finish line. Quite irritating.

But I was feeling masochistic, so I took the RGT out again with few of the driver aids on (just active steering, TC1, ABS1, and "Professional" mode on the steering wheel settings, I think). I wasn't expecting much, but I managed to win again. Granted, this time I was up against a different "rabbit"—I think it was the C7 Corvette. Unlike the first race, it was actually a comfortable win.

The race may be over 15 minutes long, but for around 400,000 CR (or is it 300K with the login bonus?) it actually seems like a decent means of farming credits!

(Oh, and on a side note, that oval track seasonal that came with this one was awful. I hate ovals!)

I was back home for the Yom Kippur holy days. Thank you @praiano63 for the excellent tune on the 22B! I haven't played GT6 in over 2 months. I didn't even get my wheel out and won this by 8.63 seconds over the R390 road car. I did use TC and ABS 1 on my DS3. I had the lead before the end of the 2nd lap. My last 2 laps were 2:41 and 2:40. After that race was over my hands were tired. I am hoping to try and run this race a few more times.

I have missed my friends here. I have to give my son thanks for getting me logged in so that I had the 200% bonus. The ministry has been very good. I have seen several miracles and 2 people in 10 days I was used to lead them to the Lord. I'll be around for another 3 days or so. I still don't have a lot of time for GT6, but these seasonal have been great fun. Many blessings to the :gtplanet: community.

I was able to beat this last night with the GSX/R it took me two tries. The first time the rabbit was XJ-220 and it beat me the first time but only because I had a horrible last lap and had a slight spin out near the end and the Jag was able to slip by me and I lost by 0.002 sec. Other than the spin out I had good clean race probably one of my best races too bad I lost. Next time out the rabbit was an Aston Martin Vantage 10 I took the lead at the end of the 2nd lap and I pulled away but on the last lap the Vantage caught up to me and only won by .005 sec.

kjb
I was able to beat this last night with the GSX/R it took me two tries. The first time the rabbit was XJ-220 and it beat me the first time but only because I had a horrible last lap and had a slight spin out near the end and the Jag was able to slip by me and I lost by 0.002 sec. Other than the spin out I had good clean race probably one of my best races too bad I lost. Next time out the rabbit was an Aston Martin Vantage 10 I took the lead at the end of the 2nd lap and I pulled away but on the last lap the Vantage caught up to me and only won by .005 sec.

Nice!!

This is a very fun event on a good track. The rain is a nice challenge (especially in terms of braking and general car control), but quite fun. Won with a Ford Focus ST '06 (that was used for the intermediate seasonal), and a Mazda RX-8. Tried using a Sprinter Trueno '83, but found the car too unstable for the wet - especially during the uphill section after the first corner...

I'll definitely try out other cars on this seasonal as the payout is too good to pass up.

I used the Audi R8 V10 with power reduced to reach 500PP and sailed through the race. It was a very good Seasonal and a nice change compared to the run of the mill ones we usually see.

kjb
That is so epic battle with the AIs. This is crazy close. I wish you have the video lol. I love the AI competitiveness in this event so much. When I race against the top AI, it does clean pass, clean defend and yield room.

I wanted to see if a slow driver could win all three events with the same car so I took my Mustang Boss out of my garage for the challenge. Of course easy win on Autumn Ring. I was easy in the lead on Spa in less than the usual two laps and then kept the lead using a lot of blocking. Then got the PP up to 549 and won the Twin Ring Motegi again with some blocking.

I didn’t use any tuning at all, just adjusted the top speed to a suitable level.

Maybe I shall now try the same with another big car.

Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04 Versus P1 GT-R '07 P2 Corvette Stingray (C7) '14. No Aids. Yes Tune. Fast Lap 2:45.360. Won by 00.682 over Corvette. Clean Race For The Pontiac. I Got Putted By The Corvette Into A Barrier And On Top Of That Got A Penalty For Hitting The Barrier But Still Won.

I wanted to see if a slow driver could win all three events with the same car so I took my Mustang Boss out of my garage for the challenge. Of course easy win on Autumn Ring. I was easy in the lead on Spa in less than the usual two laps and then kept the lead using a lot of blocking. Then got the PP up to 549 and won the Twin Ring Motegi again with some blocking.

