A-spec Expert Level Roadster/MX-5: Tsukuba 6 Laps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 168 comments
I based that on GT6 and FH2 so that might not be that accurate either...
Update:
According to Lotus Cars Australia (their official Aussie site) their car weighs 1,176 kg. Cupholders are an option :P
another update:
I am a psychic:
Lotus Elise (the base model in GT6), 876 kg.
Also, the Elise Cup R is very similar to the original Exige in performance.

My experience with aids is that there are some that slow you down, one that provides unnatural help, and those who are neutral in benefit (mostly stability improvement for easier control).

Slower: Driving line, TC above 1, ASM.

Neutral: ABS, TC1

Neutral+: AC

Faster: SRF

I put AC at "neutral+" because I find it's closest to SRF in behaviour, but not so much that it provides an unnatural advantage. It's just good enough that even top players use it.

SRF is definite fiction up to maybe the highest level of play? I don't see top players using it, in any case.

Were you around for the endless SRF whinging in GT5? It 's not allowed in Seasonal TT so even PD acknowledges it is too much an artificial aid. Well, most SRF haters have gone off to Project Cars, it's a bit like the last days of Pompeii in GT6.

I'm still here. :P

On a more serious note as I don't feel like checking myself to be honest, I'm wondering what the best/fastest car is for this event. I'm looking for a good grinder car. I'm using the MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (HB,J) '00. Thanks. :cheers:

Forza is the game with the Exige mate. We only have Esprit and Elise.

The Elise and Exige are both the same car, a 111R, the difference being in bodywork, downforce, and options. So, with regards to the physical characteristics of driving, the Elise and Exige identical, especially when you add a front splitter and rear spoiler to an Elise.

not similar at all...
Exige is 300kg heavier and with more than double the power... the Elise is generally more usable on a road as well while the Exige appears to be even more race-focused.

Wrong country, and wrong stats. My Exige is N/A, and came with the same 190 HP as an Elise. The Exige is more race-focused, that's true, providing more downforce than the Elise, thicker body panels, and more track worthy suspension options.

300kg heavier? I thought the newer elise and exige models weighed in around 2000 pounds. I think most exige were a little over 2000, the lightest newer elise a bit under 1900, with several models close to 2000 pounds. Maybe I'm getting my information from a bad source.

The US-Spec Elise is 1980 lbs, my car was 2005 lbs. There were no US-Spec Elise cars under 1900 lbs.

It needs to be noted that in the USA, the Elise was made from 2005 to 2011, with N/A and supercharged versions.
The Exige was made from 2006 to 2011, with 2006 being the purist N/A version.
The newer, and heavier V6 Exige did not come to these shores.
And adding flat floors to an Elise/Exige is the most stupid mod on GT, as ALL Elise/Exige cars have a flat floor from the factory.

Great posts regarding the Lotus's @UltimateLurker! I was never a huge Lotus fan, although I did like the Esprit as a kid growing up in the 1980s. Since getting into GT6 I have become a BIG fan of Lotus cars and I find it unfortunate that we can have a boatload of Elise models but not a single Exige! :grumpy: That graphic showing the difference in downforce was great...You'd never really guess there was THAT much of a difference in downforce between the two models. At least, I certainly wouldn't have guessed there was.

Great posts regarding the Lotus's @UltimateLurker! I was never a huge Lotus fan, although I did like the Esprit as a kid growing up in the 1980s. Since getting into GT6 I have become a BIG fan of Lotus cars and I find it unfortunate that we can have a boatload of Elise models but not a single Exige! :grumpy: That graphic showing the difference in downforce was great...You'd never really guess there was THAT much of a difference in downforce between the two models. At least, I certainly wouldn't have guessed there was.

I was much the same way, in love with the Esprit from the beginning. But when the S2 Elise/Exige came out, I knew I had to have one. I'm a sports car guy, as opposed to a GT car, or Muscle car, and this car is the top of that game. A recent shot.

I was much the same way, in love with the Esprit from the beginning. But when the S2 Elise/Exige came out, I knew I had to have one. I'm a sports car guy, as opposed to a GT car, or Muscle car, and this car is the top of that game. A recent shot.

I love them all. My first race car was a Lotus 47 that I raced from 1967 to 1971.

nah cant do this. I'm too crap.

Me too. Second place was best with an upgraded but untuned car. And the A.I. is a joke. Due to heavy frustration i headed in the righthander after start/finish to the right corner of the car in front of me. With a heavy bang i went way off the track and crashed in the railguard - the other car shook a little bit but kept driving like on rails. In real life we both were a pile of carnage... The Real Driving Simulator - really??? :lol:

Last edited:
Regarding the flat floor option, I find it made a big negative impact on the 07 roadster. Here is why. I don't see the flat floor option being of much use at under 110mph which is the speeds that these cars are going most of the track. I removed the floor and made no other changes to the car just to see what happened. I went from a previous best lap of 1:06.7 something to a new best of 1:04.972. The biggest reason for this is that by taking off the floor, I could now add 19pp worth of horsepower. That equated to 30hp, going from 202 to 232. That's 15% more, folks. That makes a heck of a difference at this power level, especially on a short track where you are constantly accelerating out of corners.

The flat floor option on my RX-7 Type-A is great also on a shorter track at 550-600pp. The handling advantage in some situations makes it worth the slight loss of power. I have noticed though that it really kills top end speed. At 450pp you just don't need it, especially on a track with only one fairly high speed corner.

So, in a nutshell....... Almost 2 seconds faster WITHOUT the flat floor.

So now this one`s getting old, and we can look forward to a new Seasonal series late night/early morn...Good; because Tsukuba is starting to bore the s...something out of me. - Having said that, this Tsukuba Expert chase is probably the "best ever" event held at Tsukuba. See You guys and girls :cheers:

I just ran it a few times last night for the second time since it came out. Best I could do was 2nd place. I have 2 Miatas and went into the dealership to look for a left hand drive version to see if that would help me gain another second per lap. Are there any left hand drive MX 5's?

I looked at them all in the dealership as they spin around waiting for the wheel to show and it was always on the right side.

I'll check to see which versions I have and I'll update to a 2007 model that most in here seem to have better luck with.

If it's still available when I get home.

True, but is shouldn't be. It's a tool, just like any other, and we are all just playing different levels of make-believe. Trust me, I own an Exige in real life, and this game is nowhere near what it's like to really drive the car.

This is something I did not say. I didn't say the use of SRF is frowned upon. What I said was that posting SRF times and not mentioning that they are SRF times is frowned upon. Well, that's what I meant anyway :)

No-one cares what aids anyone else uses ... unless they post the time without mentioning the use of SRF. At that point, it is frowned upon.

Edit:

I think I posted I was using it. Interesting thing is some of my cars aren't faster with srf if tune is really dialled in. End of the day this isn't ranked, so I don't care what aids anyone uses. The srf dude's can also have fun by trying to beat each other's time in these seasonals, just for funsies.

A while back when the Historic Expert Race at Midway was on, myself and NowControl were putting up competing times. Neither of us mentioned settings but the assumption was only ABS:1. Anyhow, after the event was almost up and I had done it to death, I wanted to see how much faster SRF would make my time. In that event, with the high-G bends at speed, it didn't seem to help at all in the faster cars. In the slower cars though, from memory it was about a second per lap (hardly any benefit).

On this event though, my little test showed a huge difference.

Last edited:
Back