A-spec Intermediate Level European Hot Hatch Challenge: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 124 comments
Jut tried the RUFs, 3400, RGT and the BTR.

They're all fine but twitchy. 1,400kg and 260 to 280hp. Also all fast as hell despite the weight and lack of power which puzzles me about PD's idea of 'physics'... see the volvo with 320hp and 1,400kg. Why is that so slow? I'm only at 2nd in that.

Did it in the RUF Yellowbird. Not that easy but given it only has 275hp and 1,350kg and pretty much 50:50 balance you'd expect it to be stable. It isnt. You're fighting the chassis to keep it on the road.

One thing that is puzzling is the rabbit times. Running stock cars from 330pp up I think I have seen them all. The BMW will run away if the Megane Trophy or Scirocco are right behind. That pair will be fast too if together. If those 3 have a slow 2nd rabbit they also run slower. If you are lucky the Volvo runs about 6:35. If I can catch him I just might get a win with something that has no business winning here lol.

Last edited:
One thing that is puzzling is the rabbit times. Running stock cars from 330pp up I think I have seen them all. The BMW will run away if the Megane Trophy or Scirocco are right behind. That pair will be fast too if together. If those 3 have a slow 2nd rabbit they also run slower. If you are lucky the Volvo runs about 6:35. If I can catch him I just might get a win with something that has no business winning here lol.

Man how many times have you run this event now? Lol.

Have you tried the Golf I GTI? I want to try that little beast but haven't had the chance. I'm assuming it'll be all good against the pack here.

The golf can win it stock if you get lucky on the rabbit. Tuned it will be easy.

GT6 has a ton of cars I just wanted to let some of the forgotten ones have a few minutes on the track to see what they are made of.

Edit: I have managed to get to 2nd several times with the 2CV. Fiddling with the tune some more I think a win is coming soon. The slower fields are hiding tonight. :lol: You need to keep your speed up and catch drafts when you can driving this thing. All tuned up with an oil change she has 60 horsepower to make those Hatchback Hotrods tremble in fear.:D

Last edited:
2CV did it.:cheers: Well I found a line-up that it could catch anyway lol. The Volvo R Design or the Fiat Turbo Plus were who I wanted in front. Finally got the Volvo to show with an S3 in 2nd. Still barely got by on the last turn.:nervous: Was a chase to the line with me on a skateboard:scared: and The other guy in a Top Fuel dragster at that point. Somehow I got there first lol.

Only attempt this if you are crazy, but it can be done.

What is the fastest car for this track?

Probably the '04 Elise, though I prefer driving the '11 Elise (more stability, more fun).

IMG_9341.jpg

So, if you do enough upgrades to the VW Bus, you can win this. Sorry about the terrible quality of the photo, my TV is still SD. But, if you can't read it, the final time is 6:09.676.

Not really going for any record with this, I was just seeing if it was possible :D

486350-d77cce62998c5c69e9808f736669279d.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20160126_22_00_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160126_22_00_23_Pro.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 23
What is the fastest car for this track? The elise 111'04 is the fatest I drving(5:32).
definitivly one of the Elise's.
If its the 11, the 111 '04 or even a type72 dependes on personal preferences i think. all of them have a good handling and more ore less good balance. Some extra pressure on the rear helped me out ;)
all of them are good for a easy 5.30 with about 1.42 - 1.43 laptimes

I have been using an Elise 111R (oil change and carbon bonnet for 449PP) but I usually come in at just around 6 minutes and I'm happy if I am just under 6 minutes. I must be doing something/many things completely wrong because there is no way that I can see my time going down to the 5:30's.

Have you guys got any tips for how I can improve?

Any tricks particular to this track?

Any videos I can watch?

Thanks in advance! :)

I used the Brera last night to see if I could tame its understeer - eventually got it sorted and lap times around 1:49. Not incredibly quick, but quick enough for an easy win. Also looks badass at it's lowest suspension setting...

When I ran Brera I was up against a fast line up. Stock I managed a 6:10 but the BMW was still too fast. So weight stage 3 and bye bye bimmer lol. Brera was too pretty to let it stand that way. Slower fields it has no trouble with all stock.

When I ran Brera I was up against a fast line up. Stock I managed a 6:10 but the BMW was still too fast. So weight stage 3 and bye bye bimmer lol. Brera was too pretty to let it stand that way. Slower fields it has no trouble with all stock.

Mine is tuned - best of all parts except obviously engine parts to keep below 450 PP. Think I threw in an extra 200kg ballast for weight distribution even! One of my favourite regular street cars in the game!

I have been using an Elise 111R (oil change and carbon bonnet for 449PP) but I usually come in at just around 6 minutes and I'm happy if I am just under 6 minutes. I must be doing something/many things completely wrong because there is no way that I can see my time going down to the 5:30's.

Have you guys got any tips for how I can improve? Any tricks particular to this track? Any videos I can watch?