I didn’t use any tuning at all, just adjusted the top speed to a suitable level.

Maybe I shall now try the same with another big car.

Can you please share your lap times in all 3 events in the format of (slowest-fastest)?

Blocking, if you mean, swerving left to right, right to left MORE than one before the next turn, is frown upon in auto-sport. It is against the rule in many racing organizations.

I hope you mean defending with no more than 1 move before the next turn which is legit way to win. If you actually block, please try again with defend and clean passes. It might be challenging but more rewarding in winning the race knowing yourself did it right.

You might be onto something here. I raced again, this time with the Mark 1 GT40 as the rabbit and only won by 12 seconds. At one point I was up to 19 seconds ahead, somewhere around the 3rd lap, and my last two laps were some of my best, meaning he likely DID rubber-band some. It's hard to say for sure though, my lap times varied from 2:36.xx to 2:45.xx. It's rather difficult for me to put in consistent laps on this one.

I have no doubt that some rabbits are faster than others though, that's been the case with most of the seasonals. I just haven't seen a situation where I could gain 16 seconds a lap on first place until I was in front of him and then he'd never fall more than 20 feet behind me (like some recent seasonals) until now, and again, it's difficult to tell for certain on my last race. Still, you might have a very valid point about some cars rubber-banding more than others (and perhaps some none at all).

Finally found your Zonda C12. Beat it by 18.4 seconds, but even though I was putting in more consistent laps 2:39.xx to 2:42.xx, it wouldn't let me get much more ahead of it than that. I started out 18 seconds ahead of him on 5th lap (which I finished with a 2:39) and didn't really gain any extra ground. This means he somehow magically picked up his pace by about 8 seconds in that last lap. I think you may be right, some cars do rubberband more, and some not at all

You have fantastic lap times!!! Did you use any tune, aid? I assume you do all passes cleanly.

Thank you for your sharing! This is very interesting. By now, we can see that:
1. Some rabbits are faster than others.
2. There is some probability that some rabbits are more prone to rubber banding effect more than the others.

That is so epic battle with the AIs. This is crazy close. I wish you have the video lol. I love the AI competitiveness in this event so much. When I race against the top AI, it does clean pass, clean defend and yield room.
I do have a video but the only reason it ended being that close is because I got a shortcut penalty for going too wide on the last corner. I should have lost that race.

Last edited:
Wow! I just re-ran this race with the Tommykaira ZZII '00 and boy was it a lot easier than my first race/win with the GSX-R. It just has a lot more power. For a course like Spa, the GSX-R is almost too light. I passed the 427 S/C and then the Zonda just before the Bus Stop chicane on Lap 2. The Zonda held up pretty good, but never got within 5 seconds of me again. I finished the race about 8 seconds ahead of the Zonda. My final two laps were 2:41.225 and 2:40.371.

One thing I noticed about this running this race a second time. The rain was much different than my first race. On my first race the rain got progressively weaker about the middle of the 3rd lap. If I remember correctly it wasn't raining anymore then. By time I crossed the finish line the track water level was at 4%. With this race, the rain stopped sometime during the 2nd lap, but started back up again during the 3rd lap and was coming down heavy again. It didn't rain all that long though. When I crossed the finish line the track water level was at 55%! Having said that, I was able to really put the hammer down during the last two laps. On Lap 5 I kept my foot to the floor through Eau Rouge and Radillon and it was the only lap I didn't have to lift at all though Blanchimont. I didn't lift on Lap 4 through Blanchimont but I slid extremely wide and if it weren't a video game, probably would have been torn to bit in a crash. Luckily, I just drove on the extended tarmac and continued to the Bus Stop unharmed.

I really hope I use this event for grinding purposes because I A) Severely need practice racing in the rain. I never activate rain when I drive in Free Mode and B) This is a good PP level for me to work on improving my driving at Spa. Surely I will succumb to laziness and ruin this opportunity for me. :dunce: :drool: :mad:

You have fantastic lap times!!! Did you use any tune, aid? I assume you do all passes cleanly.

