A-spec Intermediate Level American Muscle: Autumn Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 58 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level American Muscle: Autumn Ring

cgojoMN.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability:
02/10/2014 - 16/10/2014, 04:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Normal Car

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Soft or less
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.112,000
Silver: Cr.67,200
Bronze: Cr.56,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT POLARIZED 004-P paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Autumn Ring
Track Length: 1.83 miles / 2945 m
Time of day: 12:30
Temp: 29ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
SRT Challenger STR8 '08
SRT Charger SRT8 '11
Callawat C12 '03

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I purchased a Scion FR-S a few weeks back because I love my little Subaru BRZ and I thought it would be fun to keep 2 different style tunes on the cars (considering they're almost identical). Well, the BRZ isn't eligible for this event because it's not American, but the Scion falls under that category, so off I went...

I didn't realize, until I was in the middle of the lap that I was passing mostly older cars. It didn't even dawn on me, until I finished my race, that this event is called "American Muscle". While I didn't cheat, I was clearly within the event parameters, I feel a little silly about taking a super lightweight car like the Scion FR-S out against these heavier riders from a few decades ago. No wonder my driver was already in the shower by time 2nd place crossed the finish line... :D

I used a Challenger SRT8 and won by 5 seconds. This one was far easier than London to win.

Ran a detuned Corvette Z06 C5. Pretty easy win, but nice to drive Autumn Ring, one of my favourite GT tracks.

I won on first attempt with stock Mustang Boss 302 depowered to 500PP. I passed all AIs cleanly. Fastest lap time is 1:26.xxx. Please share your lap times too guys, thanks. It is interesting that I ran 1:19.xxx with Spoon Honda S2k @ 490 PP in my race online but 1:26.xxx with a Boss 302 @500 pp. I get to retry this event soon.

Please try the Mustang Boss 302, make all passes clean (no contact) and report back your time. Thanks.

I did this with the 'Ford RS200 '84' completely stock with sport hard tyres. 👍

I've always thought that RS200 looked like a great sports/rally car and have considered adding it to my stable a few times. It's just so expensive, I don't know if i would get a lot of use from it. Do you use yours often? What type of events/races do you think this vehicle is best suited for?

I used a Challenger SRT8 and won by 5 seconds. This one was far easier than London to win.

Oh, there is no question...London was more difficult than a lot of the Expert Level Seasonal Events we've had in the last couple of months. London was a great event (great as far as GT6's catch the rabbit system is concerned).

This was fun. Kept with the theme. First tried it in a XNR Ghia Roadster which was previously tuned. In first by the 4th lap. Then got in a Mustang GT350 that was also previously tuned. Was in first by lap 4 but two other cars stuck with me until the end. Won by only a tenth of a second!

Yes, this were a blast in the Boss 302 Mustang. In car, H-shift with clutch, stock tranny. Detuned to 500 PP of course, but I liked cambering up with the weight of 1319 kg. Race time of 7:49.02 and a best lap of 1:26.7 taking it easy, late last night.

Specs: 302bhp, 1319kg (stage 3), default trans, SS tyres.

(edited vehicle details)

Last edited:
Way too easy but a lot of fun. A great credit grinder indeed :)

Winning list is growing longer.

Callaway C12 ‘03 (500PP SS)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 (500PP SS)
Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66 (Normal or Anniversary Edition)
Ford Mustang GT ‘05 (500PP SS)
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 (500PP SS)
Plymouth Superbird '70 (500PP SS)
SRT Viper GTS ‘99 (500PP SS)
SRT Viper SRT10 ‘03 (500PP SS)

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is the best time so far with a 1.21.xx and lost of 1.22s. Viper SRT10 '03 is a 1.23 and Callaway about the same pace as the Viper SRT10. All very nice cars

I did this in a ballasted and power reduced Cobra with Praiano suspension tune, I can't remember the lap times, but it was an enjoyable cruise as I like the track.

Went with an Acura NSX '91. Can't remember the who's responsible for the tune, but it was an absolute hoot to drive.

If You want to have 4 tons of fun, try this in Leno's Tank Car. It is very possible, but provides a fun challenge for an average driver like me.

Last edited:
I've always thought that RS200 looked like a great sports/rally car and have considered adding it to my stable a few times. It's just so expensive, I don't know if i would get a lot of use from it. Do you use yours often? What type of events/races do you think this vehicle is best suited for?

Oh, there is no question...London was more difficult than a lot of the Expert Level Seasonal Events we've had in the last couple of months. London was a great event (great as far as GT6's catch the rabbit system is concerned).

