A-spec Expert Level Roadster/MX-5: Tsukuba 6 Laps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 168 comments
^^^
Dang you, I think that's faster than my best. What a fatty.

I only went back to try it again because I saw your time haha. Took me several tries, and there was no way my previous tune was going to cut it, so I had to tweak it. These were my times straight in a row...

6:47.144
6:47.296
6:47.333
6:47.148

I had to change something.

What I found is that the ballast was slowing me down, even though it made the car closer to a 50/50 weight distribution, it still pushed me too far in the corners. I also changed the FD a bit, bumping right on the limiter at the end of the straight. I had a clean 6:45 going, but jacked up one corner :(.

ShaunM80: I used your suspension set up, thank you sir.

Yeah Shaun,
I've been using your tune for grinding and I want to thank you for that. I've just restarted GT-6 as a new entity and grinding through the normal races to make money is a very GLACIAL process.
Can't thank you enough,
Cheers, Pete

P.S. My best (Geezer@72) time using Shaun's tune the way it was written is 7:00 flat, passing the rabbit on lap 5. Consistent 1:05's and occasional 1;04'S

Last edited:
Why should anyone care what driver aids others use in these type events? The event is open to anyone to use whatever is allowed.
I don't care what settings anyone uses, but I do think that people should announce any driving aids that are used when posting times. Not because I think they need to confess to anything, but just so fair comparisons can be made. After all, sharing our times is basically saying "Hey...Look at what I was able to do..." and that's cool, but it's a little misleading if two people are posting similar times yet one person has 0 aids turned on and the other person has all the driving aids activated. Of course, I also feel that no one is obligated to reveal anything they don't want to.

I don't care about anyone's settings either, but to be fair, I don't compare my times to people using a wheel, or people using SRF & active steering. I use a controller with AUTO, ABS 1, and rarely TC 1. If I want to compare my times, I only compare to those people using my exact set-up, otherwise it's just not the same sport.

I don't care about anyone's settings either, but to be fair, I don't compare my times to people using a wheel, or people using SRF & active steering. I use a controller with AUTO, ABS 1, and rarely TC 1. If I want to compare my times, I only compare to those people using my exact set-up, otherwise it's just not the same sport.
I agree. That's why it's good to know what people's settings are, because otherwise comparing times is worthless. You're right. Since I drive with ABS-1 and everything else turned off, there is no sense in comparing times to someone who uses SRF or Active Steering or TC...

I agree. That's why it's good to know what people's settings are, because otherwise comparing times is worthless. You're right. Since I drive with ABS-1 and everything else turned off, there is no sense in comparing times to someone who uses SRF or Active Steering or TC...

Absolutely. I'll admit to using TC 1 or 2 sometimes with RWD cars that I can't get to not burn the tires out of a corner or over a hill. It's a crutch. The thing is, I'm always faster without TC, but it's just no fun at all to drive on that edge.

At least I was honest and didn't claim otherwise:dunce:

I've actually been in a race and was like, this is too easy, something's wrong. Then I go and check and SRF is on, and I certainly didn't turn it on. It's the default sometimes, like TC 5, which is stupid IMO, but hey, I didn't design the game, so maybe it's a good thing for most users.

I ran a test on active steering on strong and this stupid aid kept correcting the steering set and overseer that I wanted on the car and I ended up running 3 second slower laps than I normally do without this aid.

I think active steering is something you have to get used to, which is probably a bad idea in the simulation sense. I swear I used to be faster without it, but after checking leaderboards I saw a lot of the really fast guys using it. I think now I'm almost a second faster with it.

One aid besides traction control that kills you is stability control. It slows you way down, unless you run abs 0. I think stability control helps if you have no abs

I think active steering is something you have to get used to, which is probably a bad idea in the simulation sense. I swear I used to be faster without it, but after checking leaderboards I saw a lot of the really fast guys using it. I think now I'm almost a second faster with it.

One aid besides traction control that kills you is stability control. It slows you way down, unless you run abs 0. I think stability control helps if you have no abs

That was my take on this as you have to get use to this like you said but I have no use for this or any other. Thanks for you observation as I was taken back when I ran this experiment with the A.S. As far as stability control I will have to test that next and get back with you. Again thank you.

Very true. I just don't like the elitist attitude some display concerning driving aids in casual events.

But yeah, if you have your input device set up well running no aids is so much more immersive.

I used to run with Driving Line active when I first started playing GT6. It was the kind people here at GTPlanet that convinced me I was doing myself a disservice by using the driving line... So, I turned it off and have not used it in probably over a year now.

