A-spec Intermediate Level European Hot Hatch Challenge: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 124 comments
i think one can win this event with any choice. Is there a bycicle anywhere ?
Alpine 110 '72, Alfa Mito, Abarth 500 all of them between 380 and 400 PP and won the event by several seconds.

Trying to find a car which is challanging but compatitive...

Tried out the Range Stormer concept here. It gave me this feeling like I had done this before lol. If you ever took the Ram in GT4 out for a family cup at -10 difficulty you may get it.

EDIT: The fact that Focus ST can not play yet I am free to run a de-tuned Cobra makes me a little sad.

Did I read the description wrong here? Is it a hot track? See if we are at the "Hatch" and it is hot weather then I get it.💡

Ok, editing on a phone was not a good idea lol. The thing is this event compared to the others feels just a little half-baked if you will. It is fun no doubt, but the title is the thing. 450pp Euro Challenge would be more fitting. They could have picked a clutch of hot hatches, and restricted the event to that 20-25 or so cars.

The GT300 and GT500 events are almost brilliant in that regard. No TS030 or LM55 to save you at the Ring.:D Same roughly at Motegi, not that it needs a hero car to make it any easier lol.

Rant over everyone. Back to racing. :cheers:

Last edited:
I had a fun win with the MITO @400pp. Slow time at 6:07 but it felt good. Tune is not optimized so I think this car could beat any lineup at 400pp easy with a few more tweaks.;)

Elise'11 good car:tup:
b38ab435b53a2003abbe757ed031c51b.jpg

Slightly tuned 500 Abarth cleaned up, probably easier than the beginner event. Bit weird that you can use anything even if it isn't a hatchback, so you can use an Elise and win really easily.

I'm sticking to the "Hatchback" theme of this event and I've used:

Abarth Grande Punto - easy win
Vauxhall Corsa - relatively easy win
Volvo C30 - win, but not a walkover
RenaultSport Clio RS - easy win

Can you place you're tune here? That would be great:tup: My best race is a 5:55 with the X-bow. So that is almost 20 seconds:eek:

Sorry man, forgot about this! Here it is.

Elise '11

92/98
6.70 / 9.80
5 / 5
4 / 3
3 / 3
0 / 0
-.06 / .06
6/5

I can't remember what I started the FD on to get these numbers, probably 5,000
112 / 4300

12/18/12

All power mods except turbo, 60%

All weight reduction, 50# of ballast @ -50

I think the trans gears are from ShaunM80.

If you want a challenge try a 450pp Volvo 240GLT estate/wagon.

Mine has a tune it in and all of the upgrades... in theory a 320hp 1,402kg car should be able to blitz it but damn is it slow. Best I got is 3rd but given enough perseverance it could be done.

Also tried the BMW 135 coupe which is the rabbit. Power limited down to 450 from 456pp its not that easy... it only has 290hp but it has 1,560kg which is porky for a small two seat coupe.

Its not that easy, the weigh means you have to manage weight transfer a lot which I didnt expect.

Hell, the other BMWs in this class cream the competition... the '98 M Coupe and 330i sedan kill, even the 120i and 120d rwd hatches are pretty decent but they feel porky too.

The Schwimmwagen? Was a challenge to get 1st with lol. 3 attempts later I got it done. If you want a flashy car that can barely win look no further than V16t.

Edit: The Marcos was not too tough to win with, just max out the rear spring rate, minimize the front rate, then make front ride height 20 mm higher than rear. Low on power, but with short gears it is quite the go-cart lol.

I had a surprisingly easy win with a bone stock Seat Ibiza Cupra.:eek: Had a bad off on the last lap but still got by the Megane R.S. Trophy rabbit 3/4 through the lap.

Edit Again: After winning with the stock Seat I decided no more tuning up cars for this one. I buy a car, try it out stock, if it wins great. If not, oh well lol.

So my Euro car count has gone up by a bunch. Plus, I have been able to drive and enjoy many cars I would have never even considered. There are cars below 380pp stock that can win, depending on the rabbit. Then there are cars with the numbers that are just duds. My biggest surprise out of this came from the MG dealer of all places lol.

Oh, I just noticed the track temp.:sly:

Last edited:
Best I've been be able to get with a VW Tin Twinkie... I mean Samba is 2nd, but I have no tune or tweak to the suspension/trans other than a ride height drop (image is everything!) so it would probaly rock if it would corner better

Best I've been be able to get with a VW Tin Twinkie... I mean Samba is 2nd, but I have no tune or tweak to the suspension/trans other than a ride height drop (image is everything!) so it would probaly rock if it would corner better
If you want I can try to put a reasonable tune together for it.

I am having sooo much fun driving stock cars here.:) It makes it more of a challenge and I am finding hidden gems of cars I never thought to look.

The Elise'11 will destroy any lineup bone stock 387pp and make it look easy lol. I won with a stock Grande Punto 371pp against the 147gta line up, he was going slower than usual for some reason but I didn't mind :boggled: 6:26, he usually is 10 seconds faster. I managed 3rd in the stock 76 Golf against the 135i fast lineup, I am going to try to get a race with the S3 rabbit line up and try to get a win with it. The S3 line up tends to be the slowest field, so maybe I can win with a stock car almost 100pp down :lol:

Last edited:
If you want I can try to put a reasonable tune together for it.

I am having sooo much fun driving stock cars here.:) It makes it more of a challenge and I am finding hidden gems of cars I never thought to look.

The Elise'11 will destroy any lineup bone stock 387pp and make it look easy lol. I won with a stock Grande Punto 371pp against the 147gta line up, he was going slower than usual for some reason but I didn't mind :boggled: 6:26, he usually is 10 seconds faster. I managed 3rd in the stock 76 Golf against the 135i fast lineup, I am going to try to get a race with the S3 rabbit line up and try to get a win with it. The S3 line up tends to be the slowest field, so maybe I can win with a stock car almost 100pp down :lol:

I apriciate it, but honestly don't waste your time. I'm probaly going to move to an old Beetle or maby try the Volvo wagon. The Tin Twinkie more than paid to add a couple more things I don't need to the garage (even if I should worry about better stuff) and is a blast as is. its already gold, it's just having fun now!

With the Megane and Scirroco are hooked up together at the front I got a good race with my TVR V-8S '91.

I think the base 11 elise is stronger at 450pp.

Had a lovely time winning with stock 300sl 54. Grinding like a sir lol.

I can not say it enough. This is much more fun working through the field in a stock car under the pp cap than it is blazing through with something tuned to max.

Last edited:
Yea, it is a weak challenge sadly. Bringing a good car, like any Elise maxed out at 450pp:lol: reminds me of taking Cerbera LM to the Sunday Cup years ago on GT1. Check out what I pulled off in the stock seasonal thread :)

I'm sticking to the "Hatchback" theme of this event and I've used:

Abarth Grande Punto - easy win
Vauxhall Corsa - relatively easy win
Volvo C30 - win, but not a walkover
RenaultSport Clio RS - easy win

I can add:

Peugeot 106 Rallye - easy win
Volkswagen Golf GTI IV - easy win

Well the 98 500 sl has a tough time matching lap times with cars 50pp under it. A true challenge with the faster rabbits.

I raced all the Hot Hatches already, almost out of stock cars to try lol.

4986F051-47C6-4D0B-811E-DA1FC479B5D1_zps8bfx6pxl.jpg

It ain't stock, I have no clue how it's set up aside from it sits weird and has too much camber (and a gear change probaly would have made an actual gap in the times) but that beetle was fun to tromp on!

Back