Yes, RS200 is well worth it, and the stock/non-rally version is pretty cheap. I love mine, even though I have 400 other tuned cars. I run mine on an Arrakis Speed Shop 500pp tune with brake and LSD settings self-modified to suit my preferences. Highly recommended, especially on short, twisty, or rainy tracks. It won't win any top speed challenges, but its short wheelbase and 4wd make it a quick, nimble, and stable car that's a blast to drive. I won all 3 seasonal events with this car easily and I'm no great driver

Last edited:

Yes, RS200 is well worth it, and the stock/non-rally version is pretty cheap. I love mine, even though I have 400 other tuned cars. I run mine on an Arrakis Speed Shop 500pp tune with brake and LSD settings self-modified to suit my preferences. Highly recommended, especially on short, twisty, or rainy tracks. It won't win any top speed challenges, but its short wheelbase and 4wd make it a quick, nimble, and stable car that's a blast to drive. I won all 3 seasonal events with this car easily and I'm no great driver

You're right! I just bought the RS200 and I wish I would have purchased it a while ago. I just whipped her around Autumn Ring and had a blast. You can just throw her into corners and keep the throttle halfway applied and she'll drift around but keep those tires biting. Very nimble car!

Tried a GT350 Mustang with low gears but it was too twitchy and could only get second. Tried the Tesla too heavy all I could hear was the tyres squealing and just couldn't quite catch the rabbit ('Dukes of Hazzard' Hemi Charger). As much as I love the AC Cobra 427 and the Shelby I thought they were overkill for a track like this with all its turns :lol:. I opted for a Ford Focus - put it on a diet and added race gearbox etc ,diff suspension and brakes. Suffice to say the Charger was right up my Jacksie for the last 2 laps but that's ok won by .257 :cheers:

Won this event with a Ford Focus ST '06 tuned to 465PP. Very fun event. Lap times ranged from 1:33.XXX to 1:29.XXX, for a total time of 8:15. Have to try again with another car...

@nowcontrol: Thanks for taking on the seasonal threads in place of et.

I have a question. How do you keep it stable in the rain?

No matter how carefully I drive the RS200 in the Spa seasonal event, I still end up sliding out of control eventually.

It does handle wonderfully in the dry condition though.

Yes London was a rough one. I only managed to get 2nd place on London and then I said the heck with it. LOL

I have a question. How do you keep it stable in the rain?

No matter how carefully I drive the RS200 in the Spa seasonal event, I still end up sliding out of control eventually.

It does handle wonderfully in the dry condition though.

I run my racing brakes at 5/1. Took me some tinkering to find that setting, but that's where I like it best. If you trail-brake it kinda of points its nose in the right direction like it knows where it wants to go. You have to be a bit careful in the rain to brake in a straighter line or it gets a little funny, but still way better than stock or other settings I tried. The brake settings on this car seem to contribute the single biggest difference in its handling.

racing brakes 5/1
LSD at 7/8, 18/14, 22/23
no camber, toe at +0.02/+0.03
torque split 35:65
no ballast, suspension from the Arrakis tune

Hope that helps. I don't have much trouble with rain this way. Works very well on dirt and snow tracks as well, didn't have to change a thing

Last edited:
I run my racing brakes at 5/1. Took me some tinkering to find that setting, but that's where I like it best. If you trail-brake it kinda of points its nose in the right direction like it knows where it wants to go. You have to be a bit careful in the rain to brake in a straighter line or it gets a little funny, but still way better than stock or other settings I tried. The brake settings on this car seem to contribute the single biggest difference in its handling.

Thanks!

I'll try your setting.

Almost stock (SS tires, oilchange, +1 rims) C4 ZR1 Corvette. No problem. Used the same car for Spa.

You're right! I just bought the RS200 and I wish I would have purchased it a while ago. I just whipped her around Autumn Ring and had a blast. You can just throw her into corners and keep the throttle halfway applied and she'll drift around but keep those tires biting. Very nimble car!

I just found something interesting/odd about this car.

Adding a Mid Range Turbo: Max Power 306 HP - 412 HP Performance Points: 469 PP to 517 PP
Adding a High Range Turbo: Max Power 306 HP - 429 HP Performance Points: 469 PP to 517 PP

When adding a High Range Turbo, you get 17 more HP but the PP's stay the same. Seems to me that if you gain HP, then the PP should go up too. Am I a dumbass and missing something or is this another PD programming error. And just fyi, I already have the other power parts installed, that's why the HP is high in this example. Just didn't want to through anyone off with that figure being higher than stock. I just find it odd that you get what seems to be a free 17 HP boost while still staying at the same PP. I don't install a lot of turbos on my cars so I'm really unfamiliar with this power add on and what it does in relation to the PP of the car.

EDIT: Just noticed the Low Range Turbo: 306 HP to 365 HP 469 PP to 499 PP :odd:

Why does the PP go up with less HP. :confused: :dunce: Like I said, not much experience with turbos and what they do to the PP of the car, but I was always under the assumption that the more power you add, the more the PP goes up, like it does with the other power add-ons. I'm probably just being an idiot and missing something obvious here, uh?

Last edited:
Back