I will never insult someone for using driving aids - people are entitled to use whatever they want to enjoy the game they paid for. But, I will do my best to convince people why they should try to drive without them. My brother plays Forza 5 and he uses the Driving Line. I try to convince him that he would drive faster without it, but he doesn't listen to me. :(

I've been enjoying this event...trying different Miata's. I haven't been able to win with every single one of mine, but I'm getting close. It would probably help if I were better at tuning for myself rather than relying on published tunes. I'm convinced if I could just tune out a few issues with my slower MX5's that I would get that checkered flag. The 2007 model is a guaranteed 1st place. That car just drives so much better, at least for me.

After seeing your post I decided to do a little test for myself..Using my 07 Roadster..Running with ASM,TC 0 and ABS 1 I ran about 1:06 lap times with a couple of high 1:05's...I turned off the ASM and was able to run consistant 1:05's-1:04's and one 1:03...but I also had more than one 1:09 when I went in too hot or the Ai hit me n spun me out
The real big surprise was my flat floor 07..with ASM my lap times were 1:07 at best..with ASM off I was running 1:05's and a couple of 1:04s.There seems to be less of a change with the older MX5's

I could care less what aids are used but I have opinions about them. My lap times are always slower than everybody as my only objective is to run a clean race and posting the video for my racing students. I spend an inordinate amount of time during the race not hitting the AI cars. Thank you to all that help me every day with GT6 I could not do it without your help and support.

I could care less what aids are used but I have opinions about them. My lap times are always slower than everybody as my only objective is to run a clean race and posting the video for my racing students. I spend an inordinate amount of time during the race not hitting the AI cars. Thank you to all that help me every day with GT6 I could not do it without your help and support.
I always enjoy your videos. I know you drive in cockpit view and your videos are in cockpit view which is fun to see. 👍

Exactly! I drive like that too. Cockpit cam and clean.

SRF. Can't be (taken) serious.

Good info though.

But not about SRF.

You didn't specify who you were referring to. In case it was me, my point was not to give info about SRF. The point I was making was that some people's times seemed to indicate the use of SRF. It turned out that that was true.

Edit:

Why can't srf be taken serious, this game is far from a sim, just look at most online rooms or crazy ai tactics. Why diss srf, everyone should feel free to enjoy the game their own way, and feel free to post about how they enjoy playing.

If I have to pay 20 mil for a fake car you better believe I will use whatever methods I have at my disposable to get that 20 mil as fast as possible.

I'll put my non srf times against anyone, they might not be faster but they are usually competitive. To people that complain about abs, I appreciate the challenge without it but I don't know of any current cars that come without it. Sure in real life you can threshold brake a little better without it, but if you screw up your out very expensive tires, and most current road race cars have abs. Current gen cars in real life commonly have stability control, and show even have active steering. On a Ferrari fxx it's not even possible to turn traction control off.

To complain about someone using srf when it's clearly allowed is mean. I imagine racers in real life would use it if ur existed. Racers commonly use everything within the rules for the best times possible.

Don't be a srf hater:guilty:

SRF offers an advantage far beyond that of any traction control or ABS system. When most people post their times, they usually say nothing about settings when they merely have ABS:1 and all else off. Due to the massive time advantage that SRF offers, and the radical way in which it changes the handling of cars, SRF use is normally mentioned when a person posts a time using SRF.

The difference of the times displayed in my last post should make all this obvious enough.

Why should anyone care what driver aids others use in these type events? The event is open to anyone to use whatever is allowed.

No-one cares what aids anyone else uses ... unless they post the time without mentioning the use of SRF. At that point, it is frowned upon.

Last edited:
I think I posted I was using it. Interesting thing is some of my cars aren't faster with srf if tune is really dialled in. End of the day this isn't ranked, so I don't care what aids anyone uses. The srf dude's can also have fun by trying to beat each other's time in these seasonals, just for funsies.

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

My gold tune for this event is this smoking beast below.

Link here

tsukuba-circuit-jpg.362122
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

My gold tune for this event is this smoking beast below.

Link here

tsukuba-circuit-jpg.362122
Genius tune

Forza is the game with the Exige mate. We only have Esprit and Elise.

I thought the elise and exige were very similar as far as the base chassis, with exige having more power and downforce and maybe some other bits.

To the exige owner, does your car have an open differential? Have you tried open diff elise in this game?

not similar at all...
Exige is 300kg heavier and with more than double the power... the Elise is generally more usable on a road as well while the Exige appears to be even more race-focused (the Evora GT4 being the next step into Lotus racing)

300kg heavier? I thought the newer elise and exige models weighed in around 2000 pounds. I think most exige were a little over 2000, the lightest newer elise a bit under 1900, with several models close to 2000 pounds. Maybe I'm getting my information from a bad source.

Back