Thank you for your sharing! This is very interesting. By now, we can see that:
1. Some rabbits are faster than others.
2. There is some probability that some rabbits are more prone to rubber banding effect more than the others.

Yep, I agree with both of those statements. I'll also add/clarify that a few cars seemed to rubber-band almost none at all

The tune, since you asked (thanks to Arrakis Speed Shop for the basis of this tune and a good many of these settings):

Ford RS200 '84
500PP, no aids, clean driving. 386HP, 1092kg. Capable of 1.21.xx laps on Intermediate Autumn Ring seasonal or better and 2.36.xx or better on Spa seasonal (those were my best laps, but I'm not the best driver)

Parts/settings, in order to be performed:
Pit Service: Improve body rigidity, NO oil change (?)
Weight Reduction 3, Carbon hood, no ballast or downforce
Engine tuning 3, Racing Exhaust, High range turbo, power limited to 98.6% (500PP)
Customizable LSD set at initial 7/10, accel 18/14, braking 22/23
Triple-plate clutch, Torque-distributing differential at 35:65
customizable Transmission:
Set final gear to 5.250
Set top speed to 112mph
Set gears
1:4.153
2:2.665
3:1.960
4:1.533
5:1.261
Final 3.750 (for Intermediate seasonal (?), a bit lower, maybe 3.5 for Spa (?), can't remember what I last used). Adjust only final gear to adjust top speed.
customizable suspension at height 89/92, springs 6.15/7.22, compression 3/4, extension 4/5, ARB 4/2, camber 0/0, toe +0.02/+0.03
and racing brakes 5/1

Last edited:
Ahhh, you improved the body rigidity in the RS200??...I didn't think of doing that. I'll try her next in the Expert Level Seasonal Event. As I said in the other thread, I found the RS200 to be an absolute delight to drive in the Seasonal Event at Autumn Ring.

Do you remember how the car drove before applying the improved rigidity? If so, what would you say are the biggest differences? I have had a couple of bad experiences after applying that particular modification on some cars. There are no takesy-backsies with the Body Rigidity mod.

^sorry, I don't recall what it was like to drive before the improved body rigidity. I have noticed on other cars I've done that modification to that they feel a bit "tighter" with the improved rigidity (which would make sense I suppose). They're a bit more responsive and nimble, I suppose mainly because the body doesn't flex as much, the weight doesn't get shifted around as much as it rolls, so it comes back quicker. It isn't a huge difference, but I usually do feel they handle a tad better.

In general I improve the rigidity on most of my cars, especially older ones. The only semi-down side that I've found is that some of them seem to "catch" on the rub strips a bit more causing them to want to spin if the car rides quite low and you hit one just wrong. On this particular car and setup I don't notice any of this effect.

Last edited:
I have only seen negative handling results with I.B.R. with this option so I never use it. It makes cars jump around corners and spin as a result of this option and it cannot be undone. My experience only. You need a small percentage of quantities amount of flex to run on track especially if you are running on the edges of the track were all the best speed is waiting to be tapped.

^good to hear another opinion. I'll have to look into it more, I haven't really done any true before-and-after comparisons.

What you say makes some sense. Is it possible that the tune compensates somewhat for this increased body rigidity by running lower anti-roll bar settings (or other suspension components) than would be used without the improved rigidity? Or in your opinion does it alter it in other unrecoverable ways? I haven't noticed many negatives besides what I described before, and I have a number of cars that have improved rigidity. Generally cars feel mildly "better" to me with that adjustment unless they're pretty stiff right out of the box. But as I mentioned, I haven't really done direct comparisons.

I just know this car drives pretty darn good this way and am wondering if I can develop a rule-of-thumb for future tuning

I assumed the improved body rigidity option was equivalent to adding a rollcage and sway bars to a car, both of which racecars utilize and both of which improve rigidity

Last edited:
Yes!! The lower the weight the better. Just IBR does not work for the way I drive. I like it happy in the rear of my race cars.

Last edited:
"Simulation" steering wheel setting with only TC2 and ABS1 and I still pulled it off! W00t! (In the RUF RGT again.)

(Spyker and Pagani Zonda in #2 and #3.)

Back