Thanks in advance! :)

Tune + Practice + Skill level

Definitely start with the '11 with my tune earlier in this thread, it's much more stable than the '04, and should easily produce a 5:45 for you. After you master the track and how it's driven with that car, then go back to the '04. Plug in the same tune and see where you're at. As is the case with many fast tunes, they're more loose, and that's where the skill comes in with the '04.

Tune + Practice + Skill level

Definitely start with the '11 with my tune earlier in this thread, it's much more stable than the '04, and should easily produce a 5:45 for you. After you master the track and how it's driven with that car, then go back to the '04. Plug in the same tune and see where you're at. As is the case with many fast tunes, they're more loose, and that's where the skill comes in with the '04.

Thanks!

In case others are having similar issues:
I found a video by a guy called Fraxial. He makes some mistakes but I can see that he has an aero kit on the car and he does manage a lap of 1:44 'ish with room for improvement.

If I recall correctly it was not hard for me to get sub 1:45 times on sports tires. I hope the aero kit might be able to provide similar results.

Can turning assists off help me go faster if I can avoid going off the tracks or is stuff like traction control and abs solely beneficial on a track like BH?

Thanks!

In case others are having similar issues:
I found a video by a guy called Fraxial. He makes some mistakes but I can see that he has an aero kit on the car and he does manage a lap of 1:44 'ish with room for improvement.

If I recall correctly it was not hard for me to get sub 1:45 times on sports tires. I hope the aero kit might be able to provide similar results.

Can turning assists off help me go faster if I can avoid going off the tracks or is stuff like traction control and abs solely beneficial on a track like BH?

I have the Aero kit on my '04 as well.

1:44 should be easy, I think my average is 1:40, and I'm nothing to write home about.

Yes, put it on mild and see if it helps.

The Elise '11 can win here all stock against even the fastest rabbits. Great for learning the track and a testament to how good a car it is.

Thanks!

For me turning off or reducing the aids definitively helped me to get faster with any car on any track , allways.
Allready in the Missionquests i was wondering how on earth ... untill i found this TC setting and reduced in from 5 to 1. Even more important was this ASM stability management or however this is called.
doing this all of a sudden i increased my time by about 10% on all events.

meanwhile i get used to a setting like:
AS - strong (without its to too twichy)
TC - 1
ASM - off (very important! this slows you down especially in corners)
ABS - 1
SRF - on

I have also found that tuning on this event works best with HP and weight as priorities, vs torque and power. This is because the tires are insufficient for the speed we're asking of the car.

First lap 1:40, next two laps 1:38. I have a best lap of 1:36, but made a huge mistake on that run. 1:38 on the first lap is possible, as well as 1:36 for general laps, so quite a bit better than I'm running it. I imagine a 5:17 or 5:20 to be possible for sure.

Brands%206.jpg

Thanks a lot for the help!

I followed your advice, did the tuning and the options and it has made a huge difference.

At first my times were only slightly better and some were worse than before but now the runs were full of huge, obvious mistakes and individual laps were in the low 1:40's.

I'm still making huge mistakes but total times are in the 5:40's and it feels a lot more like driving a real world go kart (that's the only real life racing I have tried). It's tons of fun but I'm quite surprised at how different an experience it is. I'm really glad I decided to ask you guys.

On these low powered cars you can go further. I have no problems with the steering... std. twitchy is fine. I like the speed lock to lock.

Sub 600pp you can run TCS 0. On the 650pp+ class then yeah, TCS 1 can be used.

ABS 1 I always use. There are some guys here who can do ABS 0 but I find that completely unrealistic. I drive cars in real life without ABS and they dont behave like this.

Hello again! :)

I just tried a stock Lancia Stratos and failed miserably. I love its looks but I'm apparently much too much of a n00b to love its handling.

Is the (stock) Lancia Stratos supposed to be very unstable?

Can I learn something useful by driving it in this event? (I figure punishing cars might be good for getting rid of bad habits, which more forgiving cars let you get away with.)

I think no one can drive the stock Stratos. Its well known gt6 car that is almost undriveable without a tune.

I dont like Brands Hatch too much but I do hit it a lot in Forza 6. It teaches you the appropriate approach to each corner. Hairpins, some pretty high speed 3rd gear and some you can drift, some you can almost go flat out... its not a GREAT track IMO but it is a good teaching technical track.

The STRATOS needs a lot of patience and practice to drive. The R5 Turbo is a car I would recommend to start learning less stable cars and their habits. Challenging to drive but it will teach you how to drive MR cars properly. Don't just tune it up. Drive it all stock then add power gradually. Resist the urge to tune out it's habits at first also. Once you get R5 and it's quirks the Stratos will be easier to drive. You will never master a stock Stratos though lol. Think of it like riding a bull. You can hang on for awhile but it will throw you off sooner or later lol.

Back